Joe Budden podcast done? No Rory or Mal for 2nd straight episode

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You're leaving out the personal part. Mal shouldn't have more loyalty to a co worker than his friend who he's lived with.

As for the other dumb shit you said about gangs and shit negro please..biggest gang in our community is the police
Right and them pigs solid as fuck ain't it? They don't ever turn their back on each other so I don't know what he meant about that gang shit.

But in regards to the first part....what do y'all mean he sided with the white boy?

Supersav

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Right and them pigs solid as fuck ain't it? They don't ever turn their back on each other so I don't know what he meant about that gang shit.

But in regards to the first part....what do y'all mean he sided with the white boy?
He left the show the first time because of how joe was treating the white boy.

BLACKLOOP

Rising Star
Registered
Mal really didn’t wanna be there anymore, way before the fall out in recent months.
Joe is nasty for house he’s airing these dudes out especially Mal or even Rory that came and supported you when your most recent child was delivered

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What part are you not understanding?
They were with Spotify, their contract was up and they couldn't agree on a new one so they bounced
Ok so why are you responding he didn't fuck his bag up if he couldn't agree to another deal? You disagreeing with something that ain't disagreeable.

Supersav

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He left the show because Joe “Told” Rory to take some time off for a coup of shoes and not to come back and Mal fwlt Joe could do the same to him.

Plus they had conversations off camera which led to Mal being gone too.
Mal forgot the nigga who fed him literally for some cracker

RUDY RAYYY MO

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
All yall have it wrong keep saying Joe blew the Spotify bag

They was trying to jerk him on the reup so he didn't resign

Thats not fuckin up the bag that's moving on cause u know your worth

And yall can't keep saying Mal stuck up for the white boy yall going into it with the wrong mind frame. He was rollin with what he thought was right and what was right for his fellow Co hort not a white man. His Co hort.

Yall too racist to even see that shit but mad when white ppl look at yall crazy and judge yall based off other black ppl when yall do the same shit. Hypocrites

Parks and Ian are white too but yall seem to miss that part
Hey WHITE BOY numerous times you have called us racist for dissing that WHITE BOY. Again Black folk cannot be racist, prejudiced yes. So again WHITE BOY fuck you and hoery

RUDY RAYYY MO

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
This yall problem yall be at yall jobs ignoring what happens to ya Co workers then when it eventually happens to you then yall wanna complain.

Black ppl shit

Instead of going with what's right oppose to checkin the problem yall just ignore the shit as if it's gonna go away

That's why gangs so heavy in our community because we ignore shit until it's our family member a victim then all of a sudden we wanna act woke

If he did Rory like that wtf u think was eventually gonna happen to him if Rory was there since episode 10 and Mal got there around episode 75-80. Yall need to think sometimes
Y'all ain't gone check this racist peckawood

ldub1978

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What part are you not understanding?
They were with Spotify, their contract was up and they couldn't agree on a new one so they bounced

Joe contract was up with spotify, they never had a contract with spotify cuz there just workers

SmaLLz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Joe contract was up with spotify, they never had a contract with spotify cuz there just workers
This is true. Part of the reason that Joe didn't sign again is that Spotify wanted to basically 360 deal everyone on the pod and have rights to all the IP. Joe brought that deal back to the group because it was more money than the majority of them ever had. Rory had already begun working on the Emotional Oranges project and Parks has been doing music way before Spotify. I don't know if Mal had anything on the horizon during the negotiations.

PDQ21

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Y'all ain't gone check this racist peckawood
U do it

U in here asking for help?

Don't worry I'll get to the others

I been on this board since 01 I don't give a fuck what these mfers have to say about me

R u dumb? This is the internet

I'm black in real life

I grew up in the PJs like a real nigga

Mother black, father was black RIP, sisters black, Wife black, side chicks black, daughter black, son black, even my tran sister black, so I accept ya go to shit when i criticize black ppl cause we have alot of shit about us that I don't like but I guess I'm not suppose to point it out. Go check my resume I give it to white ppl in plenty of threads way way more than when I come at some of yall hypocrites

PDQ21

Rising Star
Platinum Member
giphy.gif
Yup

RUDY RAYYY MO

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
U do it

U in here asking for help?

Don't worry I'll get to the others

I been on this board since 01 I don't give a fuck what these mfers have to say about me

R u dumb? This is the internet

I'm black in real life

I grew up in the PJs like a real nigga

Mother black, father was black RIP, sisters black, Wife black, side chicks black, daughter black, son black, even my tran sister black, so I accept ya go to shit when i criticize black ppl cause we have alot of shit about us that I don't like but I guess I'm not suppose to point it out. Go check my resume I give it to white ppl in plenty of threads way way more than when I come at some of yall hypocrites
Oh so you're a coon. I rest my case

lazarus

waking people up
BGOL Investor
But ain't Joe the one always talking about building up your brand and getting the bag? Ain't that why he turned down the Spotify deal?

I guess why its kind of going over my head because I thought it was common practice.

For instance how it works in TV series is...if you have a hit show...your actors get a pay raise the next season or two....some even negotiate to get Executive Producer credit and Producer credit eventually. In those Marvel Films....they pay their actors standard rate....then in the sequels they get paid more and get EP credits even. So this whole "not let two workers leverage him for partnership stakes".....maybe its different in the podcast world I guess?
thats usually in the contact beforehand

PDQ21

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Oh so you're a coon. I rest my case
Basically

Feel like both yall butt buddies

What exactly makes me a coon because I'm not prejudice? Ok

Because I'm not a hypocrite like yall? Ok

Because I call yall tf out? Ok

OK I'll accept it

Only thing yall not from where I'm from or walked in my shoes. Never sold shit, never saw dead bodies, never busted their gun, never saw somebody get shot right in front of them, never did one in jail

Yeah I'm the coon tho? yall old heads been living too good for too long

Don't even wanna acknowledge the person most likely to smoke ya dumb ass will be the same color as you but I'm wrong for pointing it out and just because I'm not around white ppl I can admit it all never in their presence tho

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I guess why its kind of going over my head because I thought it was common practice.

For instance how it works in TV series is...if you have a hit show...your actors get a pay raise the next season or two....some even negotiate to get Executive Producer credit and Producer credit eventually. In those Marvel Films....they pay their actors standard rate....then in the sequels they get paid more and get EP credits even. So this whole "not let two workers leverage him for partnership stakes".....maybe its different in the podcast world I guess?
you got this confused
profit share ≠ equity ≠ ownership

exec producer is only a credit.
some are getting a profit share (eg Robert Downey - Infinity War) no IP ownership

some have equity based on invested capital (eg Geffen or Weinstein) or license (Saban - Power Rangers, Stan Lee - GiJoe) - but no IP ownership or they get partial ownership that's silent / non voting (eg Fox % of Raiders of the Lost Ark)

some own the IP (eg Seinfeld, George Lucas, JK Rowling Wachowskis, Cohen Brothers etc)

Using Friends TV show-
iirc The actors signed contracts for 3 seasons
when the contracts expired They individually negotiated MUCH larger deals
then on the 3rd contracts the cast of Friends negotiated as a group to get a profit share

In the case of the Jbp:

Rory & Mal have a profit share on the podcast and live shows.
no equity %
no ownership

this is why R&M can ask to see accounting for the pod

Joe & Ian explained what was needed for R&M to get ownership: find and bring in revenue to the pod

But ain't Joe the one always talking about building up your brand and getting the bag? Ain't that why he turned down the Spotify deal?
The Spotify deal was rejected because Joe had analysis showing it under valued the pod AND Spotify wanted % of all revenue generated by podcast members

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
My point is no matter what...

rory and Mal should of manned up just to NOT give Ak the satisfaction.

I don't subscribe to this celebration of pettiness in any way shape form or fashion

However in this case?

Just off gp

I ain't letting Ak be right

Nope. No way.

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
mal is an asshole who is 39 and dresses like he's 23 with no personality and rory is just another entitled white boy whose opinion means shit. he be aight.

Thing of it is, Mal didn't start out Mr cool.

He WAS the fun, lively mfkr......

He was "new money," flashy but not arrogant still humble but still new and naive about his voice/ presence in podcasting.....

But after mfkrs got some fame and notoriety.....he moved different.....he became too cool for fun

PDQ21

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Thing of it is, Mal didn't start out Mr cool.

He WAS the fun, lively mfkr......

He was "new money," flashy but not arrogant still humble but still new and naive about his voice/ presence in podcasting.....

But after mfkrs got some fame and notoriety.....he moved different.....he became too cool for fun
I could agree with this

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Episode 438 | “The Joe Budden Podcast" (feat. Joe’s Therapist)

On this episode: The JBP discusses J. Cole as the king of album rollouts (21:20), Nicki Minaj dropping her old mixtape with a new song (31:30), and Migos new music (34:55). Meek Mill & Rick Ross may be beefing (41:23), Juice Wrld’s friend provides an update (45:05), and J. Cole is fighting Puff allegations (51:35) Joe apologizes to Rory (55:45) and clears up why he said he never asked for anything (59:05). He addresses accountability in uncomfortable conversations (1:18:00), and the therapist joins the podcast (1:22:10). They discuss Joe as the aggressor (1:25:30), the definition of insanity (1:30:00), and Joe being the last to know there has been an issue (1:35:10). They speak to dealing with your own triggers (1:50:40), accepting what happened (1:58:50), Joe feeling like he was losing the locker room (2:21:30), and getting it out the mud (2:23:10). Betrayal (2:27:15), repairing trust (2:34:10), being forced to evolve (2:45:30), fear of success (2:49:30), and more.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Episode 438 | “The Joe Budden Podcast" (feat. Joe’s Therapist)

On this episode: The JBP discusses J. Cole as the king of album rollouts (21:20), Nicki Minaj dropping her old mixtape with a new song (31:30), and Migos new music (34:55). Meek Mill & Rick Ross may be beefing (41:23), Juice Wrld’s friend provides an update (45:05), and J. Cole is fighting Puff allegations (51:35) Joe apologizes to Rory (55:45) and clears up why he said he never asked for anything (59:05). He addresses accountability in uncomfortable conversations (1:18:00), and the therapist joins the podcast (1:22:10). They discuss Joe as the aggressor (1:25:30), the definition of insanity (1:30:00), and Joe being the last to know there has been an issue (1:35:10). They speak to dealing with your own triggers (1:50:40), accepting what happened (1:58:50), Joe feeling like he was losing the locker room (2:21:30), and getting it out the mud (2:23:10). Betrayal (2:27:15), repairing trust (2:34:10), being forced to evolve (2:45:30), fear of success (2:49:30), and more.

I respect Joe for going to a therapist and helping him through his thoughts and emotions.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Lol... at Mal trying to find a "platform" to get off his truth....

all these years of poding and dude dont even have his own Free Youtube page...

Joe mentions that. Rory said he wanted a percentage off YT. Joe said no, because I've had this for years and this is my audience(Joe Budden TV).

He said I'll give you the video and you can make your own YT page with it.

Rory didn't do it :dunno:

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Joe mentions that. Rory said he wanted a percentage off YT. Joe said no, because I've had this for years and this is my audience(Joe Budden TV).

He said I'll give you the video and you can make your own YT page with it.

Rory didn't do it :dunno:

And what's wrong with that??

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
And what's wrong with that??

They expected to be spoon fed

They have nothing of their own.

If you look at a lot of other people they started building their own podcast from their own popularity. Charlamagne got in under Loud Speakers. He started bringing podcast to LSN, to the point he became an owner and built up his own network. Alt Right Andy built his own podcast.

Even Savon and Alex developed their own podcast.