Stargirl Discussion Thread

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator
sensei you into comics back in the day like that?

YOU knew who Sportsmaster was?

naw ...from young justice cartoons...lol

n when i read comics i was more of a marvel person ...

i out grew comics after i joined the navy ...couldnt keep up after that so i jus gave up ...

i have some of my comics still from like mid 80`s i think ...

i remember this like it was yesterday ...

even tho i had stopped reading n collecting comics i still had most of them with me ...

i think it was about 95-ish ...we moved to a town house n i made the mistake of storing my books nex to the water heater...

bout a week after we moved in the dam shit burst n ruined all my shit ....:(:smh:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
naw ...from young justice cartoons...lol

n when i read comics i was more of a marvel person ...

i out grew comics after i joined the navy ...couldnt keep up after that so i jus gave up ...

i have some of my comics still from like mid 80`s i think ...

i remember this like it was yesterday ...

even tho i had stopped reading n collecting comics i still had most of them with me ...

i think it was about 95-ish ...we moved to a town house n i made the mistake of storing my books nex to the water heater...

bout a week after we moved in the dam shit burst n ruined all my shit ....:(:smh:

damn sensei sorry about that.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
I was not expecting much from it, but it is going pretty well so far.

The show so far has a brief origin for Stargirl and continues from there with her learning to use the Cosmic Staff.

She is also in the process of trying to regroup the Justice Society of America. Their demise is explained in the first episode.

She is trying to get the team together after finding out that members of the Injustice Society of America have setup shop in her small Nebraska town. Part of the reason they are their is explained.

The series gives equal time toward the bad guys which is somewhat different from the other CW series.

There is some high school drama, but it relates to the overall story with Stargirl and her friends. They don't spend to much time with the high school drama.

So far there has been no LGBT or interracial shown.

There will be 11 episodes to debut for season 1 and the season finale is scheduled for July 27th.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
I wish I had parents like that Asian girl has. Two supervillians that got your back.

HaHa!!!

Yeah, they all got their ass' handed to them by those two IJS members.

That one villian Sportsmaster looked corny when they first showed him, but then he went into action with that baseball bat and balls and dude was like Marvel's Bullseye with shit. His wife was whooping ass too.

I like how the show gets into the villians personal lives instead of the usual of them just popping up and focusing on the heroes. All those cats got some drama in their lives that affects them.

This has been a very good show. I had doubts about it, but it is impressing me.

And that Latina in the Wildcat outfit looks fine as fuck.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Does anybody know when this show takes place in relation to the other CW shows?

They have given no reference to other characters or the Crisis incident.

Also wondering if they bring in Diggle from Arrow as the Green Lantern. He has the ring but we did not see a Lantern.

Stargirl has a Lantern but no ring.

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
And that Latina in the Wildcat outfit looks fine as fuck.
Yvette Monreal..thankfully she 27

th

yvettemonreal-60331764-609159922902940-3082914963982200735-n-69-1560680931.jpg

yvette-monreal-attends-the-rambo-last-blood-photocall-in-beverly-hills-09-13-2019-5.jpg

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
Does anybody know when this show takes place in relation to the other CW shows?

They have given no reference to other characters or the Crisis incident.

Also wondering if they bring in Diggle from Arrow as the Green Lantern. He has the ring but we did not see a Lantern.

Stargirl has a Lantern but no ring.
not sure, they haven't references anything at all. If anything, Lightning should be the one to make an appearance, since she was a member of the JSA, and is in high school like them.

I think they will eventually introduce Alan Scotts daughter, Jade.

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator
Shiv handed Stargirl her ass ...lol

great fight ...:yes:

the way the fight ended tho ...does she now know Courtney is Stargirl...

Dude was yelling the fuck out her name ...?

also in the comics is Shiv black ...? Comic book heads ...?

Meg-DeLacy-Shiv.jpg

stargirls1e7.jpg

snark9

Cantankerous Bastid
BGOL Investor
They been milking Arrow's golden age [before 'team arrow', back when it was oliver, digg, and a minimal amount of felicity], for a hot minute now.

D@mnphins

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Can i get some subtitles everytime the staff looks at Stargirl and says "Bitch do you know what you are doing".

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
So, What Are DC's Stargirl's Plans for That Green Lantern...?

By Matt Webb Mitovich / June 13 2020, 10:00 AM PDT

https://tvline.com/2020/06/13/dcs-stargirl-season-1-green-lantern/

This week on DC’s Stargirl, Courtney Whitmore took a moment to regard the green lantern she collected from the OG JSA’s HQ. Is the superheroic artifact merely a fun Easter egg, or the seed for something more?

Earlier this year, the DC TV series Arrow made its own allusion to the Green Lantern Corps, though it was far more subtle. As vigilante John Diggle — who had long been speculated to be on track for Green Lantern-dom — was readying to relocate his family to Metropolis, a meteor crashed nearby, slamming him against a moving van with its force. Dig then combed through the debris to find a mysterious box, which, upon being opened, emitted a bright green light.

That scene, cryptic though it was, “was something that was worked out over a year ahead with DC Entertainment,” Arrowverse EP Marc Guggenheim explained. “We very specifically negotiated and discussed the parameters, and I feel like to say anything beyond what we have showed you would violate our agreement with DC.” (Note: HBO Max has an actual Green Lantern series in development via DC TV EP Greg Berlanti.)

Developed for the DC Universe streaming service, Stargirl thus far has been way more liberal with its mentions and glimpses of iconic heroes, both in flashbacks and during visits to the Justice Society’s headquarters. And though Courtney left behind Jay Garrick’s Flash helmet while looting the place in the name of a good cause, she did pinch Wildcat’s costume and cowl (which she promptly bestowed on classmate Yolanda), Doctor Mid-Nite’s goggles and Hourman’s hourglass (which figure into the upcoming Episode 5), Johnny Thunder’s “pink pen” (which she casually plopped into a pencil holder in her bedroom), and the aforementioned lantern.

TVLine asked Stargirl creator/series co-showrunner Geoff Johns if the show had any plans for an actual Green Lantern sighting. At first he politely deferred, “I don’t want to talk about that,” before affirming, “We have plans for the lamp, and a storyline for subsequent episodes.”

As Johns told ComicBook.com, “People want to say, ‘Oh look, an Easter egg of the pink pen or the green lantern,’ but those aren’t Easter eggs. Those are pathways to new stories. And… my hope is we get to continue to tell these stories with more seasons of the show. We’ll see. But everything leads somewhere.”

As far as which specific Green Lantern Corps member might come into play, Johns told IGN, “Jay Garrick [aka The Flash] and Alan Scott, to me, are always the elder statesmen. They’re the big heroes of the JSA, and their shadow is very long…. They are a part of the original JSA and their legacies will be felt throughout the show.”

dcs-stargirl-green-lantern.png

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Shiv handed Stargirl her ass ...lol

great fight ...:yes:

the way the fight ended tho ...does she now know Courtney is Stargirl...

Dude was yelling the fuck out her name ...?

also in the comics is Shiv black ...? Comic book heads ...?

Meg-DeLacy-Shiv.jpg

stargirls1e7.jpg
The fight seems have been great. Some really good work done on that side. Show is turning into a nice series

D@mnphins

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ok, I am confused with one thing. Who is the girl who was playing football with her parents in the stands. Is she the same one who had the pics sent to everyone who is now Wildcat. If so was she fighting against her parents a couple of episodes back.

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
Ok, I am confused with one thing. Who is the girl who was playing football with her parents in the stands. Is she the same one who had the pics sent to everyone who is now Wildcat. If so was she fighting against her parents a couple of episodes back.
That's Artemis. The chic that sent the pics is the "popular girl", you'll get more info on her soon.

D@mnphins

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That was a good episode. Have to remember she is suppose to be in high school and not mature enough to understand all the powers.

I like that they are actually showing development in the characters. Brainwaves son watching vids of his father and doing everything he says. Can I do this, awesome.

GuessWho21212

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I have a few gripes with the show. The lead character is so annoying but I have to keep reminding myself that she's an immature teenager who is supposed to be impulsive and obnoxious. So it took some time for me to stop judging her with my middle-aged mentality.

But my biggest issue is that this show is not very easy to follow for the uninitiated. As a Marvel fan, I read my share of comics as a kid and I watched plenty of X-Men & SpiderMan cartoons. That being said, it didn't matter because the MCU does a great job of being accessible to people who aren't comic book fans. Of course they do fan service with the occasional Easter egg, but for the most part anyone can jump in and enjoy these shows with no background whatsoever. The same is true for much of the Arrowverse, while they definitely pull from DC comic canon, you don't have to be a die-hard Flash fanatic to follow what's going on in those shows. But Stargirl appears to be first & foremost for the fans. I spend about an hour each week watching Youtube recap videos to explain all of the Easter eggs and call-outs that went completely over my head.

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I have a few gripes with the show. The lead character is so annoying but I have to keep reminding myself that she's an immature teenager who is supposed to be impulsive and obnoxious. So it took some time for me to stop judging her with my middle-aged mentality.

But my biggest issue is that this show is not very easy to follow for the uninitiated. As a Marvel fan, I read my share of comics as a kid and I watched plenty of X-Men & SpiderMan cartoons. That being said, it didn't matter because the MCU does a great job of being accessible to people who aren't comic book fans. Of course they do fan service with the occasional Easter egg, but for the most part anyone can jump in and enjoy these shows with no background whatsoever. The same is true for much of the Arrowverse, while they definitely pull from DC comic canon, you don't have to be a die-hard Flash fanatic to follow what's going on in those shows. But Stargirl appears to be first & foremost for the fans. I spend about an hour each week watching Youtube recap videos to explain all of the Easter eggs and call-outs that went completely over my head.
It’s been easy to follow with me as I didn’t care to know about the Easter eggs and such.

I was initially turned off by Court but also had to remind myself that she is a playing a immature teenager.

The fights scenes have been top notch and I want to fuck Wildcat lol

WattDogs

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

The show, from what I've heard, is steeped in the entire lore of the JSA.

If you ever read or grew up reading the JSA, you'll know how chaotic that is.

Not to mention, the JSA, being the 1st super-team (although that might change these days) is intertwined with numerous superheroes & groups. Hell, I can easily say that 80% of the DCU has a direct or secondary connection to the JSA, easily. Only mainstream hero I can think of that's not connected to the JSA in any real fashion is Aquaman.

For instance, off the top of my head, I can easily connect the Justice League, the Teen Titans, the Freedom Fighters, the Seven Soldiers of Victory, the Legion of Super-Heroes, the All-Star Squadron & Infinity Inc. to references I've heard about just from this show. And I haven't even seen the show yet.

It's just a lot of history that they'll probably use as the series goes on.

Also, Geoff Johns is a known Easter egger. He loves putting in references that only the geekiest of fan would get.

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Show been renewed for a 2nd season,but it will only air on the CW and not DC Universe..

also rumored some Arrowverse ppl MIGHT make appearances down the line,like the Flash(either Jay Garrick,Max Mercury or Barry Allen)..would be interesting seeing Stargirl and Pat interacting with the Legends

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Watched this weeks episode this evening.

Stargirl wants to recruit Brainwave's son for the JSA, but it looks like that ain't gonna happen.

We got some info on the ISA plans on what they are up to.

And it looks like there is a little drama going on between it's members of the ISA.

We saw a picture and got info on the team that existed before the JSA called "Seven Soldiers of Victory"....even though there are 8 members on the team. HaHa!!!

Dragon King got daughter problems which is gonna fuck shit up with his plans.

There are two episodes left, looking forward to them.

STARGIRL.JPG