Obi-Wan Kenobi (2022) (Official Discussion Thread) New Official trailer 1 (5/4) (Drops 5/27) (SPOILERS)

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Yeah Disney got me with this one... I'm about to pay them some money. Fuck it..

The story begins 10 years after the dramatic events of “Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith” where Obi-Wan Kenobi faced his greatest defeat—the downfall and corruption of his best friend and Jedi apprentice, Anakin Skywalker, who turned to the dark side as evil Sith Lord Darth Vader. The series stars Ewan McGregor, reprising his role as the iconic Jedi Master, and also marks the return of Hayden Christensen in the role of Darth Vader. Joining the cast are Moses Ingram, Joel Edgerton, Bonnie Piesse, Kumail Nanjiani, Indira Varma, Rupert Friend, O’Shea Jackson Jr., Sung Kang, Simone Kessell and Benny Safdie. “Obi-Wan Kenobi” is directed by Deborah Chow and executive-produced by Kathleen Kennedy, Michelle Rejwan, Deborah Chow, Ewan McGregor and Joby Harold

official trailer

Last edited:

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Sorry I couldn't help it..

you-were-the-chosen-one-i-trusted-you-diy-lol-com-18653418.png

CptMARVEL

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Gee...
Disney finally made a "good" decision with the Star Wars license.
But if this is true, it might be coming a little too late to save the franchise.
After the debacle that was "The Last Jedi", and how Disney treated the fan base, the damage is still ongoing.
Because let's face it, this is the movie Star Wars fans really wanted back in 2017-2018:
hqdefault.jpg

Not "Solo"...:smh:

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
This shit going to be the fucking bomb. I'm holding off on getting their streaming service until most of the shows drop. I'll be bootlegging as much as I can before then

lexdiamonnyc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This shit going to be the fucking bomb. I'm holding off on getting their streaming service until most of the shows drop. I'll be bootlegging as much as I can before then
You're out of your mind!!! Obi Won has a huge fan base, and McGregor was one of the few bright spots in his trilogy.........I don't see how this fails! and those saying it's too late, the first movie to this story came out 40+yrs ago and we're still talking about it!!!

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
You're out of your mind!!! Obi Won has a huge fan base, and McGregor was one of the few bright spots in his trilogy.........I don't see how this fails! and those saying it's too late, the first movie to this story came out 40+yrs ago and we're still talking about it!!!

Um what? Where did I say it would fail? I said it would be the bomb and that I'm holding off on spending more bread. Maybe your comment wasn't meant for me.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Disney Officially Announces Obi-Wan Kenobi TV Series

We’ve known this was coming for quite a while now, but an announcement by Disney at the 2019 D23 expo makes it official. A Star Wars series starring Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan Kenobi is headed to Disney Plus.

It started as a hope; fans wanted a standalone movie with the Jedi master, trainer and mentor of the future Darth Vader. The rumors began swirling and when Disney decided to launch its own streaming service, arriving this November, it only fueled the fire. What better place for a television series starring Obi-Wan than there, right?

Finally, a little over a week ago, We Got This Covered reported that McGregor was in talks to reprise his famous role. It comes as little surprise that everything we’d been hearing was true, then, but the Mouse House has finally made it officially official.

Unfortunately, few details are known about the show right now, except that it’ll most likely take place between the first two trilogies. In any case, Disney seems to be banking on the success of multiple Star Wars series instead of standalone movies, as Solo: A Star Wars Story underperformed at the box office enough that any other film outside of the yearly December releases has been shelved.

The Kenobi series is the third one announced for the streaming service, with The Mandalorian kicking off November 12th. The Jon Favreau project will be about a lone gunslinger, starring Pedro Pascal, and takes place after Return of the Jedi. Nick Nolte and Carl Weathers will also star.

Diego Luna will then headline the third, untitled show, reprising his role as Rogue One‘s Cassian Andor. When the other two series will begin production is still up in the air, but The Mandalorian is ready for November 12th, 2019. And hopefully, Obi-Wan Kenobi will follow at some point in 2020.

https://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/disney-announces-obi-wan-kenobi-star-wars-series-with-ewan-mcgregor/

Darrkman

Hollis, Queens = Center of the Universe
BGOL Investor
Um what? Where did I say it would fail? I said it would be the bomb and that I'm holding off on spending more bread. Maybe your comment wasn't meant for me.
:lol: yo my bad fam!!!! I read “that shit is going to bomb” and immediately was all “WTF?!?!”

we agree, this shit will be the fucking bomb!!!

Hahaha dudes were ready to go at it.....

star-wars-fighting.gif