Anime Fans, What's the hottest anime out at the moment? - Suggestions Thread

Andros the magician

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Looks like this thread derailed from the initial post.

I don't know whats the best current anime to watch but I recently started watching Samurai Flamenco and Space brothers. Nothing amazing but they are cool. I'm also looking for something new to add to my lineup.

sturmars

Star
Registered
Looks like this thread derailed from the initial post.

I don't know whats the best current anime to watch but I recently started watching Samurai Flamenco and Space brothers. Nothing amazing but they are cool. I'm also looking for something new to add to my lineup.

I think before it got derailed, some decent suggestions were made. I'll watch some of them until, I find the type I'm looking for.

Andros the magician

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I recently watched spaceship Yamanto. I might have spelled that wrong. I think it came out last year, not sure but I loved it. Maybe it was me reliving my youth, rushing home to watch the horrible english dub version. I don't know but I really enjoyed it. I currently watch One Piece and Naruto weekly. I've been trying to finish Valvarve the Vindicator and sword art online but I lose interest and come back to it. I know Bleach is supposed to be good but I have literally never watched any of it and I have heard it has more fillers than Naruto and I just cant endure that. No damn way.

Anyway, personally I'm trying to find something new that is space, zombie(I've seen High school of the dead),or just something unique. I've seen or tried most of the stuff mentioned in this thread. So I'm with the OP.

Mello Mello

Ballz of Adamantium
BGOL Investor
Subs.

A nigga been watching Space Dandy. I need something else. Been off my anime shit for too long.

Andros the magician

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Just started Hunter X Hunter, based on the first few comments of this thread. I thought this anime was some pokemon crap. So far so good.

badman32

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Current GOOD anime:

Hajime No Ippo: Rising
1142.jpg

Hunter X Hunter
799.jpg

Kill La Kill (From the makers of Gurren Lagann)
1133.jpg

Kuroko No Baske 2 (1st season and this season are great, a basketball anime where players have special techinques/skills similar to powers, pretty cool)
1144.jpg

Log Horizon (Just like Sword Art Online but better)
1140.jpg

Samurai Flamenco (Ridiculous funny "Kickass" kind of anime)
1158.jpg

Blood Lad (Complete but great animation in the fight scenes, supernatural anime with vamps, wolves, etc..)
bloodlad.png

Machine Doll wa Kizutsukanai (Magic utilized through dolls which come in different shape/form/powers)
rsz_52801l.png

And of course...

One piece - which is one hell of a great anime and is still going strong! I used to pay it no mind, thinking of how crappy the art looks, etc... until I sat down and started watching it, I got hooked, the art started getting better as well as the animation, and the story just keeps getting better and better.

one_piece_poster.jpg

Andros the magician

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I agree with you about One piece ^^^.

Flat out epic and my favorite anime. Some seriously amazing story telling.
Hunter X Hunter is pretty damn good I have to admit. I'm on episode 8 now and damn I like how its evolving.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
tumblr_n07hhqg1sw1r3rdh2o1_500.gif

black lagoon
not new but action packed

My uncle been trying to get me to watch this...I may need to check this out...

Hunter x hunter, The chimera ant arc is complete fire :yes:

Kill la kill is fun too

Hamatora the animation is good too (cross between darker than black and get backers)

I thought the original series to Hunter X Hunter was great,haven't seen the remake though..

I really enjoyed Sword Art online. I like the concept it reminds me of .hack from back in the day. But .hack confused the shit out of me. i need to go back and look at that. If you haven't seen ergo proxy I would suggest going back and watching that. It's on of the best animes to ever come out.

A friend of mines,been trying to get me to watch Sword Art Online,for the longest...

Ergo proxy is my number 2 all time fav anime

Cowboy bebop is number 1

I saw the majority of the episode way back and sudden stop,I need to watch it again,because it was good..

Claymore was good also. Dead man wonderland is a beast.

Deadman Wonderland shocked me,I thought it was going to be boring,but it was good :yes::yes:

I'm kind of surprised you never heard of Ergo proxy, that show is right up your alley.

I think the same guy that created Baccano made Durarara as well. Both shows have eerily similar elements (supernatural, organized crime/gangs, mish mashed Tarento like storyline).

need to check out Durarara... :cool:

yep, ghost in the shell has as always been an all time fave for me and these two new installments have not disappointed at all.

Ghost in the Shell got me into the cyberpunk genre...

I love Hulu Plus they have almost all the Anime you can think of.. All of the shows mentioned in this thread is on Hulu Plus except Hunter x Hunter

How's Hellsing?

Hellsing_TV_cover.jpg

I haven't watch Hellsing in years,need to see Ultimate...

Alright

Hellsing and hellsing ultimate
Shigurui
Shiki
Gun grave
Elfen lied
Fate zero (prequel to fate stay night)

I've seen everything on that list,except for Fate Zero..

imam check those out they're on Hulu Plus... Should I start with Hellsing first or GunGrave?

Gungrave is another one I haven't seen in awhile...

so will there be a season 2 of Attack on Titan or nobody knows still?

Its been confirmed that a season 2 is in the works...I have no clue when,but they already say its on the way...

Im thinking,they're waiting for the manga to get ahead,since it comes out once a month...

They did that dumb shit for gantz and instead went with that weak ass ending

I never understood,why they never had a season 2 for Claymore,when it was way behind of the manga...That sorry ass ending for Gantz and Claymore was ridiculous..:smh::smh:

I haven't read Claymore in 3 years,I need to go back reading it...

also, op should check out blood+

very underrated....:cool:

This films aren't like sword of the stranger(which was great) but I think you might like these.

Last good film I saw was Asura. The animation can be spotty at certain moments but i was hooked immediately. It can be very depressing though.

I need to check that out...:cool:

The Walking Dead fans might enjoy this manga - http://www.mangareader.net/i-am-a-hero

NOTE: The first 11 issues are slow as shit.

I might check this out...:cool:

I gave up on High School of the Dead,that shit been on hiatus for a long time..It came out for one month,last year never to come back again..The sad part,it was on a 2 year hiatus,before it magically came back last year for that one month...:angry::angry:

I agree with you about One piece ^^^.

Flat out epic and my favorite anime. Some seriously amazing story telling.
Hunter X Hunter is pretty damn good I have to admit. I'm on episode 8 now and damn I like how its evolving.

I like One Piece,but some of the manga arcs gets too drawn out...I haven't watch the anime in 4 years though...I stopped at the Skypiea Arc..:lol::lol:

Last edited:

assmaster1

Star
Registered
Been watching Hunter X Hunter, which is a great anime done by Mad House one of the best anime companies out there. There on the last story arch (killer ants) now. They seem to be dragging it out a bit but it's still good. Also watching Kill la Kill IMO nothing currently running has more action than this Anime period.

W.M.D.

Support BGOL
Registered
Just started Hunter X Hunter, based on the first few comments of this thread. I thought this anime was some pokemon crap. So far so good.

For you guys watching hunter x hunter make sure your watching the 2011 version its slightly different from the original. I belive the 2011 is more closely tied to the manga

WhenTheGoingGetsTtuff

Rising Star
Registered
I might be one of the few that isn't a fan of One Piece. never have been its too silly and kiddie looking..

Acion packed and a little drama is what I usually go for I know One Piece has action but is that goofy shit. I fucks with that Ninja, Magic, Spells, type shit.

I hate 1 piece. Shit looks soooooooo stupid.

Rocky Miavia

LORD OF THE BOARD
BGOL Investor
Corpse Party (Horror anime w/ lots of gory deathes)

Zetman (A mature superhero anime)

Nobunaga the Fool

Strike the Blood (Vampires + Sorcery)

Blood Lad

Space Dandy (Hilarious roguish shit)

Kuroko no Basket (Do NOT Sleep on this!)

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders (New & based on manga series)

Noragami (Ancient gods in the modern day world)

Wizard Barristers: Benmashi Cecil (From the creator of Kite & Mezzo Forte)

vertigo

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Bayonetta: Bloody Fate (yes, based on that fire assed game)
Link- http://www.waoanime.tv/bayonetta-bloody-fate-episode-1/

Bayonetta-Ntsc-Front-Cover-28094.jpg

I'm considering buying a (used) wii-U for bayonetta 2.
anyway, back on topic;

Watching Log Horizon, Outbreak Company, Wizard Barristers and a few others.
I use Crunchyroll and animeavenue (dot net)
but Hulu has an impressive amount of anime available- especially for shows that are a season or three old now.

Last edited:

smokedacane

Star
Registered
The bayonetta movie was very average to me. Great animation and fight scenes but the story just did not grab me.

Last edited:

Andros the magician

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yup I'm looking at the 2011 version of Hunter X Hunter. Still can't believe I tried the first episode when it first aired and turned it off after ten minutes. This crap is very good.

smokedacane

Star
Registered
Yup I'm looking at the 2011 version of Hunter X Hunter. Still can't believe I tried the first episode when it first aired and turned it off after ten minutes. This crap is very good.

I watched the original and was pleased to find out they were going to reboot it. It looks kiddy at first but the show is raw as hell :yes:

Andros the magician

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I hate 1 piece. Shit looks soooooooo stupid.

One piece is flat out my favorite anime. It is nothing short of amazing.

The thing about One Piece is that it manages to perfectly capture the essence of shonen manga. Adventure. Comedy. Fantastic powers. Unique characters. Epic battles. The absolute value of friendship, loyalty, and big, big dreams. One Piece takes all of this and glorifies it.

It doesn't take itself too seriously. It's hard to when everything is just so plain odd. Character designs are so stylised, weird and wonderful that it may put first viewers off. Special abilities are gained by eating unusual fruits (although the tried-and-tested shonen methods of just Working Really Hard or Being Badass Enough can work wonders as well). The main character is a pirate who's made of rubber, can't swim, and has about the mental capacity of a preschool child. Gags, puns and general insanity abound.

And yet somehow in the midst of all this patent ridiculosity... it manages to be cool. In that way that only shonen manga really can, it brings on the glorious spectacle and then some. Larger-than-life characters face up to one another, shouting their ambitions and ideologies for the world to hear, in glorious confrontations that are a roller-coaster ride of emotions, fists, blades and bullets. And you'd better believe they enjoy the ride.

In fact, One Piece somehow manages to both take itself deadly seriously, and refuse to take itself seriously in the slightest, at the same time, and not only make it work, but take all the best aspects of each of these two seemingly-opposing approaches and forget to bother with any of the flaws. It's fast-moving, but never too fast-moving. It's simple, but at the same time remarkably deep. It has a huge cast of secondary characters, essentially a freakshow of crazy caricatures and archetypes, and yet manages to avoid making any of them seem one-dimensional or uninteresting. It takes that oh-so-important storytelling element – the central cast, and potential additions thereto – and glorifies it by making the assembling of that cast (the protagonist's pirate crew) a major focus of the story. Potential members are chosen in pretty much exactly the way the audience would want – for being entertaining, cool, and providing something new to the mix.

And at over six hundred episodes and counting at the time of this writing, it's hard to deny that One Piece is epic. It will make you laugh like a kid at the circus. It will make tears spring to your eyes. It will keep you on the edge of your seat wanting more while still leaving you with a sense of gleeful satisfaction after every chapter. In short, One Piece nails it. If you haven't seen it, then for godssakes do.:yes:

Count23

International
International Member
One piece is flat out my favorite anime. It is nothing short of amazing.

The thing about One Piece is that it manages to perfectly capture the essence of shonen manga. Adventure. Comedy. Fantastic powers. Unique characters. Epic battles. The absolute value of friendship, loyalty, and big, big dreams. One Piece takes all of this and glorifies it.

It doesn't take itself too seriously. It's hard to when everything is just so plain odd. Character designs are so stylised, weird and wonderful that it may put first viewers off. Special abilities are gained by eating unusual fruits (although the tried-and-tested shonen methods of just Working Really Hard or Being Badass Enough can work wonders as well). The main character is a pirate who's made of rubber, can't swim, and has about the mental capacity of a preschool child. Gags, puns and general insanity abound.

And yet somehow in the midst of all this patent ridiculosity... it manages to be cool. In that way that only shonen manga really can, it brings on the glorious spectacle and then some. Larger-than-life characters face up to one another, shouting their ambitions and ideologies for the world to hear, in glorious confrontations that are a roller-coaster ride of emotions, fists, blades and bullets. And you'd better believe they enjoy the ride.

In fact, One Piece somehow manages to both take itself deadly seriously, and refuse to take itself seriously in the slightest, at the same time, and not only make it work, but take all the best aspects of each of these two seemingly-opposing approaches and forget to bother with any of the flaws. It's fast-moving, but never too fast-moving. It's simple, but at the same time remarkably deep. It has a huge cast of secondary characters, essentially a freakshow of crazy caricatures and archetypes, and yet manages to avoid making any of them seem one-dimensional or uninteresting. It takes that oh-so-important storytelling element – the central cast, and potential additions thereto – and glorifies it by making the assembling of that cast (the protagonist's pirate crew) a major focus of the story. Potential members are chosen in pretty much exactly the way the audience would want – for being entertaining, cool, and providing something new to the mix.

And at over six hundred episodes and counting at the time of this writing, it's hard to deny that One Piece is epic. It will make you laugh like a kid at the circus. It will make tears spring to your eyes. It will keep you on the edge of your seat wanting more while still leaving you with a sense of gleeful satisfaction after every chapter. In short, One Piece nails it. If you haven't seen it, then for godssakes do.:yes:

well damn...:cool: