{~~~Guns, Guns and Mo' Guns - The Right To Keep And Bear Arms~~~}

ThaAnsa3

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My Canik TP9SF Elite is confirmed delivered to my local store!!!:hellyea::dance:

However, too bad I can't bring her home until next Wednesday because of FL's mandatory waiting period. :hithead::fuckyousay:

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
117289946_2740566052892660_7461720811113415265_n.jpg

DiGeneral

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My Canik TP9SF Elite is confirmed delivered to my local store!!!:hellyea::dance:

However, too bad I can't bring her home until next Wednesday because of FL's mandatory waiting period. :hithead::fuckyousay:
You need to get your CCW. No wait with a CCW in FL, just 4473 submittal.

ThaAnsa3

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I just found an optics ready CZ P10S for $550. I'm thinking I'm going to take the plunge. That's the final handgun I had on my list... I've been busy searching for one that was optics ready. I don't think I'll beat $550.

What say you about that price, fam?

DiGeneral

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
There is still a three-day wait with a CCW. I'm scheduled to take the class in September.
That's a negative ghost rider. I have purchased many, many, many guns from mulitple FL LGS's with ZERO wait. The only wait, is the time it takes for the 4473 approval.

ThaAnsa3

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That's a negative ghost rider. I have purchased many, many, many guns from mulitple FL LGS's with ZERO wait. The only wait, is the time it takes for the 4473 approval.
Really? Then the folks at my local shop have lied to me. They told me 5 business days regular, 3 if you have a CC. Good thing I'll have mine soon. I thought I had the FL laws completely covered. I've got to do some more studying.

DiGeneral

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
There is still a three-day wait with a CCW. I'm scheduled to take the class in September.
Here's the statute, pay close attention to the bold text...

790.0655 Purchase and delivery of firearms; mandatory waiting period; exceptions; penalties.—
(1)(a) A mandatory waiting period is imposed between the purchase and delivery of a firearm. The mandatory waiting period is 3 days, excluding weekends and legal holidays, or expires upon the completion of the records checks required under s. 790.065, whichever occurs later. “Purchase” means the transfer of money or other valuable consideration to the retailer. “Retailer” means and includes a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, or licensed dealer engaged in the business of making firearm sales at retail or for distribution, or use, or consumption, or storage to be used or consumed in this state, as defined in s. 212.02(13).
(b) Records of firearm sales must be available for inspection by any law enforcement agency, as defined in s. 934.02, during normal business hours.
(2) The waiting period does not apply in the following circumstances:
(a) When a firearm is being purchased by a holder of a concealed weapons permit as defined in s. 790.06.
(b) To a trade-in of another firearm.
(c) To the purchase of a rifle or shotgun, upon a person’s successfully completing a minimum of a 16-hour hunter safety course and possessing a hunter safety certification card issued under s. 379.3581. A person who is exempt from the hunter safety course requirements under s. 379.3581 and holds a valid Florida hunting license is exempt from the mandatory waiting period under this section for the purchase of a rifle or shotgun.
(d) When a rifle or shotgun is being purchased by a law enforcement officer or correctional officer, as those terms are defined in s. 943.10(1), (2), (3), (6), (7), (8), or (9), or a servicemember as defined in s. 250.01.

ThaAnsa3

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Here's the statute, pay close attention to the bold text...

790.0655 Purchase and delivery of firearms; mandatory waiting period; exceptions; penalties.—
(1)(a) A mandatory waiting period is imposed between the purchase and delivery of a firearm. The mandatory waiting period is 3 days, excluding weekends and legal holidays, or expires upon the completion of the records checks required under s. 790.065, whichever occurs later. “Purchase” means the transfer of money or other valuable consideration to the retailer. “Retailer” means and includes a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, or licensed dealer engaged in the business of making firearm sales at retail or for distribution, or use, or consumption, or storage to be used or consumed in this state, as defined in s. 212.02(13).
(b) Records of firearm sales must be available for inspection by any law enforcement agency, as defined in s. 934.02, during normal business hours.
(2) The waiting period does not apply in the following circumstances:
(a) When a firearm is being purchased by a holder of a concealed weapons permit as defined in s. 790.06.
(b) To a trade-in of another firearm.
(c) To the purchase of a rifle or shotgun, upon a person’s successfully completing a minimum of a 16-hour hunter safety course and possessing a hunter safety certification card issued under s. 379.3581. A person who is exempt from the hunter safety course requirements under s. 379.3581 and holds a valid Florida hunting license is exempt from the mandatory waiting period under this section for the purchase of a rifle or shotgun.
(d) When a rifle or shotgun is being purchased by a law enforcement officer or correctional officer, as those terms are defined in s. 943.10(1), (2), (3), (6), (7), (8), or (9), or a servicemember as defined in s. 250.01.
Thank you for this!

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor
Thank you for this!
I had to wait 3 days, but my wife was able to bring hers home the day they got to the store. She doesn't have a CCL or anything like that, but she does have a top secret clearance, and I really don't know if that had anything to do with it. Her wait was literally about 25 to 30 minutes.

ThaAnsa3

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I had to wait 3 days, but my wife was able to bring hers home the day they got to the store. She doesn't have a CCL or anything like that, but she does have a top secret clearance, and I really don't know if that had anything to do with it. Her wait was literally about 25 to 30 minutes.
Does she work for the government?

Mrboogieallnight

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Anyone have any experience with the Fn 57 or the newish Ruger 57??? My lil arsonel is set. Everything I buy from now on will be a want and not a need. This is definitely a want. Don't judge me lol

ThaAnsa3

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Anyone have any experience with the Fn 57 or the newish Ruger 57??? My lil arsonel is set. Everything I buy from now on will be a want and not a need. This is definitely a want. Don't judge me lol
I don't have a direct answer to your question. Rather, I just wanted to echo your sentiment. I have completed with my handgun list and I have a shotty ready to go soon. The Canik and CZ were the final two. The Canik is in and I just paid for the CZ. Anything now will just be gravy, but I am going to put everything except ammo on pause now. I'm good.

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor
I don't have a direct answer to your question. Rather, I just wanted to echo your sentiment. I have completed with my handgun list and I have a shotty ready to go soon. The Canik and CZ were the final two. The Canik is in and I just paid for the CZ. Anything now will just be gravy, but I am going to put everything except ammo on pause now. I'm good.
Same here. Only looking for ammo. My quick loader should be here either today or tomorrow.