OL HEADS..HOW MANY OF YOU ARE ON TRT/HGH

kdogg3270

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Saw a add for Hone on Instagram and said fuck it. For $45 let me see where my levels are at now that I’m 40. These are my results. I have no idea how to read it. I think I’m in normal range for 40. I scheduled a consult with one of their doctors to see what’s up. I been back in the gym regular since the beginning of the year hitting the weights. I should be back to 225lb on the benchpress 10 reps by next month easy.

estradiol is a little high (test converting to estrogen, most likely). You want to see that number somewhere in the 20s preferably)
364 is low-normal
any symptoms (compared to when you were younger)?

Famous1

Rising Star
Platinum Member
estradiol is a little high (test converting to estrogen, most likely). You want to see that number somewhere in the 20s preferably)
364 is low-normal
Come on man.. tell that man the truth.
" That's a lot of damn estrogen and he'll probably be lactating within the next two months...

Hey Julian!

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Saw a add for Hone on Instagram and said fuck it. For $45 let me see where my levels are at now that I’m 40. These are my results. I have no idea how to read it. I think I’m in normal range for 40. I scheduled a consult with one of their doctors to see what’s up. I been back in the gym regular since the beginning of the year hitting the weights. I should be back to 225lb on the benchpress 10 reps by next month easy.

364 is low-normal
Got my follow up test. Gym time is working.:cool:

BlackGoku

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Just hitting the gym bro. Ive been vegan for a two weeks too and lost 7lbs since, but Ive been hitting Golds like I was in my 20s. Only supplement is creatine and protein. 5 days a week.

You planning on staying Vegan or is this just to drop weight?

Hey Julian!

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You planning on staying Vegan or is this just to drop weight?
Right now it’s the weight loss that’s keeping me in it. I’m 207lbs now and trying to get under 200. Ideally 190lbs. I think ultimately I’ll go back to meat(pause), but I think I can do a mostly vegan diet and maintain that with a steak or bbq sparingly. No eggs is a killer for me too. I love eggs.

fourthstbully

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
i was pescatarian for over two years then i watched a segment on youtube about maintaining testosterone. anyways, the instructor was saying that a vegan diet is terrible for men over 40. not saying this to hate on you at all, just sharing because i've been there.
i wouldnt mind going back to fish only. i do love eggs too tho.

Right now it’s the weight loss that’s keeping me in it. I’m 207lbs now and trying to get under 200. Ideally 190lbs. I think ultimately I’ll go back to meat(pause), but I think I can do a mostly vegan diet and maintain that with a steak or bbq sparingly. No eggs is a killer for me too. I love eggs.

cashwhisperer

My favorite key is E♭
BGOL Investor
it looks like the video i used to watch is gone, but it was good. basically said every meal you want a protien, a carb, a vegetable and a fruit. but here is the same guy. he speaks on it at the 23 minute mark; says vegan diet doesnt support testosterone.

That's interesting. I'd like to know what carbs do to support testosterone production? I don't see why testosterone levels would be down on a keto diet. The keto macro breakdown is 65% fat, 35% protein and 5% carbs, which is the same breakdown of an egg. Eating saturated animal fat plays a big part in test. production. Carbs provide energy, but if you go into ketosis the body switches to using it's fat stores for energy. Plus if you're doing intermittent fasting it help with testosterone levels. So what am I missing? I'm not arguing his point, I'm just trying to understand his reasoning.

And see, the other thing is that keto is basically this: Stay away from bread/pasta, rice, potatoes and corn (and of course, sugar). Everything else you can pretty much eat. If you're trying to stay healthy, you should avoid the starchy/sugary foods anyway, so how is keto a diet? To me it's just or can be healthy eating.

Last edited:

fourthstbully

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
i could be wrong, but i think the carbs help your workouts, heavy activities.
i used to try to avoid carbs and i would feel tired, sluggish etc. i also wasnt getting enough protein so my issues were probably a combination of lack of carbs and protein. but since i started the testosterone diet, protein, carb, veggie, fruit, my energy levels are fine.
i also used to eat once a day, and i might even go back to that, but with the testosterone diet, i eat three times a day. i didnt realize eating more times keeps your metabolism up.

That's interesting. I'd like to know what carbs do to support testosterone production? I don't see why testosterone levels would be down on a keto diet. The keto macro breakdown is 65% fat, 35% protein and 5% carbs, which is the same breakdown of an egg. Eating saturated animal fat plays a big part in test. production. Carbs provide energy, but if you go into ketosis the body switches to using it's fat stores for energy. Plus if you're doing intermittent fasting it help with testosterone levels. So what am I missing? I'm not arguing his point, I'm just trying to understand his reasoning.

And see, the other thing is that keto is basically this: Stay away from bread/pasta, rice, potatoes and corn (and of course, sugar). Everything else you can pretty much eat. If you're trying to stay healthy, you should avoid the starchy/sugary foods anyway, so how is keto a diet? To me it's just or can be healthy eating.

Hey Julian!

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Before y’all do any TRT make sure you hit the gym and lift weights consistently for 3 months. Get a baseline test first. Creatine and protein, you don’t need anything extra. When I spoke with my doctor on my follow she was like that jump in a few months is incredible. I was knocking on the door of Low T and now I’m above average. I’m gonna do another follow up in 3 months. Weightlifting is the best as you get older for stronger bones and maintaining a good T level. Don’t let them 40s+ catch you off guard. :cool:

kdogg3270

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Got my follow up test. Gym time is working.:cool:

congrats on getting your test numbers up. you still want to lower that estrogen (if you're losing bodyfat that will come down in time) SHBG is on the high end as well. (the high number indicates that your hormones are bound up/not readily available for your body to use). Keep at it bruh :yes:

kdogg3270

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
i was pescatarian for over two years then i watched a segment on youtube about maintaining testosterone. anyways, the instructor was saying that a vegan diet is terrible for men over 40. not saying this to hate on you at all, just sharing because i've been there.
i wouldnt mind going back to fish only. i do love eggs too tho.
likely due to a vegan diet's tendency to leave your body deficient of certain nutrients & complete protein sources. A vegan diet is wonderful for overall health however. just something to consider.

Hey Julian!

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
congrats on getting your test numbers up. you still want to lower that estrogen (if you're losing bodyfat that will come down in time) SHBG is on the high end as well. (the high number indicates that your hormones are bound up/not readily available for your body to use). Keep at it bruh :yes:
Yeah, the doc suggested a supplement called DIM to lower and regulate estrogen levels. I’ll see how it goes and the next test.

Hey Julian!

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
likely due to a vegan diet's tendency to leave your body deficient of certain nutrients & complete protein sources. A vegan diet is wonderful for overall health however. just something to consider.
I’m on a vegan diet right now. I supplement protein with these shakes cause I lift more weights now to maintain the muscle. Also I’m ordered this supplement drink called Athletic Greens. It’s basically a replacement for multivitamins. Next thing I want to check is my micronutrients levels.
2232551_01

kdogg3270

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Yeah, the doc suggested a supplement called DIM to lower and regulate estrogen levels. I’ll see how it goes and the next test.

I, and every person on TRT, takes DIM. it works wonders for that purpose. that will get your estrogen/SHBG numbers lower for sure. it works by freeing up your testosterone/limiting the amount that converts to estrogen. in turn, your free T reading will be higher. Get on DIM for a couple months and get your bloodwork done. Keep us updated.

Mello Mello

Ballz of Adamantium
BGOL Investor
Thinking about trying Dianabol. Anyone ever try it before what was your experience and your results?