{~~~Guns, Guns and Mo' Guns - The Right To Keep And Bear Arms~~~}

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
Thank goodness I didn't pop the question yet and am subject to wifey screening on spending money cuz I just caved in to the gun addiction again and bought a Canik TP9SFX. I had no idea the trigger reset on it was so nice. I can't wait to go to the range with it :yes:

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
Also just finished my conceal carry class today and got my certificate. Immediately came home and applied for my CCH permit. Fingerprinting is backed up all the way til late July and after that could take as much as 90 days for my permit to be ready. Thank goodness I still have 2 pistol purchase permits that can hold me down til then

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
@DiGeneral do you have a Canik too? The store only had the one I copped and a desert colored one with a Vortex Viper red dot. I opted not to get the one with the red dot and shortly after I left, one of the ppl from my CCH class copped that other Canik. I liked the two-tone color scheme on mine and it's optic ready so I can always cop a red dot down the road if I want to.
106781394_3143168949092469_3658103245898035446_n.jpg

DiGeneral

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
@DiGeneral do you have a Canik too? The store only had the one I copped and a desert colored one with a Vortex Viper red dot. I opted not to get the one with the red dot and shortly after I left, one of the ppl from my CCH class copped that other Canik. I liked the two-tone color scheme on mine and it's optic ready so I can always cop a red dot down the road if I want to.

I have a TP9 (1st gen), I've been looking at the Sfx for a minute but, never copped. :dunno:
I like the Blackout model, I will probably get one if your review is decent.
Let me know your honest thoughts, once you shoot it? Thanks

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
I have a TP9 (1st gen), I've been looking at the Sfx for a minute but, never copped. :dunno:
I like the Blackout model, I will probably get one if your review is decent.
Let me know your honest thoughts, once you shoot it? Thanks
No doubt. If I'm not mistaken @bbuzzard has one. I remember asking earlier in the week if anyone had this specific model cuz it definitely caught my eye

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
It's amazing how much things they give you along with the pistol. When I got my Hellcat and Taurus, it was just on some here you go; gun and mags now go have some fun. Then when I got my VP9 I got a nice lil carrying case, speedloader and custom plates for adjusting the grip. This Canik came with all that plus a gatdamn holster and cleaning kit. I was like SHIT! they really wanted to make an impression

Mr.Mojo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Shit look heavy..

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
I posted this in the other thread but thought I should share it here. A buddy of mine and I were talking about full metal jacket and hollow points. We are both prior service Army vets. We were laughing about how civilians and many vets get swept up in the FMJ versus HP hype. And how they are making so much money off of the hollow points because of it. Our conclusion and advice to all, do not get too caught up in the full metal jacket versus the hollow discussion. FMJ will penetrate and kill a person quite effectively.

Yes, the hollow point will make a larger hole in a person. However, in the military, for the most part, we didn't use hollow points. We used full metal jackets for training and real-world deployment.

dHustla

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Y'all carrying the RMR guns? Or just shooting/home guns?

Back before the tragic boating accident I would just waist carry a 'throw away', no holster, no drawls.
If I had to use it & toss it, I didn't want no evidence that connected to me :dunno:

Last edited:

DiGeneral

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I posted this in the other thread but thought I should share it here. A buddy of mine and I were talking about full metal jacket and hollow points. We are both prior service Army vets. We were laughing about how civilians and many vets get swept up in the FMJ versus HP hype. And how they are making so much money off of the hollow points because of it. Our conclusion and advice to all, do not get too caught up in the full metal jacket versus the hollow discussion. FMJ will penetrate and kill a person quite effectively.

Yes, the hollow point will make a larger hole in a person. However, in the military, for the most part, we didn't use hollow points. We used full metal jackets for training and real-world deployment.

I hadn't thought about this, it makes sense. :yes:

dHustla

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Ball for cold weather when people wear layers.
HP for warm weather conspicuous cavity creation

A cop told me years ago... sometimes the hollows expand in the layers before penetration, especially with stuff like leather, or canvas coats (i.e. carhartt, dickies, etc) which would decrease the stopping power.

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
Y'all carrying the RMR guns? Or just shooting/home guns?

Back before the tragic boating accident I would just waist carry a 'throw away', no holster, no drawls.
If I had to use it & toss it, I didn't want no evidence that connected to me :dunno:
I got an OWB holster for my VP9 prior to copping the RMR & now the holster is pretty much useless cuz the gun can't fully seat in the holster without partially cocking back the slide. I might have to cut it to make space for the RMR

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
Took the Canik & VP9 to the range during my lunch break today. The Canik shoots very nicely and that trigger is beautiful. The VP9 still shot better though. The HK is gonna be hard to beat though I'm sure I'd be more accurate with the Canik if I added a red dot sight to it as well. Afterall this was only my 4th time shooting at the range overall
107082315_10164051898965694_3955873681466447883_n.jpg
106700936_10164051899030694_1048444549072607269_n.jpg
106914192_10164051899305694_4839985037961216057_n.jpg