Jermain Dupri was trying to make the same deal with NFL and Jay Z talked him out of it

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
Why is it that every other major NFL (or any league) deal or partnership had a formal announcement?
Execs wearing suits, podiums, full press presence

But for RocNation its select journalists and the only video of the announcment and followup q&a is from NFL films....
19-roger-goodell.w700.h700.jpg

zq7fhy4y6w0zd2sxgwha.jpg
960x0.jpg

vs

nfl-jay-z-partnership-reaction

Come on man we have moved past that, its time to get into actionable items.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
then you really never paid attention....

how is an entertainer going to expose Jay -

when EVERY live entertainer across every genre except maybe opera NEEDs to go through Live Nation or AEG to book shows at 95% of venues nationwide
and sell tickets at 99% of venues?

Do not ignore Live Nations sister company Clear Channel / I Heart

ask yourself: What rapper or rnb artist or label exec that wants to do shows or promotions in North America is going to survive pissing off Live Nation?
Well you’re assuming Jay pissed them off to begin with. If he didn’t want to do something such as this deal with the NFL it would’ve pissed them off? They could just get the next nigga in line to do it.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I think that’s the part high as are missing, he wasn’t talked out of ANYTHING, the nigga did the deal (he took a lot of shit for it, but he did it) :dunno:

I don’t even know what the point of bringing this up was, we all know ownership wasn’t apart of his deal and (like I said) son did his deal with them anyway
Hold on JD did it?

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Well you’re assuming Jay pissed them off to begin with
:confused:
I never made that assumption - I think you should reread my last reply
If he didn’t want to do something such as this deal with the NFL it would’ve pissed them off? They could just get the next nigga in line to do it.
dude - the only context for "pissing off Live Nation" is consequences for artists/ rivals thinking to "expose" Jay

why would Live Nation ever consider moving on to get the next in line after Jay when they OWN Roc Nation in the same way they own Ticketmaster?

The only way that plays out is a buyout of Live Nation's share in Roc Nation
or Jay gets forced out of Roc Nation

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I think that’s the part high as are missing, he wasn’t talked out of ANYTHING, the nigga did the deal (he took a lot of shit for it, but he did it) :dunno:

I don’t even know what the point of bringing this up was, we all know ownership wasn’t apart of his deal and (like I said) son did his deal with them anyway
End thread.

Supersav

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Live Nation owns Jay..he's a worker

:confused:
I never made that assumption - I think you should reread my last reply
dude - the only context for "pissing off Live Nation" is consequences for artists/ rivals thinking to "expose" Jay

why would Live Nation ever consider moving on to get the next in line after Jay when they OWN Roc Nation in the same way they own Ticketmaster?

The only way that plays out is a buyout of Live Nation's share in Roc Nation
or Jay gets forced out of Roc Nation

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
Irv Gotti: NFL made Jay-Z ‘look like a pawn’
By Tashara Jones

August 19, 2019 | 9:08pm

Enlarge Image
jay-z.jpg

Irv Gotti and Jay-ZGetty Images
MORE ON:
JAY-Z
Jay-Z ready 'to go into action' with NFL partnership

Jay-Z and Will Smith invest in new 'Airbnb of camping' app

Prankster sent pal to Jay-Z and Beyoncé's Hamptons mansion

Jay-Z reportedly pulls out of Woodstock 50 performance
Longtime Jay-Z associate Irv Gotti told Page Six that the rapper looks as if he’s being “used like a pawn” by the NFL.

The “Empire State of Mind” rapper shocked fans last week by making a deal with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell to join its “social justice campaign” — after backing Colin Kaepernick in his struggle with the league over his kneeling protests. And Gotti — who called Jay “my brother” and was reluctant to talk about the issue until we pushed him on it — said that it appears as if Goodell could be using Jay to rehabilitate the league’s image in wake of the Kaepernick debacle.

While he said that he hopes that the hip-hop idol is planning to improve the league from the inside, Gotti told Page Six, “To sit there and watch Jay talk [at their recent, widely publicized meeting] while Roger Goodell is sitting there quiet, it almost looks like the NFL manufactured and manipulated Jay to be the front and face of the bulls–t, knowing Jay is so powerful that he can make people forget about [Kaepernick and others] kneeling.”

Gotti called it “a brilliant move for the NFL” and added, “If it was a masterminded plan, then you just used Hov for a masterminded plan and made him look like a pawn in this whole f–king thing.” He added that he’s willing to see how it plays out before making a final judgment on it.

Gotti’s show, “Growing Up Hip Hop: New York,” premieres Aug. 29 on WE tv.

Gully

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
"Shawn Carter" doesn't.... but Roc Nation does have to do what Live Nation says and to a lesser extent so does "JayZ"

What I've been trying to tell /show is that entertainment contracts are much much more onerous... than you can imagine.
The company investing in IP / content needs to own "everything" in every possible or imaginable way
"in this universe and any universe yet to be discovered" *

When entering a business partnership in entertainment without matching with your own capital -
In reality the price you pay to be trusted to "play" with the counter party's money... is that they legally bond everything that is "yours"

*quoted from an existing contract
Man this is the problem with our people. It's obvious that you and me actually have worked or done business in the entertainment industry, and dude keeps arguing not understanding anything about a contract, parent company, subsidiary...... Live Nation can't make Jay Z do anything. :lol:Dude is probably so in debt to Live Nation he could not leave if he wanted to. In response to the JD thing, lets just say I know him very well. He was actually offered the same type deal in terms of being the lead on urban entertainment for a certain amount of years. He was contacted by Jay Z and told not to really deal with them like that. JD as well as Big Boy and Travis Scott went against the grain and performed because it was in Atlanta, but JD did not do the other deal because of a lot of industry backlash that he got from working with the NFL. Next thing you know Roc Nation does the deal. In my humble opinion the NFL went to Live Nation and set this deal up and Live Nation made the decision to use Roc Nation as the front for diversity purposes. They contacted Jay and told him what needed to be done, cut a check and here we are. It's pretty obvious to me based on how unprepared and how much rambling and dumb comments were made by Jay in that press conference. The call came from up top.

keone

International Member
Man this is the problem with our people. It's obvious that you and me actually have worked or done business in the entertainment industry, and dude keeps arguing not understanding anything about a contract, parent company, subsidiary...... Live Nation can't make Jay Z do anything. :lol:Dude is probably so in debt to Live Nation he could not leave if he wanted to. In response to the JD thing, lets just say I know him very well. He was actually offered the same type deal in terms of being the lead on urban entertainment for a certain amount of years. He was contacted by Jay Z and told not to really deal with them like that. JD as well as Big Boy and Travis Scott went against the grain and performed because it was in Atlanta, but JD did not do the other deal because of a lot of industry backlash that he got from working with the NFL. Next thing you know Roc Nation does the deal. In my humble opinion the NFL went to Live Nation and set this deal up and Live Nation made the decision to use Roc Nation as the front for diversity purposes. They contacted Jay and told him what needed to be done, cut a check and here we are. It's pretty obvious to me based on how unprepared and how much rambling and dumb comments were made by Jay in that press conference. The call came from up top.
i dont understand how people can understand that. yeah he did the show but not the other deal.
agree with your whole post tho

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

So wait. The other deal was worst than providing entertainment. What was it ?

Gully

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So wait. The other deal was worst than providing entertainment. What was it ?

He provided all the entertainment for the NFL Experience for the week of the Superbowl. The last night they had the whole Centennial Park so crowded they could not let anybody else in. He was the lead on all that.

unknownsoldier

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
There is a difference between being an employee and being contractually obligated to satisfy mutually agreed upon terms. He is not an employee of Live Nation.

He doesn't have to render any service outside of the scope of the contract he signed.

If the contract that he signed had nothing about the NFL situation in it, then he is not obligated to oblige Live Nation.

Example: If you had a lawn care service and signed a contract to cut grass at an apartment complex, do you think they can make you wash the windows at the complex if it was not in the terms of agreement? No, because you are not an employee and that was not in the contract.

:lol:

aight man.

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Jd says. He never called flex. Jay z never told him not to do it. He only got offered to do the Super Bowl event. He did it. And he thinks it’s a good idea what jay z is doing.
Delete thread or retitle

Any more info we need to stop attacking our own.?

Gully

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Once again people don't understand music politics. Flex and Brian Cox were not lying. So Hov did not tell his man not to deal with the NFL but he did ask Big Boy and Travis Scott not to? If you listen closely he says I told them I talked to Hov but did not say what we talked about. Lies. Nigga had to clean it up because he knows the machine that Hov deals with. Brian Cox is with this dude everyday and I personally heard a different story directly from JD. Hov obviously reached out and told him to stand down and clean it up. JD also has a tendency to not tell the truth a lot, like the story he told about him quitting the Board when he was dating Janet. That is not the way that story went. They got his ass outta there and his career has been going downhill ever since, because he tried to stand up for his lady against the machine. Nigga lost his lady and his deal because of that move, and presently does not have a major music deal. JD bread ain't up and Hov got the bag. Go against the machine, you can't eat. Live Nation is the MOB right now.

Last edited:

keone

International Member
Once again people don't understand music politics. Flex and Brian Cox were not lying. So Hov did not tell his man not to deal with the NFL but he did ask Big Boy and Travis Scott not to? If you listen closely he says I told them I talked to Hov but did not say what we talked about. Lies. Nigga had to clean it up because he knows the machine that Hov deals with. Brian Cox is with this dude everyday and I personally heard a different story directly from JD. Hov obviously reached out and told him to stand down and clean it up. JD also has a tendency to not tell the truth a lot like the story he told about him quitting the Board when he was dating Janet. That is not the way that story went. They got his ass outta there and his career has been going downhill ever since because he tried to stand up for his lady against the machine. Nigga lost his lady and his deal because of that move, and presently does not have a major music deal. JD bread ain't up and Hov got the bag. Go against the machine, you can't eat. Live Nation is the MOB right now.
I expected this to happen.
Why would bryan lie?

JD did the same thing recently with stripper rap thing. Say one thing then lie that he didn't meant it

Gully

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I expected this to happen.
Why would bryan lie?

JD did the same thing recently with stripper rap thing. Say one thing then lie that he didn't meant it

If you know him he really needs a publicist. Nigga says some of the dumbest shit ever, then has to try to clean it up. The fact that Brian Cox was up there with him lets me know what it is. Call came quick.

Gully

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
:lol2:- as he gets older Dame is becoming Starscream
:ssshhh:

20121201_EUP001_0.jpg

Yep. Even got the people believing Hov is a billionaire and can purchase an NFL team. I ask people all the time, if Michael Jackson when he was alive, Dr. Dre who sold more records and headphones at 300 dollars a pop, or Diddy who sold more records and continues to sell Ciroc, ain't billionaires, how is Jay Z? What has he sold to make that kinda money?