Star Wars: The Mandalorian (official Series Discussion Thread) Update (Season 3 drops Feb 2023)

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Show has gone to shit, Disney can't help themselves. They somehow ruined the one thing they had going for them that was universally loved.

Shouldn't have destroyed the entire point and journey of the first two seasons by immediately reuniting grogu and jin before the first episode of season 3. Grogu has served no purpose this season and it was clearly a Disney call so they can keep peddling grogu merch. Their reunion should have been earned and taken at least the entirety of the third season. Kathleen Kennedy has no idea what works or what's special about star wars and as long as she's in charge we'll keep getting hit or miss shit like this. Fuck that rough face no talent bitch.

You are only looking at it as a stand alone series.

You have to keep note about the film’s Episodes 7 - 9.

Grogu was never mentioned in the films. And in Episode 9 when Rey was unconscious, we never heard Grogu’s voice when she was unconscious and only heard the voices of all the Jedi going back to Episode 1 motivating her to wake up.

Grogu is obviously important in the full story. Grogu possibly may have hooked up again with Luke at the startup of his Jedi Academy and possibly been one of the Jedi taken out by Kylo. Or something else happened to him in relation to whatever devious scheme Palpatine has going on with his Final Order.

Also, in Episode 9, when the final battle came with the Rebellion we saw some Mandalorian ships spread in the fleet, but never actually saw any Mandalorian’s. It is still up in the air if the Mandalorian’s we’re still around during those movies after this series, being they were never mentioned by name or even shown in those 3 films.

This series has about 2, possibly 3 seasons before wrapping up. A lot is gonna drop between now and the series finale connecting this series directly into Episode 7.

Don’t go nitpicking on silly shit and watch it for what it is of filling in the blanks of George Lucas’ mess, that he sold to Disney, who is doing a good job of cleaning it up in my opinion.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
Don’t go nitpicking on silly shit and watch it for what it is of filling in the blanks of George Lucas’ mess, that he sold to Disney, who is doing a good job of cleaning it up in my opinion.
George Lucas mess? Lmao you can't seriously expect a star wars fan to take anything you have to say serious while defending the abominations known as eps 7-9 and calling what George Lucas built a mess? Wtf are you even talking about? :roflmao2: what have Disney cleaned up? They ruined luke Skywalker's entire character, made three shitty sequels(the third which earned half as much as the 1st movie) made a terrible han solo film, ruined boba Fett, they literally admitted to not having a plan when they made ep 7, recently jon faverau admitted to not having a plan for the mandalorian, which explains how hard it's fallen off. Hell they had Ewan McGregor and Hayden Christensen and managed to make a weak nonsensical show that most people hated, how do you drop the ball on that? Lmao now to make things better they're giving the most hated character in star wars a new movie(which literally nobody wanted) Kathleen Kennedy won't stop until she's completely destroyed the brand.

They're throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks.

The only bright spots for Disney star wars have been side projects like star wars visions, the first two seasons of mando(heavily guided by Dave feloni who was part of "George Lucas mess" lol) and that's it.

my gripes with the season are not nitpicks, the story has been uninteresting at best, lizzo and Jack black stunt casting and filler episodes, dinn regression as a character after growing so much through season one and two. Grogu is basically a prop/punchline. Where's the hype that the first two seasons had? Why are less people watching? Is it nitpicks or did they drop the ball yet again?

Explain what Disney has cleaned up?

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
George Lucas mess? Lmao you can't seriously expect a star wars fan to take anything you have to say serious while defending the abominations known as eps 7-9 and calling what George Lucas built a mess? Wtf are you even talking about? :roflmao2: what have Disney cleaned up? They ruined luke Skywalker's entire character, made three shitty sequels(the third which earned half as much as the 1st movie) made a terrible han solo film, ruined boba Fett, they literally admitted to not having a plan when they made ep 7, recently jon faverau admitted to not having a plan for the mandalorian, which explains how hard it's fallen off. Hell they had Ewan McGregor and Hayden Christensen and managed to make a weak nonsensical show that most people hated, how do you drop the ball on that? Lmao now to make things better they're giving the most hated character in star wars a new movie(which literally nobody wanted) Kathleen Kennedy won't stop until she's completely destroyed the brand.

They're throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks.

The only bright spots for Disney star wars have been side projects like star wars visions, the first two seasons of mando(heavily guided by Dave feloni who was part of "George Lucas mess" lol) and that's it.

my gripes with the season are not nitpicks, the story has been uninteresting at best, lizzo and Jack black stunt casting and filler episodes, dinn regression as a character after growing so much through season one and two. Grogu is basically a prop/punchline. Where's the hype that the first two seasons had? Why are less people watching? Is it nitpicks or did they drop the ball yet again?

Explain what Disney has cleaned up?
George Lucas "Mess" > Disney Star Wars.

I highly advise going back and rewatching Episodes 1 to 6 back to back and then come back in the thread and give me your review.

I recently rewatched those films.

Then you will clearly understand my point.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
George Lucas "Mess" > Disney Star Wars.
I don't even understand what that means? George Lucas mess has lines/scenes/tropes that are quoted to this day and are a part of the pop culture lexicon, that mess revolutionized cinema.

The Disney sequels are already forgotten and have zero memorable lines that aren't used to ridicule the pathetic attempts at writing that is the sequel trilogy.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
I highly advise going back and rewatching Episodes 1 to 6 back to back and then come back in the thread and give me your review.

I'm a star wars fan, I don't go very long without rewatching all the REAL star wars movie.

Clone wars and rebels alone crush anything Disney has done.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
I can dig it. Doesn’t mean the other stuff ain’t good, though.

Andor was excellent. Visually and story wise.
I agree, as I mentioned I thought seasons one and two of mandolorian were very good, and my hopes are high for Ashoka and season 2 of visions. I don't blindly hate Disney star wars, but the main films have been an affront to star wars and the Skywalker legacy characters. And Kathleen Kennedy seems hellbent on shoving Rey and her creations down our throats.

Andor was well done.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor

I don't even understand what that means? George Lucas mess has lines/scenes/tropes that are quoted to this day and are a part of the pop culture lexicon, that mess revolutionized cinema.

The Disney sequels are already forgotten and have zero memorable lines that aren't used to ridicule the pathetic attempts at writing that is the sequel trilogy.
Man, I have watched the first three (and prequel films) more than any other films series. I know them front and back. I consider myself a super Star Wars nerd. Have a figure and vehicle collection, played damn near all the games and read a ton of the EU stuff before Disney bought it and shoved that stuff aside only to pick it apart.

Don't question my Star Wars nerdism nor knowledge.

Disney shit all over what Lucas and Co. built.

Were the Lucas films perfect? No, but they had heart. Even Attack of the Clones, the worst of the Lucas films, had more heart than anything Disney released in the sequel trilogy. Shit, I have revisited the prequel films more times than anything Disney released filmwise.

Disney bought the property and didn't have a clue on what to do with it and played catch up. They basically did what Warner Bros. did with the DC universe. They didn't have a direction.

Aside from Mando season 1 and 2, I've been underwhelmed by what they have done.

Last edited:

Shadow

The Dark Lord
BGOL Investor
I agree, as I mentioned I thought seasons one and two of mandolorian were very good, and my hopes are high for Ashoka and season 2 of visions. I don't blindly hate Disney star wars, but the main films have been an affront to star wars and the Skywalker legacy characters. And Kathleen Kennedy seems hellbent on shoving Rey and her creations down our throats.

Andor was well done.
The Rey comeback offended me in the most hateful way.

Don’t think I actually knew the definition of a Mary Sue until I saw this character.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
I'm a star wars fan, I don't go very long without rewatching all the REAL star wars movie.

Clone wars and rebels alone crush anything Disney has done.

Clone Wars was ok. But just like Episodes 1 - 6, George never finished it and left the series overloaded with major plot holes when it was on the Cartoon Network.

Netflix picked up Clone Wars and gave us Season 6 to begin closing it up and filling in plot holes.

Disney purchased LucasFilm and officially closed out Clone Wars with Season 7.

Disney purchased LucasFilm in 2012 and put out Star Wars Rebels which debuted in 2014 on DisneyXD. It was the first project Disney put out to…..like I stated….to clean up GL mess.

So if you are a fan of Rebels, then you are a fan of Disney.

When Disney purchased Lucasfilm. They had two choices for what to do with the property…..

• Completely ignore everything GL did and do a complete reboot of the franchise and start from scratch.

• Pick up where GL left off and continue the storyline and fill in the millions of plot holes he left and slowly introduce new plots and characters.

Disney chose option number two. That is what we are seeing now.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
Clone Wars was ok. But just like Episodes 1 - 6, George never finished it and left the series overloaded with major plot holes when it was on the Cartoon Network.

Netflix picked up Clone Wars and gave us Season 6 to begin closing it up and filling in plot holes.

Disney purchased LucasFilm and officially closed out Clone Wars with Season 7.

Disney purchased LucasFilm in 2012 and put out Star Wars Rebels which debuted in 2014 on DisneyXD. It was the first project Disney put out to…..like I stated….to clean up GL mess.

So if you are a fan of Rebels, then you are a fan of Disney.

When Disney purchased Lucasfilm. They had two choices for what to do with the property…..

• Completely ignore everything GL did and do a complete reboot of the franchise and start from scratch.

• Pick up where GL left off and continue the storyline and fill in the millions of plot holes he left and slowly introduce new plots and characters.

Disney chose option number two. That is what we are seeing now.
You're giving Disney credit for what George and filoni started lmao I get it, they definitely need the help with the sorry slate they've produced since buying star wars. Rebels is also by filoni so imo it's still under the creative direction of George

But please, fill me in on these mythical plot holes that Disney is filling in??? lol the same Disney who made Luke a hermit who tried to murder his nephew (even though he never gave up on his dad who was last I checked pretty damn evil) and gave up on trying to help his family and friends, the same like who defies his master Yoda when his friends needed him. They destroyed one of the all time classic characters by letting idiots like rian Johnson run around with the keys to the kingdom without a plan or direction.
the same Disney who never had Luke han and Leia on screen together (which of course will never happen now thanks to Carrie fisher passing)

Say what you will about Lucas star wars but those movies follow a through line and a theme, they tell a cohesive story and are remembered and loved to this day, I have never heard a single person quite a line from the new trilogy, never seen countless spoofs of scenes and it's only been a few years since it ended.

But please explain to me how you're filling in plot holes when you didn't even have a plan from one movie to the next?

They don't understand or respect star wars/the fan base on the most basic level.

And I'm not wasting anymore time talking star wars with someone who can't see the disgrace that is 90% of Disney star wars.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
The Rey comeback offended me in the most hateful way.

Don’t think I actually knew the definition of a Mary Sue until I saw this character.
I hate terms like Mary Sue since I'm a huge fan of strong female characters in film and other fiction, it's often used as a blanket term for any strong female character that isn't used as eye candy or a live interest, but Rey is the textbook dictionary definition of a Mary Sue.

And the biggest insult was her randomly taking up the Skywalker name... Who the fuck does that?

Why didn't obi wan start going by obi wan gon jin after his master died? Lmao

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
You're giving Disney credit for what George and filoni started lmao I get it, they definitely need the help with the sorry slate they've produced since buying star wars. Rebels is also by filoni so imo it's still under the creative direction of George

But please, fill me in on these mythical plot holes that Disney is filling in??? lol the same Disney who made Luke a hermit who tried to murder his nephew (even though he never gave up on his dad who was last I checked pretty damn evil) and gave up on trying to help his family and friends, the same like who defies his master Yoda when his friends needed him. They destroyed one of the all time classic characters by letting idiots like rian Johnson run around with the keys to the kingdom without a plan or direction.
the same Disney who never had Luke han and Leia on screen together (which of course will never happen now thanks to Carrie fisher passing)

Say what you will about Lucas star wars but those movies follow a through line and a theme, they tell a cohesive story and are remembered and loved to this day, I have never heard a single person quite a line from the new trilogy, never seen countless spoofs of scenes and it's only been a few years since it ended.

But please explain to me how you're filling in plot holes when you didn't even have a plan from one movie to the next?

They don't understand or respect star wars/the fan base on the most basic level.

And I'm not wasting anymore time talking star wars with someone who can't see the disgrace that is 90% of Disney star wars.

Plot holes?

Let’s start with Episodes 1 - 6

Now when I say start with Episodes 1 - 6, remember you can’t go bringing up….

• Clone Wars Season’s 6 and 7
• Star Wars Rebels
• Solo
• Rogue One
• Episodes 7 - 9
• Any series that has debuted on Disney+ since they owned the property.
• Anything from the Expanded Universe Books.

I’m gonna list plot holes on what George Lucas put out when he owned the property before selling it to Disney.

And I’m only going to just list 10 of them.

• What is Palpatine’s origin?
• Who is Anakin’s father?
• Why was Jango Fett specifically selected to be the base foundation for the Clones?
• Did the Mandalorian’s give Jango Fett authorization to work with the Kamino’s?
• Were the Stormtroopers in Episodes 4 - 6 Clones?
• What happened to Barris Offee?
• How did the Rebellion come together to organize to go against the Empire?
• Why was there no alien representation in the Rebellion on the attack on the Death Star in Episode 4?
• Who was Yoda referring to that there was another when Luke took off from his training? Was it Leia or someone else?
• Why was Luke wearing an all Black outfit in Episode 6 instead of a traditional Jedi Outfit?

Now, majority of what I listed has been answered since Disney acquired the property.

So I, you and everyone else can pretty much answer all of them at this time with what Disney has presented so far. More will be disclosed as time goes on.

But if I had listed those questions on Sept 2012, a month before Disney acquired the property, all of our answers would be just theories.

That’s it for the debate…..carry on.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
Plot holes?

Let’s start with Episodes 1 - 6

Now when I say start with Episodes 1 - 6, remember you can’t go bringing up….

• Clone Wars Season’s 6 and 7
• Star Wars Rebels
• Solo
• Rogue One
• Episodes 7 - 9
• Any series that has debuted on Disney+ since they owned the property.
• Anything from the Expanded Universe Books.

I’m gonna list plot holes on what George Lucas put out when he owned the property before selling it to Disney.

• What is Palpatine’s origin?
• Who is Anakin’s father?
• Why was Jango Fett specifically selected to be the base foundation for the Clones?
• Did the Mandalorian’s give Jango Fett authorization to work with the Kamino’s?
• Were the Stormtroopers in Episodes 4 - 6 Clones?
• What happened to Barris Offee?
• How did the Rebellion come together to organize to go against the Empire?
• Why was there no alien representation in the Rebellion on the attack on the Death Star in Episode 4?
• Who was Yoda referring to that there was another when Luke took off from his training? Was it Leia or someone else?
• Why was Luke wearing an all Black outfit in Episode 6 instead of a traditional Jedi Outfit?

Now, majority of what I listed has been answered since Disney acquired the property.

So I, you and everyone else can pretty much answer all of them at this time with what Disney has presented so far. More will be disclosed as time goes on.

But if I had listed those questions on Sept 2012, a month before Disney acquired the property, all of our answers would be just theories.

That’s it for the debate…..carry on.
I don't think you know what a plot hole is. lol Enjoy Disney star wars.:cheers: I'm sure you'll be lined up in full Rey cosplay. :giggle:

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor

• What is Palpatine’s origin? He was a Naboo Senator who was secretly a Sith Lord who was plotting to take over the Senate and being the Sith back to power.
• Who is Anakin’s father? Technically he had no father. Later it was canonized that Palatine manipulated the Force to create Anakin....
• Why was Jango Fett specifically selected to be the base foundation for the Clones? Because he was a badass.
• Did the Mandalorian’s give Jango Fett authorization to work with the Kamino’s? Authorization? He was a badass mercenary bounty hunter. Why would he need authorization?
• Were the Stormtroopers in Episodes 4 - 6 Clones? No.
• What happened to Barris Offee? Who cares?
• How did the Rebellion come together to organize to go against the Empire? There were sprinkles of the beginning of a rebellion in Revenge of the Sith.
• Why was there no alien representation in the Rebellion on the attack on the Death Star in Episode 4? Probably easier to film humans in the enclosed cockpit they used on the limited budget the OG Star Wars had.
• Who was Yoda referring to that there was another when Luke took off from his training? Was it Leia or someone else? Leia was the other.
• Why was Luke wearing an all Black outfit in Episode 6 instead of a traditional Jedi Outfit? Luke was not a traditionally trained Jedi. He was already young man, when Jedi children were trained very young. Hell, even Anakin was deemed too old to train at what, none/ten in TPM.
As @God-Of-War-420 already said, these are not plot holes....but let me answer these for you.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
As @God-Of-War-420 already said, these are not plot holes....but let me answer these for you.
Imagine talking about plot holes while defending ep 7-9??? lmao there's hours long videos of the insane amount of actual plot holes on YouTube alone lol

Also imagine accusing something of having plot holes while not even knowing what a plot hole is lmao

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Imagine talking about plot holes while defending ep 7-9??? lmao there's hours long videos of the insane amount of actual plot holes on YouTube alone lol

Also imagine accusing something of having plot holes while not even knowing what a plot hole is lmao

My argument is about what George Lucas did while he owned the property from 1977 to 2012.

Yes, there are ton of plot holes introduced in what Disney has brought us, but unlike GL, they are slowly answering them.

The main reason I think people hold Episodes 4 - 6 in high regard is that there are basically no Black people or non-white folks in them.

James Earl Jones as the voice of “Darth Vader” is the only Black person officially cast in Episode 4. And we never see him in the film.

Episode 4 is officially titled “A New Hope”, it should be titled “White Lives Matter”.

HaHa!!! :cool:

Billy Dee Williams was rushed to be cast in Episode 5 cuz of the backlash GL got for Episode 4. Billy Dee is the only Black character in Episodes 5 and 6. Majority of folks to this day is completely unaware of that.

Episodes 1 - 3 is when GL got off his Ass and finally introduced a large number of non-White characters into the SW Universe.

It most likely is one of the main reasons mofos hate them.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
My argument is about what George Lucas did while he owned the property from 1977 to 2012.

Yes, there are ton of plot holes introduced in what Disney has brought us, but unlike GL, they are slowly answering them.

The main reason I think people hold Episodes 4 - 6 in high regard is that there are basically no Black people or non-white folks in them.

James Earl Jones as the voice of “Darth Vader” is the only Black person officially cast in Episode 4. And we never see him in the film.

Episode 4 is officially titled “A New Hope”, it should be titled “White Lives Matter”.

Billy Dee Williams was rushed to be cast in Episode 5 cuz of the backlash GL got for Episode 4. Billy Dee is the only Black character in Episodes 5 and 6. Majority of folks to this day is completely unaware of that.

Episodes 1 - 3 is when GL got off his Ass and finally introduced a large number of non-White characters into the SW Universe.

:bullshit:

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor

Meanwhile, Disney baited/switched a bunch of Star Wars fans into thinking Finn would be the Main Character only to have him named by another character on some Kunta Kinte shit, following around a white girl, drinking pig water, screaming her name, being a sanitation worker instead of the Jedi we all thought he would be and getting friend zoned at the end.

All within one movie.

Shadow

The Dark Lord
BGOL Investor
Jango was a prisoner after the battle of galidraan, he escaped and conspired with Tyrannus for an Army since he wanTed revenge against the Jedi. He was in line to be Mandalor (Ruler) but never went back to claim his birthright (if I remember right).

Barris was killed on Felucia as was Ayla secura. Barris was on the other side of the planet and not mentioned in the movie.

The other stuff is answered by Disney but the stuff I did answer was in books before Disney started fucking up shit.

P.S. Bail and Mon Mothma were working with Padme for a rebellion right as things popped off. Padme died and Bail become the man until he died when Alderaan was blown up. Then Mon ran it until she aged out.

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Definitely action packed and even moving at times with a few things tied up and the show back on it's path with a few changes it was definitely a good watch but it felt like something was missing or maybe im just greedy and wanted more.

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
Definitely action packed and even moving at times with a few things tied up and the show back on it's path with a few changes it was definitely a good watch but it felt like something was missing or maybe im just greedy and wanted more.
I really enjoyed the final episode. There were a couple episodes this season they could have left out imo.

For me the only letdown for the ending is that you had the same villian as the last season.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Loved the flying/air battle between the Mandalorians and the jet troopers....

But the season was a let down and wrapped up too nicely.

They really should have ended Mando with season two.

The way this ended, made it seem like it wrapped the series. I'm wondering if the Ahsoka series will be Disney's new flagship Star Wars series moving forward.

Mandalorian was great but by the 24th chapter, it really showed how shitty the writers were with their plots.

Lolz, Axe Woves can fly up to space from Mandalore's surface....but a few episodes ago, a group of Mandalorians couldn't follow a giant bird monster without their jetpacks running out of fuel?

Last edited:

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
Finale was as mid as the rest of the season, it felt rushed and without high stakes. Our characters never felt in danger, of Disney wouldn't even keep grogu and din separated for a few episodes it makes me feel like they wouldn't have the balls to kill anyone important which lessens the element of danger and feeling of suspense. The series is in serious need of better writing, the finale felt like video game level writing(and I'm not talking last of us) Honestly the best part was the fact that at the end they seem to indicate that the next season will go back to a bounty of the week format, they tried an overreaching story this season and imo failed at delivering.

Please leave moff dead, tired of Giancarlo at this point. Lol

theoriginalgreatone

MOAR
BGOL Investor
Finale was as mid as the rest of the season, it felt rushed and without high stakes. Our characters never felt in danger, of Disney wouldn't even keep grogu and din separated for a few episodes it makes me feel like they wouldn't have the balls to kill anyone important which lessens the element of danger and feeling of suspense. The series is in serious need of better writing, the finale felt like video game level writing(and I'm not talking last of us) Honestly the best part was the fact that at the end they seem to indicate that the next season will go back to a bounty of the week format, they tried an overreaching story this season and imo failed at delivering.

I do agree that the season long story was poorly written, but I was entertained by binging. I watched ep1, week1, and could tell it was going to be dry, but to Binge it, it was better.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
I do agree that the season long story was poorly written, but I was entertained by binging. I watched ep1, week1, and could tell it was going to be dry, but to Binge it, it was better.
I can't binge shows anymore, I got a no more than 3 eps a day rule or else my brain melts and it all becomes a giant blur that I can barely remember.

I hope the next season is better, still have hope for Ashoka and the leaked preview of the acolyte was decent so we'll see, visions 2 looks promising as well.

Adroit

Rising Star
Registered
Lolz, Axe Woves can fly up to space from Mandalore's surface....but a few episodes ago, a group of Mandalorians couldn't follow a giant bird monster without their jetpacks running out of fuel?
That was the most ridiculous part of the episode. #2 was all of Moff Gideons fighters letting the Mandalorian ships fly right past them(but I guess you could chalk that up to "it's tv")

DWBass

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Agreed. The whole trying to be the new 'Darth Vador' was BS. Stupid writing there. He mentioned his clones had 'the Force'? WTF??!! How the fuck would he achieve that? Did I miss something?

Edit: Never mind. That's why he wanted Grogu. To use his DNA and mix it with his clones. I guess he managed to do so.

Last edited: