RIP Demond Wilson 'Lamont from Sanford and Son' (October 13, 1946 – January 30, 2026)

People always gotta bring up somebody's past instead of remembering the good times.

I don't care what nobody says, dude was a legend on that show which still makes me laugh today even though it was on before our time.
Indeed. Every time I see it on I'll watch. Still makes me laugh
 
RIP to him

but he never seemed like a good person

it didn't sit well with me how he used to shit on Red Fox after he died.
Yeah he seemed like he was upset with the show and hollywood as a whole,he came off as a not so nice person in interviews which he didn't do many.After Ralo said him and Demond never got along and the only reason he was on the show was because of Red,he might of hurt his chances of doing other things just from his attitude alone.

RIP to Demond,his character and Red's vision worked beautifully together and the show will live on
 
Each tells a different story about their falling out. Redd says he was more than pissed at Demond for not supporting him when he went on strike over salary and conditions. Demond says he was angry at Redd for not telling him of his intention to walk out beforehand. We'll never know but if I had to guess which version is true I'm more inclined to believe Redd's version mainly because by all accounts Redd fought the good fight against studio mistreatment of minority actors and had history of financially supporting struggling performers. Pat Morita's account of Redd generosity following seems to bear this out.

 
RIP.

I don't know anything about the man behind the character, but I know my Pops loved Sanford & Son.
 
Sad, RIP.......


From the cast of Sanford and Son, I think the only surviving member is Hal Williams who played the police officer.....

ME1A9LV5_o.jpg
 
RIP Demond Wilson! Loved the interview you gave here explaining the concept of the show and Lamont!!!

 
Demond Wilson https://share.google/bssjLnStHLGLBgD6x

Sanford and Son star Grady Demond Wilson dies aged 79


Grady Desmond Wilson, best known for his role as Lamont Sanford in the 1970s sitcom Sanford and Son, has died. He was 79 years old.

According to Wilson’s son, Demond Wilson Jr., his father died Friday morning in his home in Palm Springs, California. His death was related to complications from an unknown type of cancer.
 
RIP to him

but he never seemed like a good person

it didn't sit well with me how he used to shit on Red Fox after he died.

That was my memory as well. I can't remember him ever saying anything complimentary about Redd, or anyone else on the show. Neither can I remember anyone from the show ever saying anything complimentary about him.
 
Back
Top