Mayweather vs. Mosley-Who Wins?

Zeferino

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Golden Boy has ruled out him fighting Juan Manuel Marquez without blood testing. That will probably apply to Shane Mosley as well if he beats Floyd Mayweather, so that's two right there. Pac thinned the field himself by committing to being a full time welterweight, cutting out Timothy Bradley as a potential opponent.

Pac already fought Marquez 2 times and Marquez is who would ultimately decide whether he would fight Pac or not and not his promoter, GBP. Marquez is a Mexican from Mexico and from the comments that I´ve heard in the Mexican press, they overwhelmingly give little importance to this whole Pac PED thing and lean more towards the idea that May was scared to fight than towards the idea that Pac was/is cheating. I seriously doubt that Marquez would blow an opportunity to avenge his losses to Pac over PED´s. If Marquez insisted on fighting Pac and the deal was on the table, GBP would find a way to make the fight happen even if it meant testing not as invasive as the one May insisted on.

Shane Mosley has already gone on record in a recent interview where he says he would fight Pac without any special testing and that Pac could use whatever he wanted.

Pac cut out Bradley as the fighter he´s fighting next and not as a potential opponent. Anybody is a potential opponent. It´s not like Pac could fight Bradley and Clottey simultaneously so how is that limiting his options?

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
Pac already fought Marquez 2 times and Marquez is who would ultimately decide whether he would fight Pac or not and not his promoter, GBP. Marquez is a Mexican from Mexico and from the comments that I´ve heard in the Mexican press, they overwhelmingly give little importance to this whole Pac PED thing and lean more towards the idea that May was scared to fight than towards the idea that Pac was/is cheating. I seriously doubt that Marquez would blow an opportunity to avenge his losses to Pac over PED´s.

Shane Mosley has already gone on record in a recent interview where he says he would fight Pac without any special testing and that Pac could use whatever he wanted.

Pac cut out Bradley as the fighter he´s fighting next and not as a potential opponent. Anybody is a potential opponent. It´s not like Pac could fight Bradley and Clottey simultaneously so how is that limiting his options?

Arum already inquired about fighting Marquez with GB when the Mayweather negotiations went south. GB still wanted the random blood testing. Marquez is a GB fighter and fights who they line up for him. Josh Clottey is the third or fourth option, after Malignaggi and Marquez and a possible third I can't recall.

Shane said that then, he was also willing last year to fight Manny at 140. If he beats Floyd Mayweather in the biggest fight of the year, then we'll see what he says.

"Anybody" is not a legitimate potential opponent. Bradley isn't a welterweight and Pacquiao is. If he goes in and hammers a big welter like Josh Clottey, anyone under 147 will look like weak competition and a nonstarter as far as ppv goes. That's how he limited his options by declaring himself a full time welter when the depth and variety is at sub-147 (lightweight and jr. welter).

Terror Fabulous

wannabe star
Registered
Arum already inquired about fighting Marquez with GB when the Mayweather negotiations went south. GB still wanted the random blood testing. Marquez is a GB fighter and fights who they line up for him. Josh Clottey is the third or fourth option, after Malignaggi and Marquez and a possible third I can't recall.

Shane said that then, he was also willing last year to fight Manny at 140. If he beats Floyd Mayweather in the biggest fight of the year, then we'll see what he says.

"Anybody" is not a legitimate potential opponent. Bradley isn't a welterweight and Pacquiao is. If he goes in and hammers a big welter like Josh Clottey, anyone under 147 will look like weak competition and a nonstarter as far as ppv goes. That's how he limited his options by declaring himself a full time welter when the depth and variety is at sub-147 (lightweight and jr. welter).

hatton :hmm: was the other name thrown out by arum.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered

Not to mention that Clottey is fighting Pac because he has no options. His career was in the graveyard. Any welter worth boxing didn't want Clottey because he is a tough fighter and you gain nothing by beating him except for pulling your own career the slumps like Cotto.

Also I think Shane would look silly fighting Pac with no drug testing. Shane has his own history with roids that he has tried to overcome. He's willing to take the drug testing to fight Floyd and prove his the best welter, but he will say fuck it and fight a potential dirty fighter???

I don't know he might say fuck it and get that last big check.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
'Preciate it. Strangely, that's somebody else that was used to tarnish Mayweather that the Mayweather camp NEVER entertained and the only person that said otherwise was Matthew Hatton (even now I'm saying "who?").

It ridiculous that niggas hype Pac like the nigga doesn't have bullshit with him just like everybody else.

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered
Golden Boy has ruled out him fighting Juan Manuel Marquez without blood testing. That will probably apply to Shane Mosley as well if he beats Floyd Mayweather, so that's two right there. Pac thinned the field himself by committing to being a full time welterweight, cutting out Timothy Bradley as a potential opponent.

I think GBP is ruling Manny out cause they have two high profile fighters (oscar & jmm) who have lost to him and another that can. No fighter in the welterweight division is going to pass up a fight with Manny. I honestly don't think GBP can even talk Shane from making that fight if it came up. I see Manny fight Berto next if he gets pass Clottey. Berto will be available to make the fight too,

TJervey

Support BGOL
Registered
Truthfully, there's absolutely no way of knowing whether or not Mayweather's camp contacting any of these Dudes, Hatton, Mallinaggi, the Mexican Dude, it is not out of the realm of possiblilty that Floyd did think about this...all Due respect but we've argued before on how suspect his fight selection can be from time to time. That being said, I doubt at this stage, he would risk the embarrassment of entertaining a fight with Manny, and then take THAT big of a step back in competition. Additionally, all I've read Arum say is Manny will not allow any boxer to dictate terms to him, and if the State commission in which the fight is signed determines Olympic style testing, he would comply. Now it would be easy to say he is bullshitting, etc. but that has always been my position and I won't call bullshit until I see them balk at a state commission's command for testing.

As far as Mosley, Dude has been salivating for big money fights for the longest and I don't see him letting a drug test stand between him and millions...I truly believe he feels like he can beat Manny on or not on PED's. Floyds came regularly stated that it didn't matter if Manny was on PED's or not, but refused to budge on the testing?!?!?! Why make that statement then?

The good thing is, we have a fight which is 1A to the 1 that represented Pac and Mayweather, and I believe we are in for a hell of a fight, and a show!!!!! If Clottey beats Manny, which is a possibility if he is a little more active, he will fuck the entire landscape up!!!!

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
Truthfully, there's absolutely no way of knowing whether or not Mayweather's camp contacting any of these Dudes, Hatton, Mallinaggi, the Mexican Dude, it is not out of the realm of possiblilty that Floyd did think about this...all Due respect but we've argued before on how suspect his fight selection can be from time to time. That being said, I doubt at this stage, he would risk the embarrassment of entertaining a fight with Manny, and then take THAT big of a step back in competition. Additionally, all I've read Arum say is Manny will not allow any boxer to dictate terms to him, and if the State commission in which the fight is signed determines Olympic style testing, he would comply. Now it would be easy to say he is bullshitting, etc. but that has always been my position and I won't call bullshit until I see them balk at a state commission's command for testing.

As far as Mosley, Dude has been salivating for big money fights for the longest and I don't see him letting a drug test stand between him and millions...I truly believe he feels like he can beat Manny on or not on PED's. Floyds came regularly stated that it didn't matter if Manny was on PED's or not, but refused to budge on the testing?!?!?! Why make that statement then?

The good thing is, we have a fight which is 1A to the 1 that represented Pac and Mayweather, and I believe we are in for a hell of a fight, and a show!!!!! If Clottey beats Manny, which is a possibility if he is a little more active, he will fuck the entire landscape up!!!!

Mosley is looking for a big payday, and has one in May. I could see him saying fuck it and fighting Manny, but it would be interesting to see how he would maneuver around the press' questions. One thing we all seem to agree on is that Floyd isn't a risk-taker... so if Floyd thinks a nigga is cheating why would back down on the drug testing?

TJervey

Support BGOL
Registered
Mosley is looking for a big payday, and has one in May. I could see him saying fuck it and fighting Manny, but it would be interesting to see how he would maneuver around the press' questions. One thing we all seem to agree on is that Floyd isn't a risk-taker... so if Floyd thinks a nigga is cheating why would back down on the drug testing?

No doubt. Plus, I ain't mad at Floyd for not backing down from his demand, truth is, he will ALWAYS have more big fight options than say..a Mosley. I think, especially if he gets by PBF, Mosley would fight Manny with no test to stab him twice! One because he beat him, and two, to have the chance to beat the Dude PBF didn't fight, WITHOUT an olympic style testing! Clottey is the wildcard though, him and Berto! :yes:

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
No doubt. Plus, I ain't mad at Floyd for not backing down from his demand, truth is, he will ALWAYS have more big fight options than say..a Mosley. I think, especially if he gets by PBF, Mosley would fight Manny with no test to stab him twice! One because he beat him, and two, to have the chance to beat the Dude PBF didn't fight, WITHOUT an olympic style testing! Clottey is the wildcard though, him and Berto! :yes:

I could also see Mosley doing that. I swear niggas are sleeping on Clottey.

tp2001

Star
Registered
As much as I want Clottey to beat Pac, I just don't see it happening...He had all the opportunity in the world to defeat Cotto without any doubts, but did not capitalize on it in the later rounds. I do not see him frustrating Pac to a point like Morales did in their first fight and against Marquez.

Regardless of what happens, this Mayweather/Mosley matchup is far and away the better of the two, and Pacquaio knows it...plus, there was no other option he had as others have said with the exception of JMM, and he does not want to fight him again (he "proved" it by saying he is a 147 fighter).

If he (Pac) does not cave to PBF/GBP demands, then he has little left to go off of. Who else is out there to fight? Paul Williams? He wouldn't make that mistake...

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
As much as I want Clottey to beat Pac, I just don't see it happening...He had all the opportunity in the world to defeat Cotto without any doubts, but did not capitalize on it in the later rounds. I do not see him frustrating Pac to a point like Morales did in their first fight and against Marquez.

Regardless of what happens, this Mayweather/Mosley matchup is far and away the better of the two, and Pacquaio knows it...plus, there was no other option he had as others have said with the exception of JMM, and he does not want to fight him again (he "proved" it by saying he is a 147 fighter).

If he (Pac) does not cave to PBF/GBP demands, then he has little left to go off of. Who else is out there to fight? Paul Williams? He wouldn't make that mistake...

Margarito is the only welter weight nigga with fame that I could see Manny fighting. Some of these niggas on here don't even care that he was padded up. Plus, he is playing innocent and you can ask the nigga on here, but I'm pretty sure that they will say that we have no proof that Margarito knew what was going on.:confused::confused::confused::smh: Therefore, Margarito can get a pass too.

I don't know about Clottey in that Cotto fight. I don't know if he was winded, hurt or just thought he did enough to win (which he did in my mind). Either way this is the nigga's last chance. His career was already going sideways before Cotto and then to lose a fight that he thought he was winning.. probably lit a fire under him, but I don't know. The nigga has the skills to be a top welter, but we'll see if he can salvage his shit.

Last edited:

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
I think GBP is ruling Manny out cause they have two high profile fighters (oscar & jmm) who have lost to him and another that can. No fighter in the welterweight division is going to pass up a fight with Manny. I honestly don't think GBP can even talk Shane from making that fight if it came up. I see Manny fight Berto next if he gets pass Clottey. Berto will be available to make the fight too,

I don't see Manny fighting Berto, assuming he beats Clottey. Arum will have him face the returning Margarito, the other Arum high profile welterweight. Margs is on the undercard for Pacquiao-Clottey.

TJervey

Support BGOL
Registered
I don't see Manny fighting Berto, assuming he beats Clottey. Arum will have him face the returning Margarito, the other Arum high profile welterweight. Margs is on the undercard for Pacquiao-Clottey.

Makes sense, Arum keeps all the money in house. Can't remember if Berto is an Arum fighter or not, but, if he is, you don't put him in with a killer like Manny yet anyway. I do respect Berto for taking the Mosley fight prior to the earthquake, but I also felt it was too soon for him to take on that type of a challenge. Especially since he's not fought close to that level of competition yet. I hear he is lining up Mallinaggi, which would be a good fight for him, to get back in the flow again. I think Manny beats Margarito, who no matter what he does going forward is damaged goods, so Arum really risks nothing putting him in with Manny. I wonder, where does Floyd go from Mosley though...What superfights are out there for him besides Manny?

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
Makes sense, Arum keeps all the money in house. Can't remember if Berto is an Arum fighter or not, but, if he is, you don't put him in with a killer like Manny yet anyway. I do respect Berto for taking the Mosley fight prior to the earthquake, but I also felt it was too soon for him to take on that type of a challenge. Especially since he's not fought close to that level of competition yet. I hear he is lining up Mallinaggi, which would be a good fight for him, to get back in the flow again. I think Manny beats Margarito, who no matter what he does going forward is damaged goods, so Arum really risks nothing putting him in with Manny. I wonder, where does Floyd go from Mosley though...What superfights are out there for him besides Manny?

The only problem would be if Margarito magically beat Pacman. Arum would be fucked if that happened.

TJervey

Support BGOL
Registered
The only problem would be if Margarito magically beat Pacman. Arum would be fucked if that happened.

Absolutely...I just believe that Mosley Fernando Vargased, David Reided that Dude! I don't think he has anything left from a mental standpoint. Once his aura of invincibility was taken from him, his confidence I believe is shot. That being said, any fighter is one good lucky shot away from getting beat so who knows!!! I think Arum is playing a dangerous game if he puts them in the ring together though.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
Absolutely...I just believe that Mosley Fernando Vargased, David Reided that Dude! I don't think he has anything left from a mental standpoint. Once his aura of invincibility was taken from him, his confidence I believe is shot. That being said, any fighter is one good lucky shot away from getting beat so who knows!!! I think Arum is playing a dangerous game if he puts them in the ring together though.

I fully believe Manny would win, but I know a lot cats will think that the weight will play a big issue and Margarito, just like Clottey, is a big welter weight. Plus, this is boxing and anything could happen. Can you image if that happen? Manny would still be a draw but he will be diminished enough to maybe retire and Margarito's image is broken. The only move Arum would have for a big welter fight is to make a rematch between Clottey and Margarito.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered

I thought he lost that "aura" against Williams and that's where the loaded gloves come in (loaded gloves like an old school wrestling villain). He didn't feel the same after that.

TJervey

Support BGOL
Registered
I thought he lost that "aura" against Williams and that's where the loaded gloves come in (loaded gloves like an old school wrestling villain). He didn't feel the same after that.

I was actually thinking the same thing...but the Cotto fight swayed me! :confused:
If pressed I'd say I don't believe he was loading his gloves prior to the WIlliams fight primarily due to the fact that he was not know as a BIG puncher and had not done the kind of damage he did to Cotto to anyone prior to the Williams fight (except that Lujuan Dude's ear). I think after the Williams fight, his confidence dropped and he felt he needed an edge...thus glove gate. I still think at this point both PBF and Manny beat him convincingly though. I believe Arum will treat him like a Bottom Bitch prostitute, put him in there with up and comers or fighters trying to get public interest and build for a bigger fight, using his name but in the mean time opening him up to much ass whipping!

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
I was actually thinking the same thing...but the Cotto fight swayed me! :confused:
If pressed I'd say I don't believe he was loading his gloves prior to the WIlliams fight primarily due to the fact that he was not know as a BIG puncher and had not done the kind of damage he did to Cotto to anyone prior to the Williams fight (except that Lujuan Dude's ear). I think after the Williams fight, his confidence dropped and he felt he needed an edge...thus glove gate. I still think at this point both PBF and Manny beat him convincingly though. I believe Arum will treat him like a Bottom Bitch prostitute, put him in there with up and comers or fighters trying to get public interest and build for a bigger fight, using his name but in the mean time opening him up to much ass whipping!

Agreed on all points. Arum's going to get all he can out of the Margarito name because he knows the dude is done in the ring.
I doubt he loaded his gloves pre-Williams, too. He hit Williams flush many times late in the fight when they would be at their hardest but still lost the last round and Williams physically looked good. I know he's got a good chin but nobody's that tough. Plus he cut fighting Martinez so a plaster-fisted Margarito should have, if not busted him up, caused some real swelling on his face. He got outboxed by Williams, Cotto (for the first half), and Mosley so I don't see him being a problem for Mayweather or Pacquiao...

if the fight between them never happens.

TJervey

Support BGOL
Registered
Mosley Seeks Respect By Exploiting Mayweather's Flaws

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=25258

By Rick Reeno

For the last few years, Mosley has been trying to secure a mega-fight. When Floyd Mayweather Jr. retired in 2008, and Pacquiao was still competing in the lower weight classes, Mosley had no mega-fight dance partners in the welterweight division. Things got a lot brighter in 2009. Mayweather announced his return to boxing, and Pacquiao became a major player at 147-pounds. Mosley began a heavy media campaign to fight both of them. Neither fight materialized as Pacquiao and Mayweather were more focused on fighting each other.

To keep himself busy, Mosley signed for a unification bout with unbeaten WBC champion Andre Berto. Soon after, a string of unforeseen events would change Mosley's luck in a way that nobody could have ever predicted. The Mayweather-Pacquiao negotiations fell apart and both fighters went their separate ways. And then Berto, stricken with grief over his relatives that were affected by the earthquake in Haiti, withdrew from the fight with Mosley.

Golden Boy Promotions, who handle Mosley and have a working relationship with Mayweather, immediately focused their efforts on matching the two fighters. Within a few short weeks, Mosley secured his mega-fight. He defends his WBA title against Mayweather on May 1 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

Mosley told BoxingScene.com that Mayweather has nothing in his arsenal that worries him. Long before the contracts were signed, Mosley studied tapes of Mayweather's style. He reminded me about Oscar De La Hoya's infamous training camp for the Mayweather fight in 2007. Mosley was De La Hoya's sparring partner for the Mayweather fight. He studied tapes to imitate Mayweather's style and body mannerisms for the sparring sessions. Mosley anticipates Mayweather's plan to box his way to a decision. Except Mosley has the same mindset, he plans to outbox Mayweather.

"I'm the veteran in this matchup and he has to watch out for a lot of things that I do. I'm very fast as well. I have good speed now and it showed in the [Antonio] Margarito fight. Speed that people thought I lost. I've had different changes in my life and I'm getting better and better and I'm feeling better and better. I had to imitate him when he was fighting Oscar. I pretty much know his thinking process, what he's going to do. He's a counterpuncher. He's very sharp but a counterpuncher. He only strikes when he knows he's got you beat. I'm not worried about that," Mosley told BoxingScene.com.

"We know his plan, that he wants box. What happens when he gets outboxed? I mean, Zab Judah outboxed him for four rounds, three or four rounds. He's [Mayweather] smaller and has shorter arms. [He has problems dealing with ] speed and southpaws and people going to their right. You put the guys that I fought against the guys that he fought and what happens? I fought guys who were big, coming in at 172. He fought guys who barely reached the 147-pound weight limit and guys who are 5'4 and 5'5, who are a lot shorter. And I'm fighting guys taller and bigger than me in every way and knocking them out."

Mayweather claims that he tried to make a fight with Mosley over a decade ago, and Shane blew him off. Back then Mayweather was competing at super featherweight and Mosley was dominating the lightweight division. Mayweather has repeated this story countless times over the last ten years. Mosley told BoxingScene the story is false. He says Mayweather is distorting the facts. Additionally, he says it was Floyd who walked away ten years ago - and Shane claims there is an old videotaped interview that backs his version of the events.

"He does a lot of lying. These are facts. There is a videotape. In fact somebody at FX told me that they have the videotape of me calling him out at lightweight, before I moved up to welterweight because I couldn't make lightweight no more. He knew that and he said in his words 'I'm not going to go up to lightweight, I'm going to stay at 130 and try to break the record for the most title defenses.' It was 26 defenses or something like that. He said that in his own words back then. What he forgets is that it's caught on tape when he tells that lie. I just need to find the tape," Mosley said.

And let's not forget the trash talking over the last ten years. Both fighters have done their fair share. Despite the years of trading verbal jabs, Mosley doesn't view the fight as something personal. He simply wants to take a statement to the media and the fans. Mosley doesn't think he ever received the proper respect from the critics. He believes his status in the sport was always downplayed.

Mosley's voice began to change when he discussed how the other top welterweights, like Mayweather, were beating opponents from lower weight divisions and the critics were glorifying the wins. At the same time, Mosley was fighting much bigger opponents and receiving far less credit and attention for the victories.

"It won't be the fight of my life but I just want to make a point that I'm the best welterweight fighter right now. There is no welterweight out there who can beat me. I'm not just going to talk about, I want to be about it. I'm going to beat him with speed, speed with speed. Everybody on their mind has Manny Pacquiao and Mayweather and I'm coming right through the back door. And I'm going to step right in an I'm going to make sure that they know that I'm here," Mosley said.

"Mayweather had no choice but to come to me if he wants to make any money. This is not going to be personal for me. This is going to be fun for me. I don't know if it's going to be personal for him. This is like when I fought Oscar the first time. People would ask - 'are you afraid? are you scared? - no, this is what I want. I'm not going to be angry or scared. This is what I want. I'm going to have fun beating Mayweather. It does have a ring of redemption because I get to let the people know, let the fans know, that I'm the best fighter when I've been overlooked and viewed as the second best and third best."

"And it's been like that throughout my whole career, even after I beat the top guys. I beat Oscar and I was still second best and I beat Margarito and I'm still like second or third best. I keep upsetting these people and fighting these guys outside of my weight class. Moving up to 154 and wiling to go to 160 to fight guys bigger than me. Losing to some but still beating guys bigger than me. And then you have these so-called tops guys at 147 go and fight people at 140 and 135 and they get glorified for it. But me going to 154 and trying to fight bigger guys, I get condemned for it."

He plans to exploit Mayweather's entire style. Mosley doesn't think Mayweather is capable of dealing with his style of physical dimensions. De La Hoya's bigger frame gave Mayweather a lot of problems. Mayweather won a twelve round decision but the fight was much closer than anyone anticipated. Mosley believes Mayweather has a lot of trouble with bigger fighters who are aggressive and know how to box.

"He's not going to be the same Mayweather, when you see him potshoting these guys. He wont be able to potshot me like that. I'm actually longer than him, taller than him. He won't be able to potshot me like that. I have longer arms. It's not going to work. I don't think he realizes that. He's had so much success fighting these little guys when he's been able to sit back and potshot them that he doesn't realize that I'm just as fast as him, just as slick as him and can outbox him too. I'm not even going by the power because that's just the icing on the cake. I'm going to beat him at his game," Mosley said.
I think a lot of what he says makes sense....Don't know if it will translate into a win but I believe to discount Shane is a bad move. Plus, in some ways, I think this may be as tough a fight for PBF as Manny would have been, if Shane doesn't get old overnight. Thoughts?

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
Agreed on all points. Arum's going to get all he can out of the Margarito name because he knows the dude is done in the ring.
I doubt he loaded his gloves pre-Williams, too. He hit Williams flush many times late in the fight when they would be at their hardest but still lost the last round and Williams physically looked good. I know he's got a good chin but nobody's that tough. Plus he cut fighting Martinez so a plaster-fisted Margarito should have, if not busted him up, caused some real swelling on his face. He got outboxed by Williams, Cotto (for the first half), and Mosley so I don't see him being a problem for Mayweather or Pacquiao...

if the fight between them never happens.

The funny thing with Margarito is that we don't know how far back he has been cheating, because I doubt he just decided out the blue to rock pads... I would bet money that dude was doing all type of slick shit.

The difference between Margarito vs Cotto and Margarito vs Williams is that Margarito didn't hit Williams as much.

I went back and looked at Marg vs Cotto the other day and Cotto was handling that nigga until he got hurt. I will say if Cotto got on his feet and boxed with that nigga the whole fight instead of just after getting hurt, it would have been a completely different fight even with the pads. If he fought Margarito and Pac like he fought Shane Mosley, I think he would be undefeated....

Margarito spent about 8-9 rounds trying to figure out how to time his slow punches against Williams. When he was able to start landing it was too late.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
I think a lot of what he says makes sense....Don't know if it will translate into a win but I believe to discount Shane is a bad move. Plus, in some ways, I think this may be as tough a fight for PBF as Manny would have been, if Shane doesn't get old overnight. Thoughts?

I'll will admit I don't see Shane winning, but I doubt Mayweather or anybody with some sense is counting the nigga out completely. I think Shane might be buying into the hype beating Margarito too much.

TJervey

Support BGOL
Registered
The funny thing with Margarito is that we don't know how far back he has been cheating, because I doubt he just decided out the blue to rock pads... I would bet money that dude was doing all type of slick shit.

The difference between Margarito vs Cotto and Margarito vs Williams is that Margarito didn't hit Williams as much.

I went back and looked at Marg vs Cotto the other day and Cotto was handling that nigga until he got hurt. I will say if Cotto got on his feet and boxed with that nigga the whole fight instead of just after getting hurt, it would have been a completely different fight even with the pads. If he fought Margarito and Pac like he fought Shane Mosley, I think he would be undefeated....

Margarito spent about 8-9 rounds trying to figure out how to time his slow punches against Williams. When he was able to start landing it was too late.

I definitely agree with the points concerning Margarito but the real problem Cotto has, and he could at this point have no losses, is the Dude was never trained on how to hold and clear his head when he gets buzzed...:smh:
He basically does one of two things when he getting lit, 1. He starts that back pedaling survival bullshit which I thoroughly despise, or 2. He starts trying to fight back and when he is buzzed he is just a jab or a left hook away from chilling looking at lights. He also needs some stability in his corner, to help his ass find a style and perfect it. That being said, I think he knocks Margarito out in any rematch, and no one in the top ten would even remotely benefit from fighting Margarito....:smh:

TJervey

Support BGOL
Registered
I'll will admit I don't see Shane winning, but I doubt Mayweather or anybody with some sense is counting the nigga out completely. I think Shane might be buying into the hype beating Margarito too much.

I think he is a little too seasoned to let that fight over a year ago gas his head up, especially since he really doesn't have a point of reference from that fight as it relates to Mayweather. I believe he is buying too much into his success in sparring with Oscar for his fight with PBF, but as experienced as he is, he may just have the perfect game plan to beat PBF. I will tell you this, with the odds, I'm gonna put some long cheese on Shane, as I believe he is a LIVE underdog!!! :yes:

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
I definitely agree with the points concerning Margarito but the real problem Cotto has, and he could at this point have no losses, is the Dude was never trained on how to hold and clear his head when he gets buzzed...:smh:
He basically does one of two things when he getting lit, 1. He starts that back pedaling survival bullshit which I thoroughly despise, or 2. He starts trying to fight back and when he is buzzed he is just a jab or a left hook away from chilling looking at lights. He also needs some stability in his corner, to help his ass find a style and perfect it. That being said, I think he knocks Margarito out in any rematch, and no one in the top ten would even remotely benefit from fighting Margarito....:smh:

Nigga if you your dome piece got rocked like that you would be back petal-ling too. It is the smart move and in both the Marg/Pac fights, Cotto wasn't just buzzed, he was getting hurt for real. If the nigga used angles, moved, box and shit even ran until he put a decent amount of hands on Margarito and Pac... he would have made it out those fights with victories.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
I think he is a little too seasoned to let that fight over a year ago gas his head up, especially since he really doesn't have a point of reference from that fight as it relates to Mayweather. I believe he is buying too much into his success in sparring with Oscar for his fight with PBF, but as experienced as he is, he may just have the perfect game plan to beat PBF. I will tell you this, with the odds, I'm gonna put some long cheese on Shane, as I believe he is a LIVE underdog!!! :yes:

Your braver than me... I won't put money on PBF because with my luck, it'll be the night that he falls apart.

TJervey

Support BGOL
Registered
Nigga if you your dome piece got rocked like that you would be back petal-ling too. It is the smart move and in both the Marg/Pac fights, Cotto wasn't just buzzed, he was getting hurt for real. If the nigga used angles, moved, box and shit even ran until he put a decent amount of hands on Margarito and Pac... he would have made it out those fights with victories.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: True!!!! I'm just saying, if he learned how to hold a little better, he might eliminate the third and fourth punches in those rounds that accumulate and ultimately led to his ass whipping!! BHop is known for that shit, that's one of the reasons you never see him staggering around the ring...

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
:lol::lol::lol::lol: True!!!! I'm just saying, if he learned how to hold a little better, he might eliminate the third and fourth punches in those rounds that accumulate and ultimately led to his ass whipping!! BHop is known for that shit, that's one of the reasons you never see him staggering around the ring...

I have to cosign this shit. Fuck it... hold and buy yourself some time... Cotto just leaves himself in front of his opponent to take more abuse after he has been hurt...

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered

real shit...

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered

not really. the boxing viewpoint i have is people can lose. all great fighters take challenges. you win some and you lose some. if manny loses to clottey expect a rematch. it has the makings of a dope trilogy. antonio isn't going to fight manny. there is no point to make that fight. if anything i see antonio fighting the loser of the mosley - mayweather fight. unless they ask for a drug test. i think the blood test is only going to work with gbp fighters. is antonio back?

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
I don't expect a trilogy at this point from Manny. The nigga has been in a lot of wars and he already has one foot out the door for politics. Also it takes a spectacular victory to overshadow a loss and most opponents who see you lose would rather fight the guy you lost to than you. That's how the game goes. Anybody who thinks Margarito has a chance at fighting the winner of Shane v Floyd over the winner of Manny v Clottey is severely buggin'... I barely think the nigga got a chance at Clottey... even if Clottey loses to Pacman.

tp2001

Star
Registered
Three things about what has been recently discussed...

1. Arum may be on edge on this fight against Clottey...He is (hopefully) coming in at his true boxing weight, unlike when Oscar and Cotto fought Pac, so he should be at full strength. I think he will give Pac problems just like JMM did in their two fights. However, that unknown factor of him finishing fights gives Pac the slight edge...

Now if they still don't want to fight Floyd with the demands in place, then the Margarito fight is possible...and I would not be surprised if it happens since if it does, then Arum would have three big fights with fighters in his stable (Cotto/Margarito, Pac/Cotto, Margarito/Pac)...That is what he has done over the past couple of years so why stop now?

2. Shane will be definitely ready for his match with Floyd...More than some may think...don't let those comments lure folks into thinking that the win against Margs and the sparring session with Oscar gassed Shane's head up...Remember that when Oscar fought Floyd, he flustered him in the early rounds by using the jab and knocked Floyd off of his plan...the main reason that Floyd came back was that Oscar's activity diminished in the second half of the fight...Shane knows what to do to win, it's all about executing it...

3. As I said before, and I will say it again, the fight with Mosley will be tougher for Floyd than the Pac fight would...Mosley has more power, is bigger, taller, and is fast enough to catch Floyd with power shots. More importantly, I say Shane would be more accurate in his throws than Pac is...Manny looks like he just flails away with his punches in tight quarters (or close exchanges).