Dear God..The FANTASTIC FOUR And X-MEN May Finally Come To The MCU As Fox Looks To Sell Movie Studio

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
Hoping this doesn't backfire because we want the X-men in the MCU. So many properties now owned by one company :smh:

Last edited:

Philli

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Hoping this doesn't backfire because we want the X-men in the MCU. Do many properties now owned by one company :smh:
Not sure how this would backfire? Marvel has their own properties back. Fox wasn't utilizing these properties correctly anyway outside of Deadpool. You act like they are being acquired by a company that doesn't have a track record of producing the best comic book adaptations to movies.

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
Not sure how this would backfire? Marvel has their own properties back. Fox wasn't utilizing these properties correctly anyway outside of Deadpool. You act like they are being acquired by a company that doesn't have a track record of producing the best comic book adaptations to movies.

Wow. I'm going to refrain from calling you an idiot, because you didn't understand my post at all and just stayed focussed on "Comic book films".

Aliens is owned by Fox.
The Simpsons is on by Fox.
Planet of the Apes
Predator

Those properties might be affected going forward with new leadership like Disney. Get it?

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
That is exactly what im scared of.

Only so many projects one studio can take on at a time.

Disney has a number of "house rules" that they go by when creating films (mainly staying Pg-13) and they usually have subsidiary studios produce the harder more rated R stuff. My concern is that they don't leave Fox as just a subsidiary and spread those House rules to franchises that need to be hard rated in the first place.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member

While,I agree monopolies are bad,I find it funny folks are complaining about Disney being a monopoly yet say nothing the other corporate studios doing the same thing.

AT&T just brought Warner Bros just last year and Comcast is about to get Sky TV...If,you're outrage about this get mad at the other shit too...

I hate folks pick and choose to be outrage about...

robinsee

Rising Star
Registered
Disney has a number of "house rules" that they go by when creating films (mainly staying Pg-13) and they usually have subsidiary studios produce the harder more rated R stuff. My concern is that they don't leave Fox as just a subsidiary and spread those House rules to franchises that need to be hard rated in the first place.

because Fox was doing such a STELLAR job at it.

keep the R rating subsidiary Disney, just dont let it be Fox

Philli

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Wow. I'm going to refrain from calling you an idiot, because you didn't understand my post at all and just stayed focussed on "Comic book films".

Aliens is owned by Fox.
The Simpsons is on by Fox.
Planet of the Apes
Predator

Those properties might be affected going forward with new leadership like Disney. Get it?

This is very true... I literally was just focusing on the "Marvel" aspect. In regards to the other franchises... you might be right with your concerns.

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
Fox managed to fuck up Predator, Alien, and Planet of the Apes, where is he right?

They are distinct franchises and because Fox messed those up (over time) doesn't mean Disney will do better. And you're way wrong about Planet of the Apes. Out of the three you named that was the one that shined bright like a diamond.

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
i liked the doom in the last fantastic four movie. he had the darth vader in rogue one moment in the lab.

imo, that is how doom would act.

robinsee

Rising Star
Registered
They are distinct franchises and because Fox messed those up (over time) doesn't mean Disney will do better. And you're way wrong about Planet of the Apes. Out of the three you named that was the one that shined bright like a diamond.

no one ever claimed Disney WILL DO anything, we just WANT them to do the right thing with the franchises they bought.

whatever the right thing is doesn't involve 'leaving Fox as just a subsidiary' as you suggested. you should be a hollywood executive with suggestions like that.

and that shined bright like a diamond claim doesn't even deserve a response.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
Lets see who is laughing when Disney buys up all the studios and raise streaming prices to cable levels.