Biden doesn't want to fight for 50,000 student loan relief. It's too hard

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
This makes me think this appeal will drag on into the new year and, if that's the case, they really need to consider extending the pause in payments again.

I think this is likely. Especially with the holidays coming up Courts don't get a damn thing done litigation-wise. Mad adjournments until after the holidays..

Politic Negro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So a Fed Judge took on a case where two people didn't want people to have relief because one thought it was too small and the other didn't qualify under the rules. Instead of deciding on those narrow complaints, he takes it on himself to say the whole thing is illegal and those complaints are moot. SMH CACs!

Last edited:

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor
flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor
What's sad in all of this is as much as Biden has done, accomplished and attempted in a little over two years he's still going to struggle to get re-elected which is crazy to me.

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Just got the approval email. 20k is better than nothing.

EDIT: Still ain't 50, that's why I will never change the thread title!

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They had Congress and the Executive branch and still fucked it up. It definitely ain't happening now.

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nah, this is just one of many court cases filed to block it which is to be expected and I'm sure the Biden administration will now have to appeal this decision as well.

Fuck it, if this shit continues his administration should just keep extending the pause in payments until its resolved.

It's being resolved...NOT IN OUR FAVOR!

Right-leaning Supreme Court is gonna back Biden's plan with 2024 on the way? Of course not.

It's over. The jig is up. Gave us false hope to keep votes rolling in.

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor

I'm more curious about their next steps of/when this occurs.

I assume they wouldn't discuss this before a decision and play their hand but one way or another this issue isn't going anywhere.

I'm going to read up on the changes with filing bankruptcy if you have student loans which they say is now a lot easier and a real possibility.

If this looks like it's going left I might jump on that before the flood gates open if it really is an option.

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
It's being resolved...NOT IN OUR FAVOR!

Right-leaning Supreme Court is gonna back Biden's plan with 2024 on the way? Of course not.

It's over. The jig is up. Gave us false hope to keep votes rolling in.

If you want student loan relief, elect 60 senators that will approve it and a house majority that will pass it.

Point blank period.

That's on the voters.

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
As someone who has never gotten a stimulus check or any of the other checks given out the last three years, it is amazing how often people shit on getting free money.

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor
As someone who has never gotten a stimulus check or any of the other checks given out the last three years, it is amazing how often people shit on getting free money.

Unless it's multimillionaires or billionaires who are getting the "free" money in which case they're all for it:confused::dunno::smh:

I remember only a few years ago here in New York State they began legislation to raise the states minimum wage and also raise the pay of restaurant/fast food workers up to $15-$16 before the minimum wage was raised.

Regular, everyday average people were livid at the thought of people actually being paid more money even though they would still only be slightly above the poverty line.