Fear The Walking Dead: All Seasons( Don't Post Spoilers)

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Mannnnnnnnnnnn they picked right up!
Love this shit but what happened to Madison?
Clearly that new group won but what happened to her she not with them?

Aww Skeet Skeet!

The antithesis of nonsense.
BGOL Investor
^^ Behind the scenes it was another case of an actor wanting off the show..

This. Had to be it. Still, shocking. Two episodes in and the junkie?!? The guy who blew the dam in the last season finale!?!?

I can't say I really like any of the characters on the show besides the old Spanish guy, but damn. He was the first character you saw in the first episode of the series, right? Running his ass off.

mrdiego2020

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
yea that episode had me fooled!i was thinking Madison was the one that died and bam someone snuffed me with from the left lol .that made me mad cause i liked that character more than anyone else.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I didn't see that coming. I mean man. This shit played like just a regular episode of call back since that's been the tone of the season and then BAM nope it's his ... what.. what..
Morgan going psycho now
Everybody is
Fuck that little girl please zombies catch her and eat her slowly please.

I JUST caught up....

I was SHOCKED...

but funny thing is I called it earlier

that guy has a VERY Johnny Depp vibe

you can SEE he is one of those method type actors

and wasn't going to be able to play the SAME character for like 6 years.

the minute he was shot

I knew he was going to die.

and that little girl?

She is a weevil...literally.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/l...ick-dies-frank-dillane-exit-interview-1106935

Fear the Walking Dead' Star Explains That Fatal Twist: "It Was Time to Move On"
ftwd_403_rf_1211_0398-rt-h_2018.jpg

Richard Foreman, Jr/AMC
Fear the Walking Dead, "Good Out Here."]

Frank Dillane is a long way from Texas.

Having been at the heart of Fear the Walking Dead from its very first scene, the British actor has since said goodbye both to the zombie apocalypse and to Nick Clark, the shaggy-haired recovering addict who regularly wandered into harm's way and always walked away with his life intact. Not so this time: in the third episode of the show's creatively retooled fourth season, Nick's flirtation with disaster took him right over the edge. While he achieved vengeance against an old enemy, Nick paid the ultimate price at the hands of an old friend: Charlie (Alexa Nisenson), a little girl that he and his family tried to protect from the horrors of the apocalypse, only to learn she was secretly in league with a particularly nasty group of survivors known as the Vultures.

READ MORE
'Fear the Walking Dead': The Story Behind That Shocking and Fatal Twist

After Nick killed Charlie's companion Ennis, Charlie returned the favor by launching a bullet directly into Nick's chest. In his final moments, Nick's loved ones were at hand to bid him farewell: sister Alicia (Alycia Debnam-Carey), girlfriend Luciana (Danay García) and fellow grifter Victor Strand (Colman Domingo). Also on hand: Morgan Jones (Lennie James), the Fear newcomer by way of The Walking Dead, who tried to impart some wisdom and peace upon Nick in the hours leading up to his death. Sadly, those lessons never took hold.

While Nick's death is still fresh on the minds of viewers and characters alike, Dillane has long since moved on. The morning after the shocking episode, Dillane was in Munich, Germany, speaking with The Hollywood Reporter about the reasons behind his departure, a twist he personally requested of showrunners Andrew Chambliss and Ian Goldberg. The interview was short and sweet; low on battery power, Dillane's cell phone was at risk of dying at any moment. It's appropriate, given the current state of the character: Nick is dead, yes, but due to the show's fluid relationship with time this season, fans have not yet seen the last of the character, very much alive in the flashback storyline.

"I haven't seen the episode yet," Dillane tells THR when asked if he's proud of how it came together, before adding with a laugh: "I'm never very proud of my performances, but I am very proud of achieving death!"

Read on for Dillane's thoughts on why he felt it was time to say goodbye to Nick and Fear the Walking Dead, his views on the challenges of television, and more.

ftwd_403_rf_1218_0718-rt-embed.jpg

Richard Foreman, Jr/AMC

Showrunners Andrew Chambliss and Ian Goldberg said it was your choice to leave the show. Is that true?

Absolutely, yes. I had been doing the show for three or four years now. There had been much chopping and changing. I was very close to Nick. I played him for a very long time. But it felt like it was time to move on and try different things, and play new characters. Television is a very difficult medium for an actor, because you have to work so much. I also get quite homesick; I miss Europe very much when I'm away. It felt like an end of an era, with Ian and Andrew coming in. They are great writers; really, really fantastic. And now that Lennie is crossing over into Fear the Walking Dead, it felt like the right time for me to move on.

What do you think Nick's death means in the greater context of his life? What makes this an appropriate end point for the character?

I think it's more appropriate for the show, perhaps. We had done the three seasons and had great success in season one. I thought season three was quite good, too. This season, moving into it, it felt like the show was changing again. I didn't really have anything left. I didn't have any new ideas for Nick. It just felt like it was time to move on. I wanted to start playing some new characters and do some more films. But I'm very sad to see Nick die.

READ MORE
'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 4 Puts Another Major Character in Danger

Was it difficult to leave the cast and crew behind?

It was very sad. The cast, I love them very much. They're very close friends. I hope that I'll see them again. I hope this isn't the end of our time together. The crew, we had been chopping and changing the crew so much. I won't get into names, but it was very sad to leave them and the show. But I can't think about it too much. At the end of the day, it's life. Onwards and upwards, you know?

The show is structured with two different time periods playing out. Nick dies in the present, but he's still alive in the past. Safe to say we haven't seen the last of you yet?

It sounds like it, right? They're jumping around a bit. You'll still see me in the past. You'll still see Nick around.

Was it difficult to keep track of Nick in the different periods of time?

As an actor, it's quite difficult to work within it. You don't always know where you are or where you've been. You can't answer those "actory" questions. But as I was reading the script, I found it quite interesting. It's sort of a different way of storytelling. I think it's quite incredible, what they're doing.

When you think back on Fear the Walking Dead, what are your fondest memories going to be? Do you have a "happy place," in terms of your time on the show?

Season one, I'd say. I'm very happy with season one, and very proud of it, with the character we created there. I was quite young then. It was my first big role. Playing a junkie was fascinating.

READ MORE
'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Kim Dickens: "Remain Worried" in Season 4

Judging by the online reaction, many viewers are very sad about Nick's death. What does it mean to you, knowing how much your work moved fans of the show?

It really warms the cockles of my heart. I'm always touched and very moved knowing that Nick resonated with people. I just hope that I've done that character justice, and that I did justice for anyone else who has struggled with addiction. I'm very humbled to hear that people responded so well to Nick.

What's next for you?

I don't know! I'm in Munich right now. I'm playing some music at the moment. I'm just going to take it slow. I'm going to have a summer of doing nothing, I think. We'll see what happens after that.

Would you ever return to TV?

Right now, I couldn't say. I don't know. I wouldn't want to say yes or no to anything just yet. I don't have any idea yet.

ftwd_403_rf_1211_0480-rt-embed.jpg

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikka...ing-fear-the-walking-dead-death/#5b9737854656

Credit: AMC
Frank Dillane as Nick Clark, Lennie James as Morgan Jones

Last night was quite possibly the most shocking episode of Fear The Walking Dead we've ever seen.

The only other episode that comes close was when Travis was shot in the helicopter in Season 2 and then tossed himself from the chopper to save Alicia.

In last night's episode, Nick kills one of the Vultures he encounters while shooting the breeze with Morgan. The Vulture, a man named Ennis, is the guardian of the young girl, Charlie, who we met last week. For various reasons Nick is so angry with him that he kills Ennis, despite Morgan's warnings that it won't turn out the way he expects.

It doesn't. As he sits looking at a blue bonnet, Charlie shoots him in the stomach. Nick falls to the dirt and dies as his sister and lover look on in horror.

It's shocking, heart-breaking and...incredibly disappointing.

Of course, it turns out that actor Frank Dillane wanted off the show.

"It actually goes back to season three, before Ian and I even came aboard," Fear The Walking Dead co-showrunner Andrew Chambliss told the Hollywood Reporter. "Frank Dillane had asked the producers and AMC if he could leave the show, because he wanted to pursue other opportunities. One of the first things we were tasked with when we came on to run season four was to really find a story that would give Nick a fitting sendoff. He's been with the show from day one, so it was very important to us and to Frank to find a death for him that was emotional and one that would ripple forward throughout the storytelling. "

That's a tough first task. Killing off a main character right away can't be an easy thing to do, especially when it's a character as popular and important as Nick. As much as any other character on this show, Nick was a central figure in the story of FTWD. He's not merely a Season 1 veteran, he's at the core of what this show is about. The show opens to Nick, in full junkie mode, fleeing a heroin den filled with walkers. It tracks his attempt to stay sane and sober throughout the apocalypse, and by Season 2 Dillane was at the center of almost all the promotional materials. Nick, draped in zombie skin and blood, became emblematic of the show.

Nick became a big part of the marketing for this show.

Now the show will fundamentally be a different beast without him. More than the departure of showrunner Dave Erickson, the departure of Frank Dillane/Nick Clark threatens to change the very nature of Fear.

Perhaps even more than that, I mourn the brief relationship between Nick and Morgan, just recently crossed over from The Walking Dead. There was so much potential in this relationship, which was snuffed out as soon as it blossomed. Morgan has been sorely misused in The Walking Dead for the past couple seasons. His relationships with Ben, Henry and Carol have been awkward and unbelievable. Lennie Jones and Frank Dillane had more chemistry in one episode than the rest of these combined.

I was really, really excited to see where this was going. Now...well, it's pretty crushing.

Credit; AMC
Nick in his usual digs.

In a lot of ways I'm just torn. On the one hand, I think FTWD handled this incredibly well. Unlike The Walking Dead, there was no silly cliffhanger. We didn't have to wait until next to see whether or not Nick was dead. No gimmicky 'send-off' episode will come next week. The death came in episode three rather than in a midseason finale or series finale. It was truly surprising and absolutely made me feel more than any death on The Walking Dead has in ages.

Just as important, this wasn't just a decision from the showrunners to kill off a character in order to boost ratings like Scott Gimple did with Carl Grimes (Chandler Riggs.)

This was Frank Dillane's decision and they honored it. They had no choice in the matter and they did the best they could.

Nick in Season 1.

On the other hand, I really do worry that the show will be worse without Nick. I'm not sure there's a way around that. Fear is having its own Downton Abbey moment and the question is whether or not they can recover. I honestly have a hard time picturing this show without Nick, though I'm heartened by the addition of John (Garret Dillahunt) Althea (Maggie Grace) and Morgan. And at least we still have Alicia (Alycia Debman-Carey) for now...

Despite being infuriating at times, Nick was still one of my favorite characters on this show---on both shows, actually. I'll miss him.

What about you? Can you imagine this show without Nick? Will you keep watching or is this the straw that breaks the camel's back? Let me know on Twitter or Facebook and thanks, as always, for reading.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
Damn. Just watched this shit. Cat had turned into one of my favorite characters. Don't fucking tell me they knocked madison off too. And who knows what that chick has on those tapes in the lock box.

Fear hasn't disappointed thus far.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
Damn. They tried to put me to sleep with this episode. Reminds me of a walking dead episode. An entire flashback bullshit ep. They been doing the flashbacks proper all the way up to this dumb fucking shit.

daking181

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
How many of y’all think Madison is dead. We haven’t seen Her at all since the group has gotten back together. And it seems the son was trying to get revenge (and dying in the process)

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
How many of y’all think Madison is dead. We haven’t seen Her at all since the group has gotten back together. And it seems the son was trying to get revenge (and dying in the process)
Yeah, they showed the landrover today with no Madison. That dumb bitch who had it tried to leave like 50 times and they kept trusting it. :smh:

And the way Morgan is written is just irking the fuck out of me. Beginning to be the most irritating character ever. How you going to give up the ambush?

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
Yeah, they showed the landrover today with no Madison. That dumb bitch who had it tried to leave like 50 times and they kept trusting it. :smh:

And the way Morgan is written is just irking the fuck out of me. Beginning to be the most irritating character ever. How you going to give up the ambush?

Has the show gotten better because I haven't seen it before then y went on break last season..

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
Has the show gotten better because I haven't seen it before then y went on break last season..

It started off hot, but seems like TWD is bleeding into it. They wasted an entire episode last week showing the cowboy and the chick. Just boring as fuck. Something Fear never did before. And Morgan is back on his dumb ass pacifist routine but it's double dose because of the cowboy.

I'm beginning to wish they didn't crossover if they were bringing clownass morgan here instead of badass Morgan.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
Morgan gets more irritating by the episode. They handling the flashbacks pretty good. I guess they learned about that saving people bullshit.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
I thought the son killed the guy before he died. But Madison killed him. I’m confused
They doing this flashback shit this season. Son did kill the guy, but it was after the stadium fell. We now see why he killed him.

It's fucked up they killed Madison off. She was really headed to be badass, but the new showrunners came in. Seems it's the same guy who fucked up TWD. :angry: It's almost like they want to turn Fear into the law and order of zombie shows. Just plug characters in at will.

daking181

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They doing this flashback shit this season. Son did kill the guy, but it was after the stadium fell. We now see why he killed him.

It's fucked up they killed Madison off. She was really headed to be badass, but the new showrunners came in. Seems it's the same guy who fucked up TWD. :angry: It's almost like they want to turn Fear into the law and order of zombie shows. Just plug characters in at will.
If they didn’t show her dying, who’s to say she is? She might be in contract negotiations or is like Morgan and is doing other projects

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
https://screenrant.com/fear-walking-dead-michael-greyeyes-kim-dickens-departure/

Michael-Greyeyes-as-Qaletaqa-Walker-in-Fear-the-Walking-Dead.jpg

Fear the Walking Dead: Former Star Saddened by Show's Current State
ADVERTISING

Former Fear the Walking Dead actor Michael Greyeyes has expressed sadness about the current state of the show, following the departure of Kim Dickens and other cast members. Dickens' character, Madison, was revealed to be dead in the midseason finale.

In season 3, Greyeyes played the role of Qaletaqa Walker, the leader of a Native American tribe at war with the Ottos. Though originally portrayed as a formidable adversary to Madison and her fellow survivors, Walker eventually became an ally to the group. Greyeyes shared many scenes with Dickens, as Walker and Madison developed a bond over the course of season 3. After deciding to leave, Walker briefly returned to help the Clark family fight Proctor John at the dam. The character hasn't been seen since.

Related: Fear the Walking Dead: Why Strand Has Been Missing In Recent Episodes

In response to a fan's question about his thoughts on Dickens' exit from the series, Greyeyes posted a message on Twitter explaining that he was "shocked" when he heard she had left the show, and goes on to talk about his disappointment over the other departures. Salazar (Ruben Blades) disappeared after the season 3 finale, but may still return at some point. Another major character to die in season 4 was Nick, played by Frank Dillane. Nick was killed off in the third episode of the season.

It's certainly true that Fear the Walking Dead has changed a lot since Greyeyes was last on the show. The deaths of Nick and Madison have left the show with only one series regular from season 1, Alycia Debnam-Carey, who plays Madison's daughter, Alicia. Colman Domingo's Strand was a recurring character in season 1 before joining the main cast. Danay Garcia joined the series in season 2 as Luciana but was absent for most of season 3. Alicia, Strand, and Luciana are the only returning characters in the back half of season 4. The rest of the cast is made up of new characters, along with Morgan (Lennie James), the crossover character from The Walking Dead.

ADVERTISING
It's understandable why Greyeyes now finds the show unrecognizable, considering that multiple episodes in season 4 haven't featured a single returning character. Much of the focus has shifted to Morgan, John (Garret Dillahunt), June (Jenna Elfman), and Althea (Maggie Grace). The core group of survivors was recently expanded by the addition of three new members.

While the show barely resembles its previous seasons, this isn't necessarily a criticism. Critics have responded well to the show's reinvention at the beginning of season 4. Many have praised Fear the Walking Dead's new direction and are excited to see where the series go from here.

Michael-Greyeyes-Fear-the-Walking-Dead-departure-tweet.jpg

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
Show is getting fucking dumb with this 'do the right thing' narrative. Could have killed the crazy bitch who just tried to kill them. How can't writers make villains work without the cast having to be retarded?

Damn.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So is this show good ...

I gave up on it when in the beginning someone said the rich bruh who had the boat..

Was a fag....??

Couldn't fuck wit it after that

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
So is this show good ...

I gave up on it when in the beginning someone said the rich bruh who had the boat..

Was a fag....??

Couldn't fuck wit it after that
It got good last season, cheap asses killed off everyone for no reason. Now characters on some hippie shit. If you watch walking dead, imagine everyone on some Morgan 'help people pacifist shit.'

Reason the show is so fucked up this season is they brought in someone else who wanted their mark on it. Same person who was working on TWD.

Yeah, Strand is gay, but he's not the problem with the show. Killing off Madison was the dumbest fucking shit.