Anime Fans, What's the hottest anime out at the moment? - Suggestions Thread

sturmars

Star
Registered
attack-on-titan-4.jpg

watched season 1 - loved it can't wait for season two

naruto_shippuden__by_jellybreaker-d66hyvk.png

been following this from the beginning but I get sick of all the fillers so I read the manga

Bleach-74796-5.png

been watching from the beginning stop watching after the Aisen Saga.

Now,Im looking for an action packed Anime show to check out similar to any one of the ones shown above.. any suggestions

Better

Support BGOL
Registered
Naruto has gone the way of Dragon Ball Z.

Went on too long, now the writer seems very uninspired, and the writing feels drawn out.

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
not new but have you tried psycho pass, future dairy,jormungand or guilty crown

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
Kill la kill is the hottest out at the moment

Out of the most popular amines One Piece is the best followed by Hunter x Hunter

smokedacane

Star
Registered
Hunter x hunter, The chimera ant arc is complete fire :yes:

Kill la kill is fun too

Hamatora the animation is good too (cross between darker than black and get backers)

jcthesmooth

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I really enjoyed Sword Art online. I like the concept it reminds me of .hack from back in the day. But .hack confused the shit out of me. i need to go back and look at that. If you haven't seen ergo proxy I would suggest going back and watching that. It's on of the best animes to ever come out.

smokedacane

Star
Registered
I really enjoyed Sword Art online. I like the concept it reminds me of .hack from back in the day. But .hack confused the shit out of me. i need to go back and look at that. If you haven't seen ergo proxy I would suggest going back and watching that. It's on of the best animes to ever come out.

Ergo proxy is my number 2 all time fav anime

Cowboy bebop is number 1

sturmars

Star
Registered
Kill la kill is the hottest out at the moment

Out of the most popular amines One Piece is the best followed by Hunter x Hunter

I might be one of the few that isn't a fan of One Piece. never have been its too silly and kiddie looking..

Acion packed and a little drama is what I usually go for I know One Piece has action but is that goofy shit. I fucks with that Ninja, Magic, Spells, type shit.

smokedacane

Star
Registered
I might be one of the few that isn't a fan of One Piece. never have been its too silly and kiddie looking..

Acion packed and a little drama is what I usually go for I know One Piece has action but is that goofy shit. I fucks with that Ninja, Magic, Spells, type shit.

Since those are your preferences have you seen

-Soul eater
- fate zero and fate stay night
- basilisk
-7 samurai
- blade of the immortal
- fullmetal alchemist (you likely have seen this)
- samurai champloo (you likely have seen this)
- sword art online

Last edited:

monsterman

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I might be one of the few that isn't a fan of One Piece. never have been its too silly and kiddie looking.

Shit, I thought I was the only one. :lol:
Maybe I'm watching it with the wrong eyes since I like some silly animes like FLCL.

smokedacane

Star
Registered
damn, never heard of ergo proxy, thanks!!

baccano was dope, so i'll check durarara out!

I'm kind of surprised you never heard of Ergo proxy, that show is right up your alley.

I think the same guy that created Baccano made Durarara as well. Both shows have eerily similar elements (supernatural, organized crime/gangs, mish mashed Tarento like storyline).

II Dxnum

Rising Star
Registered
What about films? The last good one I saw was sword of the stranger and I've been trying to find something like it ever since.

Count23

International
International Member
I'm kind of surprised you never heard of Ergo proxy, that show is right up your alley.

I think the same guy that created Baccano made Durarara as well. Both shows have eerily similar elements (supernatural, organized crime/gangs, mish mashed Tarento like storyline).

:dunno: what can i say:lol: i'm ignorant of many things.

while you're at it, if you're into mangas, check out 'i am a hero'. it starts off slow, but when it picks up, it picks up.

Count23

International
International Member
also, even tough it's more of a thriller mystery and not really an 'action' series, monster is one of my favourite anime series ever.

smokedacane

Star
Registered
What about films? The last good one I saw was sword of the stranger and I've been trying to find something like it ever since.

Not too many movies that are as good as sword of the stranger

But I can give you some recommendations of ones I have seen within the last couple of years

The Berserk Golden Age Arc Movies (highly recommend :yes:)
- The egg of the king
- the battle of doldrey
- the descent

King of thorn

smokedacane

Star
Registered
:dunno: what can i say:lol: i'm ignorant of many things.

while you're at it, if you're into mangas, check out 'i am a hero'. it starts off slow, but when it picks up, it picks up.

Maaaan I have been on the manga for a minute, started reading it last year

Its on GOAT status for me and I love zombie fiction. Like you mentioned already the anime series Monster is amazing too, it's in my top 5.

Count23

International
International Member
Not too many movies that are as good as sword of the stranger

But I can give you some recommendations of ones I have seen within the last couple of years

The Berserk Golden Age Arc Movies (highly recommend :yes:)
- The egg of the king
- the battle of doldrey
- the descent

King of thorn

king of thorn was pretty fuckin cool:yes:

Count23

International
International Member

Its on GOAT status for me and I love zombie fiction. Like you mentioned already the anime series Monster is amazing too, it's in my top 5.

i hope the series comes off hiatus soon, i wanna see where it goes:yes:

which reminds me, they gotta get high school of the dead up and goin again

sturmars

Star
Registered
I know it's old....but Beserk is pretty good. Kinda like Fist of the North Star.

Since those are your preferences have you seen

-Soul eater
- fate zero and fate stay night
- basilisk
-7 samurai
- blade of the immortal
- fullmetal alchemist (you likely have seen this)
- samurai champloo (you likely have seen this)
- sword art online

Claymore was good also. Dead man wonderland is a beast.

I peeped samurai chanploo it was dope..

Claymore was sick too to bad it ended.
I watched Full Metal Alchemist on Cartoon Network along with Tri-Gun, "some" Cowboy Bebop, Dragon Ball Z, etc.

I've seen Basilisk, Soul Eater, F.O.T.N.S, Yu Yu Hakusho, Yoto Den, Death Note, etc..

I love the ninja, magic, transforming in to super beings, type anime.