Cigar Smokers A.K.A Cigar Aficionados - Ongoing

Ejason5

Rising Star
Registered
I wanted to Start a Cigar Thread Im sure its a few Cats Who enjoy them..

Im farley new to the Cigar Scene maybe about 8 months in, but with all the Traveling I do Ive enjoyed a few Great cigars. Ive learned the difference between the Fake and Real cubans and the Quality of each stick and how there Rated..

*If you didnt know already you are allowed to Bring in up to 50 cuban cigars without any problems from US customs.

With that said what are some of your favorite smokes ? Where are the best deals to buy them in the states and in the Caribbean or Europe if you travel frequently ??

Ejason5

Rising Star
Registered
what a good cigar to buy
that i can find in the local cigar store

whats your budget bro ?? are you just starting out ?? cigars have different levels of strength. mild ,mild-medium , medium, full something like that.. The rule is Generally the Darker the cigar the stronger it is..

A great economy smoke is a Romeo and Juilet 1875 avg price 4.85 - 6.00 depending on where you live

ZuluSam

Rising Star
Platinum Member
you have to try them to see what your taste are

dark wrapper is stronger than lighter wrapper

i like arturo fuente, cohiba, rocky patel....trial and error

yaBoi

X-pert Professional
Platinum Member
every day smoke i like nub, rocky patel...

my favorite is padron 1964 anniversary series

best online place to buy IMO is Thompsoncigar.com

i only smoke cohiba if i can buy them over seas

punch >>> cut

:dance:

Ejason5

Rising Star
Registered
you have to try them to see what your taste are

dark wrapper is stronger than lighter wrapper

i like arturo fuente, cohiba, rocky patel....trial and error

Those rockys are Nice..

punch >>> cut

Ima definatly try that site out , Ive used groupon and living social for the samplers 10 premium cigars for about 40.00 monte, romeo , cohiba etc to name a few -

Mello Mello

Ballz of Adamantium
BGOL Investor
whats your budget bro ?? are you just starting out ?? cigars have different levels of strength. mild ,mild-medium , medium, full something like that.. The rule is Generally the Darker the cigar the stronger it is..

A great economy smoke is a Romeo and Juilet 1875 avg price 4.85 - 6.00 depending on where you live

^^^^ Yeah

It's best to start with a mild until your palate develops because the darker cigars can make you sick and you can definitely get light headed.

Gave my dad a big dark tobacco Cohiba and that shit sat him on his ass and was throwing up. :lol: He wouldn't admit it but I knew what it was. I thought he could handle it cuz he always smoked cigars.

I always point beginners out to drew estates or acid cigars. That how I started.

And I think there was a long cover thread on here we had.

Last edited:

Ejason5

Rising Star
Registered
^^^^ Yeah

It's best to start with a mold until you pallet develops because the darker cigars can make you sick and you can definitely get light headed.

Gave my dad a big dark tobacco Cohiba and that shit sat him on his ass and was throwing up. :lol: He wouldn't admit it but I knew what it was. I thought he could handle it cuz he always smoked cigars.

I always point beginners out to drew estates or acid cigars. That how I started.

funny shit dude was in the cigar bar, 1st time smoking a stogie and he picked the darkest olivia v seriers cigar.. nigga was in the corner slummped up tearing up..:lol::lol::lol::lol:

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
I smoked a few cigars down in the Caribbean not too long ago.. I actually preferred the Dominican cigars over the Cuban ones.

They just seemed to hit me better. Or maybe that was the Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey... :cool:

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I smoked a few cigars down in the Caribbean not too long ago.. I actually preferred the Dominican cigars over the Cuban ones.

They just seemed to hit me better. Or maybe that was the Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey... :cool:

it was the jack danielrs and you aint smoke a real cuban in dr unless

you paid over thirty dollars for it...

in domincan republica..I got a real arturo fuente....

that shit had me fuckin so relaxed sippin my JW black....

but it ran me about 25 for one of those summabytches....

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
^^^^ Yeah

It's best to start with a mild until your palate develops because the darker cigars can make you sick and you can definitely get light headed.

LOL,

dude those maduros are strictly after a nice meal shit....

and I mean a nice hearty meal....:yes:

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

punch >>> cut

I fuckes with cigar international.....

never heard of thompson cigar....

how is their pricing and shipping...

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I wanted to Start a Cigar Thread Im sure its a few Cats Who enjoy them..

Im farley new to the Cigar Scene maybe about 8 months in, but with all the Traveling I do Ive enjoyed a few Great cigars. Ive learned the difference between the Fake and Real cubans and the Quality of each stick and how there Rated..

*If you didnt know already you are allowed to Bring in up to 50 cuban cigars without any problems from US customs.

With that said what are some of your favorite smokes ? Where are the best deals to buy them in the states and in the Caribbean or Europe if you travel frequently ??

what are some of the things you learned about a fake cuban??

I learned to tell the difference between real tabacco and banana leaf..

youd be surprised how many cigars are rolled with banana leaf...

Mello Mello

Ballz of Adamantium
BGOL Investor
funny shit dude was in the cigar bar, 1st time smoking a stogie and he picked the darkest olivia v seriers cigar.. nigga was in the corner slummped up tearing up..:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I did that shit too even tho I was told before hand to start mild.

I just wanted to try it.

I never knew you could get high like that puffing on cigars.

My ass was dizzy than a mutha fucka.

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member
okay look

you don't inhale the shit, right?

so does pulling the shit in your mouth and blowwin it back out give you a buzz? is that buzz better than weed?

i just don't get the point. i've tried a cigar but it didn't do shit to me.

Mello Mello

Ballz of Adamantium
BGOL Investor
Some new shit someone gave me as a gift. Perdomo cigars. Nicaraguan tobacco.

Anyone ever try them before?

Last edited:

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
it was the jack danielrs and you aint smoke a real cuban in dr unless

you paid over thirty dollars for it...

in domincan republica..I got a real arturo fuente....

that shit had me fuckin so relaxed sippin my JW black....

but it ran me about 25 for one of those summabytches....

It was actually in Turks and Caico's and the cigars were 25-30 a piece. They were definitely Cubans cause the box I brought back sold out with the quickness and aficionados like my chick's dad said they were official.

They just didn't get to me like that. But maybe I gotta try em again.

Mello Mello

Ballz of Adamantium
BGOL Investor
LOL,

dude those maduros are strictly after a nice meal shit....

and I mean a nice hearty meal....:yes:

Man. :smh: I didn't mean to fuck my daddy up like that.

It was one of those maduro black label supreme cohiba's too.

He was sick the rest of the day after that.

Ejason5

Rising Star
Registered

There are good replicas and bad ones.. the way there made ex banana leaves, quality and price also never buy cigars on the street or beach. No one in there right mind would keep cubans out of a humidor ..

The main thing is on the wrapper or label .. all the letters have to be raised, u can run your fingers across them. always buy in a licensed shop. I go to DR once a month and there are only 3 shops i go to .. Santiago , Sousa and Cabarete. Also in DR supermarkets like pajero or naccional sell Real ones

I did that shit too even tho I was told before hand to start mild.

I just wanted to try it.

I never knew you could get high like that puffing on cigars.

My ass was dizzy than a mutha fucka.

okay look

so does pulling the shit in your mouth and blowwin it back out give you a buzz? is that buzz better than weed?

The Cigar stimulates your mouth and tounge and its powerful enough to give u a buzz.. Yes correct dont inhale

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It was actually in Turks and Caico's and the cigars were 25-30 a piece. They were definitely Cubans cause the box I brought back sold out with the quickness and aficionados like my chick's dad said they were official.

They just didn't get to me like that. But maybe I gotta try em again.

sounds about right, but watch out for those gift shop cigars...

unless they go to the back of the store and pull them out a humidor, or call someone to bring them, the shit usually on hand is some bullshit...

especially the gift shops around cruise ships...

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
There are good replicas and bad ones.. the way there made ex banana leaves, quality and price also never buy cigars on the street or beach. No one in there right mind would keep cubans out of a humidor ..

The main thing is on the wrapper or label .. all the letters have to be raised, u can run your fingers across them. always buy in a licensed shop. I go to DR once a month and there are only 3 shops i go to .. Santiago , Sousa and Cabarete. Also in DR supermarkets like pajero or naccional sell Real ones

The Cigar stimulates your mouth and tounge and its powerful enough to give u a buzz.. Yes correct dont inhale

:yes:

you inhale youd b sick as a horse..
an Ol wise man told me that a looong time ago...

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

so true about the raised lettering...

I got a really good cigar across the street from rhumbas... a nice lil cigar shop...

smoking cigars in dr is the shit....!!

I aint been back since the hatian thingy tho, even tho its just as much as the Haitians govtments fault...

way up in upper manhattan, around 216th street, I seen this small cigar shop and a dude rolling handmade cigars in

the window..

I got to try him out tho!!!

Ill take pictures if this thread is still up!!!!

Mello Mello

Ballz of Adamantium
BGOL Investor

What never knew this? How can you tell the difference between banana leaf and real tobacco?

okay look

Yeah it does and no don't inhale.

I would say it's hit me faster than weed don't know about better tho.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Some new shit someone gave me as a gift. Perdomo cigars. Nicaraguan tobacco.

Anyone ever try them before?

2zpqpas.jpg

You aint playin...

what you drink with it tho??

My drink of choice is baji chiew..

some chinese herbal liquor...

if that aint around I gots to go with my JW Black...

dagoon121

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

ill paid up to 50$
i want a good one , full strength

Csmooth69

Habitual LineStepper
BGOL Investor
Im still a rookie in the game myself so ive sticking to Fuentes. I aint ready for Cohiba yet. But i usually pair my cigars with Paul Masson ad it is pretty good. No complaints yet.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What never knew this? How can you tell the difference between banana leaf and real tobacco?

Yeah it does and no don't inhale.

I would say it's hit me faster than weed don't know about better tho.

it will take some time, but after awhile you could defintely smell the banana and the taste will give it away...

Mello Mello

Ballz of Adamantium
BGOL Investor
You aint playin...

what you drink with it tho??

My drink of choice is baji chiew..

some chinese herbal liquor...

if that aint around I gots to go with my JW Black...

Probably gonna puff it with some 1800 silver tequila or the coconut before its all gone.

Or maybe some gin.

Never had Baji Chiew where you get it at?

Here's a Partagas Maximo I bought back from the DR with me along with a few others.

Probably won't get to puffing this for a while.