Dear God..The FANTASTIC FOUR And X-MEN May Finally Come To The MCU As Fox Looks To Sell Movie Studio

daking181

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It’s done!!:bravo::bravo:
http://money.cnn.com/2017/12/14/media/disney-fox-deal/index.html
Disney is buying most of 21st Century Fox for $52.4 billion

By Hadas Gold and Charles Riley December 14, 2017: 7:08 AM ET

Disney (DIS) is buying a huge chunk of 21st Century Fox (FOX) in a deal that promises to reshape the media industry and help the entertainment giant fend off digital rivals such as Netflix.

The $52.4 billion all-stock deal will combine two of the biggest players in Hollywood.

"THE MAN"

Resident Cool Nerd
BGOL Investor
Finally! Make Doom great again!
tumblr_o2a5xfITvL1s5rjeao1_500.gif

2Klub

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I hope they keep Magneto.....

Never thought about it but I’ve enjoyed the older Magneto and Fasbender (sp) as Magneto. I’ve also really enjoyed the older Xavier a lot. I’d love to also see the same folks play Colossus (not the Deadpool version) and night crawler. Now they can get some fuckin consistency regarding Magneto’s children.

Surprised no one has mentioned it but a stand a lone Storm movie (storm was one of the biggest let downs of characters) is now possible (maybe Storm and the warlocks), with appearances by BlackPanther, followed by them getting married in the next movie.

daking181

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Never thought about it but I’ve enjoyed the older Magneto and Fasbender (sp) as Magneto. I’ve also really enjoyed the older Xavier a lot. I’d love to also see the same folks play Colossus (not the Deadpool version) and night crawler. Now they can get some fuckin consistency regarding Magneto’s children.

Surprised no one has mentioned it but a stand a lone Storm movie (storm was one of the biggest let downs of characters) is now possible (maybe Storm and the warlocks), with appearances by BlackPanther, followed by them getting married in the next movie.
I feel you on the Storm thing, however they need to get the X-men right first

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I didn't know Fox had the TV rights to Batman....

the cartoons (BTAS), Gotham...yeah

hell planet of the apes the Simpsons fantastic four the original 3 star wars planet of the apes...

I cannot believe they couldn't find some smart people to make that work...

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
the cartoons (BTAS), Gotham...yeah

hell planet of the apes the Simpsons fantastic four the original 3 star wars planet of the apes...

I cannot believe they couldn't find some smart people to make that work...
Ummmm Gotham is on Fox

Yeah,I went brain dead for a minute,but what I meant was does Disney get the TV rights or does it revert back to Warner Bros.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Yeah,I went brain dead for a minute,but what I meant was does Disney get the TV rights or does it revert back to Warner Bros.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/12/14/16735502/disney-fox-deal-film-tv-studio-acquisition

Disney has acquired 21st Century Fox’s film and TV studios in a landmark deal
If you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em
By Chaim Gartenberg@cgartenberg Dec 14, 2017, 7:04am EST SHARE

DisneyLife-event-20151215-8.0.0.jpg

Disney has acquired 21st Century Fox's film and TV studios in a landmark deal worth over $52 billion.

The arrangement covers the movie studio 20th Century Fox, the company’s TV production arm 20th Century Fox Television, Fox-owned cable networks (including FX and National Geographic), and the company’s stakes in international networks like Star TV and Sky (which Fox is planning to acquire full ownership of before the sale is completed).

Disney also will gain a majority control of Hulu in the deal, with Fox’s 30 percent stake giving Disney a controlling interest of 60 percent. Comcast and Time Warner will be reduced to minority stakeholders, with 30 percent and 10 percent stakes, respectively.

reported earlier, Fox is looking to shed what it views as deadweight in its entertainment divisions in order to focus on the far more profitable news and sports sides of its business.

As such, the company is keeping control of the Fox broadcast network, Fox Sports, and the Fox News and Fox Business brands.

As part of the deal, Disney CEO Bob Iger is extending his time as CEO of the Walt Disney Company through 2021, although no word has been announced as to who his successor may be when he does step down in four years. Iger was originally planning to leave in 2019before the deal went through.

The purchase was originally rumored back in early November, but talks were said to have fallen through. The Wall Street Journal reported that discussions were back on at the beginning of December. Comcast was at one point considered to be a contender for the rights as well.

open its own streaming service in competition to Netflix — now has an even larger back catalog of shows and TV series that it could feasibly offer exclusively on its service.

Other franchises that now belong to the House of Mouse include the Avatar series (which makes Disney’s Pandora theme park a whole lot more sensible), the Aliens movies, Ice Age, the rebooted Planet of the Apes, The Simpsons, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, How I Met Your Mother,Futurama, Firefly, and The X-Files,

to name just a few, all of which would be a massive boon for Disney’s upcoming service.

chilibrick

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
the three questions everyone will be asking is.....
1. when are going to make xmen vs the avengers film?
2. how much is going to make at the box office?
3. how much will it cost to keep the people they got (the avengers crew) and bring back the people they need (jackman as wolverine)?