The Chi Discussion Thread

Ceenote

Thinkn with My 3rd Eye!
Platinum Member
imma miss her though

MV5BMDdjMTkzMzEtYjI4ZC00MGI1LWIyYjItMjMyMDk5ZDQxYzY0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjQ2ODM0MDQ@._V1_.jpg

Database Error

You're right dawg
OG Investor

The third season of The Chi, which will feature series creator and Emmy® winner Lena Waithe (Queen & Slim, Boomerang) in a multi-episode arc as a Chicago mayoral candidate, will premiere on Sunday, July 5 at 10/9c only on SHOWTIME. Starring Jason Mitchell, Ntare Guma Mbaho Mwine, Jacob Latimore, Alex Hibbert, Yolonda Ross, Tiffany Boone and Armando Riesco.

Last edited:

Database Error

You're right dawg
OG Investor
GettyImages-1141959122.jpg

here was plenty of controversy over the show and many were curious after the complaints from someone on the set about some of actions of actor Jason Mitchell. Things were quiet and then we got interviews from Jason Mitchell and Leana Waithe which had at times contrary stories, but I am glad to see that it is back.

Unfortunately we will have to wait until July for the show to return to television but I'll be in line awaiting the return and to see how things will play out.

Read More: The Chi Season 3 Returns In July | https://107jamz.com/the-chi-season-3-returns-in-july/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

Database Error

You're right dawg
OG Investor
THECHI01ab.jpg

In less than two minutes, the new trailer for season three of THE CHI showcases Chicago as one of the most dazzling, diverse, and passionate cities on earth.

Cut to the uplifting beat of hometown superstar Lupe Fiasco’s The Show Goes On, layers of the Windy City unfold as skyline views, church celebrations, and family devotion mix with street scenes, local politics, and raw emotion.

These are a few of the scenes that have helped THE CHI earn nearly a dozen nominations from The Black Reel, Image, and NAMIC Vision Awards.

The trailer also includes a glimpse of series creator, Emmy-winner, and Chicago native Lena Waithe (Queen & Slim, Boomerang) as Camille Hallaway, a character who follows “a multi-episode arc as a Chicago mayoral candidate” in THE CHI season 3, according to a Showtime press release.

“This city wasn’t meant to be a jungle,” says Hallaway. “There’s so much more than that. If you’re with me, let me get a ‘amen.’”

O.J PIMPSON

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The shit you hear when you're out in public:

Aye you seen that BS Queen and Slim movie

Nah, it look like some bullshit though. Plus chick who directed make me wild uncomfortable.

Nigga what? How a b###% u never met make you uncomfortable?

U see her, b$%@# look like she used to beatbox in the hallway for Boogie Down Productions or some shit. Clapping her hands in front of her mouth for the echo and all!!
----------------------

I fucking lost it!! I mean I wasn't even involved in the convo, I was just buying fucking vitamins. I mean I laughed loud and hard!! :lol: :lol: Now I see her in the trailer and that picture and it fucks me up:lol::lol:

the13thround

Rising Star
Platinum Member

The third season of The Chi, which will feature series creator and Emmy® winner Lena Waithe (Queen & Slim, Boomerang) in a multi-episode arc as a Chicago mayoral candidate, will premiere on Sunday, July 5 at 10/9c only on SHOWTIME. Starring Jason Mitchell, Ntare Guma Mbaho Mwine, Jacob Latimore, Alex Hibbert, Yolonda Ross, Tiffany Boone and Armando Riesco.

Can't wait.

dugington

Rising Star
Registered
They just had to crowbar the LGBTQ angle in there.
LOL.
Yeah, it was definitely a focus on the gay newlyweds throughout the whole episode. Which is is strange because neither of those characters were regulars.
I can only think that they will be main characters going forward. Because if not......

GuessWho21212

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Good ep. I’ll continue to tune in as long as it don’t get Empire-ish.
I figured from the previews something was gonna happen to Kiesha along the lanes of a sexual assault. The previews talked about girls going missing in Chicago and they had a quick picture of her crying in a corner somewhere. Plus, her character is gonna get extra screen time now that so many other characters have been written off. I didn't think they would do my guy Reg like that though, they pretty much cut ties with all the guys on the cast.

ANGRY MAN

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I figured from the previews something was gonna happen to Kiesha along the lanes of a sexual assault. The previews talked about girls going missing in Chicago and they had a quick picture of her crying in a corner somewhere. Plus, her character is gonna get extra screen time now that so many other characters have been written off. I didn't think they would do my guy Reg like that though, they pretty much cut ties with all the guys on the cast.

What happen to Tiffany Boone character?

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
I'm glad they didn't try and make things brand new with Ronnie

Kima's speech was mad weird, I'm shocked she hadn't killed herself.

Jerricka broke up with Brandon at the end of last season.

It would have made sense for her to be there, but their lack of response to the initial complaints stopped that from happening.

Fresh1911

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ronnie dusty ass always around whenever shit goes down, guess he'll be the only witness to keisha's abduction

Looks like Emmett will be taking the Brandon role now

Wonder what Trig and his girl are trying to set up shop at that house for
I read that the Trig girl is actually a transsexual :dunno:

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
They should have re-cast Brandon and Jerrika or at least Brandon. He was involved in a major storyline. I wanted to see what was going to happen with him and Douda.

Naw, couldn't replace him. He was too good of an actor.

I don't think he was that essential though. I didn't care for the food truck storyline.

I'm going to miss his cousin and moms boyfriend though.

but they should have done their best to try and get Tiffany Boone up there for one episode.

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
I read that the Trig girl is actually a transsexual :dunno:
I hope not...up until this episode the show's creator has done a good job of not making this a LGBTetc show while still featuring a same sex couple (is that the same dyke as before?)...she came close to a line on this episode and having dude dating a tranny would cross that line...its one thing if that's what the show started out as but The Chi was never that type of show

GuessWho21212

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
At this point, they haven't said HOW Brandon died, and it was a closed casket funeral , so this could still all pan out to be fake and he's hiding somewhere in witness protection. If you remember, at the end of last season he was willing to turn state's evidence against Douda and now that he's running for mayor the Feds could have stepped in and taken over the investigation. It's not likely, given all the behind the scenes drama with Jason Mitchell but the writers did leave themselves an out.

cartempire

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
At this point, they haven't said HOW Brandon died, and it was a closed casket funeral , so this could still all pan out to be fake and he's hiding somewhere in witness protection. If you remember, at the end of last season he was willing to turn state's evidence against Douda and now that he's running for mayor the Feds could have stepped in and taken over the investigation. It's not likely, given all the behind the scenes drama with Jason Mitchell but the writers did leave themselves an out.
Yeah this shit wide open for dawg to be in witness protection, and it would explain why his ex girlfriend wasn't there. I'm tripping off how shorty had to go to a wedding, funeral, and sister got snatched...got damn!

Last edited:

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The writers and directors crafted a script to get rid of characters and on set problems or people that may become a problem
Im still hanging with the show but like i said in the first season i was rooting for Brandon