Jermain Dupri was trying to make the same deal with NFL and Jay Z talked him out of it

Ceenote

Thinkn with My 3rd Eye!
Platinum Member
I'm glad I stand on my own two

Follow my own conviction and don't look for these "celebrities" for answers.

I said fuck the NFL 3 seasons ago and havent watched a game or any merchandise since. I won't be supporting this slave ass league ever again, I'm just here to see how all this bullshit plays out.

I dnt watch it either but i do watch the super bowl.. almost by force by the wifey... i can care less about it.. last 3 years i have been trying to go to the movies in that day... this season im gonna succeed...

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
Wouldn't it be ironic if part of this dude's plan was to sign Kaepernick back into the league, but Kaepernick's girlfriend and his boy, Eric Reid, fucked up the whole shit by trashing Jay?
or he could have called them and told them the plan:dunno:

Ill Paragraph

Lord of the Perfect Black
BGOL Investor
Sell out?

What protest are you leading homeboy?

Please hit me with all this shit you're doing for black people away from your keyboard.

Not that it’s germane to the argument but I’ve got over 25 years of experience tutoring black children. During that time I managed to not sell drugs to any of them (unlike the cat you’re in here caping for).

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Not that it’s germane to the argument but I’ve got over 25 years of experience tutoring black children. During that time I managed to not sell drugs to any of them (unlike the cat you’re in here caping for).

So Jay-Z is selling drugs to them in 2019?

You're sending black kids to college? Promoting HBCU's also?

Sending lawyers to defend black people?

Bailing out fathers and people in Baltimore?

And numerous other shit.

But yes, your tutoring is above that....

You muthafuckas expect more of celebs than you do your damn selves.

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator

And numerous other shit.

So being Nino Brown giving out Turkeys is cool in 2019?

Shit is not a good look

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor

And numerous other shit.

To be fair, you didn't ask if he was doing as much as Jay, you only asked if he was doing anything.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
To be fair, you didn't ask if he was doing as much as Jay, you only asked if he was doing anything.

I didn't ask if he was doing "anything"

People don't do shit or do one thing...and think they're doing something

but sit back and expect celebs to be MLK and Malcolm X. Because a celeb became famous and got money, they owe us what?

And the time they do something we don't like they're a sell out or a coon

Meanwhile you're doing all of what....

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member
Wouldn't it be ironic if part of this dude's plan was to sign Kaepernick back into the league, but Kaepernick's girlfriend and his boy, Eric Reid, fucked up the whole shit by trashing Jay?

giphy.gif

"Let's run with that"

Niggas won't let shit play out at all... Same niggas complaining wouldn't have been in the stadium if Hov and Kap started their own football league though... Same niggas complaining went to all of 0 of the Big 3 games this summer.... Let this shit play out. Bailing out the Ferguson protestors, the trayvon martin and kalief browder documentaries, starting a reform with meek mill, having tidal paying artist the most on a per stream basis compared to the other top 5 companies.... I think he's earned the benefit of the doubt mane.... But I don't know why I'm surprised... They hated on Jesus
All true
Got jd wit da oke doke
hesi

donwuan

The Legend
BGOL Investor
He is not active as an agent. His company has agents but he is not one.

Same shit homie. He owns the company he can't buying into teams.

While Jay Z still owns a percentage of a percentage point on the Barclays Center, he is no longer allowed to own an NBA franchise due to his involvement in sports agency firm Roc Nation Sports. NBA rules dictate that you can’t be an agent and a team owner at the same time.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Niccas begging these white owners for a job for kap but got a problem with jay buying into a team possibly solving that problem.
Where’s the logic

I don't understand the logic at all

If Kaep got signed the NFL is cool again?

It was cool when Eric Reid went right back?

And I'm not judging shit, I still play fantasy an watch the NFL

Ill Paragraph

BGOL Investor

And numerous other shit.

Your arguments don’t make much sense here.

Jay-Z sold drugs to black people in his youth then spent the next 25 years bragging about it.
That’s the only reason we know his name. So now we should forget about Jay-Z the drug “kingpin” and cozy up to Jay-Z the philanthropist because he wants it that way?

And did I ever say I thought my tutoring was above any of the things that you listed? You asked me what I have contributed to black folks (which is completely immaterial in this discussion) and I told you.

And when did I say I expected more from celebrities? What I DO expect from PEOPLE - what we should all reasonably expect - is that they consistently show character. Jay-Z has a history of doing otherwise.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor

Jay-Z sold drugs to black people in his youth then spent the next 25 years bragging about it.
That’s the only reason we know his name. So now we should forget about Jay-Z the drug “kingpin” and cozy up to Jay-Z the philanthropist because he wants it that way?

And did I ever say I thought my tutoring was above any of the things that you listed? You asked me what I have contributed to black folks (which is completely immaterial in this discussion) and I told you.

And when did I say I expected more from celebrities? What I DO expect from PEOPLE - what we should all reasonably expect - is that they consistently show character. Jay-Z has a history of doing otherwise.

My arguments make plenty of sense...but you choose to ignore it, because it would require you to do self reflection instead of judging others

You're on your high horse about who Jay-Z is

So if Jay-Z is a drug dealer....which sounds very Tomi Laurenish...then why do you care and expect anything of him? What did he sell out? It's who he is, right?

And I surely hope you don't listen to any of these former drug dealers music or bought any of their albums...since being a drug dealer is so horrible

Meanwhile this drug dealer does a whole lot more than you for black people

Ill Paragraph

BGOL Investor
My arguments make plenty of sense...but you choose to ignore it, because it would require you to do self reflection instead of judging others

You're on your high horse about who Jay-Z is

So if Jay-Z is a drug dealer....which sounds very Tomi Laurenish...then why do you care and expect anything of him? What did he sell out? It's who he is, right?

And I surely hope you don't listen to any of these former drug dealers music or bought any of their albums...since being a drug dealer is so horrible

Meanwhile this drug dealer does a whole lot more than you for black people

You’re lashing out at people who have the audacity to call shit for what it is.

I didn’t randomly assign the label “drug dealer” to Jay-Z. That mf called himself a drug dealer for decades. I feel like you’re being intentionally obtuse about this.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
You’re lashing out at people who have the audacity to call shit for what it is.

I didn’t randomly assign the label “drug dealer” to Jay-Z. That mf called himself a drug dealer for decades. I feel like you’re being intentionally obtuse about this.

You just called a black man a sell out and are talking about his drug dealing 25 years ago and are talking about lashing out :confused:

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

All makes sense now. You’re a square. I can see why you have that perspective

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Got jd wit da oke doke
And you admit as much yet still swing from Jay Z nuts in every post. Interesting.
Yup a lot of fake outrage from dudes who be in every NFL thread on here discussing the game and who got traded:rolleyes:
Not sure you know what "fake outrage" is.
Sell out?

What protest are you leading homeboy?
Why does one need to lead a protest in order to call a spade a spade and note that what Jay Z did was of low character and questionable ethics? Do i need to be a veterinarian to know a snake when i see one slivering across my lawn?

Gully

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Jay played a lot of people. Luckily many of my Atlanta folks think on their own like Big Boi and Travis Scott. JD did the shit with the NFL because of the bread trust me. All I will say is stop believing every thing you read. The NFL did a deal with Live Nation thru Roc Nation for the diversity thing. They did not do a deal with Jay Z. Jay Z is just the face. You have to understand who really owns Roc Nation to fully understand the play. NFL is playing chess. Jay Z is not going to be a majority owner of an NFL team. Minority maybe but their are many black minority owners. Hell Warrick Dunn is a minority owner of the Falcons. Contrary to what you hear Puff has a lot more money than Hov, and the NFL did not even consider him when he made a play for the Carolina Panthers. This deal was made because LIVE NATION made it happen and they are using Hov to handle the black community. Hov has always been about the bread so props to him.

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
And you’re a weirdo and a fanboy with a questionable moral compass.
Don’t be so sensitive. I’m not saying it in a disrespectful way.
Squares are usually non rebellious to what society gives them.
People that are not squares usually go outside the box when they feel society isn’t fair in giving them enough.
So I see why you feel that way.
Sucka

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
And you admit as much yet still swing from Jay Z nuts in every post. Interesting.

Not sure you know what "fake outrage" is.

Why does one need to lead a protest in order to call a spade a spade and note that what Jay Z did was of low character and questionable ethics? Do i need to be a veterinarian to know a snake when i see one slivering across my lawn?
I must admit.
I like seeing y’all haters in y’all feelings :angry:

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I must admit.
I like seeing y’all haters in y’all feelings :angry:
I think we're just making commentary on an action and incident. No feelings required.

You however, are blindly defending a mans actions and an incident without consideration of the methods or means. Feelings required unless this is your job.

So you're either dick swinging because you like it (ie, feelings), or because you are being paid to (ie, whore).