Dear God..The FANTASTIC FOUR And X-MEN May Finally Come To The MCU As Fox Looks To Sell Movie Studio

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
F*ck yeah.
Nah. They can't just do reshoots with those characters. It'll be Justice League all over again. Marvel had done a good job of explaining where every character came from, giving them some type of origin. Even in the fox movies. Throwing new characters at us in the middle of war would make no sense. Not unless they were hinted at or mentioned before. Let's not forget, we have Scarlett Which here already. Her brother died, but Is still alive in X-Men. She was never mentioned in X-Men, but it was hinted that Magneto is Quicksilver's farther. So that whole thing will have to be cleaned up a little.

Marvel can make it work, but it's best not to rush. They have Netflix and other TV shows at their disposal, should they choose to incorporate certain characters. They have quite a few options to use to introduce other characters. Reshoots can be fine for the upcoming Fox movies to make an MCU connection.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Nah. They can't just do reshoots with those characters. It'll be Justice League all over again. Marvel had done a good job of explaining where every character came from, giving them some type of origin. Even in the fox movies. Throwing new characters at us in the middle of war would make no sense. Not unless they were hinted at or mentioned before. Let's not forget, we have Scarlett Which here already. Her brother died, but Is still alive in X-Men. She was never mentioned in X-Men, but it was hinted that Magneto is Quicksilver's farther. So that whole thing will have to be cleaned up a little.

Marvel can make it work, but it's best not to rush. They have Netflix and other TV shows at their disposal, should they choose to incorporate certain characters. They have quite a few options to use to introduce other characters. Reshoots can be fine for the upcoming Fox movies to make an MCU connection.

Fam...

If I told 10 years ago we would get a justice leagle movie 3 star wars and infinity wars and Disney would OWN Marvel and Star Wars and the Muppets and buy fox would you have believed me?

In this new era?

ANYTHING is possible

jJF1QS.gif

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They won't add any new characters,especially when they're in the middle of production for Avengers 4 now and about to end Phase 3 next year.

Now,if the deal gets finalized I could see them start announcing movies at Comic Con next year,since Phase 4 begins in 2019.The only two movies that's on the schedule for Phase 4 are Captain Marvel,Avengers 4 and Guardians of the Galaxy 3(haven't been officially announced,but James Gunn said he's writing for the third movie now.).
Interesting...

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
Marvel Studios' Kevin Feige Reportedly Eager to Get His Hands on X-Men Universe

News of the possible acquisition deal between Disney and Fox has been exciting for Marvel fans now that the possibility of the Marvel Cinematic Universe at long last having its fully character catalog at its disposal is closer to reality than ever. But it turns out that fans might not be the only people eager to see the X-Men enter the MCU. Kevin Feige is reportedly eager, too.

A new report form Deadline discussing what a combined Disney-Fox powerhouse might look like specifically asked how the Fox film assets might fit within Disney's culture and revealed that, when it comes to the popular X-Men Universe, Marvel Studios president Feige is reportedly eager to get his hands on the property and bring them into the MCU.

As the report notes, Fox has several Marvel projects in the pipeline, including Deadpool 2, New Mutants, Dark Phoenix, Gambit, X-Force, as well as Multiple Man. With Feige's track record of success with superhero movies as well as the success of Marvel Studio's partnership with Sony on Spider-Man: Homecoming, Feige would have a huge opportunity to "cross-pollinate" the existing Marvel franchise heroes with the vast offerings of the X-Men world. Considering that Feige is responsible four of the 15 top grossing films of all time, it could be very lucrative for Disney.

Rumors of the Disney/Fox deal first began circulating in early November and, at the time, negotiations had stalled out. But later reports surfaced that the negotiations were back on with Fox favoring Disney over other potential buyers. The assets Disney is seeking to purchase are valued at as much as $67 billion with Disney's interest in Fox said to be largely influenced by wanting to regain film rights to all of the Marvel Comics characters. The rights to X-Men, Fantastic Four, and Deadpool are all currently held by 20th Century Fox.

And while Feige is reportedly excited about the movie potential of the merger, others related to the MCU are, too. Chris Evans, who plays Captain America, is already jokingly making movie pitches for the combined companies.

"So who do I talk to about a Cap/Human Torch buddy comedy spin-off? I'm thinking Planes, Trains and Automobiles meets Parent Trap," Evans wrote on Twitter, the joke being that before Evans was Captain America, he was Fox's Human Torch.

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/12/07/x-men-dark-phoenix-fan-reactions/

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
after reading more of the thread i get that now.

i didn't know that before. that seems ludicrous to me after all the hoopla with lucas selling star wars to disney.

From what I understand,Disney owns the Star Wars franchise(meaning they can do whatever story they want in the Star Wars universe)but Fox owns the the first 6 episodes.

TimRock

BGOL Investor
Marvel is also gonna have to do something about the Inhumans. I really think if they had gotten a good cast and made it into a movie, it could have been on the level of GOTG. Gotta bring the Illuminati together some how.

And i would love if Black Panther 2 involved the Namor story line, FF can also be included in that too.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
This shit has me exited over the possibilities.

Phase 5 doesn't even need to be Avengers heavy, they can just focus on X-Men storylines and mix in other characters from the Marvel universe.

I'd love to see Marvel tackle some of the X-Men classic stories.

TimRock

BGOL Investor
This shit has me exited over the possibilities.

Phase 5 doesn't even need to be Avengers heavy, they can just focus on X-Men storylines and mix in other characters from the Marvel universe.

I'd love to see Marvel tackle some of the X-Men classic stories.
x-force movie needs to happen as well.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
Marvel is also gonna have to do something about the Inhumans. I really think if they had gotten a good cast and made it into a movie, it could have been on the level of GOTG. Gotta bring the Illuminati together some how.

And i would love if Black Panther 2 involved the Namor story line, FF can also be included in that too.

The Inhumans is dead.

No way,they're going to do Inhumans with the possibility of getting X-Men.

On top of that,Inhumans got mismanage heavily,because they should of introduced the royal family on Agents of Shield and then have the show,since everyone would be familiar with them.

T'Challa

Rising Star
Registered
The Inhumans is dead.

No way,they're going to do Inhumans with the possibility of getting X-Men.

On top of that,Inhumans got mismanage heavily,because they should of introduced the royal family on Agents of Shield and then have the show,since everyone would be familiar with them.

You settle for paul masson if Hennessy is not available

Inhumans is paul...... now they can cop the fifth of henn

and post avengers 4 is the PERFECT set up to introduce the Illuminati....

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
Disney And Fox Reportedly Working Out Fine Print On Deal

In what could possibly be the biggest merger in the entertainment industry of the century, talks for the Walt Disney Company to purchase assets from 21st Century Fox are seemingly inching closer to the finish line. The most recent report from Variety is that talks have progressed far enough that both companies have tasked bankers with ironing out the fine print of the deal.

Reports of the deal claim that the acquisition wouldn't be a complete merging of the two companies, but that Disney would purchase a majority of Fox's most valuable assets, including film and TV rights to their various properties. A source close to the deal claims terms could be agreed upon by Christmas.

Rumors of the deal first broke in November, only for talks to quickly fizzle out. Comcast reportedly began discussions to purchase Fox, only for those talks to also come to a halt.

According to Bernstein Research analyst Todd Juenger, the deal is estimated at around $74 billion.

The motivation for Disney to purchase Fox's movie and TV assets would largely hinge on the Marvel characters the company owns, such as the X-Men, Fantastic Four andDeadpool. Disney has previously worked out deals with Sony to acquire rights for Spider-Man to debut in Captain America: Civil War, a deal that was not only financially lucrative but also was received well by fans.

Marvel first sold the rights to many of their major properties in the '90s when the company was on the verge of bankruptcy, with X-Men, the first foray into the current comic book domination of the box office, proved how lucrative many of these characters could be on the big screen. Sony's Spider-Man in 2002 continued that success, leading to a variety of comic book characters getting the feature film treatment.

In 2008, Marvel Studios debuted Iron Man, the first installment in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, a series of films which has since earned over $13 billion worldwide.

Given the massive fanbase of the X-Men, many audiences have been frustrated that the mutants haven't been able to appear in the MCU, which this deal could completely change.

Stay tuned for details on the acquisition.

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/12/08/disney-fox-merger-purchase-progress-fine-print/

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Disney And Fox Reportedly Working Out Fine Print On Deal

In what could possibly be the biggest merger in the entertainment industry of the century, talks for the Walt Disney Company to purchase assets from 21st Century Fox are seemingly inching closer to the finish line. The most recent report from Variety is that talks have progressed far enough that both companies have tasked bankers with ironing out the fine print of the deal.

Reports of the deal claim that the acquisition wouldn't be a complete merging of the two companies, but that Disney would purchase a majority of Fox's most valuable assets, including film and TV rights to their various properties. A source close to the deal claims terms could be agreed upon by Christmas.

Rumors of the deal first broke in November, only for talks to quickly fizzle out. Comcast reportedly began discussions to purchase Fox, only for those talks to also come to a halt.

According to Bernstein Research analyst Todd Juenger, the deal is estimated at around $74 billion.

The motivation for Disney to purchase Fox's movie and TV assets would largely hinge on the Marvel characters the company owns, such as the X-Men, Fantastic Four andDeadpool. Disney has previously worked out deals with Sony to acquire rights for Spider-Man to debut in Captain America: Civil War, a deal that was not only financially lucrative but also was received well by fans.

Marvel first sold the rights to many of their major properties in the '90s when the company was on the verge of bankruptcy, with X-Men, the first foray into the current comic book domination of the box office, proved how lucrative many of these characters could be on the big screen. Sony's Spider-Man in 2002 continued that success, leading to a variety of comic book characters getting the feature film treatment.

In 2008, Marvel Studios debuted Iron Man, the first installment in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, a series of films which has since earned over $13 billion worldwide.

Given the massive fanbase of the X-Men, many audiences have been frustrated that the mutants haven't been able to appear in the MCU, which this deal could completely change.

Stay tuned for details on the acquisition.

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/12/08/disney-fox-merger-purchase-progress-fine-print/
:eek2: :bravo:

Ryan Reynolds like :mike::lol:

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Going to be interesting to see who they cast as the X-Men. Hoping Roy Batty finally gets a shot to play Magneto.