Who Here Has Expensive Hobbies and/or Toys

mailboxpimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
How do you like your All Clad set? I started to buy a set a few years ago, but when I lifted the fry pans, the handle cut into my hand. It was uncomfortable to hold. I haven't been cooking as much anyway but ended up with an inexpensive Viking set.
i got some dope ass cast iron joints.... spent less than $100 for the set, at my house.... where I live...... & cook all the time..... :dunno: :roflmao:

vertigo

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Running can be an expensive hobby especially if you are running races.

No smoke to you personally; Running can definitely be expensive, especially if you travel for races or have a team supporting you.. but on a more local runner level....

I was talking to a friend who runs. She was talking about these 5k, 10k, half marathon... (she has not run a full marathon yet) but she was talking about signing up and paying for this run, getting her packet and where &when the race was being held.

I was like:
"Hol up...this race is at a public park... in fact, it's at the public park you go to every other day- on the track you run around every other day...

but if you want to run around that same track in same that park on this particular day AT THIS PARTICULAR TIME you have to pay"?!
(cause you could even do it on the same day, either before they start or after they are done, but if you want to run from 11-6, you have to pay?)

I'm like: please, make it make sense. it's not like you're in some exotic location or someplace you're otherwise not allowed to go...

literally the same joint you see all the time, only, THIS TIME it costs a couple hundred bucks. HUH? :dunno:

she was like: well, you get a t-shirt :hmm: (I already have a tshirt, it was 17 dollars)
you get an official time.......... :hmm: (I have a stopwatch it was 9 dollars)
you get a number ............. :hmm: (I have a printer, it was free)

of course she knew I was just busting her chops, but I couldn't see myself paying for something that I do literally every other day for free.

Last edited:

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
Just finished a polymer 80 lower and built my AR-15. Milled it with a drill press.

Looking to mill another lower with an aluminum 80% and still undecided on the upper caliber.
May try the 308 or 7.62 route. Any input @cli-terminator ?
2 totally different caliber uses. If you're going the long distance or hunting route then 308 is an easy choice. If you just want a plinking round for going to the range then 7.62 is your option especially if you get an AK.

If you're milling out the lower then take note that 308 is an AR10 caliber. It's too big for the AR15 platform. You can build an AR15 to run 7.62 though.

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
No smoke to you personally; Running can definitely be expensive, especially if you travel for races or have a team supporting you.. but on a more local runner level....

I was talking to a friend who runs. She was talking about these 5k, 10k, half marathon... (she has not run a full marathon yet) but she was talking about signing up and paying for this run, getting her packet and where &when the race was being held.

I was like:
"Hol up...this race is at a public park... in fact, it's at the public park you go to every other day- on the track you run around every other day...

but if you want to run around that same track in same that park on this particular day AT THIS PARTICULAR TIME you have to pay"?!

I'm like: please, make it make sense. it's not like you're in some exotic location or someplace you're otherwise not allowed to go...

literally the same joint you see all the time, only, THIS TIME it costs a couple hundred bucks. HUH? :dunno:

she was like: well, you get a t-shirt :hmm: (I already have a tshirt)
you get an official time.......... :hmm: (I have a stopwatch)
you get a number ............. :hmm: (I have a printer)

of course she knew I was just busting her chops, but I couldn't see myself paying for something that I do literally every other day for free.
I have a runner friend, I've said similar. He's done a bunch of marathons. Just did NYC.

Madd funny you analyzed it like that. Cause they feel it more of a prestige to have a recorded time "public" and I think they look at each others stuff and I guess it's a talking point.

People need to feel like they belong to something is my guess.

After NYC marathon, sent me the link to see his official time and my response was like cool story bro, but how does this effect the price of tea in China?

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
2 totally different caliber uses. If you're going the long distance or hunting route then 308 is an easy choice. If you just want a plinking round for going to the range then 7.62 is your option especially if you get an AK.

If you're milling out the lower then take note that 308 is an AR10 caliber. It's too big for the AR15 platform. You can build an AR15 to run 7.62 though.
Thanks was deciding and know I'd be using a diff lower. But think I'd stick with the AR-15 so I could change lowers and use the 7.62x39.

Not doing no 1000 yard range, just if a pussy want test me at my yard, can help him tun duppy.

diamond4981

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I've been seeing all these dope die cast action figures advertised on my IG they got a die cast voltron like back in the day but they want 300+ for it. And now they have figures of Golden Axe video game Death Adder too on another site. I might buy one of these or a transformer for my xmas. Don't judge me ha.

CoTtOnMoUf

DUMBED DOWN TO BLEND IN
BGOL Legend
I just bought this Astell & Kern SP2000 Octa-core Portable High Resolution Music Player a few minutes ago. This is going to be my main music source in my new audio install in my 2022 F-150 next spring. I waited till Black Friday thinking I would catch a deal on it but nobody is budging on their price. I got it on Amazon. I'm not even gonna post what I paid for it. :curse:

31UwAUHJkRL._AC_.jpg

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
I just bought this Astell & Kern SP2000 Octa-core Portable High Resolution Music Player a few minutes ago. This is going to be my main music source in my new audio install in my 2022 F-150 next spring. I waited till Black Friday thinking I would catch a deal on it but nobody is budging on their price. I got it on Amazon. I'm not even gonna post what I paid for it. :curse:

31UwAUHJkRL._AC_.jpg

You need to adopt me.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Do ya'll have any idea how hard bitches nipples get when you pull out a guitar or bass? I was playing on my porch one day and bitches I never even knew lived around my neighborhood came strolling by the house starin. Bitches dancin goin by and all. :eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2:

IRsX5A.jpg

I can believe. What you just said is what I use to dream of doing. All I wanted to do is funk out to the bass while bitches are dancing.

papi68

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Yea it's a weird thing for me I used to not care about it but I do absolutely care and judge restaurants by their plates and silverware. If that shit ain't right chances are the food is just going to be decent.

Yeah, I'm at about that or more for shoes. Ferragamo is nice I fuck with Bruno Bordese /Aime Leon Dore / Common Projects / Balenciaga and Ann Demeulemeester for my boots/chelsea's/dress shoes.

Sneakers I fucked with Leather Crown and Ghoud for a minute but Nike/Jordan and Off-White is where I live

I'm done with boots though I finally found my grail pair Crepe Sole'd CP's

Yea no bragging you just gotta sometimes live life
I'm actually now getting into full-length coats

I fucked around and ran off cruise he was ahead of his time.
I’m unfamiliar with some of those brands but I’ll check ‘em out. Thanks

CoTtOnMoUf

DUMBED DOWN TO BLEND IN
BGOL Legend
I stay with an Arrma Felony and Infraction that run on 8s in the trunk at all times just in case.... dont know why.

Yep, I used to keep my Traxxas
Slash truck in my car just incase
I ran across a good place to do
some jumps, donuts and
burnouts! Mine does 60 MPH. :yes:

Carlito

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yep, I used to keep my Traxxas
Slash truck in my car just incase
I ran across a good place to do
some jumps, donuts and
burnouts! Mine does 60 MPH. :yes:

got Traxxas E-Revo 2.0 and X-maxx. I like big boy trucks. the amountof money i spent on upgrades and repairs is crazy.i like to bash my joints to holy hell.

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Don't even get me started. I have
probably 5 figures worth of trucks
and buggies, nitro gas and electric!
Then I have another 5 figures
in RC drones and accessories. o_O
I have a client that does RC planes......dude said he has put 6 figures into that shit...

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor
Do ya'll have any idea how hard bitches nipples get when you pull out a guitar or bass? I was playing on my porch one day and bitches I never even knew lived around my neighborhood came strolling by the house starin. Bitches dancin goin by and all. :eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2:

IRsX5A.jpg
Wait until they start asking you if you will teach them how to play, and you show up, and they're wearing nothing but a long t-shirt. Happened to me at least 3 times.