Jermain Dupri was trying to make the same deal with NFL and Jay Z talked him out of it

crazycac50

Rising Star
Registered
I'm glad I stand on my own two

Follow my own conviction and don't look for these "celebrities" for answers.

I said fuck the NFL 3 seasons ago and havent watched a game or any merchandise since. I won't be supporting this slave ass league ever again, I'm just here to see how all this bullshit plays out.

Same thing for me. Funny enough I started watching real Football and its so much better than American version.

kidmegaii

Medium well
BGOL Investor

Muthafuckas need to watch this...but I'm sure the ones who need to won't

Honestly thanks for this, I think this guy iaddressed the major issue I have with this deal which Kaep and his silence.

Now the only issue is a Eric Reid, and if he has an issue it should be a cause of concern cuz he's been very vocal about what the fuck is going on unlike Kaepernick

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
o2cvnsg.png

unknownsoldier

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I understand contracts. Jay signed a 360 deal in 2008 and was complete in 2018. Jay has a new 10 year deal with Live nation for touring only. They will remain partners in Roc Nation.

All the fancy entertainment lingo in your reply still does not explain how live nation can force Jay into a deal he is opposed to at the command of the NFL.

So in essence yall are saying the NFL made Jay Z take the deal against his will via live nation. Ridiculous.

You really think LiveNation gave up less control? He works for LiveNation, he didn't take the deal against his will he acting as an employee doing what his bosses tell him to do.

Thegooch

Pope Gooch is currently brunching with the Devil.
Registered
So being Nino Brown giving out Turkeys is cool in 2019?

Shit is not a good look

And you’re a weirdo and a fanboy with a questionable moral compass.

Keep the pressure on complex neck

Y’all letting that nigga escape

He throwing haymakers and connecting.

Complex and Footloose be like did yall say Jay Z giving away Turkeys????

latest

......I sho nuff looooove me some Jay Z turkey.....

pookie-thanks.jpg

..clean ya self up kid then maybe I'll give you a job so you can buy 2 million dollar Picassos instead crack ya pipe sucker!!!

yhst-49055633677678_2272_398408187

trappstarr82

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You really think LiveNation gave up less control? He works for LiveNation, he didn't take the deal against his will he acting as an employee doing what his bosses tell him to do.
There is a difference between being an employee and being contractually obligated to satisfy mutually agreed upon terms. He is not an employee of Live Nation.

He doesn't have to render any service outside of the scope of the contract he signed.

If the contract that he signed had nothing about the NFL situation in it, then he is not obligated to oblige Live Nation.

Example: If you had a lawn care service and signed a contract to cut grass at an apartment complex, do you think they can make you wash the windows at the complex if it was not in the terms of agreement? No, because you are not an employee and that was not in the contract.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You are making it way more complicated than it is. We were talking about Jay being forced to do the NFL deal by live nation at the command of the NFL. That's nonsense.

If Jay didn't want to do the NFL deal then he wouldn't have and there is nothing live nation could do if that was not in their agreement. It's simple as that.
Yeah I mean I haven't really seen many details out there regarding the contract Jay signed but the moves he's made thus far doesn't really indicate that he's being "controlled" by LiveNation. Shit many all them niggas that hate him would've been exposed that shit if true. :lol:

Andeyhollawho

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So Jay got a deal with control and ownership. What was Jermaine offered? :dunno:

It seems to me that if JD wasn't offered EXACTLY what Jay just got then Jay was looking out for him. :dunno:

I know what they are offering me over here and I know they didn't give you that JD....don't fuck yourself bruh they shafting you!

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
There is a difference between being an employee and being contractually obligated to satisfy mutually agreed upon terms. He is not an employee of Live Nation.

He doesn't have to render any service outside of the scope of the contract he signed.

If the contract that he signed had nothing about the NFL situation in it, then he is not obligated to oblige Live Nation.

Example: If you had a lawn care service and signed a contract to cut grass at an apartment complex, do you think they can make you wash the windows at the complex if it was not in the terms of agreement? No, because you are not an employee and that was not in the contract.
with every post you demonstrate that you have never read an entertainment contract,
have no clue about how a subsidiary company functions within the majority ownership of a parent company

So why do you keep arguing when you are clueless about the details around Jays contract

worse than that you imagine its a single 360 contract not understanding it is really multiple contracts and operating agreements he is now working under -

The difference between being Shawn Carter vs being Wayne Carter

not understanding half of these fancy entertainment terms and function are why 99% of recording artists go broke

Imagine Kevin Feige not doing the bidding of Disney's board and still keeping his job....

Last edited:

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Yeah I mean I haven't really seen many details out there regarding the contract Jay signed but the moves he's made thus far doesn't really indicate that he's being "controlled" by LiveNation. Shit many all them niggas that hate him would've been exposed that shit if true. :lol:
then you really never paid attention....

how is an entertainer going to expose Jay -

when EVERY live entertainer across every genre except maybe opera NEEDs to go through Live Nation or AEG to book shows at 95% of venues nationwide
and sell tickets at 99% of venues?

Do not ignore Live Nations sister company Clear Channel / I Heart

ask yourself: What rapper or rnb artist or label exec that wants to do shows or promotions in North America is going to survive pissing off Live Nation?

trappstarr82

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
with every post you demonstrate that you have never read an entertainment contract,
have no clue about how a subsidiary company functions within the majority ownership of a parent company

So why do you keep arguing when you are clueless about the details around Jays contract

worse than that you imagine its a single 360 contract not understanding it is really multiple contracts and operating agreements he is now working under -

The difference between being Shawn Carter vs being Wayne Carter

not understanding half of these fancy entertainment terms and function are why 99% of recording artists go broke

Imagine Kevin Feige not doing the bidding of Disney's board and still keeping his job....
I realize you are some kind of entertainment expert/guru but you have yet to disprove what I said.

Let me simplify what I said to be clear. Live Nation CANNOT FORCE JAY Z to do deals with other company's he did not agree to originally. A CONTRACT IS A CONTRACT, no matter how smart you want to try and sound.

Unless the contract said "Live Nation can make Shawn Carter do whatever we want him to do" then what you are saying is hot nonsense covered in creamy entertainment jargon mumbo jumbo sauce.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I realize you are some kind of entertainment expert/guru but you have yet to disprove what I said.

Let me simplify what I said to be clear. Live Nation CANNOT FORCE JAY Z to do deals with other company's he did not agree to originally. A CONTRACT IS A CONTRACT, no matter how smart you want to try and sound.

Unless the contract said "Live Nation can make Shawn Carter do whatever we want him to do" then what you are saying is hot nonsense covered in creamy entertainment jargon mumbo jumbo sauce.
I've given you proof repeatedly-

simple break down

1. Live Nation is the legal owner / parent company of RocNation (subsidiary LLC)

Roc Nation

Private - Limited liability company
Industry Entertainment
Founded 2008; 11 years ago
Founder Jay-Z
Headquarters
New York City, New York City
Parent Live Nation Entertainment

2. Legally we know that Jay Z does not have a 50% or greater ownership steak in RocNation

how? why?

because legally - if Live Nation had minority or even parity ownership of Roc Nation, The company would be registered as an affiliate -
Explaining Affiliate, Associate And Subsidiary

As a subsidiary company Roc Nation and its management team has to do what ever business Live Nation's board dictates

You keep focusing on an JayZ contract (parameters of which only exists in your imagination) - instead of talking about or looking at RocNation

trappstarr82

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I've given you proof repeatedly-

simple break down

1. Live Nation is the legal owner / parent company of RocNation (subsidiary LLC)

Roc Nation

Private - Limited liability company
Industry Entertainment
Founded 2008; 11 years ago
Founder Jay-Z
Headquarters
New York City, New York City
Parent Live Nation Entertainment

2. Legally we know that Jay Z does not have a 50% or greater ownership steak in RocNation

how? why?

because legally - if Live Nation had minority or even parity ownership of Roc Nation, The company would be registered as an affiliate -
Explaining Affiliate, Associate And Subsidiary

As a subsidiary company Roc Nation and its management team has to do what ever business Live Nation's board dictates

You keep focusing on an JayZ contract (parameters of which only exists in your imagination) - instead of talking about or looking at RocNation

I dont disagree with the facts of who owns what. Though all of that may be true, he cannot be forced to do anything he doesn't want to do if it's not contractually binding.

You act as if though entertainment contracts do not operate like any other contract. Entertainment contract or any other contract is just that, a contract.

We can agree to disagree because you will never make me believe Jay Z has to do whatever Live Nation tells him to do just because they do business together.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
You act as if though entertainment contracts do not operate like any other contract. Entertainment contract or any other contract is just that, a contract.
"Shawn Carter" doesn't.... but Roc Nation does have to do what Live Nation says and to a lesser extent so does "JayZ"

What I've been trying to tell /show is that entertainment contracts are much much more onerous... than you can imagine.
The company investing in IP / content needs to own "everything" in every possible or imaginable way
"in this universe and any universe yet to be discovered" *

When entering a business partnership in entertainment without matching with your own capital -
In reality the price you pay to be trusted to "play" with the counter party's money... is that they legally bond everything that is "yours"

*quoted from an existing contract

POSTERBOY

Young OG
Platinum Member
No disrespect and i dont want to argue...but i WENT to 2 Jermaine Dupri/NFL concerts last year at the Super Bowl. I'm not understanding how he let someone talk him out of it just bc someone else (not named Jermaine Dupri) said it

I think that’s the part high as are missing, he wasn’t talked out of ANYTHING, the nigga did the deal (he took a lot of shit for it, but he did it) :dunno:

I don’t even know what the point of bringing this up was, we all know ownership wasn’t apart of his deal and (like I said) son did his deal with them anyway