Obi-Wan Kenobi (2022) (Official Discussion Thread) New Official trailer 1 (5/4) (Drops 5/27) (SPOILERS)

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
What if the true leader - Vader - has given her a special task? What if he told her, forget all the dumb shit. I...want...obi wan...?
no

cause then no one would have even dreamt of getting in her way...
Inquisitors are terrified of Vader

if she said Vader ordered me xxx...

all conversation ends

wrong i dont hate female in power if it was true but im saying its not believable in alot of these movies and shows..as for your theory vader is in a glass bottle healing remember he isnt a true darth vader yet this is 10 months after he cut him up in the lava pit..in the movie they made him darth vader like right after the lava pit but he is in the water healing then they will make him darth vader...i mean thats what i got from the show so maybe vaders orders isnt coming from him yet..
after ep3 -Vader was always Vader
Vader had no down time... Palpatine got him in life support armor as soon as they were on Corrusant
and then kept him working

Darrkman

Hollis, Queens = Center of the Universe
BGOL Investor
Dudes in this thread complaining about a good looking Black woman in the show.

Some of your nerds in here are extra weird.

Anyway I thought the two episodes were good. Can't want to see how Ben Kenobi handles seeing Anakin again. I bet they both got PTSD issues.

EyYmcsU.jpeg

Darrkman

BGOL Investor
If it is her then she most likely hates I I wan for letting Anakin fall to the darkside and betraying the jedi

I think that's where they're gonna go with it.

She got forced to the dark side and we already saw they treat her like shit. She blames Obi-Wan for it.

Chuck_Luck

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Alot of hate on this board for the only sister on the show.

My only problem is that I wish they had given her a different hairstyle.

Now I have to believe between chasing runaway jedi she getting her hair did at the local cantina.

Oh and Leigha being the fastest 10 year old in the galaxy. The kid could do the Kessel run in 3 parcecs.

Shadow

The Dark Lord
BGOL Investor
That tweet is wrong. Obi wan sent that coded message after the temple attsck

she could have survived and possibly been pulled out at any time if that message was not sent when it was.

that’s assuming that is Reva. I believe it was though…

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member
That child actress who plays "L'il Leia" is ADORABLE and HILARIOUS!

Moses Ingram on the other hand,
Sista acting is trying to hard to be a memorable villain.
And she comes off kind of bogus and weak.

Darrkman

BGOL Investor
I kind of liked the idea of the empire being nazi like without saying it

In a lot of the books and other stuff they were talked about how the emperor was racist against any nonhumans. Granted they did it because they had to show why there were so many humans because they couldn't afford costumes but they kind of hinted at it.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
I kind of liked the idea of the empire being nazi like without saying it
I have a hard time accepting a Fascist government employing and assigning positions of power to women.

I understand how in the OG films, they had the Empire full of old CACs…. But with the recent new Disney take of the Empire era (and First Order) command, adding women to their ranks just comes off as forced.

The rebels, yes, they always had women in their roster. The Empire should not. Just comes off weird and forced by Disney.

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That child actress who plays "L'il Leia" is ADORABLE and HILARIOUS!

Moses Ingram on the other hand,
Sista acting is trying to hard to be a memorable villain.
And she comes off kind of bogus and weak.
Agree with all of this.

I love they got a Black actress to play that role, but I agree, she doesn't quite have the look of villainess and it comes off forced. She does OK though.

yureeka9

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Anyway I thought the two episodes were good. Can't want to see how Ben Kenobi handles seeing Anakin again. I bet they both got PTSD issues.

EyYmcsU.jpeg

Am I the only one that kept looking at how her titties filled out that uniform? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member

EyYmcsU.jpeg

Her appearance has nothing to do with the fact that she was horribly miscast and delivers performances equivalent to a villian in a 1970's Superfriends episode.

tajshan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Might be wrong about the message, but I think that's her in the Order 66 scene.

"The series will also show how Reva almost perished during Order 66 and was subsequently forced into her Inquisitor position by the Empire. According to MakingStarWars, these scenes will not only allow viewers to understand Reva better, but will help explain why McGregor’s Obi-Wan empathizes with her."
I think suspect that black girl at the beginning :hmm: - could very well be her too....

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
I have a hard time accepting a Fascist government employing and assigning positions of power to women.

I understand how in the OG films, they had the Empire full of old CACs…. But with the recent new Disney take of the Empire era (and First Order) command, adding women to their ranks just comes off as forced.

The rebels, yes, they always had women in their roster. The Empire should not. Just comes off weird and forced by Disney.
Sigh

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Might be wrong about the message, but I think that's her in the Order 66 scene.

"The series will also show how Reva almost perished during Order 66 and was subsequently forced into her Inquisitor position by the Empire. According to MakingStarWars, these scenes will not only allow viewers to understand Reva better, but will help explain why McGregor’s Obi-Wan empathizes with her."

Thanks.

At first I suspected she was the sister to the Black kid that Ezra met at the Stormtrooper Academy. He mentioned his sister was taken from the academy but he didn’t know why. I suspected they found out she was force sensitive.

But I remembered “Rebels” takes place after this series.

Zare-Jai-and-Ezra.png

22676020.jpg

slowmotion

Rising Star
Registered
Agree with all of this.

I love they got a Black actress to play that role, but I agree, she doesn't quite have the look of villainess and it comes off forced. She does OK though.

Exactly..I'm not hating on the sister. I just don't think she has the acting range for that particular role. At least not the way they are wanting her to portray the character. I think she would've been better off cast as a Jedi, without having to worry about trying to come across as being an angry, evil villain. She could still be bad ass, just with less focus trying to be evil. lol

Last edited:

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Exactly..I'm not hating on the sister. I just don't thin she has the acting range for that particular role. At least not the way they are wanting her to portray the character. I think she would've been better off cast as a Jedi, without having to worry about trying to come across as being an angry, evil villain. She could still be bad ass, just with less focus trying to be evil. lol
Well put....

Adroit

Rising Star
Registered
I think she would come off better if they showed her being conflicted about carrying out the empire's orders.

Empire

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My issue with Reva/Third Sister is that she's presented like an angry black woman instead of an angry Third Sister. Why isn't her skin white like the rest of the inquisitors?

According to this channel, Reva was one of the younglings during Order 66.

snark9

Cantankerous Bastid
BGOL Investor
Reva Chick can't act.

Kid Leia was annoying AF.

Obi Wan shouldn't have been that weak after only 10 years.

The Grand Inquisitor should have sensed the impending attack from Reva. They should have dueled, and he should have killed her instead.

The tone of the show should have been more gritty, like season 1 of the Mandalorian. It's got the 'kiddy' feminist stink of Kathleen Kennedy on it, like the sequel trilogy, or those colorful vespas on Boba Fett.

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
My issue with Reva/Third Sister is that she's presented like an angry black woman instead of an angry Third Sister. Why isn't her skin white like the rest of the inquisitors?

According to this channel, Reva was one of the younglings during Order 66.

Stfu

kingdon777

Salesman of the year!
Platinum Member
watch the two episodes again, a new hope makes a hell of sense now to me, as a kid I glazed over the bone action, too boring. But now, I am looking a oBi Wan in a different way, listening to every word.

Question: who was OBI Wan talking about when mentions a woman who died to Leia?

anyone catch that?

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
watch the two episodes again, a new hope makes a hell of sense now to me, as a kid I glazed over the bone action, too boring. But now, I am looking a oBi Wan in a different way, listening to every word.

Question: who was OBI Wan talking about when mentions a woman who died to Leia?

anyone catch that?
Her mom, Padme

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
Reva Chick can't act.

Kid Leia was annoying AF.

Obi Wan shouldn't have been that weak after only 10 years.

The Grand Inquisitor should have sensed the impending attack from Reva. They should have dueled, and he should have killed her instead.

The tone of the show should have been more gritty, like season 1 of the Mandalorian. It's got the 'kiddy' feminist stink of Kathleen Kennedy on it, like the sequel trilogy, or those colorful vespas on Boba Fett.

The Jedi are holy men not bounty hunters.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Not understanding why you cats getting worked up over the Sister.

She is a new character in the SWU. She most likely will be in future series and movies, so there will be plenty of time for character development.

Also, she is Sith. All the Sith we have seen in live action have been dull in their presentation and acting with Vader, Sidious and Maul. It’s probably how their characters are to be presented to show them different from Jedi.

We got good in-depth of Maul’s character in “Rebels” than other Sith.

The Grand Inquisitor we got more in-depth information on who he is in “Rebels”. For those who did not see it he revealed to Ezra he was a former Jedi Guard at the Jedi Temple and converted to the Darkside. I need to go back and rewatch to remember the details.

He isn’t as truly evil as he was presented, similar to Vader to some degree. That’s why his actions seemed different.