Obi-Wan Kenobi (2022) (Official Discussion Thread) New Official trailer 1 (5/4) (Drops 5/27) (SPOILERS)

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
275496923_10166393607165694_6610606614944287995_n.jpg

I wonder if that's the 5th Brother

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
This is why they need to reboot the original movies. They are outdated and there have been so much content added since.
I won't go as far as to say reboot the original movies. Even if you did, there's too much content to squeeze into a trilogy. That's why I appreciate the Clone Wars & Star Wars Rebels series. They can do what the movies can't.

dasailr03

A Goddamn Sailor!
BGOL Investor
This is why they need to reboot the original movies. They are outdated and there have been so much content added since.
You do realize that content was created after the original movies. I mean... the movies were so popular that lucas started making shit up in between the movies to increase that revenue stream. So lucas had to make it all tie back to the movies to have it make sense. they should never remake the original trilogy.

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
It all.teconmed shoe horned bull shit and it looks out of place. I can't stand rebels or Jedi fallen order. He's a Jedi but he can't even force jump what the hell and he fights Vader a d survived that's a other thing I hate a out the Disney era of star wars they .ame Vader and the empire look weak with all these Jedi survivors. The only properties that seem to fit in with the og trilogy is solo and rogue one. I'm leaving the mandalorian and bobf out of this because those are post original trilogy era shows.

Thegooch

Pope Gooch is currently brunching with the Devil.
Registered
Fuck Disney and Fuck Star Wars as a whole. The shit is dead.

50 years in and they have NEVER had a black lead. Ill let the white dudes have their fantasy. I don't give a fuck anymore.

synyster

Homegrown Sensei
BGOL Investor

50 years in and they have NEVER had a black lead. Ill let the white dudes have their fantasy. I don't give a fuck anymore.

Guess you forgot about the Lando series coming out

Thegooch

Pope Gooch is currently brunching with the Devil.
Registered
Guess you forgot about the Lando series coming out

You really like scraps. LOL. Next time you paid for a 5 star meal don't complain if whiteys make you wait 5 years and serve you cold food.

Im still pissed they played the fuck out was supposed to be a main black character for 3 consecutive movies.

John Boyega died for our sins. A lot of people talk that black shit but still support bs after black actors, characters, and fans constantly get shitted on.

The only person who ever made a respectable Star Wars character was George Lucas. Hes been long gone.

images

John Boyega died for our sins.

If the are going to do another Black Panther I would have ZERO issues with him being King of Wakanda.

But since he spoke against Hollywood we know that's not happening.

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor

Yea, they killed Mace Windu and made the other Black Jedi a buffoon lol man I thought he was gonna pound that white girl but nah. He was plucky humor :smh:

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
When Disney debuted Mandalorian and did the one episode a week release, I was one of those folks who was not happy.

With both seasons of the Mandalorian and Boba Fett, the surprise cameos toward the end of the seasons definitely made them worthwhile.

Looking forward to who will be the surprise cameo for this series. It’s possible we might get multiple being Disney kept the production of this series locked down.

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
When Disney debuted Mandalorian and did the one episode a week release, I was one of those folks who was not happy.

With both seasons of the Mandalorian and Boba Fett, the surprise cameos toward the end of the seasons definitely made them worthwhile.

Looking forward to who will be the surprise cameo for this series. It’s possible we might get multiple being Disney kept the production of this series locked down.
Most people nowadays are impatient. Disney should continue to do that. If they were smart they would have shows running new episodes at least 4 days a week; people would stay glued to them...

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

How Moses Ingram made a Star Wars Halloween character for Black girls on Obi-Wan Kenobi

"I wanted kids to be able to have the opportunity with their own hair at Halloween," the actress tells EW. "If you look at Black kids with kinky hair, when they want to be Elsa for Halloween, they got to put on a blond wig."

By Dalton RossApril 06, 2022 at 12:15 PM EDT

ADVERTISEMENT
SaveFBTweetMore

00:12
04:39

Moses Ingram hit the jackpot. The Queen's Gambit star not only landed a part in the upcoming Star Wars Disney+ series Obi-Wan Kenobi (premiering May 27), but she landed the role of a fearsome new villain — playing a lightsaber-wielding, Force-sensitive Inquisitor named Reva.
Talk to anyone on the creative team behind Obi-Wan Kenobi and they immediately get animated when talking about both the actress and the character she's playing. "I'm really excited for what she's doing to be seen because she contributes to the legacy of the Star Wars villain in a really interesting way in this story," series writer Joby Harold tells EW. "She brings her own energy to that world of silhouette villains. And I think that she's a worthy adversary, and the audience isn't going to be expecting what she brings either."

Director Deborah Chow is equally amped: "I was really excited about this character, because it's a new one that is not from the animated series and it's also, for me, really exciting also to bring a female villain and to have a dark side woman of a very significant role. She's very ambitious and she's got a lot going on, and I think Moses just did a fantastic job with it."
Moses Ingram in 'Obi-Wan Kenobi'

| CREDIT: MATT KENNEDY/LUCASFILM LTD.
However, the combined excitement of Harold and Chow is still no match for the perma-smile attached to the face of Ingram herself, especially when the star received her lightsaber as a gift from Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy, which she now proudly has on display in her home.

But the lightsaber — a completely original design for her character, and one which she did not drop, unlike Ewan McGregor — is just one of the super-cool-looking things about Reva, who also, yes, gets to sport a cape. "Our costume designer, Suttirat Anne Larlarb was absolutely amazing," gushes Ingram. "I would tell people, putting on a cape was a dream I didn't know I had. I legit put on a cape and I felt like I was 10 again. It was really, really, really super dope."
But Ingram herself was instrumental in helping to create another key aspect of Reva's appearance, and one that could have a huge impact beyond the screen. "We had a lot of conversations about hair and what the right hair might be," explains the actress. "And Deborah was really great about moving from what the initial vision was for hair to what we arrived at for Reva's hair."
For Ingram, the mission was twofold: Create an amazing look, while also creating a look that kids who resemble her could easily emulate. "Part of that conversation when I was talking to Deb and our hair department head was really that I wanted kids to be able to have the opportunity with their own hair at Halloween. And that's huge If you look at all the kids of color or Black kids with kinky hair. When they want to be Elsa for Halloween, they can be Elsa, but they got to put on a blond wig. [Now] there are so many kids that'll be able to wear their hair at Halloween, and I think that's going to be really exciting as well."
Moses Ingram in 'Obi-Wan Kenobi'

| CREDIT: LUCASFILM LTD.
As delighted as Ingram is to see mini-Revas with bags full of candy around Halloween time, she also can't wait to see mini-Revas in the form of toys bearing her likeness. "Everybody's like 'You have no idea what this is going to be like. This is going to be so crazy with the LEGO sets and action figures.'" LEGO sets and action figures that will now have Ingram-approved hair.
Obi-Wan Kenobi debuts May 27 on Disney+ with two episodes..