RIP to one of the most iconic blk TV characters in television history.
Lamont Sanford aka "Big Dummy"
My top 5 Sanford and Son episodes (in no particular order)
1. The three degrees
2. The gay blade episode
3. The episode where they go to jail for trying to be in a skin flick
4. The speeding ticket episode where they go to court
5. The episode where Julio hooks up Lamont with his sister.
5B. The episode where Julio takes Lamont and Fred to a spanish restaurant.
Man we used to go to school and everybody would know all the lines from the show the night before. Awesome time, awesome actor.RIP....
Watching the show was a part of my childhood
In our talks it seemed complex. To stay positive I think he felt Redd deserved more recognition and the studios did not give him his just due for all that he did even prior to Sanford and Son. However, he also felt Red feared guys like Pryor and himself were similar to Malcolm X with Elijah Muhammad. I'll just say that connect the dots. Just to clear up some things I am seeing said in thread.That was my memory as well. I can't remember him ever saying anything complimentary about Redd, or anyone else on the show. Neither can I remember anyone from the show ever saying anything complimentary about him.
Yoooooo!!!!This was one of my Favs episodes right here!!..![]()
Good choices. Just a couple more:
** Lamont vs Jo Jo Jackson.
** Lamont and Rollo sneaking girls into the house, but being met by Grady and his shotgun. "No Orgies!!!" Then after a second try, getting run out of the house by Aunt Esther and the ladies from the church.
done !
RIP Demond Wilson 'Lamont from Sanford and Son' (October 13, 1946 – January 30, 2026)
Grady Demond Wilson, Lamont from Sanford and Son, Dies at 79 Grady Demond Wilson (October 13, 1946 – January 30, 2026) was an American actor and author. He played Lamont Sanford, the son of Fred Sanford (played by Redd Foxx) on the NBC sitcom Sanford and Son (1972–1977). He then portrayed...www.bgol.us
I mean you must got that person on ignore, if you can't see the thread.Smh, I searched before I made the thread and nothing came up.
I merged themSmh, I searched before I made the thread and nothing came up.
I mean you must got that person on ignore, if you can't see the thread.
I remember the ending to that one episode(the sensitivity group one) where Redd yanked Lawanda's wig off and she chased him out the door..the last shot was of Demond falling out laughingHe played the perfect straight man to Fred and Aunt Esther who were so funny that Lamont broke character all the time and started laughing. RIP
