Anime Fans, What's the hottest anime out at the moment? - Suggestions Thread

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
Noblesse: The Beginning of Destruction(2015 by Studio Animal(Korean company))

(Takes place 820 years in the past)

Noblesse:The Awakening(2016 by Production I.G.)

This version covers the first season of the manhwa (Yes,most non-adult manhwas have seasons)

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member

It's the retelling of the Aincrad Arc(first 14 episodes of the first season)

The author went back and tryjng to do all 70 floors of this arc. There's already 6 books out. I'm going assume at some point he either going to release two or three books a year,hire more writers or out right skip some floors. No way,he could do one book per year.

Last edited:

Black A. Camus

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Dragons Dogma on Netflix was decent. It was animated beautifully. It has blood, gore, nudity, sex and violence. The plot is decent, a dragon kills a man's family so he seeks revenge. But how it concluded was predictable. It's still worth a watch. I binged the whole series Saturday.

sorcererforemost

Rising Star
Registered
Just waiting on Jojos part 6 still. Shaman King obviously since they'll be doing my boy Jaco and Faust right this time. Hoping Netflix does Violence Jack or Devilman Lady at some point.

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Dragons Dogma on Netflix was decent. It was animated beautifully. It has blood, gore, nudity, sex and violence. The plot is decent, a dragon kills a man's family so he seeks revenge. But how it concluded was predictable. It's still worth a watch. I binged the whole series Saturday.

I didn't fuck with it. It wasn't necessarily bad, but it didn't really keep my attention.

I'm going to try to re-watch it for a fourth time, but I can't pay attention long enough to figure out if the end was a curse.also the reason for the dragons behavior doesn't add up as far as the end of the story.

The episode with the noble and his wife was interesting, but also a little off.

Black A. Camus

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I didn't fuck with it. It wasn't necessarily bad, but it didn't really keep my attention.

I'm going to try to re-watch it for a fourth time, but I can't pay attention long enough to figure out if the end was a curse.also the reason for the dragons behavior doesn't add up as far as the end of the story.

The episode with the noble and his wife was interesting, but also a little off.
I dont want to give away spoilers. But in the last episode the dragon explained why. Also, when I said it was predictable, the dragon took his heart and told him to come get him. The dragon could have just killed him in the first episode.

Like I said, it wasnt a great series. And I can understand why it didnt hold your interest. But I thought it was o.k. for lack of a better anime to watch.

Africanama

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

It was an awesome show, could have been made in movie form but still worked the way it was set up. The MC did had to channel his inner Wayne Brady at one point and had to choke a bitch.

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
That damn God of Highschool is something special right there...

I enjoyed the series so far but I feel like I missed something toward the end. It started off as a simple tournament series that was slowly building to a larger story and then it just said fuck it let's speed this up a bit. The latest events were not completely out of no where, but I don't feel like they spent enough time explaining the events outside of the tournament.

This is another series that really should have gotten 20 to 25 episodes. Even out side of anime, TV series seem to be getting less and less episodes per year. For some shows this good because there isn't unneeded filler. In other cases the series are slightly hurt because the material is being cut or rushed by packing to much into shorter seasons.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
I enjoyed the series so far but I feel like I missed something toward the end. It started off as a simple tournament series that was slowly building to a larger story and then it just said fuck it let's speed this up a bit. The latest events were not completely out of no where, but I don't feel like they spent enough time explaining the events outside of the tournament.

This is another series that really should have gotten 20 to 25 episodes. Even out side of anime, TV series seem to be getting less and less episodes per year. For some shows this good because there isn't unneeded filler. In other cases the series are slightly hurt because the material is being cut or rushed by packing to much into shorter seasons.

I only saw the first 5 episodes but I can tell you they skipped alot of shit from the manhwa(they did the same thing for Tower of God). I don't understand,why they did it like that especially when the manhwa is on the last arc of the series, currently....

I'm not saying adapt everything but atleast put in more of the story in the series.

I noticed that alot of TV series are getting shorter too. I understand, alot of companies are not fans of fillers but if you're adapting a manga series that's long you should be able to have more episodes.