Joe Budden podcast done? No Rory or Mal for 2nd straight episode

vahustler21757

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
What I don’t understand is how a lot of y’all are saying Joe was too harsh....This isn’t how he should have handled it????

I think given the disrespect of not only taking one hiatus but to not even show up or call despite your contractual obligations he was well within his rights to deliver his disgust however he saw fit. Point blank they didn’t show up to work, left him high and dry, and didn’t even have the decency to call the man or consider the business that they say they’re entitled to a piece of.

Also, I can appreciate how Joe explained the entire situation to the fans. He let it be known, he does not fuck with Rory, nor has he known him that long. He does fuck with Mal but was thrown off by his disloyalty by siding with Rory especially if they have history like that. The business is his, they’re employees, and they don’t have any say on how he chooses to run it. They could not handle that truth.

I can’t sit here and feel sorry for either one of them for not having their business affairs in order, especially this many years in. He gave them every opportunity to parlay his platform into whatever they’d like for themselves, they chose to do nothing until it was too late, and went about it the absolute wrong way.

Last point: Joe definitely took the high road on Rory saying he wanted to fight him. No way I put somebody in position like Joe did and they come at me with that type of energy.

Last edited:

John Million

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What I don’t understand is how a lot of y’all are saying Joe was too harsh....This isn’t how he should have handled it????

yeah I've seeing a lot of men on here talk about tone recently (the kevin samuels post, here).
can't remember ever hearing ppl talk about tone as much.

JB is the boss/owner, seemingly overpaid these guys, offered other them other opportunities which they seemingly didn't pursue and then caught a altitude when they tried to audit the boss. Where can you challenge the boss to fight and still keep your job?? Somebody tell me where Joe is wrong outside of "tone".

PDQ21

Rising Star
Platinum Member
yeah I've seeing a lot of men on here talk about tone recently (the kevin samuels post, here).
can't remember ever hearing ppl talk about tone as much.

JB is the boss/owner, seemingly overpaid these guys, offered other them other opportunities which they seemingly didn't pursue and then caught a altitude when they tried to audit the boss. Where can you challenge the boss to fight and still keep your job?? Somebody tell me where Joe is wrong outside of "tone".
Wrong by going on air with in house issues

They never spoke on the business outside of when they came back to the show

He wrong by going against everything he spoke on all those yrs of the show and doing the same shit

He's wrong for being a super hypocrite

Told them get lawyers and when they got lawyers he's offended

Don't expect ppl who didn't listen to the show to really understand because if i didn't id be feeling the same way yall feelin

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
6ohe75buuoy61.jpg

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

@ViCiouS

is THIS sh*t true​

This nig was leave it to beaver riding his bike to the studio.. hey guys I’m on my lunch break let’s chat for awhile... joe was like this nig riding a bike I can easily give him minimum wage to do the show and he’ll be happy with that

When worry ask for ownership.. joe was like nig I made you go from a pedal bike to 4 wheels and a rooftop you should be kissing my ass.. when mal sided with worry.. joe was like you left me for some white bike messenger I let you sleep at my house rent free.. put Rodman on the phone

rage

International
International Member
but see even THAT?

Its cool

when you file a grievous or pay dispute at any job that is what you doing.

I've done it

I wasn't FIRED,

it a was dispute about nighttime differential and salary commiserate with title change.

Asked the delegate to file a grievance (in their case a lawyer)

got an audit

I won got my money we all cool

t was a mistake a miscalculation a difference of opinion

grown folk sh*t.

Joe tried to do it at Spotify remember?

this is NOT uncommon business practice.

Is just all parties went about it the completely wrong way.

And as I was just made aware...

Rory and Mal are either dumb naive or just absurdly loyal

and thought paperwork aint "real" between friends

they were grossly mistaken.
Rory just had to let a lawyer look over whatever contract they had then act accordingly, I think what Joe was highlighting was that Rory and Mal didn't consult a legal team before looking into the terms of whatever legal papers he had them sign. It seems that Joe had certain things highlighted ie audits and other particulars within the contract.

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
they didnt want to know the specifics on their deals
they wanted to know the specifics of joes deal totally different.
they are not owners. thats like an employee from amazon wanting to go to bezos and be like nigga what are the specifics?

Yeah but who gonna have a conversation like that on a podcast?
they agreed to do it. they fucked up is what it is

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Rory just had to let a lawyer look over whatever contract they had then act accordingly, I think what Joe was highlighting was that Rory and Mal didn't consult a legal team before looking into the terms of whatever legal papers he had them sign. It seems that Joe had certain things highlighted ie audits and other particulars within the contract.
no- they understand their deal
they had seperate lawyers negotiate their contracts back then -
but
now they are sharing a lawyer who is trying dispute validity of the contracts

daking181

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Probably the only one that had a lawyer being hes actually heavy in the industry.

And not for nothing, Roy had to have a lawyer since he manages a group (Emotional Oranges) so for him not to know anything is on him.
Mal grew up in the music business (Rocafella) so he should have been lawyered up
Grown men need to to take care of grown man business.
For the people bashing Joe for airing out the business on the pod, its his show!
Aint no one stopping Roy or Mal from going on instagram live or going to the hottest podcast and explaining there side.

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What business owner would allow audits by their employees? I would have said no also

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Wrong by going on air with in house issues

They never spoke on the business outside of when they came back to the show

He wrong by going against everything he spoke on all those yrs of the show and doing the same shit

He's wrong for being a super hypocrite

Told them get lawyers and when they got lawyers he's offended

Don't expect ppl who didn't listen to the show to really understand because if i didn't id be feeling the same way yall feelin
They don’t own his business and never was a partnership. Why would Joe or anyone hand over financials to an employee?

They wanted a piece of ownership and Joe said no. That was end of discussion

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
they didnt want to know the specifics on their deals
they wanted to know the specifics of joes deal totally different.
they are not owners. thats like an employee from amazon wanting to go to bezos and be like nigga what are the specifics?
But clearly they were under the impression or led to believe otherwise.

Again, i have zero sympathy for ANY of them.. But its obvious these clowns were at some point told something different as it pertains to their stake in the podcast. I recall the clips you guys posted with Joe discussing the Spotify deal. He spoke in language that included them all as a group and those guys were agreeing and head nodding as he talked about them turning down the offer.

TheFuser

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Again, i have zero sympathy for ANY of them.. But its obvious these clowns were at some point told something different as it pertains to their stake in the podcast. I recall the clips you guys posted with Joe discussing the Spotify deal. He spoke in language that included them all as a group and those guys were agreeing and head nodding as he talked about them turning down the offer.

This is why I was so shocked. During the Spotify stance, Joe was talking like they were all partners. Rory and Mal were talking like they were all partners. So to now hear all this "employee" talk flies in the face of that. If they were just contracted employees, they shouldn't have gave nary a fuck where the pod landed if their check was gonna be the same.

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member

That's the funny part they didn't know shit.
The thing is Joe would give them a percentage of the deal just because. But they are not owners. I think they misunderstood that as we are also part owners.

It's like if I have a company and you helped me and we get a 100 mill deal. I am giving you a percentage of that. But that doesn't mean you are a owner. I know you understand that big bro. But a lot of people including Roerry and Mal don't.

Like you said the lawyers got greedy and prolly said something. But still fuccm.