Mayweather vs. Mosley-Who Wins?

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
It's only GB's double talk that counts. Arum eagerly and publicly sought out Paulie Malignaggi as an opponent for Manny while they were still in negotiations with Mayweather. But it's Floyd that gets Paulie thrown at him.

REAL SHIT. I also think Buk is funny because he thinks its bitch-like to speculate on the PEDs with Manny, but any speculation about Floyd is okay

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered
REAL SHIT. I also think Buk is funny because he thinks its bitch-like to speculate on the PEDs with Manny, but any speculation about Floyd is okay

you two should form a comedy duo. I never said anything was wrong to speculate that manny or any boxers including pbf uses peds. I think they all do something anyways. I'm not saying steriods but I'm sure they all push things to the limits. My comment wasn't even about floyd. But Alaskanredman is his eagerness to act like a groupie missed my point. You can't expect your words or conviction to have any value when you can't be held accountable for what you say. I told you guys I knew pbf and shane would fight and he would do the test. they are both gbp fighters. that is a no brainer. but when the same request was done involving shane is was taken off the table by gbp. that is not double talk at all. that isn't hyping up a fight. gbp knocked it off the table. i'm not talking about about pbf. I'm talking about this charade of keeping the sport clean. I bet any money in the last 30 days no gbp has done the test gbp and floyd are asking for. none of their other fighters are. this is a charade. not a very good one either.

Also it isn't bitch like to speculate that manny is on drugs. but it is when that is your platform against the guy when there is no proof.

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered
It's only GB's double talk that counts. Arum eagerly and publicly sought out Paulie Malignaggi as an opponent for Manny while they were still in negotiations with Mayweather. But it's Floyd that gets Paulie thrown at him.

cry pbf a river. Manny just destroyed a top ww fighter. If they chose a lesser fight it is because they earned it. pbf last fight was a mitshmatched tune up against a lightweight. pbf is expected at some point to fight a top welterweight. that was the issue. if you don't see it then you don't. you seem somewhat bright. unless you are letting the bright lights of the pbf show blind you then you have to get it.

TJervey

Support BGOL
Registered
http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=25120

Grown man convo right here. Mad respect for Shane for stepping up to take the testing and to clear his name. Also I do see his point concerning PBF lack of competitive reference in comparison to him. Grateful for both fighters finally giving us fans a real Mega fight!

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
cry pbf a river. Manny just destroyed a top ww fighter. If they chose a lesser fight it is because they earned it. pbf last fight was a mitshmatched tune up against a lightweight. pbf is expected at some point to fight a top welterweight. that was the issue. if you don't see it then you don't. you seem somewhat bright. unless you are letting the bright lights of the pbf show blind you then you have to get it.

That's one way to look at it.

Or

Manny Pacquiao refused to fight Floyd Mayweather because he didn't want to submit to random blood testing and sued him for his camp implying he used PEDs but wanted to fight the non-threatening Paulie Malignaggi, who openly said he thinks Manny is juicing.
And the problem is that Manny actually was willing to fight Paulie but neither Floyd nor anyone in his camp ever said they would fight Paulie. Speculation about Manny seems to be wrong unless it's absolutely proven but it's open season to speculate on Floyd.

merce77

Star
Registered
That's one way to look at it.

Or

Manny Pacquiao refused to fight Floyd Mayweather because he didn't want to submit to random blood testing and sued him for his camp implying he used PEDs but wanted to fight the non-threatening Paulie Malignaggi, who openly said he thinks Manny is juicing.
And the problem is that Manny actually was willing to fight Paulie but neither Floyd nor anyone in his camp ever said they would fight Paulie. Speculation about Manny seems to be wrong unless it's absolutely proven but it's open season to speculate on Floyd.

Excellent point. Which is why I smash both dudes evenly.:D So he finally signed? It's true?

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
Excellent point. Which is why I smash both dudes evenly.:D So he finally signed? It's true?

Told you, I get one in every now and then:D.

May finalized it yesterday, according to Yahoo!Boxing section. Like I thought, his slowing around was him dicking with Shane, Richard Schaefer just got caught in the bullshit crossfire. I figured he'd be signed in time for the Super Bowl so they could start promoting around that time.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
you two should form a comedy duo. I never said anything was wrong to speculate that manny or any boxers including pbf uses peds. I think they all do something anyways. I'm not saying steriods but I'm sure they all push things to the limits. My comment wasn't even about floyd. But Alaskanredman is his eagerness to act like a groupie missed my point. You can't expect your words or conviction to have any value when you can't be held accountable for what you say. I told you guys I knew pbf and shane would fight and he would do the test. they are both gbp fighters. that is a no brainer. but when the same request was done involving shane is was taken off the table by gbp. that is not double talk at all. that isn't hyping up a fight. gbp knocked it off the table. i'm not talking about about pbf. I'm talking about this charade of keeping the sport clean. I bet any money in the last 30 days no gbp has done the test gbp and floyd are asking for. none of their other fighters are. this is a charade. not a very good one either.

Also it isn't bitch like to speculate that manny is on drugs. but it is when that is your platform against the guy when there is no proof.

Buk, I can post your contradictions but I don't care. My first instinct was not to take you seriously. I slipped and actually started to read what you had to say along with responding to you. I'm not going to sit here and try to have a discussion with you. You have bash Floyd for his motives, questioned whether Mosley was going to take the test and whether Floyd would continue to ask for this type of drug testing. All with the intent of taking shots at Floyd. I've call bullshit on fighters regardless and have giving props regardless, but I've notice that you are eager to c/s any Floyd hatred. Any ways, as usual niggas will post over and over about one thing and then try to switch topics....but its cool.

TJervey

Support BGOL
Registered
Buk, I can post your contradictions but I don't care. My first instinct was not to take you seriously. I slipped and actually started to read what you had to say along with responding to you. I'm not going to sit here and try to have a discussion with you. You have bash Floyd for his motives, questioned whether Mosley was going to take the test and whether Floyd would continue to ask for this type of drug testing. All with the intent of taking shots at Floyd. I've call bullshit on fighters regardless and have giving props regardless, but I've notice that you are eager to c/s any Floyd hatred. Any ways, as usual niggas will post over and over about one thing and then try to switch topics....but its cool.

Damn...a lot of hostility there Dude! :lol:

On a different know, this shit is hilarious! Floyd sweating Manny has opened up the sport to a lot of angles, but I think this is a reach....BUT...I just wonder what type of standard it would set if Oscar was pressured and forced to do this!?! Also, what if it is proven that the NSAC covered positive test, etc. to keep their Golden Goose laying Golden eggs!!!

-------

De La Hoya Pressed To Sign Waiver For Past Drug Tests
Posted by: Ronnie Nathanielsz on 02-01-2010.

By Ronnie Nathanielsz

Widely respected, award-winning boxing writer Thomas Hauser who is also a lawyer, is pressing Oscar De La Hoya to sign a waiver so that the Nevada State Athletic Commission can release the records of drug tests conducted on “The Golden Boy” when he was fighting.

Hauser repeated his challenge to De La Hoya which came out in a lengthy, detailed article earlier in January at the height of the controversy over unsubstantiated allegations that pound-for-pound king Manny Pacquiao was on performance enhancing drugs.

Hauser told us “To repeat; this is a golden opportunity for Oscar De La Hoya to show the world how a righteous PED-free fighter acts and remove any hint of suspicion that he himself might not have clean hands” and posed the question “Why doesn’t Oscar simply sign the waiver.”

He said should De La Hoya sign the waiver then “maybe Keith Kizer (the executive director of the Nevada State Athletic Commission) will learn something.”

Hauser even took issue with us over our story in which we quoted Kizer as saying he didn’t know what the writer was talking about in his article and said “If Keith Kizer doesn’t know what I’m talking about, wouldn’t you expect him (as executive director of the Nevada State Athletic Commission) to pick up the telephone and call me to find out?” In fact Hauser said we should have called him first to find out what he was pointing out before getting a reaction from Kizer for which we apologized to the esteemed journalist.

Hauser stressed we need to keep in mind that the waiver “encompasses, among other things, people speaking freely about what they know. That goes beyond producing the limiter number of Nevada State Athletic Commission records that the public has access to.”

Hauser also noted that De La Hoya, as mentioned in his article, had tested positive for lidocaine and creatine but was curious to find out from Golden Boy Promotions whether De La Hoya ever tested positive for performance enhancing drugs.” He said this is an issue that “should be resolved in fairness to everyone involved, as well as the Filipino people and boxing fans everywhere”
-----

I bet a LOT of Dudes which Floyd had calmed down with that shit now!!! :lol:

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
Damn...a lot of hostility there Dude! :lol:

On a different know, this shit is hilarious! Floyd sweating Manny has opened up the sport to a lot of angles, but I think this is a reach....BUT...I just wonder what type of standard it would set if Oscar was pressured and forced to do this!?! Also, what if it is proven that the NSAC covered positive test, etc. to keep their Golden Goose laying Golden eggs!!!

-------

De La Hoya Pressed To Sign Waiver For Past Drug Tests
Posted by: Ronnie Nathanielsz on 02-01-2010.

By Ronnie Nathanielsz

Widely respected, award-winning boxing writer Thomas Hauser who is also a lawyer, is pressing Oscar De La Hoya to sign a waiver so that the Nevada State Athletic Commission can release the records of drug tests conducted on “The Golden Boy” when he was fighting.

Hauser repeated his challenge to De La Hoya which came out in a lengthy, detailed article earlier in January at the height of the controversy over unsubstantiated allegations that pound-for-pound king Manny Pacquiao was on performance enhancing drugs.

Hauser told us “To repeat; this is a golden opportunity for Oscar De La Hoya to show the world how a righteous PED-free fighter acts and remove any hint of suspicion that he himself might not have clean hands” and posed the question “Why doesn’t Oscar simply sign the waiver.”

He said should De La Hoya sign the waiver then “maybe Keith Kizer (the executive director of the Nevada State Athletic Commission) will learn something.”

Hauser even took issue with us over our story in which we quoted Kizer as saying he didn’t know what the writer was talking about in his article and said “If Keith Kizer doesn’t know what I’m talking about, wouldn’t you expect him (as executive director of the Nevada State Athletic Commission) to pick up the telephone and call me to find out?” In fact Hauser said we should have called him first to find out what he was pointing out before getting a reaction from Kizer for which we apologized to the esteemed journalist.

Hauser stressed we need to keep in mind that the waiver “encompasses, among other things, people speaking freely about what they know. That goes beyond producing the limiter number of Nevada State Athletic Commission records that the public has access to.”

Hauser also noted that De La Hoya, as mentioned in his article, had tested positive for lidocaine and creatine but was curious to find out from Golden Boy Promotions whether De La Hoya ever tested positive for performance enhancing drugs.” He said this is an issue that “should be resolved in fairness to everyone involved, as well as the Filipino people and boxing fans everywhere”
-----

I bet a LOT of Dudes which Floyd had calmed down with that shit now!!! :lol:

Your right... this nigga openned up a can of worms, but it is needed and I think they should all be tested.

About the other shit. I just hate phony objectivity and I hate niggas who contradict themselves from day to day. Its one to evolve your thinking when new evidence is provided or through growing as a human being, but some of these niggas just got bull shit with them.

Last edited:

TJervey

Support BGOL
Registered
Insider Notebook: Pacquiao Talks Steroids, Mayweather Jr.

By Robert Morales

Fear is one emotion that can be detected in someone's eyes. Honesty is another, and the look in Manny Pacquiao's eyes in his dressing room Tuesday at his training camp in Hollywood makes his claim of being drug-free very believable.

Pacquiao, sitting next to one reporter while another stood in front of him, was asked how much the insinuations of alleged steroid use hurt him in his heart.

"I feel bad," said Pacquiao, who is training at the Wild Card gym owned by his trainer, Freddie Roach, for his March 13 fight against Joshua Clottey at Cowboys Stadium. "I'm really disappointed because I sacrifice and train hard and focus for what I have achieved in boxing.

"I mean, going for the allegations that I'm taking steroids. I don't even know what a steroid is. I don't have any idea what that is."

Pacquiao was supposed to fight Floyd Mayweather Jr. on March 13, but the fight was not made because Mayweather demanded Olympic-style testing for both fighters. It includes random blood and urine tests, and Pacquiao has said he doesn't want to take blood tests close to a fight.

This all began when Floyd Mayweather Sr. said Pacquiao must be on something because of all his wondrous achievements. Then, as we all know, it snowballed.

"I think I understand Floyd," Pacquiao said to BoxingScene.com. "He just can't say, 'Oh, I don't want to fight. I'm not ready for the fight.' He's just making alibis to cancel the fight. He's not ready."

When asked, Pacquiao said he is not necessarily angry at Mayweather.

"I just felt bad that he doesn't want to fight," he said. "He's making a lot of allegations and alibis, allegations that can ruin my name."

Thus the lawsuit Pacquiao has filed against the Mayweathers and Oscar De La Hoya and Richard Schaefer of Golden Boy Promotions. Pacquiao intimated if Mayweather is everything he says he is, he wouldn't have come up with this demand in the first place.

"If you are a true champion, no alibis, just fight," he said.

During all this time, the look in Pacquiao's eyes never changed. Sincerity is what they had in them. Either he was being completely forthcoming, or he's one heck of a con man. The latter is difficult to fathom.

Pacquiao said he could take some solace in knowing that he was recently chosen Fighter of the Year and Fighter of the Decade by the Boxing Writers Association of America.

"When I heard that, I'm happy because there are a lot of people believing in my capabilities and my achievements in boxing," he said. "For me, it's boxing and God. I think what I have done in boxing is because of my sacrifices and my faith in God."

Pacquiao said a fight with Mayweather remains possible, and that he would like for it to happen. But he said it won't if Mayweather sticks to his guns about the Olympic-style testing.

"I agree for blood-testing one month before the fight and right after the fight," said Pacquiao, who would also agree to random urinalysis.

Freddie Roach Chimes In Big mouth Dude put his foot in his mouth and made an ass out of himself!!!! :lol:

Roach predicted Tuesday afternoon Mayweather was not going to sign his contract to fight "Sugar" Shane Mosley on May 1, that he would wait for Pacquiao to get past Clottey. Turned out he was incorrect in that regard as Mayweather signed on Wednesday.

Either way, Roach told BoxingScene that Mayweather came up with his demand for Olympic-style testing for one reason.

"We don't need Mayweather, but the thing is I do feel he's doing all this to make the fight bigger," Roach said. "I think that he's trying to make the Manny Pacquiao fight ... a bigger fight, because he's that crazy. And it'll work. It'll be bigger."

Whatever the case, Roach said he will never relent and allow Pacquiao to adhere to Mayweather's demands.

"No, because that's like giving the first two rounds away, giving him momentum," Roach said. "I wouldn't let Manny do that. No way. The thing is commissions run these rules, not him (Mayweather). If we had history of steroid abuse and he (Mayweather) had some scientific evidence, mood swings and stuff like that, I can see him going to the commission and doing it correctly and bringing it to the commission's attention and let them deal with it if they feel there's an issue because they're professional people.

"The Nevada and California commissions, that's what they're there for and they've been doing this a long time. But I refuse to let Mayweather call the shots. That's like giving him momentum and he's going to get bigger and bigger and he'll be running the sport, next thing you know."

Roach was reminded that Mayweather has said many times he won't fight Pacquiao unless Pacquiao does indeed cave in on the aforementioned demand. Roach suggested Mayweather will do something like this: "He'd do it professionally and go to the commission and do it right. The commission will make the decision. If they want something done, then we have to do it. If the commission does."

What about Pacquiao-Mosley?

Roach said that if Mayweather-Mosley does take place and Mosley wins, a fight between Pacquiao and Mosley would be the next logical move.

"I don't see any other fight in the world that we would take," he said. "We'd have to take that fight because that would be the right thing to do."

Scouting Clottey

Roach doesn't seem too concerned about Clottey, who gave Miguel Cotto a heck of a time last June at Madison Square Garden in New York City. Cotto won a split decision, but not without difficulty. Of course, Pacquiao dominated Cotto in November, stopping him in the 12th round of a one-sided fight in Las Vegas.

"If Manny fights the fight we're planning on fighting, one with the strategy we're planning on, I have no problems with Clottey at all," Roach said. "I think he's too slow for us. He's very predictable; he does the same things in a lot of situations.

"He fights all southpaws the same. He says he's never lost to a southpaw and never will. But he's never fought Manny Pacquiao. He will lose this fight. I feel he'll get knocked out for the first time in his life.":smh:

Pacquiao wasn't quite as bold. But, hey, he's only the guy who's going to be doing the fighting.

"Clottey, he has good defense and he can take a punch and he's strong," Pacquiao said.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
Roach doesn't seem too concerned about Clottey, who gave Miguel Cotto a heck of a time last June at Madison Square Garden in New York City. Cotto won a split decision, but not without difficulty. Of course, Pacquiao dominated Cotto in November, stopping him in the 12th round of a one-sided fight in Las Vegas.

"If Manny fights the fight we're planning on fighting, one with the strategy we're planning on, I have no problems with Clottey at all," Roach said. "I think he's too slow for us. He's very predictable; he does the same things in a lot of situations.

"He fights all southpaws the same. He says he's never lost to a southpaw and never will. But he's never fought Manny Pacquiao. He will lose this fight. I feel he'll get knocked out for the first time in his life.":smh:

Pacquiao wasn't quite as bold. But, hey, he's only the guy who's going to be doing the fighting.

"Clottey, he has good defense and he can take a punch and he's strong," Pacquiao said.

Either Roach's mind is gone or the nigga and their "program" got Manny at Super Saiyan 4.

tp2001

Star
Registered
All I know is that come May 1st, the real fight that we've been waiting for will happen.

Fuck all the talk I'm ready to go to Vegas :dance:

merce77

Star
Registered

By Robert Morales

Fear is one emotion that can be detected in someone's eyes. Honesty is another, and the look in Manny Pacquiao's eyes in his dressing room Tuesday at his training camp in Hollywood makes his claim of being drug-free very believable.

Pacquiao, sitting next to one reporter while another stood in front of him, was asked how much the insinuations of alleged steroid use hurt him in his heart.

"I feel bad," said Pacquiao, who is training at the Wild Card gym owned by his trainer, Freddie Roach, for his March 13 fight against Joshua Clottey at Cowboys Stadium. "I'm really disappointed because I sacrifice and train hard and focus for what I have achieved in boxing.

"I mean, going for the allegations that I'm taking steroids. I don't even know what a steroid is. I don't have any idea what that is."

Pacquiao was supposed to fight Floyd Mayweather Jr. on March 13, but the fight was not made because Mayweather demanded Olympic-style testing for both fighters. It includes random blood and urine tests, and Pacquiao has said he doesn't want to take blood tests close to a fight.

This all began when Floyd Mayweather Sr. said Pacquiao must be on something because of all his wondrous achievements. Then, as we all know, it snowballed.

"I think I understand Floyd," Pacquiao said to BoxingScene.com. "He just can't say, 'Oh, I don't want to fight. I'm not ready for the fight.' He's just making alibis to cancel the fight. He's not ready."

When asked, Pacquiao said he is not necessarily angry at Mayweather.

"I just felt bad that he doesn't want to fight," he said. "He's making a lot of allegations and alibis, allegations that can ruin my name."

Thus the lawsuit Pacquiao has filed against the Mayweathers and Oscar De La Hoya and Richard Schaefer of Golden Boy Promotions. Pacquiao intimated if Mayweather is everything he says he is, he wouldn't have come up with this demand in the first place.

"If you are a true champion, no alibis, just fight," he said.

During all this time, the look in Pacquiao's eyes never changed. Sincerity is what they had in them. Either he was being completely forthcoming, or he's one heck of a con man. The latter is difficult to fathom.

Pacquiao said he could take some solace in knowing that he was recently chosen Fighter of the Year and Fighter of the Decade by the Boxing Writers Association of America.

"When I heard that, I'm happy because there are a lot of people believing in my capabilities and my achievements in boxing," he said. "For me, it's boxing and God. I think what I have done in boxing is because of my sacrifices and my faith in God."

Pacquiao said a fight with Mayweather remains possible, and that he would like for it to happen. But he said it won't if Mayweather sticks to his guns about the Olympic-style testing.

"I agree for blood-testing one month before the fight and right after the fight," said Pacquiao, who would also agree to random urinalysis.

Freddie Roach Chimes In Big mouth Dude put his foot in his mouth and made an ass out of himself!!!! :lol:

Roach predicted Tuesday afternoon Mayweather was not going to sign his contract to fight "Sugar" Shane Mosley on May 1, that he would wait for Pacquiao to get past Clottey. Turned out he was incorrect in that regard as Mayweather signed on Wednesday.

Either way, Roach told BoxingScene that Mayweather came up with his demand for Olympic-style testing for one reason.

"We don't need Mayweather, but the thing is I do feel he's doing all this to make the fight bigger," Roach said. "I think that he's trying to make the Manny Pacquiao fight ... a bigger fight, because he's that crazy. And it'll work. It'll be bigger."

Whatever the case, Roach said he will never relent and allow Pacquiao to adhere to Mayweather's demands.

"No, because that's like giving the first two rounds away, giving him momentum," Roach said. "I wouldn't let Manny do that. No way. The thing is commissions run these rules, not him (Mayweather). If we had history of steroid abuse and he (Mayweather) had some scientific evidence, mood swings and stuff like that, I can see him going to the commission and doing it correctly and bringing it to the commission's attention and let them deal with it if they feel there's an issue because they're professional people.

"The Nevada and California commissions, that's what they're there for and they've been doing this a long time. But I refuse to let Mayweather call the shots. That's like giving him momentum and he's going to get bigger and bigger and he'll be running the sport, next thing you know."

Roach was reminded that Mayweather has said many times he won't fight Pacquiao unless Pacquiao does indeed cave in on the aforementioned demand. Roach suggested Mayweather will do something like this: "He'd do it professionally and go to the commission and do it right. The commission will make the decision. If they want something done, then we have to do it. If the commission does."

Roach said that if Mayweather-Mosley does take place and Mosley wins, a fight between Pacquiao and Mosley would be the next logical move.

"I don't see any other fight in the world that we would take," he said. "We'd have to take that fight because that would be the right thing to do."

Scouting Clottey

This nicca must have forgot that Clottey has been in with dudes like Cotto and Margarito, gave as good as he got and never took an ass whuppin. He is imho, the ruggedest of the elite welters right now. If he can somehow learn to throw more than 40 punches a round, he'll be dangerous. But I just don't see, with Clottey's style, how he can win on points against suchan active dude like Manny. My prediction is that Clottey stays in his defensive shell for te majority of the fight. Those dudes from Ghana play a little too much defense and don't open up enough when they have to for some reason. I used to get frustrated with Ike Quartey for his propensity to not do enough to take the rounds he needed to. Clottey will have to hurt Pac to the body or maybe cut him with that hard ass African head of his.:lol: But on the real, I just can't see Pac walking over Joshua like that. I have Pac winning a UD but he doesn't knock down or hurt Clottey bad during the fight.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered

By Robert Morales

WTF?! Tell the reporter to not blow his interview subjects after the interviews.
Roger Clemens and Barry Bonds can be convincing too.

Remember when someone said Floyd had to take the Mosley fight but didn't want to, that standard should apply to Pacquiao/Roach, who, if they wanted to fight Mosley, could have done so last year instead of a lessened (that's how Roach described him) Cotto.

Scouting Clottey

Get the fuck out of here! I think Pacquiao should be able to beat him but damn Freddie!

Definitely, and if jokers juiced in the past, they should be exposed too, just like McGwire and those Dudes in baseball. :smh:

Absolutely. I have never had any illusions that Floyd Mayweather was trying to reform the sport (does he come off like Don Quixote to anybody?) but he's opened a much needed door. The commissions won't do anything unless they're forced to.

This nicca must have forgot that Clottey has been in with dudes like Cotto and Margarito, gave as good as he got and never took an ass whuppin. He is imho, the ruggedest of the elite welters right now. If he can somehow learn to throw more than 40 punches a round, he'll be dangerous. But I just don't see, with Clottey's style, how he can win on points against suchan active dude like Manny. My prediction is that Clottey stays in his defensive shell for te majority of the fight. Those dudes from Ghana play a little too much defense and don't open up enough when they have to for some reason. I used to get frustrated with Ike Quartey for his propensity to not do enough to take the rounds he needed to. Clottey will have to hurt Pac to the body or maybe cut him with that hard ass African head of his.:lol: But on the real, I just can't see Pac walking over Joshua like that. I have Pac winning a UD but he doesn't knock down or hurt Clottey bad during the fight.

Agreed on all points.

tp2001

Star
Registered
Those dudes from Ghana play a little too much defense and don't open up enough when they have to for some reason. I used to get frustrated with Ike Quartey for his propensity to not do enough to take the rounds he needed to.

For real yo...That's why he lost that fight against Oscar...if he was more active in the later rounds, he could have took that from DLH

Terror Fabulous

wannabe star
Registered
Remember when someone said Floyd had to take the Mosley fight but didn't want to, that standard should apply to Pacquiao/Roach, who, if they wanted to fight Mosley, could have done so last year instead of a lessened (that's how Roach described him) Cotto.

There is the issue of how much these next fights could mess things up. Were Clottey to win, might not Pacquiao see that as a perfect time to retreat to politics full time? Were Mosley to win, might that not do the same thing?

"Shane came to the gym twice to ask me to let him fight Manny," Roach says. "I told him no both times, and both times for the same two reasons: First, there isn't enough money there, and second, you're too good a fighter."
There is the issue of Pacquiao's current lawsuit against the Mayweathers for defamation. Pacquiao's attorney, Daniel Petrocelli, says that the case is in federal court in Nevada, is moving at full speed and can be in trial by year's end.

But the real issue remains lost money for the boxers and lost opportunity for the sport. For now, Pacquiao-Mayweather has gone away, but probably not forever

:smh::smh: he didnt want shane or floyd but he was willing to fight mag & ricky hatton again lol
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-dwyre-pacquiao2-2010feb02,0,3406797.column

Last edited:

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor

This is the shit that really makes me go :hmm::hmm:

You are a professional world-class athlete and you dont even KNOW what steroids are.... fuck outta here Manny..

TJervey

Support BGOL
Registered

You are a professional world-class athlete and you dont even KNOW what steroids are.... fuck outta here Manny..

No dis but a lot of these Dudes all of a sudden act ignorant about things they don't want to address...:smh:

I dig him as a fighter but this Dude for damn sure knows what steroids are.:smh:

merce77

Star
Registered
For real yo...That's why he lost that fight against Oscar...if he was more active in the later rounds, he could have took that from DLH

I was pretty pissed that night. It was a great fight but I credit Oscar with just wanting it more in the last round, he beat Quartey with that last knockdown while Ike just wasn't throwing enuff.

Yeah, Manny seems like an on-the-dl ruthless mufucca, dude is prolly a little tyrant behind the scenes. I think he has everyone fooled with this "I'm just a poor, humble kid who came up fighting" routine. Put it this way, if it becomes convenient for Manny or whatever, I can see Pacman just bouncing on Roach like it's nuthin and owin that ninja all kinds of money. Not saying that anything like that is going to happen just saying that when I look past Manny's public persona and bullshit God talk, I see a ruthless mufucca.

No dis but a lot of these Dudes all of a sudden act ignorant about things they don't want to address...:smh:

I dig him as a fighter but this Dude for damn sure knows what steroids are.:smh:

Yeah, I had to chuckle at that shit. Where the fuck does he get off telling people obvious bullshit like that? That nicca Roach done created a monster.:lol:

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered

Wait for these niggas....

"There's no proof that Manny knows what steriods are. You guys just believe what your God, Floyd Mayweather, says. All this speculation on what Manny knows is like bitches gossiping." and then "(add bad analogy here). You guys are just on Floyd's dick."

TJervey

Support BGOL
Registered
Wait for these niggas....

"There's no proof that Manny knows what steriods are. You guys just believe what your God, Floyd Mayweather, says. All this speculation on what Manny knows is like bitches gossiping." and then "(add bad analogy here). You guys are just on Floyd's dick."

I feel you, and I for damn sure have been guilty of those types of posts, but as I have always said, I am a fan of boxing, not fighters! I dig Manny, but I have to call bullshit on this! Reason, with all the prevailing issues with Steroids, PED's, etc. this Dude has definitely had a convo with someone, Roach, his Conditioning Coach, etc. regarding PED's and what to avoid, etc. There's no way to live on planet earth and not have some degree of familiarity of this shit! Manny is playing the Dumb, I don't understand role, just to deflect the issue.

Plus, Shane has put a lot of pressure on Dude because, Ok, you may have had a slander grievance with PBF but going forward, how do you avoid taking the test, once that angle is removed?

Zeferino

Rising Star
Platinum Member

I don't speak Tagalog, but I suspect you guys are misinterpreting what Pacquiao really meant to say. However, I do speak Spanish and if I wanted to say, "I've never touched steroids and don't have anything to do with them", one popular way to say it would be "Yo no se nada de esteroides. Yo no se ni que es eso." That literally comes out to "I dont know what steroids are" and that's how most Spanish speakers that don't know much English would try to translate it. It's a direct translation, but it's not the essence or real meaning of what was said. In reality, if I said "Yo no se nada de esteroides, yo no se ni que es eso", I would be saying "Yo, I don't give a fuck about a steroid, I don't even know what the fuck a steroid looks like". Now that implies that what I'm trying to say is that I don't mess with steroids, not that I literally don't know what the definition of steroids is. Again, I don't speak Tagalog but as a bilingual person, I kind of have an idea of what Manny was trying to say in his broken English. Tagalog does have some Spanish elements by the way and I'm not sure if the phrasing is similar.

merce77

Star
Registered
I don't speak Tagalog, but I suspect you guys are misinterpreting what Pacquiao really meant to say. However, I do speak Spanish and if I wanted to say, "I've never touched steroids and don't have anything to do with them", one popular way to say it would be "Yo no se nada de esteroides. Yo no se ni que es eso." That literally comes out to "I dont know what steroids are" and that's how most Spanish speakers that don't know much English would try to translate it. It's a direct translation, but it's not the essence or real meaning of what was said. In reality, if I said "Yo no se nada de esteroides, yo no se ni que es eso", I would be saying "Yo, I don't give a fuck about a steroid, I don't even know what the fuck a steroid looks like". Now that implies that what I'm trying to say is that I don't mess with steroids, not that I literally don't know what the definition of steroids is. Again, I don't speak Tagalog but as a bilingual person, I kind of have an idea of what Manny was trying to say in his broken English. Tagalog does have some Spanish elements by the way and I'm not sure if the phrasing is similar.

Actually the literal translation of that isn't "I dont know what steroids are" - it's "I don't know anything about steroids."
What he said is in quotes as "I don't even know what a steroid is. I don't have any idea what that is." Plus you're assuming he was speaking Tagalog when he gave the interview which I would tend to agree, but it's still an assumption. If what he's quoted as saying is literally what he said, then I have to assume the rest of his statements concerning PED's and steroids was bullshit.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
Actually the literal translation of that isn't "I dont know what steroids are" - it's "I don't know anything about steroids."
What he said is in quotes as "I don't even know what a steroid is. I don't have any idea what that is." Plus you're assuming he was speaking Tagalog when he gave the interview which I would tend to agree, but it's still an assumption. If what he's quoted as saying is literally what he said, then I have to assume the rest of his statements concerning PED's and steroids was bullshit.

:lol::lol::lol: I was wrong they came from another bullshit angle. Now this is a big leap of faith my dude. Not only is Zef assuming that it wasn't said in English and that the translation may be different(based on the differences of another language), but he is also assuming that a translator wouldn't clarify what was meant by the phrase and also that Manny's own English is so bad that he would not tell the difference between the two meaning of the phrase.

TJervey

Support BGOL
Registered
:lol::lol::lol: I was wrong they came from another bullshit angle. Now this is a big leap of faith my dude. Not only is Zef assuming that it wasn't said in English and that the translation may be different(based on the differences of another language), but he is also assuming that a translator wouldn't clarify what was meant by the phrase and also that Manny's own English is so bad that he would not tell the difference between the two meaning of the phrase.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
Merce and Zeferino are normally my Dudes when it comes to boxing matters but to wake up this morning and see this has really fucked me up!!!!:lol::lol:

Fam, we share a lot of the same views but there is no way in hell there is any validity to any of Manny's statements concerning Steroids?!?!?! He is feeling the heat now, I guess because now that Shane has said 'Fuck IT! Test me!' he is looking a LOT more suspect with his resistance. That's one of the biggest ploys in the world, when you've run out of reasons and excuses, play stupid!!! :lol::lol:

I love to play the devils advocate with these matters too, but I couldn't even co-sign with Manny on this!!! I for damn sure call bullshit, in Engish, Tagalog, Cebuano, Ilokano, Hiligaynon, Waray-Waray, Kapampangan, Bikol, Albay Bikol or whatever the fuck language he speaks!!! Bullshit is Bullshit!!! This is Bullshit!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor

I could see HOW this could be possible...but I dont think it works in the case.

I speak multiple language...Portuguese fluently and some spanish and some Arabic. Manny knows enough English to distinguish between saying I dont know what steroids are and saying something like I wouldnt use steroids, I dont know much about steroids, etc....

For instance..i could say in portuguese... Eu nao sei nada sobre esteroides... that is .(i dont know anything about steroids)... but that is WAY different from saying.... Eu nao sei o que os esteróides são (i dont know what steroids are)...

Manny just didnt learn English last month. This is a stretch. There was nothing unclear about the rest of his statements and nothing left up to intepretation

I dont buy it for a number of reasons.

However, he claims he is very conscious about what he puts in his body and is scared of needles,etc.... but when this PED issue was in the heart of the controversy...someone from his team said he didnt know what was being put in his body. The article was posted here.

It was a way of obsolving him...preemptively ... innonence by ignorance.

When you begin to connect the dots, it all seems a bit strange man..

same thing I commented on here

http://www.bgol.us/board/showthread.php?t=458711&highlight=ignorance+innocence
http://www.bgol.us/board/showpost.php?p=7659377&postcount=5

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor

exactly

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
:I for damn sure call bullshit, in Engish, Tagalog, Cebuano, Ilokano, Hiligaynon, Waray-Waray, Kapampangan, Bikol, Albay Bikol or whatever the fuck language he speaks!!! Bullshit is Bullshit!!! This is Bullshit!!! :lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
Merce and Zeferino are normally my Dudes when it comes to boxing matters but to wake up this morning and see this has really fucked me up!!!!:lol::lol:

Fam, we share a lot of the same views but there is no way in hell there is any validity to any of Manny's statements concerning Steroids?!?!?! He is feeling the heat now, I guess because now that Shane has said 'Fuck IT! Test me!' he is looking a LOT more suspect with his resistance. That's one of the biggest ploys in the world, when you've run out of reasons and excuses, play stupid!!! :lol::lol:

I love to play the devils advocate with these matters too, but I couldn't even co-sign with Manny on this!!! I for damn sure call bullshit, in Engish, Tagalog, Cebuano, Ilokano, Hiligaynon, Waray-Waray, Kapampangan, Bikol, Albay Bikol or whatever the fuck language he speaks!!! Bullshit is Bullshit!!! This is Bullshit!!! :lol::lol::lol:

I wasn't going at Merce... but Zef has to stop the bullshit. Buk had the decency to disappear, but this nigga is stretching the fabric of reality with this shit. First of all, I know niggas who can only speak broken english and they would be able to explain that phrase with no problem in their native tongue and in the most broken up English you would ever hear. The nigga isn't explaining the chemical foundation of any PED, he is simply explaining whatever or not he's fuck with them. If the nigga is getting tripped up on that he shouldn't be speaking period. Also I can't believe for one second that after all the bullshit with this situation that Manny's team would not step in if there was a misunderstanding about what he was trying to say. The whole team is trying to play innocent in this matter and the motherfuckers is buying the shit like it's Bush saying we need to go to Iraq. In this analogy Roach and Arum are Cheney and Rove... these niggas know way more than they are letting on.

The only time a nigga will act like he doesn't know anything including the concept of the topic at hand is either hiding something or an idiot. I refuse the idea that nigga is an idiot because when he talks in English he doesn't come off that way unless he is talking about this issue. Also, after all this shit going down you mean to tell me that if you been accused of something for months that you didn't understand that you would not pick up a newspaper, a book, google it or even ask a motherfucker to get caught up on the issue.....:lol::lol::lol:

merce77

Star
Registered

:lol:Whoa! I wasn't agreeing with the guy, you guys know I think Manny's bullshittin on the whole PED/steroid issue anyway. I was just saying, dudes statements seem a bit too "eloquent" for the kind of english I've heard Manny speak. Shane is putting the pressure on everyone right now. I'm rooting for Shane to dethrone both these dudes.

I wasn't going at Merce... but Zef has to stop the bullshit. Buk had the decency to disappear, but this nigga is stretching the fabric of reality with this shit. First of all, I know niggas who can only speak broken english and they would be able to explain that phrase with no problem in their native tongue and in the most broken up English you would ever hear. The nigga isn't explaining the chemical foundation of any PED, he is simply explaining whatever or not he's fuck with them. If the nigga is getting tripped up on that he shouldn't be speaking period. Also I can't believe for one second that after all the bullshit with this situation that Manny's team would not step in if there was a misunderstanding about what he was trying to say. The whole team is trying to play innocent in this matter and the motherfuckers is buying the shit like it's Bush saying we need to go to Iraq. In this analogy Roach and Arum are Cheney and Rove... these niggas know way more than they are letting on.

The only time a nigga will act like he doesn't know anything including the concept of the topic at hand is either hiding something or an idiot. I refuse the idea that nigga is an idiot because when he talks in English he doesn't come off that way unless he is talking about this issue. Also, after all this shit going down you mean to tell me that if you been accused of something for months that you didn't understand that you would not pick up a newspaper, a book, google it or even ask a motherfucker to get caught up on the issue.....:lol::lol::lol:

Exactly fam. Dude is far from dumb. Not having a formal education and being an idiot are 2 very different things. Manny is actually a smart guy but dude comes off like he has an extra chromosome whenever the whole PED issue comes up.
Off-topic, snowed in and my girl's giving me the evil eye, time to log off, I'll be back later. But I was thinking about making a "greatest robberies in boxing" thread. Can you guys give me an idea of some fights I should post up? I just finished uploading Whitaker/Chavez.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
But I was thinking about making a "greatest robberies in boxing" thread. Can you guys give me an idea of some fights I should post up? I just finished uploading Whitaker/Chavez.

that would be a good thread.. yeah..whitaker-chavez might just be #1 all time

what about Sweat Pea vs DLH and vs Ramirez Whitaker stayed getting robbed

Jones in the Olympics vs the korean

Hearns vs Leonard 2
Mosley vs DLH 2
Hernandez vs Pacquiao
Winky vs Vargas

Last edited:

tp2001

Star
Registered
that would be a good thread.. yeah..whitaker-chavez might just be #1 all time

what about Sweat Pea vs DLH and vs Ramirez Whitaker stayed getting robbed

Jones in the Olympics vs the korean

Hearns vs Leonard 2
Mosley vs DLH 2
Hernandez vs Pacquiao
Winky vs Vargas

You know that was the first one I would say...I should still have that fight somewhere in the archives...Winky/Vargas was a bad one also...

What about Hopkins/Taylor I?