Dear God..The FANTASTIC FOUR And X-MEN May Finally Come To The MCU As Fox Looks To Sell Movie Studio

MurderCity

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/deadpool-will-stay-r-rated-fox-disney-merger-1067651

Deadpool Can Stay R-Rated at Disney, Says Bob Iger

acquisition of 21st Century Fox, Iger addressed the future of Deadpool, Ryan Reynolds' raunchy and lucrative R-rated Marvel franchise at Fox.

"It [Deadpool] clearly has been and will be Marvel branded. But we think there might be an opportunity for a Marvel-R brand for something like Deadpool," said Iger. "As long as we let the audiences know what's coming, we think we can manage that fine."

Fox has had big success over the past two years with R-rated Marvel movies. 2016's Deadpool became the top-grossing X-Men movie ever with $783 million worldwide, while this year's Logan was a commercial and critical success, with $616 million worldwide. Both have been credited with helping revitalize the superhero genre by giving audiences something new.

But ahead of Disney's Fox acquisition, observers wondered if the family friendly company would be open to releasing such films. Disney owns Marvel, but Fox had long ago obtained the rights to make films using Marvel's X-Men characters such as Deadpool and Wolverine, as well as the Fantastic Four

In the meantime, Disney's Marvel Studios has worked hard to maintain its continuity, telling parts of one overarching story in each of it's movies from 2008's Iron Man — building an empire without using Marvel's most popular characters such as X-Men (and until 2016), Spider-Man. While the merger begs the question of if Fox's current iteration of the X-Men would be recast (stars include Jennifer Lawrence, James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender), Deadpool exists above continuity in a way that could allow him to survive the move to Disney unchanged, and even comment on the merger in his movies. (The first Deadpool saw the character make fun of Fox and the X-Men movies' confusing timelines.)

Deadpool star Reynolds has made multiple jokes about leading up to the merger. As the deal neared on Dec. 6, Reynolds wrote on Twitter, "Time to uncork that explosive sexual tension between Deadpool and Mickey Mouse." On Nov. 6, when CNBCbroke the story that a merger was possible, Reynolds asked, "If this is true, I wonder how the fudge it would affect Deadpool?"

And on Thursday after the news broke, he shared a photo of Deadpool being kicked out of Disneyland, captioning it, "Apparently you can’t actually blow the Matterhorn."

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
the three questions everyone will be asking is.....
1. when are going to make xmen vs the avengers film?
2. how much is going to make at the box office?
3. how much will it cost to keep the people they got (the avengers crew) and bring back the people they need (jackman as wolverine)?
Will they make another FF reboot, and will Doom be the villain. We've seen it twice already. I think it's time they get a new villain involved. Maybe Doom and someone else. But it shouldn't be Doom by himself.

Or maybe, Black Panther 2 featuring the FF.

D'Evils

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Finally...

Only Deadpool (Ryan Reynolds) and Blade (Wesley Snipes) should join the existing MCU as is....

Everybody else should be recast (especially Jennifer Lawrence) and all storylines ended to bring continuity to the MCU.

Now cast a new Storm and put her back with the Panther and give us the Royal wedding we deserve...

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor
Now cast a new Storm and put her back with the Panther and give us the Royal wedding we deserve...
aW8X6.gif

Preach !!!!!!!

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
the three questions everyone will be asking is.....
1. when are going to make xmen vs the avengers film?
2. how much is going to make at the box office?
3. how much will it cost to keep the people they got (the avengers crew) and bring back the people they need (jackman as wolverine)?

They've been saying for the past couple of months Phase 4 will be totally different.I think they're going to do more cosmic story lines.

Also,I won't be shocked,if they get kill a few members in Infinity War and Avengers 4,so they can add new members to the team or do like they've been doing for Iron Man,have the original members like Captain America,Iron Man,Black Widow as a special guest. I think having them as a special guest will be alot better than to outright killing them though.

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
They've been saying for the past couple of months Phase 4 will be totally different.I think they're going to do more cosmic story lines.

Also,I won't be shocked,if they get kill a few members in Infinity War and Avengers 4,so they can add new members to the team or do like they've been doing for Iron Man,have the original members like Captain America,Iron Man,Black Widow as a special guest. I think having them as a special guest will be alot better than to outright killing them though.
it'd be funny if they killed Captain America then cast Chris to play Human Torch.......nah, it wouldn't be.

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor

The thought of them killing people off in Infinity War has me nervous because of that one shot in the trailer where Panther, War Machine, and Falcon are all on screen together. I'm hoping like hell that they don't pull some Walking Dead shit.

D'Evils

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What's crazy we my finally get the Original Spiderman and his Amazing Friends the way it was intended with Iceman and Johnny Storm (licensing issues dating back 1980's)....

MV5BYjNkMGMxNDMtNjgxYi00ZjMzLWE1YmQtNGQxOWM2NTMxNThjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTQ5Njk1NDU@._V1_UY268_CR7,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Here is the only thing that matters to me..

Will we hear the word Mutant in eithe Black Panther or Infinity Wars.

It’s not to late to throw in at least one “mutant” in black Panther.

I swear to gawd that the first time I hear the word “mutant” in an Avengers film I’m flipping out.

Side note... Now I can finally have the Super Skrull movie that I’ve always wanted. I don’t need the fantastic four... I just need their amazing rogue gallery. I just want Doctor Doom and Captain America battling out.

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/deadpool-will-stay-r-rated-fox-disney-merger-1067651

Deadpool Can Stay R-Rated at Disney, Says Bob Iger

acquisition of 21st Century Fox, Iger addressed the future of Deadpool, Ryan Reynolds' raunchy and lucrative R-rated Marvel franchise at Fox.

"It [Deadpool] clearly has been and will be Marvel branded. But we think there might be an opportunity for a Marvel-R brand for something like Deadpool," said Iger. "As long as we let the audiences know what's coming, we think we can manage that fine."

Fox has had big success over the past two years with R-rated Marvel movies. 2016's Deadpool became the top-grossing X-Men movie ever with $783 million worldwide, while this year's Logan was a commercial and critical success, with $616 million worldwide. Both have been credited with helping revitalize the superhero genre by giving audiences something new.

But ahead of Disney's Fox acquisition, observers wondered if the family friendly company would be open to releasing such films. Disney owns Marvel, but Fox had long ago obtained the rights to make films using Marvel's X-Men characters such as Deadpool and Wolverine, as well as the Fantastic Four

In the meantime, Disney's Marvel Studios has worked hard to maintain its continuity, telling parts of one overarching story in each of it's movies from 2008's Iron Man — building an empire without using Marvel's most popular characters such as X-Men (and until 2016), Spider-Man. While the merger begs the question of if Fox's current iteration of the X-Men would be recast (stars include Jennifer Lawrence, James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender), Deadpool exists above continuity in a way that could allow him to survive the move to Disney unchanged, and even comment on the merger in his movies. (The first Deadpool saw the character make fun of Fox and the X-Men movies' confusing timelines.)

Deadpool star Reynolds has made multiple jokes about leading up to the merger. As the deal neared on Dec. 6, Reynolds wrote on Twitter, "Time to uncork that explosive sexual tension between Deadpool and Mickey Mouse." On Nov. 6, when CNBCbroke the story that a merger was possible, Reynolds asked, "If this is true, I wonder how the fudge it would affect Deadpool?"

And on Thursday after the news broke, he shared a photo of Deadpool being kicked out of Disneyland, captioning it, "Apparently you can’t actually blow the Matterhorn."

Ryan Reynolds like:dance2::mike:

as far as F4 goes watch them try and call up,say,George Clooney for Reed Richards(if BC can play Dr Strange :dunno: )

also bring back Michael Chiklis for Ben Grimm/Thing except this time put him in a mo-cap suit

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
I do hate to say one this thing... I am slightly and I mean slightly worried about this. Disney is now the most power studio the world has ever seen. The closest equivalent would have to be the old school RKO studios.

They just spent 50 billion on this asset meaning that other areas will likely see cuts.

The other issue is that even though we might have hated how FOX handled the x-men property... it was nice to have an alternative to Marvel, Sony and DC.

Right now we just have Marvel, Sony and DC and i promise you... if Disney did this for X-men.. they are willing to do the same for Spider-Man. You can’t tell me that Sony isn’t sitting there right now and thinking about this.

I also don’t see Disney changing up their movie schedule and putting out more then 3 superhero flicks per year. They can’t have properties compete against each other.

X-men and Dark Phoenix are locked in... but what about 2019. Marvel already has their films in lock for years.. So when are they going to drop these extras movie. You rarely see one studio drop move then 3 over 150 budget blockbusters per year... would they push back a Black Panther 2 to introduce their new X-men. What about Ms Marvel? What about Spider-Man?? Will the X-men be part of the new phase .

Plus you have to factor in Star Wars and Pixar.

It could be 2022 or 2023 before we see anything.

D'Evils

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I think it would be a great idea to reboot the series,since FOX fucked it up...

Or add it to the Marvel's multiverse...

Have them meet up with the Guardians on a side mission...

Or have a Shield and X-Files crossover... (Coulson and May with Molder and Scully...)

Or a Buffy and Blade crossover...

Or have the Silver Surfer save Avatar from Galaxus...

Or have John McClane show in Frank Castle's PTSD classes...

Or have the Fringe's Watchers and Marvel's Watchers connected observing the Multiverse...

The possibilities are endless..

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Or add it to the Marvel's multiverse...

Have them meet up with the Guardians on a side mission...

Or have a Shield and X-Files crossover... (Coulson and May with Molder and Scully...)

Or a Buffy and Blade crossover...

Or have the Silver Surfer save Avatar from Galaxus...

Or have John McClane show in Frank Castle's PTSD classes...

Or have the Fringe's Watchers and Marvel's Watchers connected observing the Multiverse...

The possibilities are endless..

Deadpool could pop up in a Agents of SHIELD episode..
"I'll explain everything during the commercial break."
Coulson:"Commercial break?? What*cuts to black screen* "

The Guardians could be seen in the Mos Eisley cantina :lol:

Cameron does a Predator/Avatar crossover :roflmao2:

speaking of Alien maybe Neill Blomkamp could try and get that Aliens follow-up back on track

Last edited:

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
Anyone think Disney is going to scrap all the movies Fox had planned in the future,outside of the new X-Men and Deadpool movies.

mark115

Rising Star
Registered
I do hate to say one this thing... I am slightly and I mean slightly worried about this. Disney is now the most power studio the world has ever seen. The closest equivalent would have to be the old school RKO studios.

They just spent 50 billion on this asset meaning that other areas will likely see cuts.

The other issue is that even though we might have hated how FOX handled the x-men property... it was nice to have an alternative to Marvel, Sony and DC.

Right now we just have Marvel, Sony and DC and i promise you... if Disney did this for X-men.. they are willing to do the same for Spider-Man. You can’t tell me that Sony isn’t sitting there right now and thinking about this.

I also don’t see Disney changing up their movie schedule and putting out more then 3 superhero flicks per year. They can’t have properties compete against each other.

X-men and Dark Phoenix are locked in... but what about 2019. Marvel already has their films in lock for years.. So when are they going to drop these extras movie. You rarely see one studio drop move then 3 over 150 budget blockbusters per year... would they push back a Black Panther 2 to introduce their new X-men. What about Ms Marvel? What about Spider-Man?? Will the X-men be part of the new phase .

Plus you have to factor in Star Wars and Pixar.

It could be 2022 or 2023 before we see anything.
This

BP got pushed back once when they brought Spider-Man on and I can see them doing it again when they launch Xmen and FF.

It's also why Inhumans got dropped from the movie slate and done as a lame tv show Instead.

The only reason they did BP Guardians DR Strange ect was because they didn't have FF and X men so say good bye to obscure characters you wouldn't expect.

superfusion

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
Anyone think Disney is going to scrap all the movies Fox had planned in the future,outside of the new X-Men and Deadpool movies.
Reports are saying Disney is thinking about cancelling the Dark Phoenix movie.

Can you imagine,you just finished a movie and it gets cancel,because the studio you worked with just got purchased by another studio...

:roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2:

This

BP got pushed back once when they brought Spider-Man on and I can see them doing it again when they launch Xmen and FF.

It's also why Inhumans got dropped from the movie slate and done as a lame tv show Instead.

The only reason they did BP Guardians DR Strange ect was because they didn't have FF and X men so say good bye to obscure characters you wouldn't expect.

Actually,Kevin Feige wanted to do Black Panther,but had to make a deal with Perlmutter.Perlmutter wanted an Inhumans movie,while Feige was against it,so he basically caved in and did it in order to get the Black Panther movie done.

This was when Feige had to report to Perlmutter at the time,they didn't get along because Perlmutter is a known asshole to people.

It's the reason,why Marvel reorganized their chain of command, a few years ago,because Feige was going to leave Marvel at the time.

shamone

Rising Star
OG Investor
Will they make another FF reboot, and will Doom be the villain. We've seen it twice already. I think it's time they get a new villain involved. Maybe Doom and someone else. But it shouldn't be Doom by himself.

Or maybe, Black Panther 2 featuring the FF.
doom can be use as a villian in the mcu for a larger story arc . ff can appear in other folks movies . sliver surfer , gatticlus those will be interesting for where the mcu is going after avengers 4.

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

Can you imagine,you just finished a movie and it gets cancel,because the studio you worked with just got purchased by another studio...

Probably make it a VOD/Netflix release rather than just can it outright

D'Evils

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
M no kmm. Mm mm

Hell yeah...

If it's not already in production I expect Marvel to scrape it...

The Dark Phoneix should be the last Fox flim but Deadpool, Gambit and X Force are already in Pre-Production...

I hope Feige had some input

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Huge deal for Disney/Marvel.

I'm happy they are leaving Deadpool alone.

I doubt it will happen but it would be nice if they let the former-Fox properties exist in their own unique universe. But likely that's not going to happen and they are going to merge them in the current universe.

D'Evils

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Actually,Kevin Feige wanted to do Black Panther,but had to make a deal with Perlmutter.Perlmutter wanted an Inhumans movie,while Feige was against it,so he basically caved in and did it in order to get the Black Panther movie done.

This was when Feige had to report to Perlmutter at the time,they didn't get along because Perlmutter is a known asshole to people.

It's the reason,why Marvel reorganized their chain of command, a few years ago,because Feige was going to leave Marvel at the time.

If reports are true or simply a rumour then it means the movie sucks...

I think Marvel is going to make sure you know when and where they produce the new X-Men....

There is no way they want the Fox/Singer era attached to the MCU...