Here They Come!!! C8's are Being Delivered to Dealerships and Customers are Taking Ownership

ANGRY MAN

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
@ANGRY MAN @bgbtylvr @michigantoga
Calling DEALERS to ORDER a 2023 Z06 & C8 Stingray Corvette! SHOCKING INFO!

Yes sir, I purchased from Criswell the 3 person he called. If you somehow can’t get financing or come off the list. When your car comes in will be mark up way over MSRP. I think like two people drop out, couldn’t wait any longer.

The only good thing about the C8 is their so rare to see on the street. So you have something exclusive and at any red light, shit is crazy!

michigantoga

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
@ANGRY MAN @bgbtylvr @michigantoga
Calling DEALERS to ORDER a 2023 Z06 & C8 Stingray Corvette! SHOCKING INFO!

It's literally 100's of C8's avaibile right now. I just logged onto my familyfirst account & 100's are either sitting or in transit

Those are allocations. The two cars are different...

If you really want a C8, you can get one, just not order it due to the chips.

This is true with many cars, just not the C8...

It will also be Z06's on lots as well, you just can't order them...

The main reason is, we can't ship them due to shortages.

People on this board that have the financial needs, need to get on the Zora, this is the car to get.

It will be even more killer than the 2009 C6 ZR1.

It's going to be lite, that's all I can say.

The C8 is hard to get just like certain other cars.

These cars are actually just sitting on lots, that don't need a retro-fit.

It is hundreds of C8's built that are sitting, they won't leave until semi-conductors are installed.

My current vehicle is the Lyriq, we can't get past chips & suppliers.

Chevy put this out along with dealers last yr...

It was a dealership taking customers off the list for the Z & was trying to mark the cars up by 40K to get back on. They're no longer even getting the C8 in any form now

Last edited:

michigantoga

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

GM to Dealers: Don’t Gouge Customers on Hummer EV, Z06, Silverado EV, Lyriq
Corporate threatens to reallocate vehicles away from offending dealers.
SEE ALL 194 PHOTOS
Scott EvansWriter
Jan 20, 2022
Earlier this month, we reported Ford's corporate offices had warned its dealers against demanding extra deposits or other payments on reservations for hotly anticipated vehicles like the upcoming F-150 Lightning. Now comes word GM sent a similar letter to its Chevrolet, GMC, Buick, and Cadillac dealers around the same time.

Originally posted to Corvette Action Center and attributed to GM North America president Steve Carlisle, the letter has since been confirmed by GM as authentic. In it, Carlisle notes most dealers are playing fair, but says "a small number of dealers have engaged in practices that do not support a positive sales experience for our customers."

SEE ALL 194 PHOTOS
Market Adjustments And Additional Dealer Markups
Carlisle specifically calls out dealers demanding extra money beyond the cost of a reservation and or adding huge markups to the final vehicle cost. Known as "market adjustments" or Additional Dealer Markups" (ADMs), these surcharges are added to the price of the reservation and or the final price of the vehicle by the dealers and are pure profit.

At the root of it are simple laws of supply and demand, exacerbated by plain old greed. These vehicles are highly anticipated and have either limited reservation slots available or long waiting lists. Dealers charge markups because, simply put, people are excited enough about the vehicles to pay whatever it takes. In some cases, this can mean tens of thousands of dollars or more above the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP).

Dealers can get away with this because they're effectively allowed to charge what the market will bear. The S in MSRP is critical: Thanks to strong state franchise laws pushed by dealers and their political allies, automakers cannot dictate the final sale price of a vehicle. That's why nearly all vehicle sales at dealerships are negotiations.
SEE ALL 194 PHOTOS
Automakers Strike Back, Sort Of
While GM can't tell its dealers what to charge for a car or prevent them from adding a markup, it does have some leverage. According to Carlisle's letter, Article 5 of the GM Dealer Sales and Service Agreement states "Dealer agrees to effectively, ethically and lawfully sell and promote the purchase, lease, and use of Products by consumers ..." and "Dealer agrees to advertise and conduct promotional activities that are lawful and enhance the reputation of Dealer, General Motors, and its Products. Dealer will not advertise or conduct promotional activities in a misleading or unethical manner, or that is harmful to the reputation of Dealer, General Motors, or its Products."

In essence, Carlisle is saying demanding extra money on top of the mandatory reservation fee and adding markups to the final price could put the dealers in violation of their agreement. Carlisle specifically calls out dealers that tell customers an extra fee on top of the reservation price is mandatory to keep that reservation, which is not true under GM's reservation policies.
As punishment, GM is threatening to take away an offending dealer's allocation of the vehicles in question and give it to another dealer that's following the rules. The offending dealer would still get its normal shipment of other vehicles, but would be cut off from receiving hot new vehicles to sell, such as Hummer EVs, Corvette ZO6s, Silverado EVs, and Lyriq EVs. The letter also threatens "other recourse prescribed by the Dealer Sales and Service Agreement" but does not specify what that would consist of.
SEE ALL 194 PHOTOS
Closing The Broker Loophole
Carlisle also calls out dealers planning to sell hot new vehicles to independent brokers who will flip them for much higher prices. In such a scheme, the dealer would either sell the vehicle to the broker at an inflated price but not as high as what the broker can get from desperate customers, ensuring a profit on both sides, or receive a kickback when the broker resells the vehicle at a higher price.
The letter reminds dealers that selling to brokers is specifically prohibited by the Dealer Sales and Service Agreement, which reads "Dealer agrees that it will not sell new Motor Vehicles for resale" and "Dealer is not authorized … to … sell Motor Vehicles to persons or parties (or their agents) engaged in the business of reselling, brokering (including but not limited to buying services) or wholesaling of Motor Vehicles."
Dealers caught selling hot new vehicles to brokers and resellers will likewise have their allocations of those vehicles "redirected" to another dealer.
No Restrictions On Private Customers
Unlike Ford, GM has not gone as far as to bar private buyers from reselling their vehicles for a profit. Ford has provided language for dealers to include in their sales agreements that requires customers to keep their vehicle for at least one full year before reselling it or face a lawsuit for breach of contract. This would prevent the average person from flipping their personal vehicle for a profit, at least for a year. GM has not yet provided such language to its dealers or addressed private resales so far as we know.

THE LATEST IN CAR NEWS
EMAIL NEWSLETTER SIGN-UP!
By clicking Sign Up, you agree to the Terms of Use. Your information will be collected and used in accordance with our Privacy Policy

Find the dealer in your area with the lowest price.

" data-processed-make="chevrolet" data-has-viewed="true" data-processed-model="corvette" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: inherit; font-family: inherit; font-size: 16px; vertical-align: baseline; position: relative; min-height: 3.875rem; min-width: 18.75rem;">
Find the dealer in your area with the lowest price.
Select a Make Acura Alfa Romeo Aston Martin Audi Bentley BMW Buick Cadillac Chevrolet Chrysler Dodge Ferrari FIAT Ford Genesis GMC Honda Hyundai INFINITI Jaguar Jeep Karma Kia Lamborghini Land Rover Lexus Lincoln Lotus Lucid Maserati Mazda McLaren Mercedes-Benz MINI Mitsubishi Nissan Polestar Porsche Ram Rivian Rolls-Royce Subaru Tesla Toyota Volkswagen Volvo
Select a ModelBlazerBolt EUVBolt EVCamaroColoradoCorvetteEquinoxExpress CargoExpress PassengerMalibuSilverado 1500Silverado 1500 LimitedSilverado 2500HDSilverado 3500HDSparkSuburbanTahoeTrailBlazerTraverseTrax

Hot Reads

Let's Find Your Perfect Car
Expert rankings, new car ratings, and specs.
MakeAcuraAlfa RomeoAston MartinAudiBentleyBMWBollingerBugattiBuickCadillacCanooChevroletChryslerDodgeFerrariFIATFiskerFordGenesisGMCHondaHyundaiInfinitiJaguarJeepKarmaKiaLamborghiniLand RoverLexusLincolnLotusLucidMaseratiMazdaMcLarenMercedes-BenzMINIMitsubishiNissanPolestarPorscheRamRivianRolls-RoyceSubaruTeslaToyotaVinFastVolkswagenVolvo
Model
Year
GO
SUV
Sedan
Truck
Coupe
Van
Hybrid

michigantoga

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Wait time going to be crazy, dealership told me 6 years. I tried to get on the list when I pick my C8 up on 8-20-21.

Still wondering why they haven’t released the price during reveal, they did it when they revealed the C8.

The car is not in saleable form, that's why the MSRP isn't released..

The actual production car has to be on schedule for them to do that.

ANGRY MAN

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It's literally 100's of C8's avaibile right now. I just logged onto my familyfirst account & 100's are either sitting or in transit

Those are allocations. The two cars are different...

If you really want a C8, you can get one, just not order it due to the chips.

This is true with many cars, just not the C8...

It will also be Z06's on lots as well, you just can't order them...

The main reason is, we can't ship them due to shortages.

People on this board that have the financial needs, need to get on the Zora, this is the car to get.

It will be even more killer than the 2009 C6 ZR1.

It's going to be lite, that's all I can say.

The C8 is hard to get just like certain other cars.

These cars are actually just sitting on lots, that don't need a retro-fit.

It is hundreds of C8's built that are sitting, they won't leave until semi-conductors are installed.

My current vehicle is the Lyriq, we can't get past chips & suppliers.

Chevy put this out along with dealers last yr...

It was a dealership taking customers off the list for the Z & was trying to mark the cars up by 40K to get back on. They're no longer even getting the C8 in any form now

The last photo with all the C8 on it. If you attempt to inquire about any car in the picture. It’s a car that’s being built and will be ship to the dealership. The dealership will mark up the price by 10-20k. Before I went to Criswell, I called another dealership inquiring about the C8. That’s when he told me with a straight face it’s 98k. I said but the ad says 75k that’s when they mark it up.

After that BGOL told me their’s three major Corvette dealership. Criswell was number three on the list. 13 months later I received my car. I do believe all those cars in the photo are waiting to be ship. But I don’t believe the out the door price.

michigantoga

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The last photo with all the C8 on it. If you attempt to inquire about any car in the picture. It’s a car that’s being built and will be ship to the dealership. The dealership will mark up the price by 10-20k. Before I went to Criswell, I called another dealership inquiring about the C8. That’s when he told me with a straight face it’s 98k. I said but the ad says 75k that’s when they mark it up.

After that BGOL told me their’s three major Corvette dealership. Criswell was number three on the list. 13 months later I received my car. I do believe all those cars in the photo are waiting to be ship. But I don’t believe the out the door price.

This is why it will be direct to customer.

GM will make this move not to far out

The C8 is a fantastic machine, it definitely is worth 100K well equipped. Not 125, though

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I forgot the dealer, but there is some Chevy dealer that is not marking up prices and says they never will. Even if they know you are probably going to flip the car, they will sell it to you at sticker.

I wish people would stop paying these ridiculous mark up prices. Just kills the market for people that can't afford 10 or 20K over sticker.

ANGRY MAN

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I forgot the dealer, but there is some Chevy dealer that is not marking up prices and says they never will. Even if they know you are probably going to flip the car, they will sell it to you at sticker.

I wish people would stop paying these ridiculous mark up prices. Just kills the market for people that can't afford 10 or 20K over sticker.

They paying because most corvette owners are old 55 and up. They pulling out their retirement pensions, savings accounts to buy these at any cost. I bought my first vette when I was 35. I’m now 44 told my friends I don’t want to be the old ninja in a corvette. It’s a pain getting in an out of one.

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
The Zora will be the one to get, the ZO6 is nice, but the Zora is going to shut down the likes of the 765LT, 911 GT3.

The Zora will be out around the end of 2023, right after the E-Ray

I believe this is how it will go.....

Corvette Stingray == 6.2L Naturally aspirated (traditional) V8
Corvette Z06 == 5.5L Naturally aspirated (flat plane crank) V8
Corvette E-Ray == Stingray engine + electric motors up front
Corvette Zora == Z06 engine + twin turbo charged + electric motors up front

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You can tell someone's age by their reverence for the Corvette. I'm at an age where people used to turn their heads when they saw a Corvette; my niece's Millennial generation, not so much.

michigantoga

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I believe this is how it will go.....

Corvette Stingray == 6.2L Naturally aspirated (traditional) V8
Corvette Z06 == 5.5L Naturally aspirated (flat plane crank) V8
Corvette E-Ray == Stingray engine + electric motors up front
Corvette Zora == Z06 engine + twin turbo charged + electric motors up front

E-Ray will be the one everyone will love

Cars at dealerships for sale will soon be a memory

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
E-Ray will be the one everyone will love

Cars at dealerships for sale will soon be a memory

I guess we will have to see about price & availability
So.....the "e-ray" basically means "electric stingray"
The electric motors up front will give it a better take off
If I had to take a guess, it probably will have the same 0-to-60 as the Z06
But not sure about quarter mile times

I think some people will still want the Z06 more
Because of that high reving engine, that sounds like a Ferrari
But I'm curious to see if the e-ray, will be more or less expensive than the Z06?

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Chevrolet Corvette E-Ray Hybrid Spied Fully Exposed On The Highway

2023-chevrolet-corvette-e-ray-rear-view-spy-photo.jpg

2023-chevrolet-corvette-e-ray-front-view-spy-photo.jpg

ANGRY MAN

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You can tell someone's age by their reverence for the Corvette. I'm at an age where people used to turn their heads when they saw a Corvette; my niece's Millennial generation, not so much.

I don’t know fam, that Vette cracks necks for all ages. Me and my lady came out the mall in Charlotte, the millennial was standing in front of my car taking pictures for IG. We just let them finish then proceed to walk to the whip.

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
@ANGRY MAN @bgbtylvr @michigantoga @Deezz

By coincidence, I came across this youtube vid
The person has it labeled "Corvette C8 Z06"
But its actually the new Corvette C8 E-Ray
You can tell by the orientation of the back exhaust pipes
Someone must've been test driving it

Side note:
Z06 owners might be pissed when this comes out, LOL
Because most people won't be able to tell the difference between the two cars
Chevy used the side air vents of the Z06, and also the front bumper/splitters of the Z06

Last edited:

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Side note:

Chevy used the side air vents of the Z06, and also the front bumper/splitters of the Z06

Yeah they did that with the Grand Sports after I got my Z06. The new Z looks fire though. Not paying that markup.

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Yeah they did that with the Grand Sports after I got my Z06. The new Z looks fire though. Not paying that markup.

The Grand Sport is like the bastard child that everybody hates
Stingray owners are pissed at it, because they probably should've waited to get the "better look"
Z06 owners are pissed at it, because now their cars don't stand out as much
C8 Corvette e-ray will be new the Grand Sport ;)

Edit: Quick side note:
C8 stingray owners who paid well over msrp, are going to be really pissed
I doubt e-ray's will be marked up much, if at all
So therefore, no one is going to pay over $100,000 for these overpriced stingrays, on the market right now

Last edited:

Famous1

Rising Star
Platinum Member
The Grand Sport is like the bastard child that everybody hates
Stingray owners are pissed at it, because they probably should've waited to get the "better look"
Z06 owners are pissed at it, because now their cars don't stand out as much
C8 Corvette e-ray will be new the Grand Sport ;)

Edit: Quick side note:
C8 stingray owners who paid well over msrp, are going to be really pissed
I doubt e-ray's will be marked up much, if at all
So therefore, no one is going to pay over $100,000 for these overpriced stingrays, on the market right now
Ninjas that pay those high mark ups don't give a damn...not sure if the electric/hybrids will be as popular as the traditional petrol powered cars.

ANGRY MAN

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Side note:

That’s my point earlier how it breaks necks. People will follow, video etc etc. As far as the Z06 owners getting piss off. Feel free to enlighten me the corvette community got love for all Corvette. It’s like your in a car club without even joining one.

Hard to describe its like we all knew what we had to go through just to own this expensive car. The community is mainly older so they don’t even be tripping. Now it happens to me twice that the younger (early 30’s) acted like they was the shit cause they owned a corvette.

Pretty much be like this straight love.

An RnB Thug

El Capitan of The LOVE BOAT
Platinum Member
I sat in one. Lot of the knobs and switches are the exact same
as in the 2018 Chevy Equinox we use to own
Disappointing to say the least

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Just announced a hybrid Vette for 2023. Fully electric to come few years after.

@bgbtylvr
Bruh, at first I thought you were just overhyping this E-ray version. But after I did more research on it, this shit might actually be the truth. A lot of people are sleeping because GM hasn't really given a lot of info about it yet. Plus some people just don't like the idea of anything "electric" for a Corvette. And if you look at the comments, some people still think this is a fully electric, or a plug-in hybrid. The Corvette E-ray is none of that!!!

@Deezz @ANGRY MAN @michigantoga
Fellas.....check this youtube vid out when you get a chance.....

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
@bgbtylvr
Bruh, at first I thought you were just overhyping this E-ray version. But after I did more research on it, this shit might actually be the truth. A lot of people are sleeping because GM hasn't really given a lot of info about it yet. Plus some people just don't like the idea of anything "electric" for a Corvette. And if you look at the comments, some people still think this is a fully electric, or a plug-in hybrid. The Corvette E-ray is none of that!!!

INSANE!!!!! Gotta start getting my pennies together to get one of these one day.

Love the Corvette platform!!! Especially this all-wheel drive E-Ray!

ANGRY MAN

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
@bgbtylvr

Man that car going to be a problem!!

3rd__Optic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This is the true game changer. All wheel drive. The hybrid platform is on the way. In my opinion a mixture of electric awd and forced induction should become the ZR1.