The Board upgrade is complete - 4-13-2023

cold-n-cocky

BGOL vet down since the “56k stay out!” days
BGOL Gold Member
Oh and how do I turn off that "similar Threads" shit? That shit is annoying.
I’m of the opposite opinion, it brings back up posts of similar topics and hopefully will reduce the redundancy of some things that have already been discussed.

Now that said, some LONG buried stuff that was thought to be dead and buried, never to be seen again (especially if it was posted back when the board was private), might be resurrected like Jesus on the 3rd day.

mcguyver

Rising Star
OG Investor
I’m of the opposite opinion, it brings back up posts of similar topics and hopefully will reduce the redundancy of some things that have already been discussed.

Now that said, some LONG buried stuff that was thought to be dead and buried, never to be seen again (especially if it was posted back when the board was private), might be resurrected like Jesus on the 3rd day.

Now MOFOs gonna quoting old ass threads like they were made yesterday.

SIDESHOW

Uncle Juice
BGOL Investor
Now MOFOs gonna quoting old ass threads like they were made yesterday.
you-got-a-point-jodie-walton.gif

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
Never used the ignore button before, loving it now. Sending these trolls to the abyss.

kick-kick-him.gif
I'm glad the ignore button is available because some of these dickheads aren't worth your time to be going back and forth.

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
I'm glad the ignore button is available because some of these dickheads aren't worth your time to be going back and forth.
You grease the sacks of anyone that you can...... boot lick like a mofo in your attempts to "look" legit
sidebar: make sure that you tell eveyone how you got me on ignore, when you can't see this
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
@HNIC How come I can't insert emojis, edit font, etc? All that shit is disabled even when I am editing my posts. I can't do anything with quotes either.

Oh and how do I turn off that "similar Threads" shit? That shit is annoying.

Everyone's layout appears to vary, depending on size of screen. You may have one or more hidden menus under the three dots for text, smilies and other chat options. If you see the options and still can't enable them, you will need to wait for HNIC. I can't help you with the similar threads.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
Do will still have the dark mode theme for the board?

We are still working on getting that back. It was messing with the formatting of the board and making it unreadable when enabled. Most people who really need it are enabling dark pages via browser settings or extensions.

mcguyver

Rising Star
OG Investor
Everyone's layout appears to vary, depending on size of screen. You may have one or more hidden menus under the three dots for text, smilies and other chat options. If you see the options and still can't enable them, you will need to wait for HNIC. I can't help you with the similar threads.

Yeah everything is disabled.

TittyMaster404

BGOL Veteran Titty Inspector
BGOL Investor
We are still working on getting that back. It was messing with the formatting of the board and making it unreadable when enabled. Most people who really need it are enabling dark pages via browser settings or extensions.
Thanks for the quick response!

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
Make sure the preview post icon isn't clicked. That grays everything out until you click it off again.
I spent about 20 minutes trying to figure that out when it happened the first time to me..... when you click those drop down buttons on the right, when you make a reply vs make a thread..... the available icon buttons are in a different spot.... also the alignment and list options are reversed from before the upgrades..... after using them so long before the upgrade, occasionally I'm still messing up and hitting the wrong one

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
The layout varies depending on the size of the screen, but it will be the piece of paper with the magnifying glass over it and look like or similar to one of the two below.
The "light" gray is shit...... honestly

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
I been hitting that shit and it makes no difference.
if you have multiple tabs open and you're doing something in both, it might have moved because it's still opened on one of the tabs.... look on both sides of the page.... also, I find that once you hit it and it goes light gray.... it's a lot harder for me to see.... I see contrasting colors better and that shitty light gray is on the white side of the color scale

mcguyver

Rising Star
OG Investor
if you have multiple tabs open and you're doing something in both, it might have moved because it's still opened on one of the tabs.... look on both sides of the page.... also, I find that once you hit it and it goes light gray.... it's a lot harder for me to see.... I see contrasting colors better and that shitty light gray is on the white side of the color scale

I been hitting that shit, I thought it was a search feature. Now I see when I hit it, it gives me the option to edit the quote, but everything else is still disabled.

mcguyver

Rising Star
OG Investor
The layout varies depending on the size of the screen, but it will be the piece of paper with the magnifying glass over it and look like or similar to one of the two below.

Tell HNIC he needs to hurry and fix this shit. How can I properly cuss a MOFO out without the sarcastic or stern face emoji?

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
I been hitting that shit, I thought it was a search feature. Now I see when I hit it, it gives me the option to edit the quote, but everything else is still disabled.
Take a screen shot before and after you hit it and post them so that we can see what you're seeing mac :dunno:

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
It looks exactly like the ones you posted.

Correction..... Lexx posted.
I don't know what to say...... when you hit it, you should see how everything that you typed in looks when posted.... I like the new shit because you no longer have to scroll all the way down to post once you've previewed... just hit the button again to reverse it, and then hit post

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
I been hitting that shit and it makes no difference.

Type something in the reply first, preferably with a link or tweet so you can see the difference. When the preview is on, all those options for emojis and changing text are grayed out and you will see the link or tweet formatted. When preview is off, you will only see text and should be able to click and enable the other options. If I have preview on and I click an option, it turns it off and I have to click a second time on the option to select or toggle it. I hope that made sense.

mcguyver

Rising Star
OG Investor
Type something in the reply first, preferably with a link or tweet so you can see the difference. When the preview is on, all those options for emojis and changing text are grayed out and you will see the link or tweet formatted. When preview is off, you will only see text and should be able to click and enable the other options. If I have preview on and I click an option, it turns it off and I have to click a second time on the option to select or toggle it. I hope that made sense.

Still disabled in chrome.

mcguyver

Rising Star
OG Investor
Ditch Chrome and get Firefox.

Everything works with firefox