Anime Fans, What's the hottest anime out at the moment? - Suggestions Thread

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
post #29 fam:cool:

I didn't see your post.... :lol:

The anime was perfect...

One piece is flat out my favorite anime. It is nothing short of amazing.

The thing about One Piece is that it manages to perfectly capture the essence of shonen manga. Adventure. Comedy. Fantastic powers. Unique characters. Epic battles. The absolute value of friendship, loyalty, and big, big dreams. One Piece takes all of this and glorifies it.

It doesn't take itself too seriously. It's hard to when everything is just so plain odd. Character designs are so stylised, weird and wonderful that it may put first viewers off. Special abilities are gained by eating unusual fruits (although the tried-and-tested shonen methods of just Working Really Hard or Being Badass Enough can work wonders as well). The main character is a pirate who's made of rubber, can't swim, and has about the mental capacity of a preschool child. Gags, puns and general insanity abound.

And yet somehow in the midst of all this patent ridiculosity... it manages to be cool. In that way that only shonen manga really can, it brings on the glorious spectacle and then some. Larger-than-life characters face up to one another, shouting their ambitions and ideologies for the world to hear, in glorious confrontations that are a roller-coaster ride of emotions, fists, blades and bullets. And you'd better believe they enjoy the ride.

In fact, One Piece somehow manages to both take itself deadly seriously, and refuse to take itself seriously in the slightest, at the same time, and not only make it work, but take all the best aspects of each of these two seemingly-opposing approaches and forget to bother with any of the flaws. It's fast-moving, but never too fast-moving. It's simple, but at the same time remarkably deep. It has a huge cast of secondary characters, essentially a freakshow of crazy caricatures and archetypes, and yet manages to avoid making any of them seem one-dimensional or uninteresting. It takes that oh-so-important storytelling element – the central cast, and potential additions thereto – and glorifies it by making the assembling of that cast (the protagonist's pirate crew) a major focus of the story. Potential members are chosen in pretty much exactly the way the audience would want – for being entertaining, cool, and providing something new to the mix.

And at over six hundred episodes and counting at the time of this writing, it's hard to deny that One Piece is epic. It will make you laugh like a kid at the circus. It will make tears spring to your eyes. It will keep you on the edge of your seat wanting more while still leaving you with a sense of gleeful satisfaction after every chapter. In short, One Piece nails it. If you haven't seen it, then for godssakes do.:yes:

For the longest time,a friend of mines been trying to get me to watch/read it,because I thought it looked stupid..Right,before I had my heart surgery,a few years ago,I decided to download the manga and when I came home to recover I decided to read it and I couldn't stop reading it...that shit was like crack to me and I couldn't believe how good the series was...

My only issue with the manga,they draw out the arc way too long,that shit gets boring sometimes...

The animation is on point though.....:cool:

Rocky Miavia

LORD OF THE BOARD
BGOL Investor
I used to be one of those One Piece naysayers too. The character designs looked so fucking dumb to me. But on a random weekend I decided to try it for 5 episodes or bust. I always give anime 5 episodes to impress me. Needless to say that shit became of my favorite anime series and I've watch a whole lot of fucking anime. Once you get used to the character designs there's such a deep, engrossing fantasy world and storylines to get into. The characters and their background will make you connect to them. The villains are some super evil mofos that will make you truly HATE THEM and root for the episode that one of Luffy's crew takes them out! Throughout the series you'll see the crew grow as a family and grow stronger individually. They have to because the challenges they face get increasingly tougher as the series goes on. It sucks? Yeah, a series that sucks has over 600 motherfucking episodes and still going...why?

Last edited:

Brigade4Radiant

Support BGOL
Registered
Kill la Kill

tumblr_mmje5edfpD1rw9b6io1_1280.jpg

http://www.crunchyroll.com/kill-la-kill

Watch it and be addicted lol trust me on this bruh,

Andros the magician

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I watched the first Kill la Kill and its a lot of action but the story didnt grab me right away. Seemed like the same, family member got killed, family member seeks revenge, gets hurt in the process, gets stronger, eventually gets revenge storyline.

smokedacane

Star
Registered
Another recommendation is psycho pass

The series ended a couple months ago. I don't know if they are making a season 2 but it is worth checking out :yes:

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
In typical bgol fashion, ask what's the hottest anime out right now and cats post their favorite anime that ended 10 years ago

8/11Streetz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Kill la kill is the hottest out at the moment

Out of the most popular amines One Piece is the best followed by Hunter x Hunter

i can not get into one piece no matter how hard i try that animation just piss me off.................

tapdatass

Support BGOL
Registered

melonpecan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
One Piece sucks

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

dont let melonpecan hear you say that (her sig is of one of the characters from that anime) :lol:

I'm like this at NY

tumblr_ly2j3kF3LI1r44xwao2_500.gif

i do believe that nigga is in a coma or its post apocalyptic....:lol:

as of episode 5 or 6 of the first season (business time was the name of the episode). pendelton ward announced that was when it took the true post apocalyptic tone it currently carries

HOWEVER

I think there is a big chunk of the first season that didnt happen (or did it?) cause Finn and Jake were hypnotized by the worm. from the first episode they see him until the episode they break the spell its at least a good 7 - 10 episodes.

Anyhoo, the new one I wanna watch now:
Zankyou+no+Terror_12.jpg

http://myanimelist.net/anime/23283/Zankyou_no_Terror

I was gonna copy and paste the synop but I dont like it. so here goes

ahem

A group of children known as Nine and Twelve carry out terrorist attacks on Tokyo. The police, desperate to stop them before civilians are hurt, think they are attached to a robbery of a highly unstable substance months before. The only clue linking these incidents together is the mysterious word 'VON'. Or is it? Flashbacks reveal Nine and Twelve have an unconventional childhood, groomed for the terrorist uprising. Who is really pulling the strings? VON? Or someone else completely?

tapdatass

Support BGOL
Registered
steins gate (a great time continuum anime, the scientist is funny)
kill la kill
death note....very good
future diary (way better than the synopsis sounds)
soul eater pretty good
btooom! i like the theme song... takes awhile to get going but its good

deadman wonderland great anime, main character is too whiny... big tease since theyre not making a season 2 and season 1 goes no where

speed grapher drags towards the end but still good
knights of sedonia decent... starts off slow....

Count23

International
International Member
One piece is flat out my favorite anime. It is nothing short of amazing.

The thing about One Piece is that it manages to perfectly capture the essence of shonen manga. Adventure. Comedy. Fantastic powers. Unique characters. Epic battles. The absolute value of friendship, loyalty, and big, big dreams. One Piece takes all of this and glorifies it.

It doesn't take itself too seriously. It's hard to when everything is just so plain odd. Character designs are so stylised, weird and wonderful that it may put first viewers off. Special abilities are gained by eating unusual fruits (although the tried-and-tested shonen methods of just Working Really Hard or Being Badass Enough can work wonders as well). The main character is a pirate who's made of rubber, can't swim, and has about the mental capacity of a preschool child. Gags, puns and general insanity abound.

And yet somehow in the midst of all this patent ridiculosity... it manages to be cool. In that way that only shonen manga really can, it brings on the glorious spectacle and then some. Larger-than-life characters face up to one another, shouting their ambitions and ideologies for the world to hear, in glorious confrontations that are a roller-coaster ride of emotions, fists, blades and bullets. And you'd better believe they enjoy the ride.

In fact, One Piece somehow manages to both take itself deadly seriously, and refuse to take itself seriously in the slightest, at the same time, and not only make it work, but take all the best aspects of each of these two seemingly-opposing approaches and forget to bother with any of the flaws. It's fast-moving, but never too fast-moving. It's simple, but at the same time remarkably deep. It has a huge cast of secondary characters, essentially a freakshow of crazy caricatures and archetypes, and yet manages to avoid making any of them seem one-dimensional or uninteresting. It takes that oh-so-important storytelling element – the central cast, and potential additions thereto – and glorifies it by making the assembling of that cast (the protagonist's pirate crew) a major focus of the story. Potential members are chosen in pretty much exactly the way the audience would want – for being entertaining, cool, and providing something new to the mix.

And at over six hundred episodes and counting at the time of this writing, it's hard to deny that One Piece is epic. It will make you laugh like a kid at the circus. It will make tears spring to your eyes. It will keep you on the edge of your seat wanting more while still leaving you with a sense of gleeful satisfaction after every chapter. In short, One Piece nails it. If you haven't seen it, then for godssakes do.:yes:

i'm quoting this post for the second time, but i just started watching one piece yesterday and am on ep 15 and pretty much most of what he is saying is on point so far.

tapdatass

Support BGOL
Registered
BUMP

any anime, if its good ill watch it... but i usually aim for the normal ones (non fantasy), usually dystopian society (psycho pass)... or action packed :yes:, but still i find ones like steins gate (which pretty much has very little action) and i love it... kill la kill i got hooked in the first 2 min... i like the over exaggerated action.... i guess its just finding what youre in to...

anyone check out Mekakucity Actors...? im trying to get into it, it looks decent....

psycho pass 2 just started, is anyone watching?

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
steins gate (a great time continuum anime, the scientist is funny)
kill la kill
death note....very good
future diary (way better than the synopsis sounds)
soul eater pretty good
btooom! i like the theme song... takes awhile to get going but its good

deadman wonderland great anime, main character is too whiny... big tease since theyre not making a season 2 and season 1 goes no where

speed grapher drags towards the end but still good
knights of sedonia decent... starts off slow....
btoom and steins gate are the only good ones from that list, the others aren't necessarily bad but kinda fall off during the series

Count23

International
International Member
BUMP

any anime, if its good ill watch it... but i usually aim for the normal ones (non fantasy), usually dystopian society (psycho pass)... or action packed :yes:, but still i find ones like steins gate (which pretty much has very little action) and i love it... kill la kill i got hooked in the first 2 min... i like the over exaggerated action.... i guess its just finding what youre in to...

anyone check out Mekakucity Actors...? im trying to get into it, it looks decent....

psycho pass 2 just started, is anyone watching?

Been meanin to check out psycho pass for a min...

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
caught up on Tokyo Ghoul, its a decent series but I wish they focuses more on the lore and plot instead of the dramatics, we really did not need two full episodes of torture

ilikebigbutts

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
In case no one already knows, there's a second season of tokyo ghoul out now. It airs on thursdays. Its titled tokyo ghoul root a.

Count23

International
International Member
caught up on Tokyo Ghoul, its a decent series but I wish they focuses more on the lore and plot instead of the dramatics, we really did not need two full episodes of torture

actually, compared to the manga they condensed it.

parasyte is pretty damn good

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
Started Psycho Pass, its pretty much a rip off of Ghost in a Shell but not as good. It's still a decent anime if you are into futuristic thrillers with decent dialogue about human behavior and social issues. The characters are the same generic characters you find in a lot of animes so none of them really stand out.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
watching Knights of Sidonia. So far pretty good space scifi story, and the attention to detail in the art work is pretty good, they definitely didn't go low budget on creating this one.