Obi-Wan Kenobi (2022) (Official Discussion Thread) New Official trailer 1 (5/4) (Drops 5/27) (SPOILERS)

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Not sure if you cats remember, but a great surprise cameo would be Ventress as live action.

Asajj-Ventress_d5ca9413.jpeg

Ol’ Gurl handled Anakin and Kenobi many times and gave them some good battles. I can see her coming back and helping Kenobi and going against Reva.

We have yet to see a live action female to female lightsaber fight.

Ventress turned away from the Darkside after Dooku kicked her to the curb and returned to the NightSisters. They also would make a good cameo also in live action.

Also, with Star Wars making it routine to bring back dead characters, another cat who might be alive somehow at this point is Darth Maul’s brother Savage Oppress.

That cat was a beast in Clone Wars. He took on Dooku and Ventress and kicked their ass There was one battle with Kenobi and Anakin where Savage/Maul kicked their ass and Anakin and Obi had to make a run for it.

He never fully turned to the Darkside, he could be lurking out there if alive and possibly come to Kenobi’s aid.

databank_savageopress_01_169_02e79834.jpeg

Ventress with the dual lightsabers and Savage with the double blade going against Inquisitor’s…..I don’t know… that might be too much for folks to handle.

HaHa!!!:cool:

It’s obvious somebody is gonna come in and help Kenobi. He can’t take on Vader and the Inquisitor’s alone with him being distracted over Luke and Leila’s safety.
Savage and Night Sisters are dead - dead

Tyranus & Sidious confirm their kills

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
Or you're failing to realize you might not be the target audience anymore.
Understandable. But I just don't get how they managed to fuck up the last movies when they had all the source material. No need to turn off fans who grew up on it. A lot of old fans apprehensive with Disney and rightfully so.

Cobra Kai is an example of attracting a new audience while keeping the old -- so far. They could fuck it up at any given time.

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
Understandable. But I just don't get how they managed to fuck up the last movies when they had all the source material. No need to turn off fans who grew up on it. A lot of old fans apprehensive with Disney and rightfully so.

Cobra Kai is an example of attracting a new audience while keeping the old -- so far. They could fuck it up at any given time.

The last movies were just terrible all around. Agree with Cobra Kai.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
sometimes a franchise needs to grow with its audience.

star wars is failing to realize that in some of its projects.
Or you're failing to realize you might not be the target audience anymore.

It’s far from that.

Folks forget that George Lucas sat on Star Wars for 30 plus years and did absolutely nothing with the franchise.

The primary Skywalker saga should have concluded by 1990 with the prequels and episodes 4 to 6.

The 1990s should have been focused on filling in the plotholes of episodes 1 to 6. Then in the 2000s bring in new characters and plots along with closing out Luke, Leia and Solo’s characters.

George then could have cashed out the franchise in 2010 to Disney allowing Disney to pickup where he left off.

What Disney has to do now is clean up his Fuckin’ mess.

If Disney had just ignored what George did and did a complete reboot of the franchise. It would have made more of a mess of everything and confused folks, especially long time fans.

So they did episode’s 7-9 to formally close out the main characters Luke, Leia and Solo. That’s basically what those 3 films were about.

Everything else they have done with these live action series, movies like Solo and Rogue One and animated series, their primary purpose is to fill in the and clean up George’s mess.

Looking at how they are progressing, it’s probably gonna take about a good 5 to 10 years from today to clean up his mess along with introducing new characters and storylines.

Just watch Episodes 1 thru 6 back to back that George did. It’s nothing but a big major “What The Fuck Is This Shit?”

Every movie introduces a minimum of 20 unanswered questions and a shit loads of plotholes. They are a complete mess and you will wonder how the Fuck any of that shit got the green light.

I applaud Disney for what they are doing.

Everything they are doing should have been done 20 years ago.

All we can do now is sit and enjoy what’s being made.

Cuz if George still owned the properties, we would have only gotten a minimum of 3 movies since 2000 with his ass.

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
It’s far from that.

Folks forget that George Lucas sat on Star Wars for 30 plus years and did absolutely nothing with the franchise.

The primary Skywalker saga should have concluded by 1990 with the prequels and episodes 4 to 6.

The 1990s should have been focused on filling in the plotholes of episodes 1 to 6. Then in the 2000s bring in new characters and plots along with closing out Luke, Leia and Solo’s characters.

George then could have cashed out the franchise in 2010 to Disney allowing Disney to pickup where he left off.

If Disney had just ignored what George did and did a complete reboot of the franchise. It would have made more of a mess of everything and confused folks, especially long time fans.

So they did episode’s 7-9 to formally close out the main characters Luke, Leia and Solo. That’s basically what those 3 films were about.

Everything else they have done with these live action series, movies like Solo and Rogue One and animated series, their primary purpose is to fill in the and clean up George’s mess.

Looking at how they are progressing, it’s probably gonna take about a good 5 to 10 years from today to clean up his mess along with introducing new characters and storylines.

Just watch Episodes 1 thru 6 back to back that George did. It’s nothing but a big major “What The Fuck Is This Shit?”

Every movie introduces a minimum of 20 unanswered questions and a shit loads of plotholes. They are a complete mess and you will wonder how the Fuck any of that shit got the green light.

Cuz if George still owned the properties, we would have only gotten a minimum of 3 movies since 2000 with his ass.

Back when the OG trilogy came out, there was no internet for niggas to geek out and obsess over every little detail. We just watched them shits and loved them. There has still never been anything released with the impact of The Empire Strikes back imo.

It's often said they were the best bad movies ever made. They weren't trying to make a meticulously crafted Universe. They were just telling a story for people to enjoy.

I watched the movies and wanted to fly my own spaceship and have my own lightsaber. I wasn't sitting around wondering IF THE EMPIRE WAS SO ADVANCED WHY DIDN'T THEY HAVE 2 DEATHSTARS????????

it's a different time. No one watches anything for the wonder of it anymore. Everyone looks for reasons not to like it. (Niggas in here talking about the acting as if this is Shakespeare lmao)

The Force was a million times more enjoyable when it was just this mystical magical energy before people tried to explain and define every single thing about how it works.

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
i absolutely agree.

i was thinking this same thing in relation to the MCU the other day. MCU movies may not be opening weekend events for me any longer.

with that said i think these movie studios are missing out on growing an audience while still catering to the audience that made the franchise.

for instance, top gun: maverick made sure to grow with its audience while still picking up a younger fanbase. if anything top gun: maverick reinvigorated my movie going experience. it was one of the best movies i have seen in a long time, MCU movies included.

this "smart quippy kid banter and sjw bullshit" is only going to go so far. and it is one of the reasons i may soon be tapping out of the MCU.

if DC could get its act together and decide once and for all to back zach snyder they could compete with the MCU. but they want the "smart quippy kid banter and sjw bullshit" money too.

star wars had a good thing going with rogue one, the mandalorian and now obi-wan so far. they need to make more like that.
I'm watched the first 40 minutes of Ragnarok the day and they really messed up thirds character. They basically turned him into peter quill or tony Stark's. They turned him from a god to a dude bro. They should've made him the straight man and let everybody else be the comedy foil. Jeff goldblum as the grandmaster pretty much had that covered. All they had to do to improve the third franchise was improve the action and provide a better villian with a larger adventure which was what Ragnarok did but it really didn't need to be that much of a comedy. There was no weight to the story. It's Ragnarok third homeworks was destroyed and he lost his father there was barely any grief. I also have that the main supporting cast was killed off Heimdall and the warriors three to bring in this ragtag group I don't care much about . I don't like korg but where the hell is reek. Valkyrie is ok though.

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm watched the first 40 minutes of Ragnarok the day and they really messed up thirds character. They basically turned him into peter quill or tony Stark's. They turned him from a god to a dude bro. They should've made him the straight man and let everybody else be the comedy foil. Jeff goldblum as the grandmaster pretty much had that covered. All they had to do to improve the third franchise was improve the action and provide a better villian with a larger adventure which was what Ragnarok did but it really didn't need to be that much of a comedy. There was no weight to the story. It's Ragnarok third homeworks was destroyed and he lost his father there was barely any grief. I also have that the main supporting cast was killed off Heimdall and the warriors three to bring in this ragtag group I don't care much about . I don't like korg but where the hell is reek. Valkyrie is ok though.
Hemsworth wanted the change.
He was bored with the character and ready to move on if they didn't do something different

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So basically Star Wars is a wack series of movies. It is essentially garbage that was really really popular.

It’s far from that.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Back when the OG trilogy came out, there was no internet for niggas to geek out and obsess over every little detail. We just watched them shits and loved them. There has still never been anything released with the impact of The Empire Strikes back imo.

It's often said they were the best bad movies ever made. They weren't trying to make a meticulously crafted Universe. They were just telling a story for people to enjoy.

I watched the movies and wanted to fly my own spaceship and have my own lightsaber. I wasn't sitting around wondering IF THE EMPIRE WAS SO ADVANCED WHY DIDN'T THEY HAVE 2 DEATHSTARS????????

it's a different time. No one watches anything for the wonder of it anymore. Everyone looks for reasons not to like it. (Niggas in here talking about the acting as if this is Shakespeare lmao)

The Force was a million times more enjoyable when it was just this mystical magical energy before people tried to explain and define every single thing about how it works.

Agree.

I saw Star Wars in the theaters back in the summer of 1977 at the age of 7.

It was something completely different from any Sci-Fi I had seen at the time at my age.

Episodes 5 and 6 stood out cuz even at their release in the 1980s, there really wasn’t any other Sci-Fi flicks that came close to it.

Today we got shit on streaming services on our TV that rival or is even better than Star Wars. I think that is also bringing on so much of the hate that is coming out on these projects.

Like I pointed out earlier, cuz of George Lucas, I have lost 30+ years of potential good Star Wars projects. During those 30+ years all I got was the “Star Wars Holiday Special” and when Star Wars showed up on “The Muppet Show”.

How many of you old heads remember these?

This is what I had to deal with back in the day.

That’s why you won’t see me complaining on what’s coming out. I’m 51 years old. Give me everything you got Disney, the clock is ticking! :cool:

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
Agree.

I saw Star Wars in the theaters back in the summer of 1977 at the age of 7.

It was something completely different from any Sci-Fi I had seen at the time at my age.

Episodes 5 and 6 stood out cuz even at their release in the 1980s, there really wasn’t any other Sci-Fi flicks that came close to it.

Today we got shit on streaming services on our TV that rival or is even better than Star Wars. I think that is also bringing on so much of the hate that is coming out on these projects.

Like I pointed out earlier, cuz of George Lucas, I have lost 30+ years of potential good Star Wars projects. During those 30+ years all I got was the “Star Wars Holiday Special” and when Star Wars showed up on “The Muppet Show”.

How many of you old heads remember these?

This is what I had to deal with back in the day.

That’s why you won’t see me complaining on what’s coming out. I’m 51 years old. Give me everything you got Disney, the clock is ticking! :cool:

I'm glad we're getting content too.

I'm just enjoying the ride.

grownazzblakman

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Kid Leia was annoying AF.

Obi Wan shouldn't have been that weak after only 10 years.

The tone of the show should have been more gritty, like season 1 of the Mandalorian. It's got the 'kiddy' feminist stink of Kathleen Kennedy on it, like the sequel trilogy, or those colorful vespas on Boba Fett.
Thank You!!

Totally agree on these 3 points.

I actually like the Reva character overall. So I don't have any complaints about her....
But I cannot stand that Kid Leia character. :hmm:

This little chic is like 6 years old.... pretending to be 10 years old... and all these grown-ass adults cannot catch her in a simple foot race. :hmm:

She ain't got no blazing footspeed at all... so they should be able to catch her in just 3 or 4 adult strides.

All these 30-second-long foot chases with this slow-ass Kindergarten child..... are just aggravating to watch. :hmm:

After the first 2 episodes... it feels like this show is more of a 'kiddie story' about Star Wars..... and Obi-Wan is just a side character.

Not the main protagonist.

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
Thank You!!

Totally agree on these 3 points.

I actually like the Reva character overall. So I don't have any complaints about her....
But I cannot stand that Kid Leia character. :hmm:

This little chic is like 6 years old.... pretending to be 10 years old... and all these grown-ass adults cannot catch her in a simple foot race. :hmm:

She ain't got no blazing footspeed at all... so they should be able to catch her in just 3 or 4 adult strides.

All these 30-second-long foot chases with this slow-ass Kindergarten child..... are just aggravating to watch. :hmm:

After the first 2 episodes... it feels like this show is more of a 'kiddie story' about Star Wars..... and Obi-Wan is just a side character.

Not the main protagonist.

Except the only reason Leia even matters so far is to set a trap for Obi Wan.

grownazzblakman

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Niggas are watching a show about space wizards and laser swords but the the shit that they can't believe is that a little girl got away on foot...and never even thinking that maybe the Force was with her...considering who she is.
I never criticized the parkour backflips that Reva was doing.... nor did I ever criticize the lazer swords... nor did I criticize space wizards.

I criticized the fact that grown-ass adults could NOT catch a slow-ass little girl.... on foot.

Those chase scenes are absolutely TERRIBLE. :hmm:
It ain't got jack shit to do with Kid Leia being able to use the force, or not.

Those goons were tripping over themselves. Literally. :hmm:
And that one guy ran into a tree branch... in the middle of broad daylight.... instead of ducking it. :hmm:

Don't defend that fuckery by making excuses, Bruh. :hmm:

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
I never criticized the parkour backflips that Reva was doing.... nor did I ever criticize the lazer swords... nor did I criticize space wizards.

I criticized the fact that grown-ass adults could NOT catch a slow-ass little girl.... on foot.

And that one guy ran into a tree branch... in the middle of broad daylight.... instead of ducking it. :hmm:

They were trying too hard with her, especially when they tried to make her similar to her biological mother that she has never met.

Big Tex

BGOL Investor

When Anakin was her age he was busting grown ass adults asses in podracing.

But hey you can sit there and be vexxed that some fictional aliens didn't have the amount of dexterity you thought they should have LMAO.

Like seriously who give a fuck. Dudes are some withered up bitter mothafukas if this is the shit that vexed the fuck out of you :lol:

Seriously, listen to yourself "Grown ass black man"

"Those goons were tripping over themselves. Literally. :hmm:
And that one guy ran into a tree branch... in the middle of broad daylight.... instead of ducking it. :hmm:"

All of the Leia chase scenes were MAYBE 1 minute of the 2 hours of show. And it has you mad as fuck lol.

grownazzblakman

Rising Star
Platinum Member
When Anakin was her age he was busting grown ass adults asses in podracing.

But hey you can sit there and be vexxed that some fictional aliens didn't have the amount of dexterity you thought they should have LMAO.

Like seriously who give a fuck. Dudes are some withered up bitter mothafukas if this is the shit that vexed the fuck out of you :lol:

Seriously, listen to yourself "Grown ass black man"

"Those goons were tripping over themselves. Literally. :hmm:
And that one guy ran into a tree branch... in the middle of broad daylight.... instead of ducking it. :hmm:"

All of the Leia chase scenes were MAYBE 1 minute of the 2 hours of show. And it has you mad as fuck lol.
Anakin and pod-racing has absolutely nothing to do with THIS show. :hmm:

Every time you respond.... you keep making up all kinds of dumbass excuses for PISS-POOR DIRECTING of action scenes that should've been left completely out of the show. :hmm:

Lemme help you out...

- Kid Leia is supposed to be 10 years old...
- But she looks like she's about 6...
- And she runs like a toddler...

So in order for grown-ass adults to be UNABLE to catch her... everyone has to be portrayed as goofy buffoons who lack ANY dexterity at all... which completely breaks the "suspension of disbelief" required to even watch the show, in the first place.

But worst of all.... they also made the LEAD CHARACTER look like a complete buffoon also :hmm: ... in order to make the Maguffin more elusive.

Wait a second... Obi-Wan has mastered the force.... fought Darth Maul to the death.... and he can implant thoughts into people's minds & make them do his bidding... But he can't even catch a toddler who cannot run faster than a senior citizen?? He can't even use the force to make her stop running in her tracks?? But he CAN use the force to stop her falling from a rooftop??

That's Terrible Screenwriting. And even worse execution, on screen.

I complained about those chase scenes (because they sucked & everyone else can agree about that)... but YOU steady complaining about me pointing out that those scenes sucked. Nah Bruh, that doesn't make me bitter... that just makes you a STAN for the bullshit scenes on the show.

Put the cape away.

Nobody wants to hear you defend such piss-poor execution of action scenes. :hmm:

Darkness's

Registered

Every time you respond.... you keep making up all kinds of dumbass excuses for PISS-POOR DIRECTING of action scenes that should've been left completely out of the show. :hmm:

Lemme help you out...

So in order for grown-ass adults to be UNABLE to catch her... everyone has to be portrayed as goofy buffoons who lack ANY dexterity at all... which completely breaks the "suspension of disbelief" required to even watch the show, in the first place.

But worst of all.... they also made the LEAD CHARACTER look like a complete buffoon also :hmm: ... in order to make the Maguffin more elusive.

Wait a second... Obi-Wan has mastered the force.... fought Darth Maul to the death.... and he can implant thoughts into people's minds & make them do his bidding... But he can't even catch a toddler who cannot run faster than a senior citizen?? He can't even use the force to make her stop running in her tracks?? But he CAN use the force to stop her falling from a rooftop??

I complained about those chase scenes (because they sucked & everyone else can agree about that)... but YOU steady complaining about me pointing out that those scenes sucked. Nah Bruh, that doesn't make me bitter... that just makes you a STAN for the bullshit scenes on the show.

Put the cape away.

Nobody wants to hear you defend such piss-poor execution of action scenes. :hmm:
You know what just stop watching the show. If you don't like it just stop right where you are problem solved. It's not going to ever meet your high expectation because to you star wars needs to be Shakespearean when star wars is meant to be nothing more than fun pop corn flick. Star wars fans are the hardest wives to please. I said wives on purpose because nothing is ever good enough for them. I love star wars so I guess that disqualifies me from being a fan.

grownazzblakman

Rising Star
Platinum Member
You know what just stop watching the show. If you don't like it just stop right where you are problem solved. It's not going to ever meet your high expectation because to you star wars needs to be Shakespearean when star wars is meant to be nothing more than fun pop corn flick. Star wars fans are the hardest wives to please. I said wives on purpose because nothing is ever good enough for them. I love star wars so I guess that disqualifies me from being a fan.
So you think I have 'high standards'.... and I need Star Wars to be 'Shakespearean'...... just because I don't want to see TODDLERS outrun adults, huh?

Everything on THIS show is perfect, huh?

I bet you thought anyone who HATED the Jar-Jar Binks character should've stopped watching "The Phantom Menace" because they wanted Star Wars to be more "Shakespearean", huh? Because Star Wars was just meant to be nothing more than a pop-corn flick, right? So nobody should've criticized that character either, right?

You sound like another Star Wars Stan.
Constantly making silly excuses for dumb shit. :hmm:

Darkness's

Registered
So you think I have 'high standards'.... and I need Star Wars to be 'Shakespearean'...... just because I don't want to see TODDLERS outrun adults, huh?

I bet you thought anyone who HATED the Jar-Jar Binks character should've stopped watching "The Phantom Menace" because they wanted Star Wars to be more "Shakespearean", huh? Because Star Wars was just meant to be nothing more than a pop-corn flick, right? So nobody should've criticized that character either, right?

Shut up you can bitch all you want those of us who enjoy the show will continue to do so . You're a "grownazzblackman" crying over a franchise that was made to sell toys to kids. Grow the fuck up. You silly geek.

Last edited:

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator
So going through this thread, the shit that has BGOL pissed off.....

The women and girls...

:smh:

You niggas are the worst.

n they really think their negative shit gonna make u not watch the next ep ...

when their asses gonna b like this on ep 3 ...:scared:

just to race in this shit soon as it`s over with more of their negative shit ...:lol:

Big Tex

BGOL Investor

Jar Jar Binks was some legit fuckery. You're crying because a 10 year old with knowledge of the woods around her home was able to avoid some strangers FOR A FEW SECONDS.

I mean they captured her. They caught her. So your whole point is dumb.

Big Tex

BGOL Investor

Lemme help you out...

Put the cape away.

I got news for you, explosions and noise can't happen in space. Lightsabers can't physically exist, and there's no religion that can suddenly make you able to float object and jump over buildings.

None of that breaks your "suspension of disbelief"

But the fact that a 10 year old avoids capture for 30 seconds is too much. Obi Wan is trying to catch her with multiple people shooting at him while trying not to use the Force to avoid detection. He's not trying to start a new rebellion, he just wants to rescue her and go back to his life.

You're the only one thinking her running is an action scene. It was already pointed out that Obi Wan was avoiding using the Force to not be detected. If he was going to be going around using the force and being sensed by the inquisitors, he could have just started lightsabering people.

You noticed how Reva was close to him on Tattooine and couldn't sense him, because he had separated himself from the Force, but after he used the Force to save Leia, Reva COULD sense him.

You're literally sitting here mad as fuck about the run speed of a child. That only takes up a minute of screen time, and she doesn't escape or avoid anything with it.

I don't mind criticism of any show. I criticize shows. But yours is silly.

Last edited: