Jermain Dupri was trying to make the same deal with NFL and Jay Z talked him out of it

Andeyhollawho

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Once again people don't understand music politics. Flex and Brian Cox were not lying. So Hov did not tell his man not to deal with the NFL but he did ask Big Boy and Travis Scott not to? If you listen closely he says I told them I talked to Hov but did not say what we talked about. Lies. Nigga had to clean it up because he knows the machine that Hov deals with. Brian Cox is with this dude everyday and I personally heard a different story directly from JD. Hov obviously reached out and told him to stand down and clean it up. JD also has a tendency to not tell the truth a lot, like the story he told about him quitting the Board when he was dating Janet. That is not the way that story went. They got his ass outta there and his career has been going downhill ever since, because he tried to stand up for his lady against the machine. Nigga lost his lady and his deal because of that move, and presently does not have a major music deal. JD bread ain't up and Hov got the bag. Go against the machine, you can't eat. Live Nation is the MOB right now.

Wait...so this nigga said out of his mouth...but we should take your...because you know...I mean you would know better than the nigga himself because...well you know! :lol:

The fuck out of here bruh! So he stood up against the machine and lost with the Grammy thing. Lost Janet. His career is on the decline. He doesn't have a major deal. AND NOW he says oh shit let me play ball before they REALLY fuck me up! :lol:

Did you even read this shit you typed?

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
Wait...so this nigga said out of his mouth...but we should take your...because you know...I mean you would know better than the nigga himself because...well you know! :lol:

The fuck out of here bruh! So he stood up against the machine and lost with the Grammy thing. Lost Janet. His career is on the decline. He doesn't have a major deal. AND NOW he says oh shit let me play ball before they REALLY fuck me up! :lol:

You said everything I was gonna say. Dudes just love igniting rumors.

thismybgolname

Rising Star
OG Investor
Once again people don't understand music politics. Flex and Brian Cox were not lying. So Hov did not tell his man not to deal with the NFL but he did ask Big Boy and Travis Scott not to? If you listen closely he says I told them I talked to Hov but did not say what we talked about. Lies. Nigga had to clean it up because he knows the machine that Hov deals with. Brian Cox is with this dude everyday and I personally heard a different story directly from JD. Hov obviously reached out and told him to stand down and clean it up. JD also has a tendency to not tell the truth a lot, like the story he told about him quitting the Board when he was dating Janet. That is not the way that story went. They got his ass outta there and his career has been going downhill ever since, because he tried to stand up for his lady against the machine. Nigga lost his lady and his deal because of that move, and presently does not have a major music deal. JD bread ain't up and Hov got the bag. Go against the machine, you can't eat. Live Nation is the MOB right now.

So you saying you're right and JD, who this is about is lying?

Is JD broke and afraid of the power of Jay-Z too?

thismybgolname

Rising Star
OG Investor

:roflmao2:

trappstarr82

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If you know him he really needs a publicist. Nigga says some of the dumbest shit ever, then has to try to clean it up. The fact that Brian Cox was up there with him lets me know what it is. Call came quick.
Lol you guys are extreme Jay haters. JD said himself he didnt say shit, Cox said he didnt mean it like that and it was taken out of context but you still have evidence that they are lying?

I've seen hate for Jay but never at this level.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Yep. Even got the people believing Hov is a billionaire and can purchase an NFL team. I ask people all the time, if Michael Jackson when he was alive, Dr. Dre who sold more records and headphones at 300 dollars a pop, or Diddy who sold more records and continues to sell Ciroc, ain't billionaires, how is Jay Z? What has he sold to make that kinda money?
for the same reasons Drake bought a $200 million jet this year for his exclusive use...

He doesn't have a major deal. AND NOW he says oh shit let me play ball before they REALLY fuck me up! :lol:
JD still does shows and he could not get the gig that he had for this years Bowl Week w/o Live Nation's help
source.gif

Is JD broke and afraid of the power of Jay-Z too?
not Jay ... Live Nation

Bullet

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Yeah JD went on V-103 and called Bull Shit on that rumor. I don't get why Kap can't do it his way and Jay do his own way. Jay has been a far more prolific advocate to many black causes. Kap's business model is now tied to activism. Everything going on at least publicly is tied to the Nike deal and his settlement. So I get why he would be like hold up...this my thing. Jay fumbled the ball in the news conference but I'll give him the benefit of a doubt based on his history.

Gully

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
for the same reasons Drake bought a $200 million jet this year for his exclusive use...

JD still does shows and he could not get the gig that he had for this years Bowl Week w/o Live Nation's help
source.gif

not Jay ... Live Nation
Niggas keep saying Jay Z and Leaving out Live Nation. In every post I continue to tell them Live Nation is behind this. Shit ain't about Jay Z.

Gully

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Lol you guys are extreme Jay haters. JD said himself he didnt say shit, Cox said he didnt mean it like that and it was taken out of context but you still have evidence that they are lying?

I've seen hate for Jay but never at this level.
Actually Love Hov. My favorite rapper behind Pac. Have everything he has put out, know him personally, and was literally in the studio in Jd's house off Old Nat across from Holyfield's house when Money Ain't a Thang was made. Saw the nigga one take that shit, without writing shit down, and had never seen anything like that before in life. BGOL used to be a place where a bunch of cats in the music industry behind the scenes used to post info to help each other out and give inside details on situations back in the day. Guess most of them niggas is gone. A nigga has no reason to hate just trying to educate and give knowledge to the deaf dumb and blind to not believe everything you see and hear. They told me that my man Shakir Stewart, who I went to college with, and use to bring to studio's when he was trying to get in the game committed suicide for no reason after working his ass off, getting beat up by Puff and his people,and becoming one of the top executives in the game. Guess I should believe that to.

Last edited:

Gully

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I stand corrected. He's still a bitchass with no credibility & always clout chasing
So Brian Cox because he was drinking and Funk Master Flex after specifically saying he got off the phone with JD, just made up a story for clout hating on Jay Z. Makes sense. I guess he never reached out to Big Boy and Travis Scott and tried to convince them not to perform for the Superbowl either. Guess they caught all that flack for no reason.

trappstarr82

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So Brian Cox because he was drinking and Funk Master Flex after specifically saying he got off the phone with JD, just made up a story for clout hating on Jay Z. Makes sense. I guess he never reached out to Big Boy and Travis Scott and tried to convince them not to perform for the Superbowl either. Guess they caught all that flack for no reason.
Just like Flex had the response record from Meek going at Drake. Yea Flex don't lie.

gutsdabeast

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Can anybody who believe JD is lying post proof stronger than JD on video saying Jay-Z never talked him out of deal with the nfl?

Otherwise we're supposed to take the word of an internet name over the person the story & title of the thread is about.

I don't understand what more he was supposed to say. Was a lie detector test supposed to be taken to convince those calling him a liar?

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Can anybody who believe JD is lying post proof stronger than JD on video saying Jay-Z never talked him out of deal with the nfl?

Otherwise we're supposed to take the word of an internet name over the person the story & title of the thread is about.

I don't understand what more he was supposed to say. Was a lie detector test supposed to be taken to convince those calling him a liar?
JD and Flex have a long history of being liars... but on this topic ? :lol:

In this thread and others I keep pointing to how these people make their money / get paid
Flex doesn't work for I Heart / Clear Channel and doesn't really get work on tours or in Live Nation venues (unlike Cipha Sounds and his other associates)- maybe they offer Flex a bone to make him shut up

Almost every industry person jumping to defend Jay has their pockets directly connected to Live Nation or Clear Channel

Sell the fantasy
Its the same way the Breakfast Club and most in the industry really knew who 21 Savage father was and where he came from for years

gutsdabeast

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
JD and Flex have a long history of being liars... but on this topic ? :lol:

In this thread and others I keep pointing to how these people make their money / get paid
Flex doesn't work for I Heart / Clear Channel and doesn't really get work on tours or in Live Nation venues (unlike Cipha Sounds and his other associates)- maybe they offer Flex a bone to make him shut up

Almost every industry person jumping to defend Jay has their pockets directly connected to Live Nation or Clear Channel

Sell the fantasy
Its the same way the Breakfast Club and most in the industry really knew who 21 Savage father was and where he came from for years

So conspiracy theory? Got it.

gutsdabeast

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
r i f

you asked for an opinion / theory o_O

but I don't know if Flex or JD is lying

so instead - every sentence in my reply is a provable fact...

Everything you said may be fact, however I asked for proof stronger than JD on video stating he didn't have an nfl offer.

So that would entail either the nfl co-signing that he had a deal on the table & rejected it or a physical contract between the 2 parties.

Maybe if Jay-Z came out & said he told JD to not do a deal with the nfl. Everything else is speculation & conjecture.

Everyone defending Jay-Z may have dealings with Live Nation (they own ticketmaster) but that doesn't prove that JD is being coerced.

JD & Flex may have a history of lying, but that doesn't prove they are lying about this. The proof is for Flex to show JD is lying.

Taking someone's word that they have insider information on BGOL is a joke. We have doctors, lawyers, celebrities & bitcoin millionaires.

Hard to take the credibility of those on here as fact over the person the thread is about disputing the claims.

trappstarr82

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Everything you said may be fact, however I asked for proof stronger than JD on video stating he didn't have an nfl offer.

So that would entail either the nfl co-signing that he had a deal on the table & rejected it or a physical contract between the 2 parties.

Maybe if Jay-Z came out & said he told JD to not do a deal with the nfl. Everything else is speculation & conjecture.

Everyone defending Jay-Z may have dealings with Live Nation (they own ticketmaster) but that doesn't prove that JD is being coerced.

JD & Flex may have a history of lying, but that doesn't prove they are lying about this. The proof is for Flex to show JD is lying.

Taking someone's word that they have insider information on BGOL is a joke. We have doctors, lawyers, celebrities & bitcoin millionaires.

Hard to take the credibility of those on here as fact over the person the thread is about disputing the claims.
:itsawrap:Exactly

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
Well... this matter took a sharp U-turn.

Although I still feel even with JD proving otherwise and clearing the air, folks are still gonna hate because it fits their narrative.

thismybgolname

Rising Star
OG Investor
Thursday night’s meaningless Dolphins game was followed by a meaningful exchange between reporters and coach Brian Flores.

For the first time since Flores reacted to receiver Kenny Stills‘ criticism of Jay-Z’s deal with the NFL by playing eight straight Jay-Z songs at practice, Flores faced the media. And he explained that, as some have speculated, the goal was to see how Stills would respond.

“So after the playlist was done, what you guys don’t know is I walked up to Kenny in front of the entire group and said, this is a challenge to you to get open, catch the football and make plays for this team regardless of what’s going on outside of this building,” Flores said. “The next day — because there was a lot more attention paid to this than I ever would have imagined — I got up in front of the team and I told them that I support Kenny. I support Kenny. I support the player protests. I mean, quite honestly, they’re bringing attention to my story.”

Flores then summarized his own story.

“I’m the son of immigrants,” Flores said. “I’m black. I grew up poor. I grew up in New York during the stop-and-frisk era, so I’ve been stopped because I fit a description before. So everything that these guys protest, I’ve lived it. I’ve experienced it. So, yeah, I applaud those guys who protest. So whether it’s [Colin] Kaepernick or Eric Reid or Kenny, I applaud those guys. I told Kenny that in our meeting, in front of the entire team. So that’s where I stand on this thing, and I think it got — it got way more press than it needed to.”

So Flores understandably will make no apologies for how he handled the situation with Stills, who was upset with Jay-Z’s decision to do business with the NFL at a time when the NFL still refuses to do business with Colin Kaepernick.

“I’m trying to challenge one of my players, and I’m going to do that how I see fit,” Flores said. “Look, what these guys protest about is important. I lived it. I experienced it. I don’t know how many people have, but I lived it. So I understand why guys protest, and it’s important. But you know what else is important to me? That guys perform. There’s 89 guys in that locker room who are counting on Kenny to get open, catch the football, and perform for this team, and that’s important to me. If anybody’s got a problem with that, then we’ve just got a problem. We’re going to agree to disagree. I feel like that’s important, and that’s where I stand on this thing. Whatever scrutiny or media or whatever I get, then that’s what I get. I believe, and that’s it. Look, the player protest, I lived it. I mean, I don’t know how many people in here have, but I lived it. So that’s where I’m at on that. It was a challenge to Kenny to perform regardless of whatever’s going on outside. I would say — and I’ve said this to him — he hasn’t performed to that level over the course of this training camp as I’ve seen him. So that was a challenge.”

That last part is intriguing, but Flores wasn’t asked to elaborate. He’s either saying that the challenge resulted in Stills performing at a higher level than he has all camp, or Flores is saying that Still has not performed at a high enough level throughout camp. Which, if that’s the case, is a little ominous only nine days from roster cuts.

Regardless, the comments from Flores were strong and passionate, but it’s surprising that he didn’t think it would spark a media reaction for him to do something that, without the benefit of an explanation in advance, would cause people to think he was sticking it to Stills. Even if the purpose of the playlist was to challenge Stills, it seems unusual to single him out from among 90 for a musical selection that surely lasted well over 30 minutes.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member

“I’m the son of immigrants,” Flores said. “I’m black. I grew up poor. I grew up in New York during the stop-and-frisk era, so I’ve been stopped because I fit a description before. So everything that these guys protest, I’ve lived it. I’ve experienced it. So, yeah, I applaud those guys who protest. So whether it’s [Colin] Kaepernick or Eric Reid or Kenny, I applaud those guys. I told Kenny that in our meeting, in front of the entire team. So that’s where I stand on this thing, and I think it got — it got way more press than it needed to.”
The NWA lyric "Black police showing out for the white cop.." comes to mind when reading this horseshit rationale by Flores on the matter. Hes carrying his owners water and playing overseer to the rebellious buck.

Very disappointing shit.

Soul On Ice

Democrat 1st!
Certified Pussy Poster
Thursday night’s meaningless Dolphins game was followed by a meaningful exchange between reporters and coach Brian Flores.

For the first time since Flores reacted to receiver Kenny Stills‘ criticism of Jay-Z’s deal with the NFL by playing eight straight Jay-Z songs at practice, Flores faced the media. And he explained that, as some have speculated, the goal was to see how Stills would respond.

“So after the playlist was done, what you guys don’t know is I walked up to Kenny in front of the entire group and said, this is a challenge to you to get open, catch the football and make plays for this team regardless of what’s going on outside of this building,” Flores said. “The next day — because there was a lot more attention paid to this than I ever would have imagined — I got up in front of the team and I told them that I support Kenny. I support Kenny. I support the player protests. I mean, quite honestly, they’re bringing attention to my story.”

So Flores understandably will make no apologies for how he handled the situation with Stills, who was upset with Jay-Z’s decision to do business with the NFL at a time when the NFL still refuses to do business with Colin Kaepernick.

“I’m trying to challenge one of my players, and I’m going to do that how I see fit,” Flores said. “Look, what these guys protest about is important. I lived it. I experienced it. I don’t know how many people have, but I lived it. So I understand why guys protest, and it’s important. But you know what else is important to me? That guys perform. There’s 89 guys in that locker room who are counting on Kenny to get open, catch the football, and perform for this team, and that’s important to me. If anybody’s got a problem with that, then we’ve just got a problem. We’re going to agree to disagree. I feel like that’s important, and that’s where I stand on this thing. Whatever scrutiny or media or whatever I get, then that’s what I get. I believe, and that’s it. Look, the player protest, I lived it. I mean, I don’t know how many people in here have, but I lived it. So that’s where I’m at on that. It was a challenge to Kenny to perform regardless of whatever’s going on outside. I would say — and I’ve said this to him — he hasn’t performed to that level over the course of this training camp as I’ve seen him. So that was a challenge.”

That last part is intriguing, but Flores wasn’t asked to elaborate. He’s either saying that the challenge resulted in Stills performing at a higher level than he has all camp, or Flores is saying that Still has not performed at a high enough level throughout camp. Which, if that’s the case, is a little ominous only nine days from roster cuts.

Regardless, the comments from Flores were strong and passionate, but it’s surprising that he didn’t think it would spark a media reaction for him to do something that, without the benefit of an explanation in advance, would cause people to think he was sticking it to Stills. Even if the purpose of the playlist was to challenge Stills, it seems unusual to single him out from among 90 for a musical selection that surely lasted well over 30 minutes.
:hmm:
Nigga splaining

KunningLinguist

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If the energy put into this NFL thing was somehow bottled and used for something worthwhile....what could be accomplished?