Who Here Has Expensive Hobbies and/or Toys

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
I love books. I buy for knowledge. I got to have 30k+ in books.

Books are my weakness, tho I haven't been reading as much for pleasure lately. There was a time I'd buy a book before I bought food. I don't have the space for them, so I'm glad I can download most stuff now. Thanks to ereaders, if I'm going on a road trip, I don't have to choose just one or two books to take with me, I can bring thousands in the space of one book. I prefer the look, feel and smell of real books. Turning pages is comforting to me.

I used to have to give books away when I ran out of space, and my brother just cleaned out our garage where I had a bunch of books stored. I told him to just trash them because I didn't want to bring them back in the house, but it hurt my heart. I'm hoping to be able to replace the book cases in my office next year with something floor to ceiling so I can get the ones I have in storage boxes in the house on a shelf I can easily access. I currently have about 16000 I've downloaded but there are a few hundred more I haven't imported into calibre yet.

I still will buy some books, especially the oversized cookbooks. I have a kindle oasis, an old sony ereader which I still love and a few tablets. Boox has color eink ereaders, but I'm hoping the come out with a 14 inch one that is reasonably priced. I prefer the eink to the tablets, less eye strain.

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor
Books are my weakness, tho I haven't been reading as much for pleasure lately. There was a time I'd buy a book before I bought food. I don't have the space for them, so I'm glad I can download most stuff now. Thanks to ereaders, if I'm going on a road trip, I don't have to choose just one or two books to take with me, I can bring thousands in the space of one book. I prefer the look, feel and smell of real books. Turning pages is comforting to me.

I used to have to give books away when I ran out of space, and my brother just cleaned out our garage where I had a bunch of books stored. I told him to just trash them because I didn't want to bring them back in the house, but it hurt my heart. I'm hoping to be able to replace the book cases in my office next year with something floor to ceiling so I can get the ones I have in storage boxes in the house on a shelf I can easily access. I currently have about 16000 I've downloaded but there are a few hundred more I haven't imported into calibre yet.

I still will buy some books, especially the oversized cookbooks. I have a kindle oasis, an old sony ereader which I still love and a few tablets. Boox has color eink ereaders, but I'm hoping the come out with a 14 inch one that is reasonably priced. I prefer the eink to the tablets, less eye strain.
When we renovated our house, we had a custom bookshelf made for my wife's books. It takes up a whole wall, and it's packed.

Last edited:

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Eddie Hazel too.
Yup.

C9ma70.jpg

scullydog

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Cool stuff. I brought a kindle too. I had some very deep and arcane literature from the 18th century but had to get rid of it. I didn't want anybody going through my library. I was young and foolish, I should have kept that batch of books. It had to be at least 200 books. I got a few thousand now, but nothing like that 200 I got rid of. Keep up the good work. Although I might end up with a lot of money when I am gone. I want someone who will appreciate what I have acquire over 30 years of adding to the library, hopefully they can build onto the collection.

notreally

Rising Star
Registered
Classic film cameras.

Large format photography is hideously expensive. An 8x10 camera (decent one), maybe 60 years old, can set you back
a good 1600 bucks. A nice 300mm lens 40yrs old or more) maybe 500 to 1500 more. Film holders (hold 2 sheets of film), about 50 bucks each used.

Then there is the film. Close to 100 bucks for 25 exposures of black and white.

Every time you click the shutter, you spend about 5 bucks, NOT including development.

Now film has made a comeback among hipsters and artists.
Prices are back up at what they were literally 20 years ago.

notreally

Rising Star
Registered

Cool.
I understand. I used to collect dictionaries.

I had one from 1942 that was almost 6 inches deep. I had several multi-volume dictionaries. I was eyeing buying and O.E.D., one volume for each letter, and a few supplemental volumes.

Glad I got over that addiction...

killagram

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I really wanted to get into firearms but I realized that's just too much skrilla for something I hope to never have to use! All the good shit starts at $1000!

Hell naw....they got a company called SCcy..that got quality firearms.. subcompact...with a warranty..that's under 400 bucks...last time I checked..brah

papi68

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Shit, silverware and plates. What are the things that go under the plates called? Not coasters. Entire Ralph Lauren matching sets. With the braided silver.

Found a nice gold every day silverware set on Amazon.

Shoes? At least 75 pairs of Ferragamo’s wife has another 50-75 pairs. I shop a lot.

She got this Louis bag a few months ago. Leather. Perforated. Only 14 in the US. $5k. Mostly has Ferragamo. There are different levels of Ferragamo though. Get those limited editions. They’re numbered. 1/100. 23/500. Shit like that. Each shoe is a couple grand.

In my head I’m always broke. Stay grinding.

Def not bragging. Just talking.

They’re called chargers

yureeka9

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I also got a custom jean fetish....and red bottom shoe fetish...had this on earlier...when I was on the water...with that thang on me...as always...brah...too many hobbies to name...1500.00 jeans...1500.00 shoes...brah
Damn! We got some ballers on this board! Mofos with custom vines, boats, arsenals, high end cookware, etc!! I feel broke as hell next to all this luxury and fine dining!:eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2:

killagram

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nah don't buy Sccy pistols. They're trash. If you want something good for around $400 then get a Canik pistol. One of the best triggers out of the box. They're Walther clones basically

I had a Sccy..that I gave to my little sister...it shot well over 600 rounds...not one jam...trigger pull was a difficult adjustment...but shit...I would put my life on the line...and swear to it's dependability...brah

killagram

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Damn! We got some ballers on this board! Mofos with custom vines, boats, arsenals, high end cookware, etc!! I feel broke as hell next to all this luxury and fine dining!:eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2:

I post pics...so a nigga can't say...I'm cappin...brah.. everyone ain't gone do it...

killagram

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Muffuckin rite...I bought a truck that I use only for hauling my boat....it costs me 400.00 Everytime I hook to it...I had it out today...with some drunk white hoes...on the reservoir...drunk and speeding...in it...jackkk

On God...I got the same white hoes..that was riding in my boat...with me ret night... smokin...and busting it wide open...brah

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
I had a Sccy..that I gave to my little sister...it shot well over 600 rounds...not one jam...trigger pull was a difficult adjustment...but shit...I would put my life on the line...and swear to it's dependability...brah
Then you're one of the few. Sccy pistols are just a notch over getting a Hi-Point. I definitely wouldn't trust them. Only pistol at the $400 price range I'd mess with is a Canik. Taurus is borderline and improving but not there yet. I'd still trust a Taurus G3, G3c & GX4 before I trust a Sccy pistol. And to be honest, if you're already around $400, then just save a few more bucks and you can get something with reputable quality like a Smith & Wesson M&P for around $450-500. Even a Springfield can be had for around that price as well

killagram

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Then you're one of the few. Sccy pistols are just a notch over getting a Hi-Point. I definitely wouldn't trust them. Only pistol at the $400 price range I'd mess with is a Canik. Taurus is borderline and improving but not there yet. I'd still trust a Taurus G3, G3c & GX4 before I trust a Sccy pistol. And to be honest, if you're already around $400, then just save a few more bucks and you can get something with reputable quality like a Smith & Wesson M&P for around $450-500. Even a Springfield can be had for around that price as well

Naw...I'm out that league now...brah...I got .454 casulls'... desert eagles...and mo shit....it was a good starting everyday carry..

killagram

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I tote those builds on me 24/7...but when Im bout to step...I roll with .45 caliber everythang...brah

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
Naw...I'm out that league now...brah...I got .454 casulls'... desert eagles...and mo shit....it was a good starting everyday carry..
That's cool. My statement was also meant for anyone else who may be looking at getting 1st time pistols. A lot of ppl especially black ppl, who aren't familiar with firearms, make their 1st buy based on lower price, it being "pretty" or name familiarity. Absolutely little to no research and end up with a McRib of a gun. It's not totally their fault though. You don't know what you don't know. A good amount of the people in my chapter, including me, try to help others avoid making that mistake and provide as much info as possible so that they can make a good informed purchase.

killagram

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That's cool. My statement was also meant for anyone else who may be looking at getting 1st time pistols. A lot of ppl especially black ppl, who aren't familiar with firearms, make their 1st buy based on lower price, it being "pretty" or name familiarity. Absolutely little to no research and end up with a McRib of a gun. It's not totally their fault though. You don't know what you don't know. A good amount of the people in my chapter, including me, try to help others avoid making that mistake and provide as much info as possible so that they can make a good informed purchase.

Cool...I agree...but had to put the info out...as I seen it from first hand experiences..brah

killagram

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah they will but 10mm is still better imo. 10mm is the most versatile pistol caliber overall. They hit much harder than .45, get deeper penetration than 9mm and can be purchased in supersonic or subsonic if you want to suppress it.

Yep...but 10mm rounds aren't found everywhere....45 is more of a generic round... readily available..brah

killagram

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah they will but 10mm is still better imo. 10mm is the most versatile pistol caliber overall. They hit much harder than .45, get deeper penetration than 9mm and can be purchased in supersonic or subsonic if you want to suppress it.

What's your edc.. brah