Biden doesn't want to fight for 50,000 student loan relief. It's too hard

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

President Joe Biden dismissed a Democratic plan to forgive up to $50,000 in student-loan debt."I will not make that happen," he said Tuesday, adding he didn't think he could do it unilaterally.The proposal was put forward recently by Sens. Elizabeth Warren and Chuck Schumer.

Last edited:

55th View

Rising Star
Registered
I don't understand people's sense of entitlement. If you sign up for $75K in student loans, there's an expectation that you'll repay it. How are borrowers upset w/ the government for not eating debt they fully agreed to repay?

It would be nice, but there are far more important things on the list in my opinion.

Hotlantan

Beep beep. Who's got the keys to the Jeep? VROOM!
BGOL Investor
From the SAME article: :nose:

"I will not make that happen," he said of the $50,000 relief measure. Instead, he told a CNN town-hall audience he believed loan forgiveness "depends on whether or not you go to a private university or a public university."

Instead, the president touted a proposal to provide free community college to families earning less than $125,000 a year. "Everyone should be able to go to community college for free," he said. "That costs $9 billion, and we should pay for it."

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

President Joe Biden dismissed a Democratic plan to forgive up to $50,000 in student-loan debt."I will not make that happen," he said Tuesday, adding he didn't think he could do it unilaterally.The proposal was put forward recently by Sens. Elizabeth Warren and Chuck Schumer.
Call your two Senators.

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Sounds weak. Do that shit and see how it plays out. Make them check you for trying to help the people. Better than simply saying I dont think that I can help the people
I think hes down with 10k through the covid relief bill. After that the Democrats need to figure it out.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don't understand people's sense of entitlement. If you sign up for $75K in student loans, there's an expectation that you'll repay it. How are borrowers upset w/ the government for not eating debt they fully agreed to repay?

It would be nice, but there are far more important things on the list in my opinion.

Yeah my issue with the student loan thing is can you atleast lower the interest rates? Like damn if someone proves over time they are able to make payments or do the auto-payment route, just lower my damn interest on them shits...I knew he wasn't going to do anything extreme, but jesus christ these rates are crazy...

crossovernegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What L is this? I went part time on the 15 year plan one or two classes at a time while working full time. Never took a loan.... so although I wouldn't hate on others for having their debt forgiven, I'm not losing sleep over it.

BGOL stay taking Ls for this MF.

Yall fucked up on super tuesday if you wanted any movement on student debt.

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Republicans GO BIG every time they get control. Democrats always find ways to blame the "rules" on why they can't make monumental changes.

Black folks take the L again. Smaller checks, no $15 minimum wage, increased immigration and now this BS. Say bye to the Senate im 2022, and maybe the House.

Last edited:

Famous1

Rising Star
Platinum Member

I'm against the loans because they artificially inflate the price of higher education. Forgive that shit and stop this madness. Higher education should be free.

hardawayz16

Rising Star
Registered
Is point is Trump would have whipped Bernard in a general so he would be president now.

So...don't vote for the guy who wants to address your issues, vote for the guy who has a slightly better chance of beating the other guy, based on projections that could be wrong.

Then complain when the guy you reluctantly voted for doesn't address your issues.

Sounds like a winning plan.

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Sounds weak. Do that shit and see how it plays out. Make them check you for trying to help the people. Better than simply saying I dont think that I can help the people

I wish someone had suggested this to Trump. He was so easily manipulated. All you had to say was, "Think what this would do for your image. People of all nationalities will say, he may be this and may be that, but he cancelled my debt so he gets my vote". Then he could lose the election, get impeached whatever...

He actually did some good things for the wrong reasons.

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
So...don't vote for the guy who wants to address your issues, vote for the guy who has a slightly better chance of beating the other guy, based on projections that could be wrong.

Then complain when the guy you reluctantly voted for doesn't address your issues.

Sounds like a winning plan.

Biden is addressing many issues I care about. Have you heard me complain? I'm very happy so far.

illdog

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The bar is soooo fuckin low...consider fascist 45 would prolly be building internment/concentration camps right bout now..

giphy.gif

Last edited: