Star Wars: The Mandalorian (official Series Discussion Thread) Update (Season 3 drops Feb 2023)

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
The Mandalorian Season 1 Easter Egg Secretly Hints At The Scale Of Grand Admiral Thrawn's Attack

One Star Wars Easter egg featured in The Mandalorian season 1 has been secretly hinting at the massive scale of Grand Admiral Thrawn's future attack.

BY MOLLY BRIZZELL
October 26, 2023

img_6ea876ebc5a3-1.jpeg

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Carl Weathers Passes Away

Carl Weathers Passes Away​

The legendary Rocky, Predator, and The Mandalorian actor/director was 76.​

If he only played Apollo Creed, that would be enough to make Carl Weathers immortal for generations of moviegoers. But he gave us so much more, including the essential Greef Karga in The Mandalorian.

Weathers, forever a member of the Lucasfilm family, died Thursday. He was 76.

Born January 14, 1948, Weathers first played linebacker in the NFL, signing with the Oakland Raiders. He then turned to acting and, in a career that spanned over 50 years, appeared in several classic films and series of various genres. He portrayed the iconic boxer Apollo Creed, heavyweight champion, in the first four Rocky films; over the course of the series, he would evolve from Rocky’s rival to best friend and trainer, creating a beloved character that would spawn the spinoff Creed trilogy. Weathers also starred in 1987’s Predator, 1988’s Action Jackson, and made a memorable comedic turn in 1996’s Happy Gilmore opposite Adam Sandler.

With the launch of The Mandalorian on Disney+, Weathers joined the galaxy far, far away as Greef Karga — an expeditor for the Bounty Hunter Guild who rises to become Magistrate of Nevarro, and ally to the Mandalorian and Grogu. He would receive an Emmy Award nomination for his efforts. In addition, Weathers stepped into the director’s chair for the critically-acclaimed episodes “Chapter 12: The Siege” and "Chapter 20: The Foundling."

“I am heartbroken by this devastating loss," says Jon Favreau, creator of The Mandalorian. "He was a hero from my childhood who I was lucky enough to meet and then had the amazing good fortune to work with. He had the energy and curiosity of a young man paired with the wisdom that his rich life and career afforded him. My heart goes out to his family and countless admirers."
We’ll miss you, Carl. Be peace.

peter.parker1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Carl Weathers Passes Away

Carl Weathers Passes Away​

The legendary Rocky, Predator, and The Mandalorian actor/director was 76.​

If he only played Apollo Creed, that would be enough to make Carl Weathers immortal for generations of moviegoers. But he gave us so much more, including the essential Greef Karga in The Mandalorian.

Weathers, forever a member of the Lucasfilm family, died Thursday. He was 76.

Born January 14, 1948, Weathers first played linebacker in the NFL, signing with the Oakland Raiders. He then turned to acting and, in a career that spanned over 50 years, appeared in several classic films and series of various genres. He portrayed the iconic boxer Apollo Creed, heavyweight champion, in the first four Rocky films; over the course of the series, he would evolve from Rocky’s rival to best friend and trainer, creating a beloved character that would spawn the spinoff Creed trilogy. Weathers also starred in 1987’s Predator, 1988’s Action Jackson, and made a memorable comedic turn in 1996’s Happy Gilmore opposite Adam Sandler.

With the launch of The Mandalorian on Disney+, Weathers joined the galaxy far, far away as Greef Karga — an expeditor for the Bounty Hunter Guild who rises to become Magistrate of Nevarro, and ally to the Mandalorian and Grogu. He would receive an Emmy Award nomination for his efforts. In addition, Weathers stepped into the director’s chair for the critically-acclaimed episodes “Chapter 12: The Siege” and "Chapter 20: The Foundling."

“I am heartbroken by this devastating loss," says Jon Favreau, creator of The Mandalorian. "He was a hero from my childhood who I was lucky enough to meet and then had the amazing good fortune to work with. He had the energy and curiosity of a young man paired with the wisdom that his rich life and career afforded him. My heart goes out to his family and countless admirers."
We’ll miss you, Carl. Be peace.

Daammmnnn !!!

R.I.P

Heavenlywings77

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Lolz why would you create beings that would be more powerful than yourself that would be able to use the force in a way you could never have access to?

Like what sense does that make?

Clones in the Prequel trilogy made sense. They had inhibitor chips and didn't have a full life span.

Force Clones is dumb. I thought it was dumb (though better done) in the Force Unleashed games....but the idea of Force Clones in Mando under Moff Gideon's "control" was dumb as fuck....

Like what is he going to do if they said "naw....we ain't following that order."

The inhibitor chips was a dumb retcon

RoomService

Dinner is now being served.
BGOL Investor

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
I don't know about that

Tripling down when you they gave multiple outs?

You wanted to play them dumb games and win stupid prizes.

And she been exposing herself ever since.
Like I said, she's dumb for continuing to egg the LGBT Mafia on...but Disney also succumbed to the LGBT Mafia and fired her.

I don't think she was fired for her views on masks/COVID etc.... it was the Tranny brigade that pushed Disney to fire her when she wouldn't use a pronoun.

I hope Disney loses this just because of how they shitted on Star Wars.

Fuck them.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Like I said, she's dumb for continuing to egg the LGBT Mafia on...but Disney also succumbed to the LGBT Mafia and fired her.

I don't think she was fired for her views on masks/COVID etc.... it was the Tranny brigade that pushed Disney to fire her when she wouldn't use a pronoun.

I hope Disney loses this just because of how they shitted on Star Wars.

Fuck them.

I respect it

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I don't know about that

Tripling down when you they gave multiple outs?

You wanted to play them dumb games and win stupid prizes.

And she been exposing herself ever since.
irrelevant
Kennedy violated Cali EEOC / Department of Fair Employment and Housing regulations by putting out a press release without notifying Carrano or her reps of the termination

been waiting for her to file since 2021

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
irrelevant
Kennedy violated Cali EEOC / Department of Fair Employment and Housing regulations by putting out a press release without notifying Carrano or her reps of the termination

been waiting for her to file since 2021

I DID NOT KNOW that.

That to me should get Kennedy terminated

Period.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I DID NOT KNOW that.

That to me should get Kennedy terminated

Period.
there is a long list of things that Kennedy should have been fired for - from an embarrassing lawsuit over stiffing a producer to her decision to not reshoot Last Jedi after Carrie Fisher died

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
there is a long list of things that Kennedy should have been fired for - from an embarrassing lawsuit over stiffing a producer to her decision to not reshoot Last Jedi after Carrie Fisher died

So why in the hell is she still there?

Can Iger fire her?

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Remember, DeSantis took on Disney in Florida.

He basically embarrassed himself and didn’t get the results he wanted.

Scarlett Johansson took on Disney cuz of the streaming of her film “Black Widow”, they settled out of court and she has been silent since.

Gina ain’t got a chance of anything. I doubt her case will even make it into court.

Trying to take Disney to court is like trying to take ExxonMobil or Monsanto to court.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster