Joe Budden podcast done? No Rory or Mal for 2nd straight episode

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He was right about Slaughterhouse. (Notice they didn't move on without him.) He outgrew Complex, and he got a better deal than the Spotify deal. Even now, he's actually in the right to not let two workers leverage him for partnership stakes.
But ain't Joe the one always talking about building up your brand and getting the bag? Ain't that why he turned down the Spotify deal?

I guess why its kind of going over my head because I thought it was common practice.

For instance how it works in TV series is...if you have a hit show...your actors get a pay raise the next season or two....some even negotiate to get Executive Producer credit and Producer credit eventually. In those Marvel Films....they pay their actors standard rate....then in the sequels they get paid more and get EP credits even. So this whole "not let two workers leverage him for partnership stakes".....maybe its different in the podcast world I guess?

A to Dah K

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Joe is emotional as a woman
I hate men who act like that. I once had a friend like that, everything is woah is me, never any self reflection or accountability. Had to cut ties. I also have a female friend like that, falls out with EVERYONE and then plays the victim, shit is so annoying.

pollux

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Shit man I clearly don't follow his career as close as I did because I don't know about none of this shit. Last thing I remember him on was Love and Hip Hop and Everyday Struggle. I knew of the podcast but didn't really know It got this popular. I'm fascinated by all of this that's going on but I honestly can't even tell you who Rory or Mal is....lol I had no idea people liked him like this...he comes across as a crackhead to me but maybe that's why people watch him?

After watching yesterday's show, he may be back on drugs. I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Joe is emotional as a woman
I hate men who act like that. I once had a friend like that, everything is woah is me, never any self reflection or accountability. Had to cut ties. I also have a female friend like that, falls out with EVERYONE and then plays the victim, shit is so annoying.

They didn't come to record the podcast again. What did you want him to do? What would your boss do?

He's there boss

Onpoint

Rising Star
Registered
Idk... they all danced around shit when they came back a few eps ago. I actually see both sides of the game here on this BUT... Joe airing them out on a pod was in poor taste to me. They all could’ve just put out a joint statement saying the run was over. Now it’s messy. If all Mal & Rory brought to the table was talent and didn’t fund the business financially.... ‍♂️ But... this is why you don’t do business with “friends” or on handshake agreements

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
He was right about Slaughterhouse. (Notice they didn't move on without him.) He outgrew Complex, and he got a better deal than the Spotify deal. Even now, he's actually in the right to not let two workers leverage him for partnership stakes.
People can say what they want he became a multimillionaire by doing it his way.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Yo there is something I need to address

I don't like all these sorry youtubers Podcaster etc

Saying rory and Mal didn't DESERVE to be paid such and such

Or they didn't do anything etc etc

That is never ever the case.

You are worth what you negotiate

Nothing more nothing less

I'm hearing a whole lot of talentless folk hating cause THEY didn't have that opportunity.

That ain't nothing but jealousy

All of yall outside like 20 shows are straight trash

But that don't mean you shouldn't be paid handsomely if the opportunity presents itself

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
:dunno:

waiting on Rory & Mal pov...

based on old pods and Joe's last 2 pods I see the pattern,

but still want to hear R&M's story

Has Joe ever worked with anyone and not have beef with them?

Didnt he have beef with Eminem after they signed him to Shady Records. Dude is always causing drama.

pollux

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
:dunno:

waiting on Rory & Mal pov...

based on old pods and Joe's last 2 pods I see the pattern,

but still want to hear R&M's story

I think all parties are to blame. I think Ebro said it best. Joe has to be a leader. He's a poor one. All these failed relationships all have one common denominator. Scottie Beam on SOTC and Olivia on the second show he launched on his network had a falling out with him. Can't be a coincidence. And acts way too emotional. Rory and Mal handled their biz poorly. If you wanted equity, wait to negotiate that after the contract ends. Again, they were making great money. Especially during Covid. I don't think they recognized this whole social media is Joe's life, future and how he feeds his family. They don't have one, and didn't/wouldn't/couldn't grasp it. He put them on. Once that happened, the onus was on them to make moves behind the scenes if they wanted more equity. They should have done that once the Spotify deal ended or waited a year after the current contract ends. He offered them the Youtube channel. That's gracious as fuck. Unheard of, if true. At the same time, he owns the network. Once he said he didn't owe his friends respect(which is wild), that sealed the deal. He's all business, and I would have did the same. I would have kept it a buisness relationship. His definition of friends and theirs are different.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
. His definition of friends and theirs are different.
here is a good read:

41+pMUTvbDL._SX310_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

pollux

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Joes is on the drug of Ownership & Mal and Rory are on the drug of fired employees.

No lie there. But he handled it poorly and irrationally. I would have told them I needed to know something by Friday. Are they in or out? They had 6 weeks off. The show has to go on, with or without them. If they want to leave, leave. I would have addressed it much more calmly and civil. He looked nuts talking to a half empty couch and chair. Talking about ya'll fired. And again, don't drop an episode called "Shaking the Tree" if that energy from last episode, wasn't on this episode. Talking about he took a muscle relaxer before that episode. LOL! Poor leadership. I don't blame him one bit for defying an audit. They wild for that, again, if that's true.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
They hate Joe cause he fired Rosenberg wack ass and Marissa

This negro here you chose the side of the white man then say this :lol:

As much as I defend Mal?

when he actually horribly attempted to DEFEND Meek Mill when he spit that horrid Kobe Bryant & Gigi and other victims (RIP) bar...

I never could respect him after that.