Obi-Wan Kenobi (2022) (Official Discussion Thread) New Official trailer 1 (5/4) (Drops 5/27) (SPOILERS)

HotNixon36

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Pretty good show, Leia is definitely like her mother. Obi-Wan was rusty as hell, the hand to hand combat was weak.

uSNwoEABUdUsh3BNYxZxHdWisYPXM8QmKgs4Nag-N_c.jpg

Last edited:

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
The Grand Inquisitor we got more in-depth information on who he is in “Rebels”. For those who did not see it he revealed to Ezra he was a former Jedi Guard at the Jedi Temple and converted to the Darkside. I need to go back and rewatch to remember the details.

Correction.

It was Kanaan who met the Inquisitor at a Jedi Temple he went into looking for guidance.

I definitely gotta go back and rewatch.

There are questions brewing on if he died in this series how did he return in Rebels. Hopefully we get a answer before the series finale.

kingdon777

Salesman of the year!
Platinum Member
I have a new theory, after watching a new hope, I have sneaky suspicion we will see a reboot of the Vader Obi Wan battle in this series. My thinking is that when Vador took a swipe with the sabor at OB, of course he didn’t die, his spirit when on, but how? this series will lay more context behind what happen at that moment.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
I have a new theory, after watching a new hope, I have sneaky suspicion we will see a reboot of the Vader Obi Wan battle in this series. My thinking is that when Vador took a swipe with the sabor at OB, of course he didn’t die, his spirit when on, but how? this series will lay more context behind what happen at that moment.

At the end of episode 3, When the decision was made on Luke and Leia, Yoda told Kenobi about getting in touch with Qui-gon and he will train him. It was mentioned in the recap.

We saw Kenobi try to reach out to Qui-gon, but nothing happened, eventually he will become one with the force like what we saw in episode 4.

And to find out how Yoda gets more connected to the Force, go back and rewatch Clone Wars Season 6 episodes 11 to 13. Also Yoda finds out about Anakin.

I rewatched the entire seasons back in 2020 during lockdown. Highly recommend you cats rewatch Clone Wars, lots of shit i forgot was in that series that relates to what’s going on now in current projects.

Last edited:

kingdon777

Salesman of the year!
Platinum Member
At the end of episode 3, When the decision was made on Luke and Leia, Yoda told Kenobi about getting in touch with Qui-gon and he will train him. It was mentioned in the recap.

We saw Kenobi try to reach out to Qui-gon, but nothing happened, eventually he will become one with the force like what we saw in episode 4.

And to find out how Yoda gets more connected to the Force, go back and rewatch Clone Wars Season 6 episodes 11 to 13. Also Yoda finds out about Anakin.

I rewatched the entire seasons back in 2020 during lockdown. Highly recommend you cats rewatch Clone Wars, lots of shit i forgot was in that series that relates to what’s going on now in current projects.
Thanks! I agree clone wars had way too much stuff happening. Interesting I just finished watching the empire strikes back again, but stop just after Vador discussion with the Sith, again Obi Wan is all in Luke’s head. I will watch the clone wars again tomorrow.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
One thing I noticed with Leia that isn’t being discussed with the SWU is the relationship between humans and droids.

They touched on it in “Solo” with Lando Calirissian and his droid and with Leia and her droid with how she reacted when that snot nose relative talked shit to her and seeing her droid damaged.

In all the movies and series, droids have been depicted as objects and not to have any time thinking about them.

They are slowly showing how some humans develop close relationships with droids. I expect in the near future we will be seeing someone in a intimate relationship with a droid. Not a full blown love scene but showing some form of PDA between each other.

That’s really gonna blow mofos minds. :cool:

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
The Clone Troopers are clones of Jango Fett a Mandalorian bounty hunter, they took down the Jedi Temple with Vader. Jango Fett has killed Jedi before. The storm troopers are regular people, they replaced the clone troopers sometime after episode 3.
I'm glad.you told him because I sure wasn't. All you new comers need to do your research before you go talking shit. Jango Fett was a mandalorian . Mandolorians are equipped and experienced at killing Jedi. They fought wars against Jedi so being that jango was involved with clone trooper training they would also.be adept at killing Jedi.

Darkness's

Registered
Reva Chick can't act.

Kid Leia was annoying AF.

Obi Wan shouldn't have been that weak after only 10 years.

The Grand Inquisitor should have sensed the impending attack from Reva. They should have dueled, and he should have killed her instead.

The tone of the show should have been more gritty, like season 1 of the Mandalorian. It's got the 'kiddy' feminist stink of Kathleen Kennedy on it, like the sequel trilogy, or those colorful vespas on Boba Fett.
obi wan wan cut himself off from the force to hide himself from the empire. He stopped using his oowere he stopped excercizing that's why he was weak.. As for that "kiddy feminist stink" the mandalorian lost it's gtittyness once baby Yoda was introduced. Also sthe star wars franchise was aimed at 12 year olds from the jump. Star wars had silly shit like ewoks, fucking teddy bears with slings and spears, jar-jar Binks, comical robots, pod racing but cyborg teenagers on multicolored scooters are " kiddy" internet star wars fans are a headache and most of the time y'all don't know what the fuck you're complaining about you just parrot the complaints of some other basement dwelling necneck beard.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
obi wan wan cut himself off from the force to hide himself from the empire. He stopped using his oowere he stopped excercizing that's why he was weak.. As for that "kiddy feminist stink" the mandalorian lost it's gtittyness once baby Yoda was introduced. Also sthe star wars franchise was aimed at 12 year olds from the jump. Star wars had silly shit like ewoks, fucking teddy bears with slings and spears, jar-jar Binks, comical robots, pod racing but cyborg teenagers on multicolored scooters are " kiddy" internet star wars fans are a headache and most of the time y'all don't know what the fuck you're complaining about you just parrot the complaints of some other basement dwelling necneck beard.
No one hates star wars more than star wars fans :lol:

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
pretty good start to the series. Ewan McGregor ,Rupert Friend and Joel Edgerton are great,some of the actors have some charm but their acting is a bit wooden. I really enjoy these additional chapters to the Star Wars saga. High praise to everyone behind the sets,alien,creature and SFX work

snark9

Cantankerous Bastid
BGOL Investor

I think you are the one who doesn't know what the fuck that you're talking about.

Mandalorian didn't lose grit with 'baby Yoda'. Just because there is an infantile cute character doesn't mean that the story has to lose grit. In fact, It literally is a story lifted from one of the grittiest Manga series ever, 'Lone Wolf and Cub'.

Lone_Wolf_manga.jpg
piclone-wolf-and-cub-1618597.jpg

It is a myth that Star Wars was exclusively targeted at 12 year olds.
Lucas made it clear that he wanted it to also appeal to children, but the Flash Gordon serials
and Kirosawa films like The Hidden Fortress and Roshamon from which Star Wars is based, was intended to appeal to adult people who grew up watching them, i.e. nostalgia bait for boomers back in 1977.

the-hidden-fortress-md-web.jpg
Rashomon-image.jpg

As far as the Ewoks are concerned, you've taken the worst aspects from weakest film in the original trilogy, and are suggesting that it represents Star Wars as it should be. People who think that are the reason the franchise stinks, outside of the animated shows, The Mandalorian, and the first two films.

Sit the fuck down, bitch-made MF.

Last edited:

Darkness's

Registered
I think you are the one who doesn't know what the fuck that you're talking about.

Mandalorian didn't lose grit with 'baby Yoda'. Just because there is an infantile cute character doesn't mean that the story has to lose grit. In fact, It literally is a story lifted from one of the grittiest Manga series ever, 'Lone Wolf and Cub'.

Lone_Wolf_manga.jpg
piclone-wolf-and-cub-1618597.jpg

It is a myth that Star Wars was exclusively targeted at 12 year olds.
Lucas made it clear that he wanted it to also appeal to children, but the Flash Gordon serials
and Kirosawa films like The Hidden Fortress and Roshamon from which Star Wars is based, was intended to appeal to adult people who grew up watching them, i.e. nostalgia bait for boomers back in 1977.

the-hidden-fortress-md-web.jpg
Rashomon-image.jpg

As far as the Ewoks are concerned, you've taken the worst aspects from weakest film in the original trilogy, and are suggesting that it represents Star Wars as it should be. People who think that are the reason the franchise stinks, outside of the animated shows, The Mandalorian, and the first two films.

Sit the fuck down, bitch-made MF.
Suck my dick neck beard faggot

snark9

Cantankerous Bastid
BGOL Investor
Suck my dick neck beard faggot

You inviting MFs to 'suck your dick', but I'm supposed to be the faggot?

Fuck outta here.

You got me confused with ol boy who fiddles with your turd-cutter.

I'm over here talking about Star Wars, and the next thing I know, you over here tryin to get blow-jobs from dudes!!?
Maybe this whole thing was you tryna lace your faggotry game.

Last edited:

Darkness's

Registered
You inviting MFs to 'suck your dick', but I'm supposed to be the faggot?

Fuck outta here.

You got me confused with ol boy who fiddles with your turd-cutter.
I'm not.even reading that. I've had enough of you into the ignore like you go with the rest of the sucka ass niggas . Good-bye

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered

We finally get an accurate depiction of black women being part of the dark side, cunning, and devious.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

"I can no longer stand the reek of your ambition"
"Who is in the gutter now"

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
The Clone Troopers are clones of Jango Fett a Mandalorian bounty hunter, they took down the Jedi Temple with Vader. Jango Fett has killed Jedi before. The storm troopers are regular people, they replaced the clone troopers sometime after episode 3.
Oh please, then the Empire replaced them with storm troopers who cant shoot for shit?

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Oh please, then the Empire replaced them with storm troopers who cant shoot for shit?

Original Stormtroopers were volunteers who swore absolute allegiance to the Emperor and Empire. They are covering it in “The Bad Batch”.

Later they did the draft for children, similar to how Jedi drafted Padawans. That was shown in “Rebels”.

And as we saw in Episode 7, the Empire is not drafting top quality recruits with how we saw Finn depicted as a complete moron.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
With the Grand Inquisitor taking a straight stab of the lightsaber.

Folks getting worked up thinking he is dead and Disney fucked up Canon. All we saw was him drop.

If folks been paying attention to Star Wars with everything from Episode 1 to Episode 9…how many mofos have we seen “Die” and come back?

Qui-Gonn died and came back thru the Force.

Darth Maul we saw get chopped in half and came back with mechanical legs.

Anakin was left to die with limbs cut off and caught fire, he came back with mechanical arms and legs and a protective suit.

Obi-Won gets cut down and joins the Force.

Fennec gets blasted and brought back with mechanical parts.

Cobb gets blasted by Cade Bane and we saw him in a tank and receiving mechanical parts.

Leia gets sucked out into the vacuum of space and should have instantly died and manages to pull herself back into the ship using the Force.

And Palpatine gets thrown down a shaft and returns in Episode 9.

Good chance The Grand Inquisitor was picked up and set up with mechanical parts allowing him to be seen in “Rebels”. Or he was Cloned.

We will find out.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
With the Grand Inquisitor taking a straight stab of the lightsaber.

Folks getting worked up thinking he is dead and Disney fucked up Canon. All we saw was him drop.

If folks been paying attention to Star Wars with everything from Episode 1 to Episode 9…how many mofos have we seen “Die” and come back?

Qui-Gonn died and came back thru the Force.

Darth Maul we saw get chopped in half and came back with mechanical legs.

Anakin was left to die with limbs cut off and caught fire, he came back with mechanical arms and legs and a protective suit.

Obi-Won gets cut down and joins the Force.

Fennec gets blasted and brought back with mechanical parts.

Cobb gets blasted by Cade Bane and we saw him in a tank and receiving mechanical parts.

Leia gets sucked out into the vacuum of space and should have instantly died and manages to pull herself back into the ship using the Force.

And Palpatine gets thrown down a shaft and returns in Episode 9.

Good chance The Grand Inquisitor was picked up and set up with mechanical parts allowing him to be seen in “Rebels”. Or he was Cloned.

We will find out.
If I recall correctly, the Grand Inquisitor's species has two stomachs. He'll be back.

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
I'm glad.you told him because I sure wasn't. All you new comers need to do your research before you go talking shit. Jango Fett was a mandalorian . Mandolorians are equipped and experienced at killing Jedi. They fought wars against Jedi so being that jango was involved with clone trooper training they would also.be adept at killing Jedi.
The conversion from Clone troopers to regular human troopers was covered in The Bad Batch series

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member

sometimes a franchise needs to grow with its audience.

star wars is failing to realize that in some of its projects.

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
Or you're failing to realize you might not be the target audience anymore.

i absolutely agree.

i was thinking this same thing in relation to the MCU the other day. MCU movies may not be opening weekend events for me any longer.

with that said i think these movie studios are missing out on growing an audience while still catering to the audience that made the franchise.

for instance, top gun: maverick made sure to grow with its audience while still picking up a younger fanbase. if anything top gun: maverick reinvigorated my movie going experience. it was one of the best movies i have seen in a long time, MCU movies included.

this "smart quippy kid banter and sjw bullshit" is only going to go so far. and it is one of the reasons i may soon be tapping out of the MCU.

if DC could get its act together and decide once and for all to back zach snyder they could compete with the MCU. but they want the "smart quippy kid banter and sjw bullshit" money too.

star wars had a good thing going with rogue one, the mandalorian and now obi-wan so far. they need to make more like that.

Last edited:

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Not sure if you cats remember, but a great surprise cameo would be Ventress as live action.

Asajj-Ventress_d5ca9413.jpeg

Ol’ Gurl handled Anakin and Kenobi many times and gave them some good battles. I can see her coming back and helping Kenobi and going against Reva.

We have yet to see a live action female to female lightsaber fight.

Ventress turned away from the Darkside after Dooku kicked her to the curb and returned to the NightSisters. They also would make a good cameo also in live action.

Also, with Star Wars making it routine to bring back dead characters, another cat who might be alive somehow at this point is Darth Maul’s brother Savage Oppress.

That cat was a beast in Clone Wars. He took on Dooku and Ventress and kicked their ass There was one battle with Kenobi and Anakin where Savage/Maul kicked their ass and Anakin and Obi had to make a run for it.

He never fully turned to the Darkside, he could be lurking out there if alive and possibly come to Kenobi’s aid.

databank_savageopress_01_169_02e79834.jpeg

Ventress with the dual lightsabers and Savage with the double blade going against Inquisitor’s…..I don’t know… that might be too much for folks to handle.

HaHa!!!:cool:

It’s obvious somebody is gonna come in and help Kenobi. He can’t take on Vader and the Inquisitor’s alone with him being distracted over Luke and Leila’s safety.