Cigar Smokers A.K.A Cigar Aficionados - Ongoing

kirkout

DCPG
BGOL Investor
Earlier this evening ....
JYcMuCa.jpg
That’s a good chill first cigar of the day. It goes good with coffee. That Ecuadoran Connecticut wrapper really smoothes it out. Nice stick. I am partial to Fratello cigars because the dude that makes them is based out of the DMV. He can do no wrong when it comes to cigars.

DJ

BGOL Legend
Certified Pussy Poster
I am a single malt drinker. I would normally go to Makers 46 if I wanted to change it up. I first tried BH a few months back and I was instantly hooked. It's cheaper than any single malt I drink and very smooth. Perfect pairing to my Cuban Romeos.

I seen your AJ Fernandez pics, my boss leaves for Paris, Barcelona then Italy next month I got a half box of T. Habano on my list of things to bring back.

Yeah. Everybody loves Basil Hayden. I heard that’s a very good bourbon. My peoples drink BH. I don’t drink so I wouldn’t really know. I think I tasted a lit bit of this stuff. Just a little because I don’t drink alcohol but I love me some bourbon when I did drink alcohol. Now, I do cook with bourbon. The bbq sauce I make for my ribs and chicken I pour some Knob Creek bourbon in for flavor.

kirkout

DCPG
BGOL Investor
You guys should check out SweetLipsCigars from Houston. They also have a cigar lounge in the works.

https://instagram.com/sweetlipscigars?igshid=3xgwavghog3m
Good shit, man. It’s funny because 20 plus years ago when I started enjoying cigars there wasn’t a lot of us enjoying cigars. Especially my age group, I was early 20’s at the time. As I got older, maybe 36, is when I started enjoying cigars more frequently. The ex-wife didn’t like me to enjoy cigars. She hated them, so I got rid of her. Lol

Anyway, I think it’s great to see black people enjoying cigars now. Black folks is taking that industry over and being as though we are a social people our experience is more lively and friendly. We be doing it up! It’s even changing the way vendors and the cigar manufacturers do business. They’re starting to gear things more to us and to our liking.

I tell you...the racist looks I use to get when I would frequent brick & mortars use to be piss me off. Cacs was on that bullshit.

CORNBREAD

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
how's that v-cutter held up?

mine has a ways to go before it develops the nice well worn look of yours :cool:

It's still sharp...works like a charm...like I've used it for the very first time.Just recently went to a lounge ...and had the owner V cut my cigar..and it was a shallow cut...I whimpered each time I took a draw from My Father (La Promesa) thinking to myself this is bullshit ..so for now on...I used my Jawnt each and everytime I smoke.

kirkout

DCPG
BGOL Investor
Just enjoyed an Acid kuba kuba maduro on my new deck finally.

Despite what the glass says its paired with Aberlour a'bunadh scotch

3PCRB0M.jpg
Just enjoyed an Acid kuba kuba maduro on my new deck finally.

Despite what the glass says its paired with Aberlour a'bunadh scotch

3PCRB0M.jpg
Now Darth I don’t usually mess with the “infused cigars”. However, Drew Estates makes the Acid line and they’re true hand rolled cigars that just have that infusion process to add a sweet flavor to the cigar. There is a lot of good cigars and information posted in this thread so you don’t have to smoke infused cigars. Yuck!

Nah, I am messing with you. That Kuba Kuba is a good cigar. It’s not my forte, but I understand when folks enjoy those when they want to get a break from the monotony and what to try something different. Good shit and thanks for posting. Silver ashes, my friend.

Edit: And props on the new deck. It looks very peaceful and serene back there on your deck.

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
Now Darth I don’t usually mess with the “infused cigars”. However, Drew Estates makes the Acid line and they’re true hand rolled cigars that just have that infusion process to add a sweet flavor to the cigar. There is a lot of good cigars and information posted in this thread so you don’t have to smoke infused cigars. Yuck!

Nah, I am messing with you. That Kuba Kuba is a good cigar. It’s not my forte, but I understand when folks enjoy those when they want to get a break from the monotony and what to try something different. Good shit and thanks for posting. Silver ashes, my friend.

Edit: And props on the new deck. It looks very peaceful and serene back there on your deck.
I intended to anoint the new deck with a padron but weather has been so crappy I decided to save it for a better day.

kirkout

DCPG
BGOL Investor
Go to the 2:06 mark.

This Lighter insert is fiyah!!!

That’s pretty jazzy how he made the Zippo lighter into a butane soft flame and it also will do a single torch.
I don’t see how and why this dude preferred a Zippo gas flame to light his cigars when that type of flame will add a gas type flavor to the cigar. I like soft flame lighters too but I have a butane soft flame lighter so I don’t get those impurity’s on my cigar.
It’s good he cleaned that up by inserting that dual flame insert into the Zippo housing I may do this. I have always liked the Zippo lighters but wouldn’t buy them because they’re gas lighters. Good shit, Cornbread. Thank you for posting this it sparked an idea (pun-intended) that I could use. Respect. One.

kirkout

DCPG
BGOL Investor
I intended to anoint the new deck with a padron but weather has been so crappy I decided to save it for a better day.
No doubt, brotha. It’s still a good choice. Now if you would’ve been smoking one of those jazzy blues sweetened cigars I would’ve been clowning fo reels. Lol. Good shit. The deck looks nice. What you drinking on when you took this pic? I see you got something brown. Is that bourbon, my good man?

kirkout

DCPG
BGOL Investor
Thank you for posting this. Whoever made this app came up with a good idea and put it to action. A lot of people that are new to cigars will journal their cigars by taking a pic and writing down their thoughts so to have a repository and be able to read commentary from experts who have enjoyed the same cigar is outstanding.

kirkout

DCPG
BGOL Investor
I apologize for responding to all your postings but bruv you’re posting some fire shit! I use to love some Pinot Noir when I use to drink alcohol. Man! That’s some good shit. Especially when you’re enjoying it with a nice steak and then following it up with a great cigar, preferably a maduro wrapper, Nicaraguan Puro. Lawd! That Pinot even goes good with a heavy pasta dish that is made with butter and heavy cream with chicken and maybe some shrimp. That use to be my go to.

CORNBREAD

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I apologize for responding to all your postings but bruv you’re posting some fire shit! I use to love some Pinot Noir when I use to drink alcohol. Man! That’s some good shit. Especially when you’re enjoying it with a nice steak and then following it up with a great cigar, preferably a maduro wrapper, Nicaraguan Puro. Lawd! That Pinot even goes good with a heavy pasta dish that is made with butter and heavy cream with chicken and maybe some shrimp. That use to be my go to.

I dont mind the responses at all
..You now gave me an idea on what to eat with the Pinot..Thanks

Last edited:

kirkout

DCPG
BGOL Investor
where do you guys get your sticks from JR?
Depends for me. If I order online I go to Famous-smoke.com or cigarinternational.com/cigar.com. I heard Atlantic cigars and Mike cigars are good places to order from. I am sure the other gentlemen on the board can give better recommendations. I have been picking up my sticks recently at B&M (brick & mortar) spots. That essentially means I have been going to a cigar shop (building) in-person and picking up my cigars.

yasky777

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I love all acid cigars
Especially:
KUBAKUBA
Kuba Deluxe
Blondies

I prefer infused sweet flavors obviously,I don’t know how healthy they are. Supposedly INdiana is banning them due to the infusion/flavor has chemicals that are even worse than the cigar tobacco.