{The Official 2021-22 NBA Thread} - Finals: Warriors vs Celtics…{4-2 advantage warriors } Dubs NBA champs, Curry MVP

M.H.C.

BGOL Investor
All contracts should be guaranteed. Owners get guaranteed money, coaches get guaranteed money, so players should too; players are the reason any of this goes so to me that should never be a question. Players money that is, no matter the player or money...

Coaches show up and do their job. Owners, well they own the team. They typically do their job.

Easy concept, show up, do your job, be the best you can be at your job, get paid. Players are the reason the league goes, fans are the reason they get paid. Televison, Merchandising, Ticket Sales and Sponsorships are the reason why the players make what they do. Would it hurt to get out there and play the game that you so-called love and at your highest level? That's Why I never have a problem seeing any home crowd boo their team. To not show up and give your all is complete disrespect to the game and to the fans who are helping pay your salary. It doesn't give fans the right to be racist and disrespectul either tho.

But my point is, there needs to be certain stipulations for contracts in the next CBA if the NBA cares about the product they are putting on the floor. Cuz right now, the only sport worth watching in America is the NFL and they don't even have fully guaranteed contracts. That is one league and sport that should. It takes torn ACL's for those dudes to not show up and ball out.

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Coaches show up and do their job. Owners, well they own the team. They typically do their job.

Easy concept, show up, do your job, be the best you can be at your job, get paid. Players are the reason the league goes, fans are the reason they get paid. Televison, Merchandising, Ticket Sales and Sponsorships are the reason why the players make what they do. Would it hurt to get out there and play the game that you so-called love and at your highest level? That's Why I never have a problem seeing any home crowd boo their team. To not show up and give your all is complete disrespect to the game and to the fans who are helping pay your salary. It doesn't give fans the right to be racist and disrespectul either tho.

But my point is, there needs to be certain stipulations for contracts in the next CBA if the NBA cares about the product they are putting on the floor. Cuz right now, the only sport worth watching in America is the NFL and they don't even have fully guaranteed contracts. That is one league and sport that should. It takes torn ACL's for those dudes to not show up and ball out.
Fans are one part why they get paid. Multiple other factors outside of fans contribute to players salaries. There are plenty owners who are terrible owners and they get paid. There are plenty of coaches who are terrible and don't do their jobs well and get paid. Regardless of if they are fired. Players make everything go. All these sports shows, sports podcasts, TV contracts, announcers, camera men, Gambling industry, media personalities, etc etc are because of the players playing the game. And there are plenty of players who l are not paid what they are worth; Regardless of guaranteed money. Every player in every major sport should have guaranteed contracts....

HellBoy

Black Cam Girls -> BlackCamZ.Com
Platinum Member
I'm happy to have him back
He's improved every year and i look forward to see how he's improved this season.
The Heat wouldn't of been as successful the last 3 years without him.
Time will tell. Almost every player the Heat has paid big like this ended up being a waste of money.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Fans are one part why they get paid. Multiple other factors outside of fans contribute to players salaries. There are plenty owners who are terrible owners and they get paid. There are plenty of coaches who are terrible and don't do their jobs well and get paid. Regardless of if they are fired. Players make everything go. All these sports shows, sports podcasts, TV contracts, announcers, camera men, Gambling industry, media personalities, etc etc are because of the players playing the game. And there are plenty of players who l are not paid what they are worth; Regardless of guaranteed money. Every player in every major sport should have guaranteed contracts....
M does have a point. Especially with all these bitch ass niggas takin mad sick days for rest during the season. Yet, when these players sit out, the fuckin ticket prices don't go down. That's the bullshit right there. If you healthy, get yo fuckin ass out there and play.

stTCcq.jpg

M.H.C.

BGOL Investor

See I don't totally disagree but as an owner, if you don't want to show up for work, I need that money back. I'm putting my trust in you to do what I paid you for not to find loopholes on how to get your money and still not play or not give it your all. It's not really about being good or bad. It's about effort. All I'm saying is these mf's just need to give effort and damn show some passion. You ain't worth a damn if you can't show me you want to be there. There's folks that play this game for free that show more love for the game. That's sad

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
See I don't totally disagree but as an owner, if you don't want to show up for work, I need that money back. I'm putting my trust in you to do what I paid you for not to find loopholes on how to get your money and still not play or not give it your all. It's not really about being good or bad. It's about effort. All I'm saying is these mf's just need to give effort and damn show some passion. You ain't worth a damn if you can't show me you want to be there. There's folks that play this game for free that show more love for the game. That's sad
Agreed. Players wanna get paid for an 82 game schedule but play maybe 60. That's some bullshit

mOTJHv.jpg

M.H.C.

BGOL Investor
Agreed. Players wanna get paid for an 82 game schedule but play maybe 60. That's some bullshit

mOTJHv.jpg

See Day is a Warriors fan and he never had to deal with a Ben Simmons, Kyrie or even Kawhi "load management" Leonard type You did. Nobody will EVER accuse Steph of not playing up to or exceeding his contract. But I'm sure most fans wouldn't want Ben Simmons on their team or Kyrie "We should only have to play half our schedule" Irving. Half the schedule, half the pay then.

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
M does have a point. Especially with all these bitch ass niggas takin mad sick days for rest during the season. Yet, when these players sit out, the fuckin ticket prices don't go down. That's the bullshit right there. If you healthy, get yo fuckin ass out there and play.

stTCcq.jpg
See Day is a Warriors fan and he never had to deal with a Ben Simmons, Kyrie or even Kawhi "load management" Leonard type You did. Nobody will EVER accuse Steph of not playing up to or exceeding his contract. But I'm sure most fans wouldn't want Ben Simmons on their team or Kyrie "We should only have to play half our schedule" Irving. Half the schedule, half the pay then.
Effort is a problem for some but that’s life. Most people don’t like giving maximum effort every time with everything. I understand load management if it makes sense. I don’t say or compare people playing games for free to professional athletes. It’s a business and ain’t no way in hell anyone gonna play for free if they can get paid to play. Passion and words that correlate is hard to judge, for me personally; because I don’t know what’s going on in a person head or body. I do know Tim Tebow looked like he had a lot of passion but still sucked!! So I would rather have a player that’s good; because worse case scenario I could trade the player if that player wasn’t all in.

HellBoy

Platinum Member
He wins 40 games a year and gets ousted in the first round mostly. Big deal.

Also, Bam and Jimmy are all NBA guys and the white boy they just grossly overpaid is a 6th man of the year. Hardly G-league.
Its G-League. The majority of these dudes are high energy journeymen. Jimmy/Bam can only do so much. The fact that a big market team with 1 star is making the playoffs and upsetting favorites makes Spo worthy. I don't like his in game adjustments, but overall the Heat are always a threat.

xxironxx

PhD in Trollin
BGOL Investor
He wins 40 games a year and gets ousted in the first round mostly. Big deal.

Also, Bam and Jimmy are all NBA guys and the white boy they just grossly overpaid is a 6th man of the year. Hardly G-league.
You forgot about Lowry being an all star at 1 point too. Niggaz acting like they a squad full of lifetime fitness niggaz.

HellBoy

Platinum Member
You forgot about Lowry being an all star at 1 point too. Niggaz acting like they a squad full of lifetime fitness niggaz.
Lowry is washed and didnt do much of anything last year. Even went some games with 0 points. Once upon a time stats got him paid, but he didnt help get them to the conference finals.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Cap?

I hear you but that is a bit HARSH.

I understand

especially Kyrie MOST recent comments

but it has NEVER been deliberately hurtful or malicious on his part.

He has done some SERIOUS good SERIOUS

KI f*cked up yeah

and I am NOT a Kyrie defender by any means

but Let's give the young man a little more time to find himself.

at LEAST this season.

As a mentor and elder I don't see how stating something like THAT publicly helps anyone, Kareem