Obi-Wan Kenobi (2022) (Official Discussion Thread) New Official trailer 1 (5/4) (Drops 5/27) (SPOILERS)

BDR

BeatDownRecs
BGOL Investor
Yeah Disney got me with this one... I'm about to pay them some money. Fuck it..

The story begins 10 years after the dramatic events of “Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith” where Obi-Wan Kenobi faced his greatest defeat—the downfall and corruption of his best friend and Jedi apprentice, Anakin Skywalker, who turned to the dark side as evil Sith Lord Darth Vader. The series stars Ewan McGregor, reprising his role as the iconic Jedi Master, and also marks the return of Hayden Christensen in the role of Darth Vader. Joining the cast are Moses Ingram, Joel Edgerton, Bonnie Piesse, Kumail Nanjiani, Indira Varma, Rupert Friend, O’Shea Jackson Jr., Sung Kang, Simone Kessell and Benny Safdie. “Obi-Wan Kenobi” is directed by Deborah Chow and executive-produced by Kathleen Kennedy, Michelle Rejwan, Deborah Chow, Ewan McGregor and Joby Harold

official trailer

You should have been on The Mandalorian wave when Disney dropped the app the first time..

BlueCarpetTreatment

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
The first two episodes were dope af! If you’re in this thread and haven’t watched the show yet, then this is on you. Lol! A few things for me:

1. I loved that they got a young Leia in this. Didn’t expect that and it was cool seeing her. Seeing how smart but yet how naive she is definitely shows how much she grows into who she became. But like any smart ass kid, she frustrates the shit outta you.

2. Obi Wan definitely doing his best to stay low-key. It’s great to see the lengths he goes through to try and stay hidden. As one of the most bad ass Jedi ever, it has to be guy wrenching not to be able to help those in need. And also to be reminded of your failures daily. The nightmares of pretty much losing everything you’ve ever known has to weigh heavily.

3. Reva’s relentless quest to bring in Obi Wan is interesting. I’m really wanting to know why she’s so hell bent outside of pleasing Vader. Seems like there’s definitely more to it. To consistently disobey orders just to get at Obi Wan has me feeling it’s something deeper. I like her character though because she’s a sista on a mission.

4. All the little Easter eggs were dope. I liked that they showed the clone trooper being a homeless beggar. The Empire just threw them cats away like yesterday’s trash. Shoutout to dude reprising his role as a clone. They say that Mark Hamil also had a little blink and you’ll miss it cameo. It did low key look like him. Wonder if anyone else will catch it? Lol

5. The opening as dope. I know some people may feel a way due to the recent tragedy, but this is something integral to Stat Wars lore. Order 66 from another view. I was wondering if they were about to show Grogo being save for a second there.

6. FUCKING VADER!!!! That moment for Obi Wan sensing him and then him sensing Obi Wan was great. Episode ends!

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
It’s crazy because I don’t remember them hating on Lando or Mace Windu. All of a sudden they hate new black characters which is just some weak ass peckerwood shit. SMH
I guess you forgot Bout that time when thise girl hipped geeks dressed up in storm trooper klansmen outfits in protest of star wars episode 7 when they thought finn was going to be the main hero be ause if those misleading commercials. I have no time for them at all. there's racist MCU fans as well

BlueCarpetTreatment

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I guess you forgot Bout that time when thise girl hipped geeks dressed up in storm trooper klansmen outfits in protest of star wars episode 7 when they thought finn was going to be the main hero be ause if those misleading commercials. I have no time for them at all. there's racist MCU fans as well

That’s what I’m saying, my guy. I’m specifically speaking about the hypocrisy of them loving Mace and Lando but have issues with the newer black characters of the Star Wars lore. So, no I haven’t forgot about that at all.

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
The first two episodes were dope af! If you’re in this thread and haven’t watched the show yet, then this is on you. Lol! A few things for me:

1. I loved that they got a young Leia in this. Didn’t expect that and it was cool seeing her. Seeing how smart but yet how naive she is definitely shows how much she grows into who she became. But like any smart ass kid, she frustrates the shit outta you.

2. Obi Wan definitely doing his best to stay low-key. It’s great to see the lengths he goes through to try and stay hidden. As one of the most bad ass Jedi ever, it has to be guy wrenching not to be able to help those in need. And also to be reminded of your failures daily. The nightmares of pretty much losing everything you’ve ever known has to weigh heavily.

3. Reva’s relentless quest to bring in Obi Wan is interesting. I’m really wanting to know why she’s so hell bent outside of pleasing Vader. Seems like there’s definitely more to it. To consistently disobey orders just to get at Obi Wan has me feeling it’s something deeper. I like her character though because she’s a sista on a mission.

4. All the little Easter eggs were dope. I liked that they showed the clone trooper being a homeless beggar. The Empire just threw them cats away like yesterday’s trash. Shoutout to dude reprising his role as a clone. They say that Mark Hamil also had a little blink and you’ll miss it cameo. It did low key look like him. Wonder if anyone else will catch it? Lol

5. The opening as dope. I know some people may feel a way due to the recent tragedy, but this is something integral to Stat Wars lore. Order 66 from another view. I was wondering if they were about to show Grogo being save for a second there.

6. FUCKING VADER!!!! That moment for Obi Wan sensing him and then him sensing Obi Wan was great. Episode ends!

I liked how when Obi Wan saved Leia with the Force and people saw it, it was like they had a sense of something precious and wonderful that had been lost was back. It was a subtle but powerful moment.

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator
great start ...:bravo:

gonna watch it again later on tonight n c if i missed anything ...:yes:

Leia stole the show for me ...it shows why she is defiant, talks shit n head strong when she grows up ...she was like tht as a 10 yr old ...lol

n then the message she sent Obi-Wan in New Hope makes more sense now ...she met him when she was a kid ...:yes:

Fucking Disney at this point now just printing money :money:

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member

100% Agree.

They hit a Grand Slam with those two episodes.

The recap going thru the first 3 movies was done superb, wrapped it all up to give you a quick review.

The Clone Trooper was nice, anybody catch the actor playing him. That was a good cameo.

The actress playing Leia hit it right out of the park with the smart mouth and stubbornness. And Obi Won remembering Dutchess Satine from Clone Wars making the similarities to Leia.

I was gonna hold out for episode 3, but gave in. Definitely worth it.

publicenemy

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
100% Agree.

They hit a Grand Slam with those two episodes.

The recap going thru the first 3 movies was done superb, wrapped it all up to give you a quick review.

The Clone Trooper was nice, anybody catch the actor playing him. That was a good cameo.

The actress playing Leia hit it right out of the park with the smart mouth and stubbornness. And Obi Won remembering Dutchess Satine from Clone Wars making the similarities to Leia.

I was gonna hold out for episode 3, but gave in. Definitely worth it.
Hold out I was, but watch it I shall. "Thanks to your comments. "

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
The sister is thick, but her acting sucks
S_pInf.gif

13329243.gif

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
really beautiful cinematography and camera work
and good story...
The sister is thick, but her acting sucks
I think its screenplay/ dialogue and the director's instruction - caused her to do a lot of over acting

the dialogue in Reva and Leia scenes was not good...

kingdon777

Salesman of the year!
Platinum Member

Yup, you sun it up perfectly! I love the sister, Leila, and how they put the first two episodes together. I have a feeling this series is going to be epic, more than I could ever imagine.

kingdon777

Salesman of the year!
Platinum Member
really beautiful cinematography and camera work
and good story...

I think its screenplay/ dialogue and the director's instruction - caused her to do a lot of over acting

the dialogue in Reva and Leia scenes was not good...
I cannot disagree, but they had to lay down some sorta context before they get into the real shit that’s about to go down. Everyone can’t be the best actors. I’m sayin that I just went along for the ride, but I think this series is loaded. Oh and the thick thighs is calling me forrrealzzz.