Anime Fans, What's the hottest anime out at the moment? - Suggestions Thread

Count23

International
International Member
Man if I had to wake up out of cryo sleep to deal with the shit they had to deal face :smh:

that elevator shaft scene tho:eek::smh:

if you're into mystery thrillers that involve timey wimey/parallel universes shit, you should check out stein's gate

Last edited:

smokedacane

Star
Registered
that elevator shaft scene tho:eek::smh:

if you're into mystery thrillers that involve timey wimey shit, you should check out stein's gate

Brah, we like too much of the same shit :lol:

Steins Gate was my show. Beautifully crafted sci Fi about time travel and its consequences. See this is why I'm surprised you have never heard of ergo proxy. Now I know you will
absolutely love the show.

drae_joker

Potential Star
OG Investor
I really enjoyed Sword Art online. I like the concept it reminds me of .hack from back in the day. But .hack confused the shit out of me. i need to go back and look at that. If you haven't seen ergo proxy I would suggest going back and watching that. It's on of the best animes to ever come out.

Ergo Proxy is one of my faves next to Deadman Wonderland, and XXXholic.

Freezing is a good anime, if you've not seen it.

sturmars

Star
Registered
I love Hulu Plus they have almost all the Anime you can think of.. All of the shows mentioned in this thread is on Hulu Plus except Hunter x Hunter

How's Hellsing?

Hellsing_TV_cover.jpg

smokedacane

Star
Registered
I peeped samurai chanploo it was dope..

Claymore was sick too to bad it ended.
I watched Full Metal Alchemist on Cartoon Network along with Tri-Gun, "some" Cowboy Bebop, Dragon Ball Z, etc.

I've seen Basilisk, Soul Eater, F.O.T.N.S, Yu Yu Hakusho, Yoto Den, Death Note, etc..

I love the ninja, magic, transforming in to super beings, type anime.

Alright

Hellsing and hellsing ultimate
Shigurui
Shiki
Gun grave
Elfen lied
Fate zero (prequel to fate stay night)

Count23

International
International Member
Brah, we like too much of the same shit :lol:

Steins Gate was my show. Beautifully crafted sci Fi about time travel and its consequences. See this is why I'm surprised you have never heard of ergo proxy. Now I know you will
absolutely love the show.

:lol:streamin the first ep of ergo proxy now.

should check Tenjho Tenge, and golgo 13

Count23

International
International Member
imam check those out they're on Hulu Plus... Should I start with Hellsing first or GunGrave?

i know hellsing is a pretty popular series, but i never got around to checking it out, but gungrave is pretty solid:yes:

smokedacane

Star
Registered
imam check those out they're on Hulu Plus... Should I start with Hellsing first or GunGrave?

Gungrave = organized crime, monsters, action, revenge story

Hellsing = vampire/monster hunter, magic, action

I'm quite bias towards gungrave because it is one of my favs. I'd say go with your gut. You will enjoy both.

Count23

International
International Member
Ergo Proxy is one of my faves next to Deadman Wonderland, and XXXholic.

Freezing is a good anime, if you've not seen it.

Alright

Hellsing and hellsing ultimate
Shigurui
Shiki
Gun grave
Elfen lied
Fate zero (prequel to fate stay night)

*bolded red*

i enjoyed the mangas to those titles moreso than the anime adaptions...the anime adaptions are incomplete in comparison.

Count23

International
International Member
so will there be a season 2 of Attack on Titan or nobody knows still?

there should be, since the series is a cash cow in the states as well as japan. however they would have to wait for enough time to pass to give the manga (which is monthly) enough time to source the anime adaptation. you should read the manga tho, it's a good ways ahead of the anime adaptation.:yes:

smokedacane

Star
Registered
so will there be a season 2 of Attack on Titan or nobody knows still?

There is a ova out but only one episode has been released and that was over a month ago. :hmm:

I don't know if there will be a season 2 which is pretty lame. You will have to read the manga for the rest of the story (like claymore)

Count23

International
International Member
There is a ova out but only one episode has been released and that was over a month ago. :hmm:

I don't know if there will be a season 2 which is pretty lame. You will have to read the manga for the rest of the story (like claymore)

that would be a fuckin shame if they don't give it a season 2:smh:

II Dxnum

Rising Star
Registered
Not too many movies that are as good as sword of the stranger

But I can give you some recommendations of ones I have seen within the last couple of years

The Berserk Golden Age Arc Movies (highly recommend :yes:)
- The egg of the king
- the battle of doldrey
- the descent

King of thorn

thanks, smoke.

Count23

International
International Member
They did that dumb shit for gantz and instead went with that weak ass ending

don't get me started on gantz:angry: the anime was excellent until they deviated.

on that same token, in the manga that last arc was really drawn the fuck out

monsterman

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What about films? The last good one I saw was sword of the stranger and I've been trying to find something like it ever since.

Have you seen Redline? Great Animation. One of my All-Time favs.
FULL MOVIE in 720p

Last edited:

Rocky Miavia

LORD OF THE BOARD
BGOL Investor
I can't stand Trigun. But I will say that Gungrave is easily one of my favorite anime series. That shit was so dramatic it wasn't funny. Mafia shit, revenge, etc. You'll never see the ending coming!

And don't go wasting time watching any trailers for it. Those shits totally misrepresent what this series is. It's not an action series as the trailers make it seem by using clips of the gunfight from the very first episode.

Hellfish

Rising Star
Registered
What about films? The last good one I saw was sword of the stranger and I've been trying to find something like it ever since.

This films aren't like sword of the stranger(which was great) but I think you might like these.

Last good film I saw was Asura. The animation can be spotty at certain moments but i was hooked immediately. It can be very depressing though.

Fun film some cool visuals

This was my freakin awesome. over the top fast paced action and humor. Must be seen in HD.:yes:

Count23

International
International Member
I can't stand Trigun. But I will say that Gungrave is easily one of my favorite anime series. That shit was so dramatic it wasn't funny. Mafia shit, revenge, etc. You'll never see the ending coming!

your opinion, but what was not to like about trigun?

Hellfish

Rising Star
Registered

Trigun was way to preachy for my taste. I liked gun grave. It was a little slow but I was a fan of the game so I stuck with it.

Rocky Miavia

LORD OF THE BOARD
BGOL Investor
also, even tough it's more of a thriller mystery and not really an 'action' series, monster is one of my favourite anime series ever.

Who says all anime has to be action anyway? That shit is cool when you first get into anime (all the ultra-violence shit), but as you learn to APPRECIATE anime for what it is you start to be more open to various styles. Right?

Hellfish

Rising Star
Registered
I'm looking forward to High School Of The Dead season 2. Don't care much for the fan-serve but what ever:dunno:

untouchable212

International
International Member
Check out berserk, can't recommend an anime more fully than this one, watch the series first, but watch it in dubb, the english voices are actually quite well done in this one, very fitting.

Then check out the OVA's, but def make sure you watch the series first, as the OVA's skips alot of the character development left out that the series had. But obviously the soundtrack and animation is better done in the more recent done still ongoing OVA's. But the story is def 10/10. You'll love it.

sturmars

Star
Registered
Who says all anime has to be action anyway? That shit is cool when you first get into anime (all the ultra-violence shit), but as you learn to APPRECIATE anime for what it is you start to be more open to various styles. Right?

That's true but I'm on that Ninja/Magic shit for right now.

Hellfish

Rising Star
Registered
also, even tough it's more of a thriller mystery and not really an 'action' series, monster is one of my favourite anime series ever.

Pure crack cocaine, it had me hooked. stumbled upon it why looking for another anime on hulu

Count23

International
International Member
Trigun was way to preachy for my taste. I liked gun grave. It was a little slow but I was a fan of the game so I stuck with it.
how did you cosider it preachy?:confused:

I hate when a powerful main character acts like a fucking idiot and a weakling.

yea, but trigun serious'd up halfway through it's run tho.

agree, but the op was asking for action titles, so i included that caveat.