Dear God..The FANTASTIC FOUR And X-MEN May Finally Come To The MCU As Fox Looks To Sell Movie Studio

Multi - Personality

Rising Star
Registered
The FANTASTIC FOUR And X-MEN May Finally Come To The MCU As Fox Looks To Sell Movie Studio To Disney
155061.jpg

Well, it's fair to say none of us saw this coming! 21st Century Fox has been in talks with Disney to sell its movie studio and that means the Fantastic Four and X-Men characters would return to Marvel...
Josh Wilding | 11/6/2017
Filed Under: "Fantastic Four" Source: CNBC
FF_X-_Men.jpg

In a shocking turn of events, it's been revealed today that 21st Century Fox is looking to sell the majority of its assets to the Walt Disney Co. The sale would leave the company focusing solely on news and sports and that means the movie studio would also go to the House of Mouse. What does that mean? Well, the Fantastic Four and X-Men franchises would once again belong to Marvel Studios!

The talks have taken place over the past few weeks and have now stopped but that doesn't mean a deal won't be made; it just means both sides have walked away from the table to mull things over!

After all, this is a massive deal and an awful lot of money will change hands. There's more to this than just the Fantastic Four and X-Men characters too as Disney would own the movie studio and a number of other assets such as a stake in overseas companies like Sky Television. However, they would not buy the Fox broadcast network because of anti-competition rules which prohibit that from happening.

Bringing the Fantastic Four and X-Men characters into the Marvel Cinematic Universe would be huge and means Marvel has access to all of its heroes and villains. Phase 4 sure would look a lot different with Wolverine and The Thing hanging around with The Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy, eh?

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/fant...-looks-to-sell-movie-studio-to-disney-a155061

http://deadline.com/2017/11/21st-century-fox-has-held-merger-talks-with-disney-report-1202202840/

Last edited:

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
overall this is not good news
outside of comic / Marvel rights - I can't think of anything good about a major studio being absorbed by Disney

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
why do say that?

I felt the same WAY back

http://www.bgol.us/forum/index.php?...dhood-update-ok-now-im-cool-with-this.717679/

but now?

I really don't see the issue.
this is not the same thing - FOX is a direct competitor to Disney in every way - not a smaller company being absorbed

With Fox -its not only Fox, its Fox Searchlight etc..
that's one less major and a few less independent distributors and outlets

leaving only Disney Universal WB and maybe Viacom a majors
less competition is not good

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
Hmm. I'm thinking there's more than meets the eye here. What I don't know but, as is the numbers just don't track.

Last edited:

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I bet Hugh Jackman will come back if this happens.

Hugh Jackman as wolverine with the Avengers :itsawrap:
fuhgedaboudit

based on Spidey and Hulk- it would be a total re-cast and I doubt Marvel studios will ever cast a +6' tall dude to play Wolverine