Who Here Has Expensive Hobbies and/or Toys

$moneyPit$

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Sweet setup.

Are you planning to add motion? If not I would suggest some force feedback. I have 8 transducers on my rig. One for each wheel, one for acceleration, one for deceleration, one for the engine, and one for the transmission. It's a game changer, and using the rig without turning it one just feels numb now.

I will post some pics of my rig later.
Nice!!! what brand transducers are you running? I would like to get a 4 actuator setup (the Dbox Gen5) but I would have to change my monitor stand as It's currently attached to the rig, and I really don't have the room around my rig for motion. I'm looking at doing the 4 corner butt kicker gamer pro setup next month.

doggface

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nice!!! what brand transducers are you running? I would like to get a 4 actuator setup (the Dbox Gen5) but I would have to change my monitor stand as It's currently attached to the rig, and I really don't have the room around my rig for motion. I'm looking at doing the 4 corner butt kicker gamer pro setup next month.

I went the DIY route.

Transducers

Powered by 2 of these

Using this power supply
Amazon product ASIN B093628N9L
and this USB sound card
Amazon product ASIN B0953LL5R6
I use the SimHub software to drive it.

I also put my rig on casters. The feedback worked great before I got them, but there is just enough play in the casters that the transducers can kind of shake the whole rig. Nothing like a motion system, but enough to add to the experience.

$moneyPit$

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I went the DIY route.

Transducers

Powered by 2 of these

Using this power supply
Amazon product ASIN B093628N9L
and this USB sound card
Amazon product ASIN B0953LL5R6
I use the SimHub software to drive it.

I also put my rig on casters. The feedback worked great before I got them, but there is just enough play in the casters that the transducers can kind of shake the whole rig. Nothing like a motion system, but enough to add to the experience.

Nice, are you using Simhub to run the transducers and If so do you like It at the 50watts or do you need more power?
That SIM Racing looks dope as hell. Thought getting into Flight SIMs but that shitr sounds like a real investment.

Sim racing can be as little 2000 al the way to over 50,000 depends how deep you want to dive, The more money you spend the better the immersion will be.

doggface

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nice, are you using Simhub to run the transducers and If so do you like It at the 50watts or do you need more power?

Sim racing can be as little 2000 al the way to over 50,000 depends how deep you want to dive, The more money you spend the better the immersion will be.

Yeah I use Simhub. I also use the vocore screen and leds in a 3d printed case for a dashboard, and use it for that as well.

The argument for more power would be the same as more torque for a direct drive wheelbase. The fine details are there, road texture, wheel slip etc. are all perfectly acceptable with the 50 watt transducers, but more power would give you more dynamic range. So the additional power would only be for harder impact, crashes etc.

They recently released a 300 watt version of the transducers I have, and I have been considering upgrading the ones for the wheels.

The wheels are the most important and having an individual transducer for every wheel lets you know what each wheel is doing. For everything else, I could probably get away with the 35 watt version.

The engine effects are a nice touch, but it's really only noticeable at idle and when on the limiter. I only run that at 50%. Being able to feel the trans bang into gear is nice, but it really didn't need it's own transducer, that effect could have come from the same transducer as the engine vibration.

The way I have accel/decel configured those only output for hard launches, hard stops and crashes, but that can be configured to output to the wheels. I probably could have went with 5 channels and not really notice much difference.

sinistercane

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Onroad RC Cars for me
D7ypbu.jpg

Last edited:

mailboxpimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I went the DIY route.

Transducers