{~~~Guns, Guns and Mo' Guns - The Right To Keep And Bear Arms~~~}

ThaAnsa3

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I posted this in the other thread but thought I should share it here. A buddy of mine and I were talking about full metal jacket and hollow points. We are both prior service Army vets. We were laughing about how civilians and many vets get swept up in the FMJ versus HP hype. And how they are making so much money off of the hollow points because of it. Our conclusion and advice to all, do not get too caught up in the full metal jacket versus the hollow discussion. FMJ will penetrate and kill a person quite effectively.

Yes, the hollow point will make a larger hole in a person. However, in the military, for the most part, we didn't use hollow points. We used full metal jackets for training and real-world deployment.
This is great information!

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor
They have EZ loaders now... they seem to be pretty commonly included with any gun purchase in 2020. All the guns I've purchased this year came with one.
I bought 4 guns this year, and neither of them had that. I did order a magazine loader, so I should be good.

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor
I posted this in the other thread but thought I should share it here. A buddy of mine and I were talking about full metal jacket and hollow points. We are both prior service Army vets. We were laughing about how civilians and many vets get swept up in the FMJ versus HP hype. And how they are making so much money off of the hollow points because of it. Our conclusion and advice to all, do not get too caught up in the full metal jacket versus the hollow discussion. FMJ will penetrate and kill a person quite effectively.

Yes, the hollow point will make a larger hole in a person. However, in the military, for the most part, we didn't use hollow points. We used full metal jackets for training and real-world deployment.
Me and my wife are both former military. We do full metal jackets for the range and hollow points for the house. I am trying to put a hole in you, not my walls!

ThaAnsa3

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I bought 4 guns this year, and neither of them had that. I did order a magazine loader, so I should be good.
That's odd. I'm looking at picking up a Canik Elite and one comes with it as well. They are super convenient and I probably would never be able to load a mag to capacity without one now. Lol

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
I meant to place my order yesterday for three Xanik TP9SF Elite, but I held off. I wanted to do just a bit more research.
Nothing wrong with that. Do as much research as you can. If anything I'd suggest stopping by a gun store or range that has it in stock so you can try it out and determine if it's right for you

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor
That's odd. I'm looking at picking up a Canik Elite and one comes with it as well. They are super convenient and I probably would never be able to load a mag to capacity without one now. Lol
I bought 4 S&Ws and a 10mm assault rifle.

ThaAnsa3

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nothing wrong with that. Do as much research as you can. If anything I'd suggest stopping by a gun store or range that has it in stock so you can try it out and determine if it's right for you
I have not found a single store in my area that has one unfortunately.

ThaAnsa3

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Oh ok. I definitely think you'll be impressed with the quality for the price point especially the trigger
I think the main point of hesitation for me, and why I wanted to do more research, is the fact that I'm seeing more and more about how I'd be limited to 124g ammo because of the stove piping issues. Some say avoid 115g and go heavier, while others say avoid 147g and go lighter. The sweet spot seems to be 124g. My VP9 and my Walther take everything. And, though I'm refusing to shoot my XDs because I want to sell it for as much as i can get back for it, I know it would also eat anything. I don't like feeling like I'm being pigeonholed to one type of ammo.

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor
What 10mm assault rifle if you don't mind me asking? I might be interested in getting one too to go with my XDM. All I've been seeing in that caliber are Hi-Points
That's what I got. It was only 399 with a lifetime warranty, so I figured why not.

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
I think the main point of hesitation for me, and why I wanted to do more research, is the fact that I'm seeing more and more about how I'd be limited to 124g ammo because of the stove piping issues. Some say avoid 115g and go heavier, while others say avoid 147g and go lighter. The sweet spot seems to be 124g. My VP9 and my Walther take everything. And, though I'm refusing to shoot my XDs because I want to sell it for as much as i can get back for it, I know it would also eat anything. I don't like feeling like I'm being pigeonholed to one type of ammo.
Is your collection mostly 9mm outside of the 45 you're trying to sell?

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
That's what I got. It was only 399 with a lifetime warranty, so I figured why not.
Oh ok. How do you like it? I remember getting clowned for thinking bout a Hi-Point rifle when I was looking for my first firearm and I see similar clownage in some of the gun groups I'm in on FB

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor
Why you looking to get rid of the 45? I actually considered getting a 45 before deciding on the 10mm I got
I was mainly a 9 mm and .380 guy, because I didn't like the 1911 I was assigned in the army. I thought it was clunky and inaccurate. I bought a Smith & Wesson M&P .45, and I fucking love that gun!

ThaAnsa3

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Why you looking to get rid of the 45? I actually considered getting a 45 before deciding on the 10mm I got
After years of wanting a Springfield, about a decade, I finally took the plunge. I was excited the whole 5-day waiting period and everything! Then I brought her home and just felt the worst case of buyer's remorse probably ever in my whole life. Just looking at it repulses me. I know it's a great build, will eat any ammo and is very accurate. And while I can't boast that the trigger is anything close to my VP9 or PPQ, it really isn't bad (dry firing). I just find that it isn't for me. I'm refusing to shoot it. I will eventually get a different .45, as I love that caliber. At one point I was convinced it'd be the only caliber I'd own.

ThaAnsa3

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My Army buddy says 10mm is actually the way to go for personal defense, but it's not for the inexperienced. He said it takes a lot of practice to really use that caliber to its fullest potential.

Last edited:

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
My Army buddy says 10mm is actually the way to go for personal defense, but it's not for the inexperienced. He said it takes a lot of practice to really use that caliber to its fullest potential.
He ain't lying. I'm still new to shooting and the recoil on the 10mm ain't no game. I got it though cuz I was like if it can put down a bear, it'll definitely put down a klansman and any other fool who wanna act the fool. I go to the range is often as possible with it though so I'm not worried

ThaAnsa3

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He ain't lying. I'm still new to shooting and the recoil on the 10mm ain't no game. I got it though cuz I was like if it can put down a bear, it'll definitely put down a klansman and any other fool who wanna act the fool. I go to the range is often as possible with it though so I'm not worried
That's exactly what he told me, bro. He said the recoil is crazy, but any buster trying to start something will definitely fall if he takes a round or two of 10mm regardless of bullet placement.

ThaAnsa3

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man I went on there looking for the Ruger PC Carbine Chassis model and katts were on there starting the bidding off at higher than the damn MSRP and Buy Now prices for at least $200 higher than MSRP :smh:
That's the same thing I'm noticing for the CZ P10C. They're asking for $600+ for versions that aren't even optics ready! :hmm: Even the Canik Elite is going for over $500 when those could be had for $399 some places (though supply is low).

Last edited:

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
That's the same thing I'm noticing for the CZ P10C. They're asking for $600+ for versions that aren't even optics ready! :hmm: Even the Canik Elite ate going for over $500 when those could be had for $399 some places (though supply is low).
Man look at this shit here :smh:
117601005_10164214313305694_7446326060694967697_o.jpg