RIP Demond Wilson 'Lamont from Sanford and Son' (October 13, 1946 – January 30, 2026)

Long live Kalunda!

0*aL5hONo9QNY2nrJW


​
Very funny episode.
 
This is so sad.

I read a long time ago that he was strung out on heroin during a large part of making Sanford and Son.

Rest in Peace, Lamont.

Damn I did not know this. Just read an old LA Times article from 87' about his drug-use during the show and how he transitioned into becoming a pastor.

Also read he made $40,000/wk during the show and had a $1,000/wk cocaine habit. He was coping with depression from doing the show. Hollywood felt real lonely to him. He really turned his life around though.

Happy to see he lived a fulfilled life finding his calling with family and the lord.
 
RIP. I said when I hit 50 a lot of people is gonna be dying and I was right unfortunately
 
RIP to one of the most iconic blk TV characters in television history.

Lamont Sanford aka "Big Dummy"

My top 5 Sanford and Son episodes (in no particular order)

1. The three degrees

2. The gay blade episode

3. The episode where they go to jail for trying to be in a skin flick

4. The speeding ticket episode where they go to court

5. The episode where Julio hooks up Lamont with his sister.

5B. The episode where Julio takes Lamont and Fred to a spanish restaurant.

Those are great episodes. Here are the titles off the top of my head:

1. Presenting the Three Degrees.
2. Lamont, is that you?
3. Rated X
4. Fred Sanford Legal Eagle.
5. The Puerto Ricans are coming.
5B. Pops n Pals.

Can't argue with any of these, but I have always thought "Jealousy" and "TV Addict" could also be in the Top 5. "TV Addict" is the only one where you can see Demond Clearly Break during a scene where Lynn Hamilton almost does the same thing.

RIP
 
That season with Grady running the house was hilarious. But I forgot about maybe the funniest one in my memory - the Big Money Grip episode.




​

I like how he tells Grip, if you are my father, that's between you and my mama; it don't have anything to do with me. :lol:
 
Back
Top