Learning Daz 3d

DjMorpheus

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This is idea for a cover for an upcoming single. This is straight outta Daz but have to do some photoshop work on this one.

thinking_of_you_by_acidjazzguitarist_de3mz1o-fullview.jpg

tajshan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
CW let me know if you need tutorials for Z. Working on this now

Say Bruh, I'm trying to into Z myself. That ish is veeeeeery different from most other 3D software I've messed with. If you don't mind, I'd be glad to get any help I can get for this package.

djpolo

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Say Bruh, I'm trying to into Z myself. That ish is veeeeeery different from most other 3D software I've messed with. If you don't mind, I'd be glad to get any help I can get for this package.

Only drawback is I have a Rapidgator account bra. Its worth it even if you only do a month. I was trying to find all this shit without an account and got frustrated. Got tired of doing torrents. Let me know.

tajshan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Only drawback is I have a Rapidgator account bra. Its worth it even if you only do a month. I was trying to find all this shit without an account and got frustrated. Got tired of doing torrents. Let me know.
25 bucks for 30 days? I can do that. If it'll give a leg up on Zbrush, why not. Proper training on that software costs waaaaay more. I'm game.

djpolo

Rising Star
Platinum Member
25 bucks for 30 days? I can do that. If it'll give a leg up on Zbrush, why not. Proper training on that software costs waaaaay more. I'm game.

Bet these are the ones Im working on now.

Where I get some struff from.

Lets keep each other motivated.

Dude has a thick accent but he goes hard

DjMorpheus

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Thought I'd throw my 2 cents in. My side hustle is freelance digital artist and I've been using Poser for about 15 years, and Daz Studio for about 5. So if anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

To answer your question, with a little Practice Face Gen works really well with Daz Studio. I often get requests for self portraits, so I created a googledrive folder to show clients my digital clones. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1jyVCOgqu3CMeecj6TYPEyDicVaKOKF2P?usp=sharing . All those characters were made using FaceGen, Genesis 3 (Male and Female) and a little photoshop.

and for anyone who doesn't want to use the googledrive link, you I have some facegen examples on my website. RLPattersonART.com.
I think Illustrator would be good for what you are trying to do as well.
LOL, most of Daz content is for females. Nobody wanna work on dudes!

:lol:

Soooooooooooooo....this cat got at me on Facebook. He's doing a cgi movie on Parliament/Funkadelic. He needs some characters done in 3d. Told him I might be able to point him in the right direction. Anybody interested in something like that?

sample_poster_by_acidjazzguitarist_de3pjx9-fullview.jpg

djpolo

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Soooooooooooooo....this cat got at me on Facebook. He's doing a cgi movie on Parliament/Funkadelic. He needs some characters done in 3d. Told him I might be able to point him in the right direction. Anybody interested in something like that?

Not there yet DJ. Maybe some of the other fellas can help.

cashwhisperer

My favorite key is E♭
BGOL Investor

I don't have the time right now, but it looks interesting. What kind of characters? He wants to recreate the Parliament/Funkadelic Characters? I know how to do it in DAZ with morphs maybe, but not from the ground up with zBrush. How does je plan to use them and what program is he using?

DjMorpheus

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don't have the time right now, but it looks interesting. What kind of characters? He wants to recreate the Parliament/Funkadelic Characters? I know how to do it in DAZ with morphs maybe, but not from the ground up with zBrush. How does je plan to use them and what program is he using?

Same thing I told him. I don't have time but it sounds like he wants characters of Parliament done. FIrst message he sent was this...

Here's a rough draft of a movie poster. The storyline is just about finished, I only need to tie up a few loose ends. The Next Great Sci-Fi movie with all the characters we know and love. Believe me, The FUNKateers have evolved.

Here's a rough draft of StarChild doing his thing, Defending The FUNK(This piece is from a larger poster). Until I can get my workstation going, what would be the cost of converting this to 3d as a character study?

THE DRIZZY

Ally of The Great Ancestors
OG Investor

I like the love child combining feature for head morphs. When I get my set up together I will be blending different photos of same people.

cashwhisperer

My favorite key is E♭
BGOL Investor
Same thing I told him. I don't have time but it sounds like he wants characters of Parliament done. FIrst message he sent was this...

Here's a rough draft of a movie poster. The storyline is just about finished, I only need to tie up a few loose ends. The Next Great Sci-Fi movie with all the characters we know and love. Believe me, The FUNKateers have evolved.

Here's a rough draft of StarChild doing his thing, Defending The FUNK(This piece is from a larger poster). Until I can get my workstation going, what would be the cost of converting this to 3d as a character study?

Yeah, I wouldn't be able to pull that off right now. The outfits would need to be done in zBrush or Marvelous Designer, neither of which I'm an expert.

cashwhisperer

My favorite key is E♭
BGOL Investor
That shit is crazy! Is that possible in Daz or they using Maya or some shit like that

All of it is possible in Daz. Some of it WAS Daz, but it's probably way easier to do in Maya or Blender. I have scripts that can make the tits and ass jiggle, but they only work on 4.10 and below...which is really all you need unless you want the belly to jiggle too. As far as the animation though, it can all be done in DAZ.

DjMorpheus

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
All of it is possible in Daz. Some of it WAS Daz, but it's probably way easier to do in Maya or Blender. I have scripts that can make the tits and ass jiggle, but they only work on 4.10 and below...which is really all you need unless you want the belly to jiggle too. As far as the animation though, it can all be done in DAZ.

Got a lighting question...

Okay in Poser on damn near all the scenes I did everything was rendered seperately and then put together in PS. I had one main lighting set that I used for damn near everything. It was called Complex Global Lighting. On indoor scenes I would just render with no ceiling and use that light set. Then use same light set when I seperately rendered the figures. Bring all the images in PS and then composite. This gave me total control over the final look.
Like this...

ddbh11l-d36e5f21-086f-4956-96b8-966229e26f87.jpg

Now I'm trying to wrap my head around doing this in Daz. I use the HDRI for background on images but trying to do indoor scenes and no lights when using HDRI. Question is...do you have to create lights for every indoor scene and set them up or can you use HDRI on a indoor scene?

cashwhisperer

My favorite key is E♭
BGOL Investor
Got a lighting question...

Okay in Poser on damn near all the scenes I did everything was rendered seperately and then put together in PS. I had one main lighting set that I used for damn near everything. It was called Complex Global Lighting. On indoor scenes I would just render with no ceiling and use that light set. Then use same light set when I seperately rendered the figures. Bring all the images in PS and then composite. This gave me total control over the final look.
Like this...

ddbh11l-d36e5f21-086f-4956-96b8-966229e26f87.jpg

Now I'm trying to wrap my head around doing this in Daz. I use the HDRI for background on images but trying to do indoor scenes and no lights when using HDRI. Question is...do you have to create lights for every indoor scene and set them up or can you use HDRI on a indoor scene?

From the daz3d.com forum:

"If you want to use an HDR with an interior, one option is to use Iray Section Planes. These act as an infinite cutting plane that allows light in to the scene without you having to manually click off walls. This also allows you to cut diagonally, which would be a pain to do by hand with the geometry editor. Here is a room lit with one of the presets from PRO-Studio HDR Lighting System. You can also see how I positioned the Iray Section Plane to cut out the walls. To create one, go to the Create menu and choose Iray Section Plane Node. You won't see anything in the viewport but you can manipulate it with the translate tool to position it. You will see the effect when you enter Iray preview mode or render."

305dd88e6a89ddc4192caa5cda2bb2.jpg

3739b938cd7a26511de9c11f9a79f1.jpg

613cdd6f9ff7e9a5e2a81e54acbac5.jpg

To turn off the roof in Daz, select it, then go to Parameters < Display, and then there are options to make it visible in the rendering, scene or simulation. So that should allow you to do the same as you would in Poser right?