The Chi Discussion Thread

Kubrick

Rising Star
OG Investor
THIS!! I'd love to see her blow up but damn. Momma ain't had two scenes since season 1 :lol:

The plots move REALLY fast on this show. Like one week they got Ms Jada (who I really like) having wild, sexy escapades with her boy toy and the next week she is on death row with Cancer to the 25th Power. Have they ever heard of stages??

Not these fucking writers. They also do not understand continuity nor character consistency. Characters act one way one then suddenly puill a 180 for no reason at all.

Whatever happened to "Defund the Police" story?

Not going to lie though, this show is my favorite hate watch.

phatkitty

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Not these fucking writers. They also do not understand continuity nor character consistency. Characters act one way one then suddenly puill a 180 for no reason at all.

Whatever happened to "Defund the Police" story?

Not going to lie though, this show is my favorite hate watch.
That's exactly what I'm saying, Jake is now the model student while Kevin is spiraling out of control it makes absolutely no sense.

Aww Skeet Skeet!

The antithesis of nonsense.
BGOL Investor
giphy.gif

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What a boring episode

The Ronnie thing i saw coming a mile away.

What's with the "sex" in these shows lately?

Women making love fully clothed or wearing dense lingerie to hide the goods.

Orgy and sex party scenes with absolutely NO NUDITY and the women arent topless?!?

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
Out of 7, maybe two episodes were ok. The reality is it's gone downhill since Easy E got fired
At this point its worse than Power ever was...when she (Lena) lost her lead after season 2 she basically went back to her core foundation which is LGBTetc and feminism.

The defund the police storyline was an interesting idea that should have been explored in a completely new series or mini series...in The Chi it is absolutely ridiculous....they had a hell of a storyline setup after the end of season 2...damn, can only imagine what could have been...I dont think it needed to decline so badly though

GuessWho21212

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What a boring episode
Orgy and sex party scenes with absolutely NO NUDITY and the women arent topless?!?

The show has definitely jumped the shark at this point. Characters like Poppa that used to be a fan favorite because he would occasionally drop jewels like an old soul ahead of his time, have now become obnoxious, faux feminist, clout chasing Derrick Jackson-types. There's storylines that I'm starting to fast forward through just because I don't really give a damn what happens next.

As for the nudity, this is fallout from the post-MeToo era that I've been noticing on a few shows now. Not only have they dialed back the female nudity, in fact, they've taken a stance to never feature female nudity ever again. Instead, they've started replacing it with more male nudity, and in a lot of instances the shit is very gratuitous. Just this week, Black Monday had a full frontal dick shot just for laughs.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
What a boring episode

The Ronnie thing i saw coming a mile away.

They have it ready for syndication on BET when it's run is up :smh:

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
Afro girl was with kev and now with Jake
Maisha was feeling Kev but went on to date Poppa
Emmet was fucking Kiesha while with Tiffany
Emmet fucked lala while with Tiffany
Tiffany is now cool with both Kiesha and Lala
Lala Fucked Emmet
Emmet pops is now fucking Lala
Emmet mom is fucking the masseuse who probably also fucked Tiff (Tiff gave her his info)
Ronnie was fucking the thick chic whose son was killed, by (somehow involved) the man she is now fucking.
Trig is fucking.......never mind.

this shit is a disaster.

Douda walking around like he didnt just get shot.

BAG

Cleveland D-T-W [216]
BGOL Investor
I got a feeling they might present Kevin as a poster child for major drug addiction like The way the Wire did with Dukie. It might be a good look being that addiction comes from many walks of life you would think that Jake, Keisha would be the first ones in line to start playing with the needle or hitting the pipe but everybody is vulnerable to that shit no matter the upbringing or lifestyle.

GuessWho21212

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This shit is unwatchable at this point. There's obviously no straight men left in the writers room because they have emasculated every male character on the show. Except Darnell, and he hasn't had a scene in almost 6 episodes, so they basically made him disappear. I literally had to turn this shit off this week. Couldn't even be bothered to hate watch. If this is the last season, I wouldn't be mad. It sucks that a lot of black actors would be out of work, but the creative team has run out of gas and they got nothing left to give. Have the ensemble do the Electric Slide one last time and wrap this shit up.

LongLocs85

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They got Emmitt looking like a straight up beta male... Keisha still having panic attacks but turns around and is comfortable enough to go to ol boy house... Jemma with her "saying you want me is harassment" spill was hella wack - Kev innocent in that regards so dropping those lines for Jemma was overkill by the writers... They ran out of ideas to stick with the defund the police storyline so now they're just shooting from the hip with ideas

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
What happen to Young Simba, Bruce Jenner ran his ass up out of Chicago like Douda did the pimp? He took his shit and bounced. Him and Darnell were the best part of this show.

This show has gotten ass. Have they canceled this shit yet? I felt like they left out an entire story. Maisha turned in to Cardi B, but still stays in the hood?

Russell Westbrook is going to end up being a serial killer or some shit. Why is he trying to wife a chick who was just kidnapped and raped and has the baby? Because going after the chick from elementary school makes too much fuckin sense.

Emmett got help from a tranny chaser on his chick?

RUDY RAYYY MO

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
This shit is unwatchable at this point. There's obviously no straight men left in the writers room because they have emasculated every male character on the show. Except Darnell, and he hasn't had a scene in almost 6 episodes, so they basically made him disappear. I literally had to turn this shit off this week. Couldn't even be bothered to hate watch. If this is the last season, I wouldn't be mad. It sucks that a lot of black actors would be out of work, but the creative team has run out of gas and they got nothing left to give. Have the ensemble do the Electric Slide one last time and wrap this shit up.
Protect Black women bruh

bubba2k5

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What happened to Emmitts other kids/baby mommas? Didn’t he have like 3 kids with 3 different women. The other 2 chicks wouldn’t just disappear, especially now that he has his own restaurant. All my other complaints with the show have already been mentioned. Shit is pure trash. But most shows now are. Like everything being written today is by women for women. Everything is a soap opera

Aww Skeet Skeet!

The antithesis of nonsense.
BGOL Investor
What happen to Young Simba, Bruce Jenner ran his ass up out of Chicago like Douda did the pimp? He took his shit and bounced. Him and Darnell were the best part of this show.

This show has gotten ass. Have they canceled this shit yet? I felt like they left out an entire story. Maisha turned in to Cardi B, but still stays in the hood?

Russell Westbrook is going to end up being a serial killer or some shit. Why is he trying to wife a chick who was just kidnapped and raped and has the baby? Because going after the chick from elementary school makes too much fuckin sense.

Emmett got help from a tranny chaser on his chick?

Yo, I been calling that nigga Russell Westbrook as well, lmao