Star Wars: The Mandalorian (official Series Discussion Thread) Update (Season 3 drops Feb 2023)

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Season 3
Episodes 4 - 5

Watched these two this afternoon here at home.

That Episode 5 is what Old School Star Wars heads been waiting for since Boba Fett debut in “The Empire Strikes Back”. Seeing all those Mandalorian’s together like that in live action interacting with each other along with fighting together as a team was great to see.

We got to see how Grogu made it out of the Jedi Temple and off Coruscant. With him at the Forge and thinking back, it’s got me thinking differently of him. With what Ahsoka pointed out last season that he was afraid and why he suppressed his Jedi abilities, there could be a possibility that Grogu could easily go the path of the Darkside being he is overcomed with fear. It’s a wildcard and could be possible being we know there are Sith wandering around out there after the collapse of the Empire. If there is one lurking out there and discovers Grogu, that could be a game changer for the series.

Episode 6 brought back Carson Teva from the New Republic. Tim Meadows debuted as a requisition officer showing how fucked up the New Republic is. We got a hint on The First Order rising up with what Carson said.

Big surprise cameo with Zeb from “Star Wars Rebels”. It’s good to see he is still alive and had hooked up with the Rebellion and made it thru. First time seeing a live action version of his character.

zeb-mandalorian.png

collage-maker-29-mar-2023-02-47-pm-2501-1680115699765.jpg

And it looks like Moff Gideon will be making his comeback later.

Holy SH*T...

I thought that looked like him I thought I was bugging!!!!

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor

Man, this show fell the fuck off. They should have ended the story with Mando when he let Luke take Grogu. If they wanted to continue a Mandalorian show, they should have shifted to Bo-Katan instead.

This season is like an RPG/video game with all the bullshit side quests.
  • Go here to cleanse yourself in the living waters to be one of us.
  • Fight these pirates to earn some land.
  • Disable these rogue droids before you can speak to the Mandalorians camped out over there ..
It's all written like shit.

Not to mention the dumbass cameos and music that take one out of the story. And why the fuck does that damned Mon Calamari sound like some kid from a CW show?

They should have ended it with season two. This show is the drizzling shits.

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I've been meaning to check this. I hear really good things.

MMMAAAAAANNN...

Like I stated in the "PICARD: SEASON 3" Thread.
I've not screamed in joy and almost cried at a TV Show in YEARS!!!

It's like those "TNG" Folks are one's Fuckin' Family and shit!
The Showrunners, Writers, etc have been operating on all cylinders this final season.

When I was having a Medical Crisis and hospitalized a few months back,
I joked with My Family, some Friends and Co-workers,
That I'm making sure I'm getting out of this fuckin' hospital so that I can see the Final Season of "PICARD". LOL

And it has not disappointed.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
MMMAAAAAANNN...

Like I stated in the "PICARD: SEASON 3" Thread.
I've not screamed in joy and almost cried at a TV Show in YEARS!!!

It's like those "TNG" Folks are one's Fuckin' Family and shit!
The Showrunners, Writers, etc have been operating on all cylinders this final season.

When I was having a Medical Crisis and hospitalized a few months back,
I joked with My Family, some Friends and Co-workers,
That I'm making sure I'm getting out of this fuckin' hospital so that I can see the Final Season of "PICARD". LOL

And it has not disappointed.
Bet. TNG was my favorite ST show. I'm gonna check it out this weekend.

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Bro, can I ask you question? If Data is a android how is it that he aged.. I haven’t gotten around to watching it, but his pic in the poster has me curious and did Jordi get a optics upgrade…and is he still blind? I’d think they would be able to fix that.

Fair Questions which are answered (to a degree).
Gotta Watch It Bruh.

Adroit

Rising Star
Registered
I don't know if they got all new writers this season or what, but the quality of the story has really gone to shit.
  • Two episodes after Din tells them he nearly lost his life trying to bathe in the living waters, the armorer tells Bo Katan she doesn't have to keep her helmet on.....all because she claimed to have seen a mythosaur? Is Katie Sakoff's joker face what we need to see more of?
  • In Boba Fett, there only 3 madolorians l left( Din, Paz Visla, and the armorer). Now, they have dozens, and Paz Visla has an adolescent son? Who's the mother, the armorer?(maybe I'm thinking too much)
  • This last episode was, by far, the worst yet. You can't have filler episodes when the season is only 8 episodes.

Last edited:

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
I don't know if they got all new writers this season or what, but the quality of the story has really gone to shit.
  • Two episodes after Din tells them he nearly lost his life trying to bathe in the living waters, the armorer tells Bo Katan she doesn't have to keep her helmet on.....all because she claimed to have seen a mythosaur? Is Katie Sakoff's joker face we beed to see more of?
  • In Boba Fett, there only 3 madolorians l left( Mado, Paz Visla, and the armorer). Now, they have dozens, and Paz Visla has an adolescent son? Who's the mother, the armorer?(maybe I'm thinking too much)
  • This last episode was, by far, the worst yet. You can't have filler episodes when the season is only 8 episodes.

I will assume that you are aware that this is not a documentary?

None of this shit is real?

They can do whatever they want, when they want and how they want?

You are like me when I took my kids to the movies to see the first Disney PIXAR film “Cars”.

My mind almost blew out trying to figure out where them damn cars came from and how they built shit being the internal combustion engine was not developed until the mid-1800s.

HaHa!!! :cool:

It’s entertainment, just sit down and enjoy what Disney is doing cuz if George Lucas still owned the property, we would be getting one movie every 10 years from that lazy procrastinator.

And we definitely would not be getting any series if George still owned the property.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
I will assume that you are aware that this is not a documentary?

None of this shit is real?

They can do whatever they want, when they want and how they want?

You are like me when I took my kids to the movies to see the first Disney PIXAR film “Cars”.

My mind almost blew out trying to figure out where them damn cars came from and how they built shit being the internal combustion engine was not developed until the mid-1800s.

HaHa!!! :cool:

It’s entertainment, just sit down and enjoy what Disney is doing cuz if George Lucas still owned the property, we would be getting one movie every 10 years from that lazy procrastinator.

And we definitely would not be getting any series if George still owned the property.
George Lucas and Co. gave us Clone Wars and was eventually working on a Live action series.

He never should have sold to Disney. They have removed what made Star Wars special. Now, it's just like every other series.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
George Lucas and Co. gave us Clone Wars and was eventually working on a Live action series.

He never should have sold to Disney. They have removed what made Star Wars special. Now, it's just like every other series.

George owned the SW Property from 1978 to 2012.

That’s 34 years.

I saw Episode 4 at the age of 7.

I saw Episode 3 at the age of 29.

During those 34 years, all I got was 6 movies and a animated series “Clone Wars” that never got a official ending from George.

Disney has owned the SW property since 2012.

Im 52 years old and I got more SW in the past 11 years than the 34 years George owned it.

And think of all the cats who were hardcore SW fans that have passed away and never got the chance to see the amount of content Disney has put out that folks are bitching and complaining ab

So basically, look at it from POV.

I appreciate what Disney has done.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
George owned the SW Property from 1978 to 2012.

That’s 34 years.

I saw Episode 4 at the age of 7.

I saw Episode 3 at the age of 29.

During those 34 years, all I got was 6 movies and a animated series “Clone Wars” that never got a official ending from George.

Disney has owned the SW property since 2012.

Im 52 years old and I got more SW in the past 11 years than the 34 years George owned it.

And think of all the cats who were hardcore SW fans that have passed away and never got the chance to see the amount of content Disney has put out that folks are bitching and complaining ab

So basically, look at it from POV.

I appreciate what Disney has done.
I prefer quality over quantity.

Lucas six films and Clone Wars animated show > anything produced by Disney.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Season 3
Episode 6 - 7

Just watched these this evening at home.

Episode 6 played out well with the comedy and drama.

Jack Black, Lizzo and Christopher Lloyd had good cameos.

The planet they were on with a true Democracy was interesting. Christopher Lloyd explaining the use of droids on their planet gave an interesting perspective on the use of droids. The droids at the bar giving their POV of wanting to be useful in fear of being replaced was interesting with how things are in our life with the advancement of AI/Automation.

Bo-Katan reclaimed the Dark Saber and will begin to bring the Mandalorian Clan’s together.

And L2H’s favorite PAWG directed Episode 6!!!:16:

Episode 7 starting out with the The Shadow Council and Moff Gideon was good to see. Gave us some insight on what he he is up to. Nice to hear Admiral Thrawn mentioned.

The entire episode played out perfectly with just Mandalorian’s coming together. The Night Owls debuted.

Not sure if anybody caught it, but we got a 2nd “Breaking Bad” cameo with “Skinny Pete” showing up as a Mandalorian.

breaking-bad-camino-mandalorian.jpg

I was hoping he was there at the end and take off his helmet to look at Gideon. Gideon gave more insight on his devious plan on being the Big Boss of his new Empire.

That final battle with the new Dark Troopers kept you glued to the screen. Jon Favreau closed out his Heavy Gunner a Mandalorian like a Soldier taking those Dark Troopers out.

Those 3 guards in Red that came out were some serious cats. Looked them up and they are Praetorian guards.

the-mandalorian-praetorian-guards.jpg

And Din is in the hands of Gideon, we will see his fate this week.

Overall, these two episodes were entertaining and definitely enjoyed them.

Season Finale debuts this week, heading out on road in morning and will check it out when I get back home.

Looking forward to it. :cool:

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
Show has gone to shit, Disney can't help themselves. They somehow ruined the one thing they had going for them that was universally loved.

Shouldn't have destroyed the entire point and journey of the first two seasons by immediately reuniting grogu and jin before the first episode of season 3. Grogu has served no purpose this season and it was clearly a Disney call so they can keep peddling grogu merch. Their reunion should have been earned and taken at least the entirety of the third season. Kathleen Kennedy has no idea what works or what's special about star wars and as long as she's in charge we'll keep getting hit or miss shit like this. Fuck that rough face no talent bitch.